Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3937 posts
  • KayleNier/LenAiser
  • DN, Greenwood
  • MilenaLily/ShootyBows

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Thanks to lagraser for reminding me this. I'm making this thread so that general question regarding in-game stuff can be asked here instead of multiple threads of the same question being asked in different threads. I hope others can also help.

Now ask away, I'll try to answer as best as I can

#2 Jimgaffinderp

Jimgaffinderp

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Derp
  • derp

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

oooh, i do five

What's the best way to figure and abuse RNG?

#3 Alejanderr

Alejanderr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

how do i get a signature like aoibara's? (:[)

im serious in this question (shame)

#4 theorgil

theorgil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3937 posts
  • KayleNier/LenAiser
  • DN, Greenwood
  • MilenaLily/ShootyBows

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

@Jimgaffinderp

The best way to figure out and abuse RNG is when you know the exact values. Abusing RNG works well in dungeon runs. For abusing RNG when enhancing you can use it by using the table from here: http://www.dragonnestwiki.com/Enhancing. Assuming that the information is correct you can make a simple diagram of your results to see the pattern. For Altea then you can try opening them when many people/a person get +12s/+13s or when you get a single rare item from Altea. For potentials, I got no way for that.

@tomialex

Multiple signatures? I think she said she used HTML. Why don't u try making one file picture. I'm not too well informed with signatures

#5 Jimgaffinderp

Jimgaffinderp

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Derp
  • derp

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

What do you mean in dungeon runs?

Killing monster at certain times and see if that times the monster drop awesome loots?

hmm...If killing the boss at a certain times and see if it drops epic codes that means the RNG are at highest? is it like that?

#6 Alejanderr

Alejanderr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

hmm next question then

hw do i reduce graphic lag from an alchemist?

so far before acad is released i always enjoyed pvp, but now i only pvp abit, cos of there is a job called alchemist pout

whatever aoe skill the alchemist cast to me always cause my graphic to lag, wether its the summon bubble, summon totem, or whatever the earthshake, or even their ultis(its the worst). Even the slightest idunno whatthe ef punch made my comp to delay a bit, till now i don't even know where to dodge when hit by their ulti

i think my pc is well enough for the game req, so far before acad release i have no lag with all skill, maybe el's vortex but i can still see the way to escape, the rest is not even laggy

just how do i reduce the lag? 

#7 theorgil

theorgil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3937 posts
  • KayleNier/LenAiser
  • DN, Greenwood
  • MilenaLily/ShootyBows

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

Jimgaffinderp, on 2012-05-23 19:11:01, said:

What do you mean in dungeon runs?

Killing monster at certain times and see if that times the monster drop awesome loots?

hmm...If killing the boss at a certain times and see if it drops epic codes that means the RNG are at highest? is it like that?

Well dungeon runs ain't the best example. The best is nest runs. You can wait and see what others get and try to guess the pattern and the change in sets. Of course, sometimes your teammates will get a high roll form the beginning. Note that the set of values change in either a decreasing/increasing manner. So from 0-20 to 21-40 or from 21-40 to 0-20. This is a basic idea.

#8 aoibara

aoibara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1820 posts
  • aoibara | kurobana
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

tomialex, on 2012-05-23 18:58:05, said:

how do i get a signature like aoibara's? burntout

im serious in this question shame

theorgil, on 2012-05-23 19:05:05, said:

Multiple signatures? I think she said she used HTML. Why don't u try making one file picture. I'm not too well informed with signatures

If I remember it correctly, it's either HTML or BB Code. Basically I just used a photo hosting site (like photobucket) and pasted the codes in my forum sig. I would show you the code but when I edit my forum signature, it's just an empty space. Meaning I can't even retrieve my current signature code. burntout And THAT is my question. lol

#9 Alejanderr

Alejanderr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

aoibara, on 2012-05-23 19:21:22, said:

tomialex, on 2012-05-23 18:58:05, said:

how do i get a signature like aoibara's? burntout

im serious in this question shame

theorgil, on 2012-05-23 19:05:05, said:

If I remember it correctly, it's either HTML or BB Code. Basically I just used a photo hosting site (like photobucket) and pasted the codes in my forum sig. I would show you the code but when I edit my forum signature, it's just an empty space. Meaning I can't even retrieve my current signature code. burntout And THAT is my question. lol

yay thanks for the helpp

ill try making one right away wink

#10 theorgil

theorgil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3937 posts
  • KayleNier/LenAiser
  • DN, Greenwood
  • MilenaLily/ShootyBows

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

tomialex, on 2012-05-23 19:19:46, said:

hmm next question then

so far before acad is released i always enjoyed pvp, but now i only pvp abit, cos of there is a job called alchemist pout

whatever aoe skill the alchemist cast to me always cause my graphic to lag, wether its the summon bubble, summon totem, or whatever the earthshake, or even their ultis(its the worst). Even the slightest idunno whatthe ef punch made my comp to delay a bit, till now i don't even know where to dodge when hit by their ulti

i think my pc is well enough for the game req, so far before acad release i have no lag with all skill, maybe el's vortex but i can still see the way to escape, the rest is not even laggy

Lowest setting tried? Defragment? Disk cleanup? The best option is to upgrade your CPU (central processing unit). Try to delete any necessary graphical features, including even names and health bars (you can do this through the Game Settings). Also while this is not an actual solution, you can always try to zoom in and redirect your camera's angle to only your character and the ground. This way your computer won't need to actually process the whole graphics of what is going on. Of course, you also won't know what's going ontense. I think there's some utility programs that can improve your CPU's performance but not quite sure. I think others can answer this better than me.

