Hello everyone, out of overwhelming boredom i have decided to start an engineer pvp channel. Since there is a lack of engineer pvp guides and mechanics, do check it out! I will be adding videos daily, please give me tips on how to improve my gameplay since im relatively new to engineer's pvp.
For my Engineer's build i followed Barndoors's guide here:
His guide is really useful for new engineers not knowing what skills to pump.
Here are some pvp tips that i discovered and while pvping:
1) Ping Pong and Rocket Jump staggers your opponent, followup with normal shot or a skill for quick knockdown.
2) Bubble disables your opponent, making him unable to air recover too.
3) Do not mindlessly summon towers as it leaves you vulnerable to attacks.
4) Use your flash grenande wisely, its your only counter move.
5) Wax is good, use it to put a buffer between yourself and your opponent.
6) Ice pump tower is one of the best towers you can summon, once your opponent is slowed it becomes ALOT easier to hit him.
7) Learn timings for different cl***es attacks so u can dodge/evade it without getting hit by them.
8) Estimate where your opponent is running to before u throw your stun grenande. This is probably the best skill an engineer has. Don't waste it by missing. If opponent is directly on you, aim the grenande to the floor right below your character.
9) Airshot has slight superarmor (i think), either that or the server is laggy xD
10) Shooting your mecha duck at an opponent actually does decent damage and allows you to combo them. You need to aim slightly to the left of the opponent as the projectile flys slightly to the right when shot.
11) Ping Pong does no wake up opponent during stun animation, can be used for extra DPS - Credits to Auvreth
12) Force out when opponent is on the floor to gain distance so you wont be hit by his wake up attack, if done near a wall it can be used to wall combo him too.
13) Ping pong can be casted on some objects instead of the player(towers, relics ducks, alfredo, mirror) to allow it to home in on the opponent so it can hit them easily. Once hit by ping pong, refer to point 1 above.
Hope guys enjoy the video and tips! Feel free to leave comments and ask questions~
NOTE: Engineer soft ban - No Alfredo, no ultimates and only 1 tower at a time
This is my skill build as at level 40 cap:
Heres a video of my team(Chicken Nuggets) in one of our KOF matches:
Heres a video of me fighting a great FU (TimeBeyond):
Heres a video of my engineer fighting an alchemist:
Vs Elemental Lord (Estellrie)
And heres a video of my engineer fighting an acrobat:
Me vs Mercenary:
Academic vs Bowmaster
PM me ingame (FishPop) if you would like a match =) Preferably from sg/my for lagless games. Cheers~
NEW - ENGINEER BANLIST FOR NOOB RUNNERS.
If you are an engineer and you see these characters, don't bother playing with them as they use ultimate skills and run away everytime even when when there are no cannons or ducks. These are the players that will anger you after u lose to their cheap tatics by laughing at you or dancing
Edited by Fishiness, 09 November 2012 - 01:57 AM.