Lost1nTime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Lost1nTime, FriggNoble
  • DN, Holywood
  • Throne

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

that's not really the case for most part, there are three ways to dodge maelstrom howl, one is as you noted flash grenade, the other is rocket jump and the third is for you to cancel it. Flash is a very important skill and you might have used it before. Don't try to limit yourself to just using it to counter maelstrom howl.

#122 Lost1nTime

Lost1nTime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Lost1nTime, FriggNoble
  • DN, Holywood
  • Throne

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

when fighting destroyers, you shouldn't even let them cast maelstrom howl. Use your disables (wax, bubble bubble and flash grenade) wisely. wall or ground juggle them and use your skills to catch their aerial evasions and you wouldn't have to worry about maelstrom howl.

#123 MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

may i know the reason why did you not use alfredo and towers???

#124 YuenAi

YuenAi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8614 posts
  • Pox-
  • DN, Greenwood
  • WhoarHouse

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostMickeyMouse, on 14 December 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

may i know the reason why did you not use alfredo and towers???
Softban, no Alfredo and 1 tower at a time.

#125 babOy

babOy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostFishiness, on 02 May 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

UPDATE! COMBO VIDEO OUT! CHECK IT OUT HERE:
COMBO VIDEO

Hello everyone, out of overwhelming boredom i have decided to start an engineer pvp channel. Since there is a lack of engineer pvp guides and mechanics, do check it out! I will be adding videos daily, please give me tips on how to improve my gameplay since im relatively new to engineer's pvp.
For my Engineer's build i followed Barndoors's guide here:
http://forum.mmosite...fc15b913-1.html
His guide is really useful for new engineers not knowing what skills to pump.
Here are some pvp tips that i discovered and while pvping:
1) Ping Pong and Rocket Jump staggers your opponent, followup with normal shot or a skill for quick knockdown.
2) Bubble disables your opponent, making him unable to air recover too.
3) Do not mindlessly summon towers as it leaves you vulnerable to attacks.
4) Use your flash grenande wisely, its your only counter move.
5) Wax is good, use it to put a buffer between yourself and your opponent.
6) Ice pump tower is one of the best towers you can summon, once your opponent is slowed it becomes ALOT easier to hit him.
7) Learn timings for different cl***es attacks so u can dodge/evade it without getting hit by them.
8) Estimate where your opponent is running to before u throw your stun grenande. This is probably the best skill an engineer has. Don't waste it by missing. If opponent is directly on you, aim the grenande to the floor right below your character.
9) Airshot has slight superarmor (i think), either that or the server is laggy xD
   10) Shooting your mecha duck at an opponent actually does decent damage and allows you to combo them. You need to aim slightly to the left of the opponent as the projectile flys slightly to the right when shot.
   11) Ping Pong does no wake up opponent during stun animation, can be used for extra DPS - Credits to Auvreth
   12) Force out when opponent is on the floor to gain distance so you wont be hit by his wake up attack, if done near a wall it can be used to wall combo him too.
   13) Ping pong can be casted on some objects instead of the player(towers, relics ducks, alfredo, mirror) to allow it to home in on the opponent so it can hit them easily. Once hit by ping pong, refer to point 1 above.

Hope guys enjoy the video and tips! Feel free to leave comments and ask questions~
NOTE: Engineer soft ban - No Alfredo, no ultimates and only 1 tower at a time
This is my skill build as at level 40 cap:

http://img38.imagesh...skillbuildp.jpg

Heres a video of my team(Chicken Nuggets) in one of our KOF matches:

Heres a video of me fighting a great FU (TimeBeyond):

Heres a video of my engineer fighting an alchemist:

Vs Elemental Lord (Estellrie)

And heres a video of my engineer fighting an acrobat:
http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Me vs Mercenary:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vuuOEamg0gU

Academic vs Bowmaster
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6WbSc2eazhI

Vs Swordmaster

Vs Pala

(peace) PM me ingame (FishPop) if you would like a match =) Preferably from sg/my for lagless games. Cheers~

NEW - ENGINEER BANLIST FOR NOOB RUNNERS.
If you are an engineer and you see these characters, don't bother playing with them as they use ultimate skills and run away everytime even when when there are no cannons or ducks. These are the players that will anger you after u lose to their cheap tatics by laughing at you or dancing (mad) (mad)

Banlist:
AyAyatin
KittyCatsS
OoOJoaNOoO
Andreei
DIEZEL02
SpunkSh0tx
Ziraiah
watatao005

sir fishpop may this message reach you want to learn how to do an "unli combo cycle" imean skill after skill with right order and using it again when the cycle finish already its cooldown...

i need that kind of combo beacuse in this pcoming patch sumons will die fast could you help me in my problem..