@aoibara

Is the picture still there though when you try to edit your signature. If there is, you can try right-clicking and check if the picture's URL by selecting 'Copy URL'

#11 aoibara

aoibara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1820 posts
  • aoibara | kurobana
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

theorgil, on 2012-05-23 19:27:09, said:

@aoibara

Is the picture still there though when you try to edit your signature. If there is, you can try right-clicking and check if the picture's URL by selecting 'Copy URL'

Nope, it's completely empty. 

Really off-topic: I like your 'Keikaku doori' sig though. tongueout

On-topic: Why not compile questions that are frequently asked recently into your first post? But then that would be too much work I suppose.

#12 xtheGazettE

xtheGazettE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • xNazgulx
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

tomialex, on 2012-05-23 19:19:46, said:

hmm next question then

how about upgrading your system? a dual core 2.4Ghz or higher + 2G Ram or higher + nvidia 8600/ati 4000 series or higher will have no problem with graphics and performance. free up cpu loads, disable/remove unwanted programs, defraging the hard drive, clean cookies and cache and check your system temperature if overheating.

.. anti-aliasing and anisthropic filtering in gpu produces more graphical lag, give up some quality for more performance.

#13 theorgil

theorgil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3937 posts
  • KayleNier/LenAiser
  • DN, Greenwood
  • MilenaLily/ShootyBows

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

aoibara, on 2012-05-23 19:33:14, said:

theorgil, on 2012-05-23 19:27:09, said:

@aoibara

Nope, it's completely empty. 

Really off-topic: I like your 'Keikaku doori' sig though. tongueout

On-topic: Why not compile questions that are frequently asked recently into your first post? But then that would be too much work I suppose.

I can but I got too many things to do hahahahaha and thanks for the compliment. It's from a manga called 'Onani Master Kurosawa'

It's weird though that it's completely empty

Edit: Here's the URL for all your signature's pictures 

http://i552.photobuc...ia_avatar05.png
http://i552.photobuc...s2011/EdOLq.png
http://i552.photobuc...muse_00_019.png
http://i552.photobuc...11/24182703.jpg

#14 DocarDz

DocarDz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Achellia
  • DN, Greenwood
  • JustifyPHâ„¢

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

how can i get an SSS ranking in a nest runs especially manti nest?

i tried partying with strong people but S is the highest rank we got

i also tried opening the chests and waiting for the next batch of golems to get more points but still no luck

the only way i get SSS is when i run solo.

#15 xtheGazettE

xtheGazettE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • xNazgulx
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

DocarDz, on 2012-05-23 19:36:49, said:

i also tried opening the chests and waiting for the next batch of golems to get more points but still no luck

you answered your own question? 

alternative way? i think get high combo hits, take less damage.. im not really sure.

#16 theorgil

theorgil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3937 posts
  • KayleNier/LenAiser
  • DN, Greenwood
  • MilenaLily/ShootyBows

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

DocarDz, on 2012-05-23 19:36:49, said:

When you do dungeon runs, at the end you'll see that there are quite a few criterias that contribute to the total point. Such criterias include time of dungeon run and combos. The 'combos' criteria contributes more point than the dungeon run time criteria. Hence, it's best to focus on combos rather than fast dungeon runs. However if you take too long to finish the nest run your score will also drop as fater run time, higher points. Moreover, the longer you do the dungeon, the more chances you have to receive damage from the monsters which decreases your points. It is extremely hard to balance between time and combos. I myself haven't seen anybody got SSS, my best is SS in a group. Oh and the difficulty of getting a higher rank increases with the amount of party members you have, that's also another reason why you have only gotten SSS when doing it solo

#17 aoibara

aoibara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1820 posts
  • aoibara | kurobana
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

theorgil, on 2012-05-23 19:36:40, said:

I can but I got too many things to do hahahahaha and thanks for the compliment. It's from a manga called 'Onani Master Kurosawa'

I thought it was Kira! shocked Onani master. I'm having second thoughts looking it up. Haha

Thanks, I'll try to recreate my sig and post the code here for tomialex. Key word,'try'.

#18 theorgil

theorgil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3937 posts
  • KayleNier/LenAiser
  • DN, Greenwood
  • MilenaLily/ShootyBows

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

aoibara, on 2012-05-23 19:43:49, said:

I thought it was Kira! shocked Onani master. I'm having second thoughts looking it up. Haha

Thanks, I'll try to recreate my sig and post the code here for tomialex. Key word,'try'.

Off-topic: Well I encourage you to see it. The method of delivery is a bit awkward, but the content of the story is amazing

#19 Alejanderr

Alejanderr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

I have done all, including using game booster

maybe ill try editing the game setting, i never knew u can edit it actually tongueout

#20 xtheGazettE

xtheGazettE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • xNazgulx
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

aoibara, on 2012-05-23 19:43:49, said:

it wasnt kira? haha im pretty sure its light, im wrong all this time.