#126 YuenAi

YuenAi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8614 posts
  • Pox-
  • DN, Greenwood
  • WhoarHouse

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostbabOy, on 15 January 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

sir fishpop may this message reach you want to learn how to do an "unli combo cycle" imean skill after skill with right order and using it again when the cycle finish already its cooldown...

i need that kind of combo beacuse in this pcoming patch sumons will die fast could you help me in my problem..
AFAIK, Engineers can't really do an unlimited combo(I once spectate DearSakura's tutorial) unless that opponent has no evasions or blocks(wake attack, AE, Dodge, and other more skills) that could interrupt our combos since most of the combo skills we'll use to juggle enemies will rotate in:
  • Airshot
  • Napalm
  • Spanner Smash(to bump to walls)
  • Force Out(to bump to walls)
  • Million Weight Hammer
  • Gravity Grenades
  • Rocket Jump
  • Confusion Explosion
One misuse of those skills will result to a total knockdown which will give opponents a chance to use a wake attack.

Edited by YuenAi, 15 January 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#127 Lost1nTime

Lost1nTime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Lost1nTime, FriggNoble
  • DN, Holywood
  • Throne

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Theoretically, infi combo is plausible. In practice; you'll need to train pretty hard to execute one. Back at 40 cap, i got lucky; just started playing summonless pvp then and managed to pull of an infi wall using stun, force out, air shot, spanner smash, million weight hammer, bubble bubble, gravity grenade, and napalm :) right nao; stun grenade has i think 17% proc chance so it will be even harder.

#128 dragonsmithren

dragonsmithren

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

How to evade or cancel Eagle Dive without Dodge?

#129 Lost1nTime

Lost1nTime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Lost1nTime, FriggNoble
  • DN, Holywood
  • Throne

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

View Postdragonsmithren, on 26 January 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

How to evade or cancel Eagle Dive without Dodge?
Stun Grenade or Bubble Bubble

#130 dragonsmithren

dragonsmithren

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostLost1nTime, on 26 January 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Stun Grenade or Bubble Bubble

Thanks (hat)

#131 MecHaLoLix

MecHaLoLix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2264 posts
  • xEngrLoLix
  • DN, Holywood
  • Koishi Komeiji's Heart-Throbbing Adventure

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

1) Ping Pong and Rocket Jump staggers your opponent, followup with normal shot or a skill for quick knockdown.
2) Bubble disables your opponent, making him unable to air recover too.
3) Do not mindlessly summon towers as it leaves you vulnerable to attacks.
4) Use your flash grenande wisely, its your only counter move.
5) Wax is good, use it to put a buffer between yourself and your opponent.
6) Ice pump tower is one of the best towers you can summon, once your opponent is slowed it becomes ALOT easier to hit him.
7) Learn timings for different cl***es attacks so u can dodge/evade it without getting hit by them.
8) Estimate where your opponent is running to before u throw your stun grenande. This is probably the best skill an engineer has. Don't waste it by missing. If opponent is directly on you, aim the grenande to the floor right below your character.
9) Airshot has slight superarmor (i think), either that or the server is laggy xD
10) Shooting your mecha duck at an opponent actually does decent damage and allows you to combo them. You need to aim slightly to the left of the opponent as the projectile flies slightly to the right when shot.
11) Ping Pong does no wake up opponent during stun animation, can be used for extra DPS - Credits to Auvreth
12) Force out when opponent is on the floor to gain distance so you wont be hit by his wake up attack, if done near a wall it can be used to wall combo him too.
13) Ping pong can be casted on some objects instead of the player(towers, relics ducks, alfredo, mirror) to allow it to home in on the opponent so it can hit them easily. Once hit by ping pong, refer to point 1 above.

SAVE! (:]) I wish more pvp tips to come. (;])

#132 DGGuardian

DGGuardian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Raufossa
  • DN, Holywood
  • Stormcrow

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hm, with the new patch can you give some ladder tips for me? With the rather middling cd of engi burst skills (splash, ppb, bcm) what kind of work around for the alfredo hp nerf do think i can implement?

#133 Legumi

Legumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

How to use Flash Grenade properly?

#134 rhonz

rhonz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

need buil pure pvp or tanker

item+heraldry pls ^_^

cap lvl70 gM

#135 KitaiSuru

KitaiSuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:38 AM

just get rekt by a barba today :T his combo takes like 80% of my HP and he kill all the minion so god damn fast. Anyone know how to counter a barba in pvp as GM?