217 replies to this topic

#1 Miaki1192

Miaki1192

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

Hey there~

I checked every thread I could find on this topic, but didn't find a solution for my problem.

The problem is that the game tends to crash on various occasions in several different ways. Here a short explanation of the crashes:

1) Critical Error: Out of memory

After pressing 'OK' the window closes. This error occurs mostly when I'm in town and very often when I click on some window in the game. It happened in the Cash Shop and in some other normal menus, too. There's no lag just plop and the game is down. Sometimes it also happens when I change the area. Didn't happen in dungeons to me tough.

2) Freezing screen

First the game starts to lag and suddenly the game just freezes. Also a crash I mostly occur in town. My PC shows that there's no response of the game and I have to force my PC to close the window and restart the game.

3) Game doesn't react anymore

This doesn't happen to often and I think the reason is probably the sever... It mostly happens in dungeons. I can move and stuff, but monsters won't react to me anymore, can't destroy barrels and stuff. I have to shut down the game - but the 'Esc-menu' is still working during this crash. Just wanted to say. It's probably not too important.

4) Things that don't work out too well, too (No crashes, though)

- Lag while in the Boundary of darkness (The thing with the rounds)

- I can't open Firefox while playing. My PC makes a fuss over it as if someone's trying to kill it. Unbearable slow. Internet Explorer works out fine though. Very strange. CPU usage doesn't change.

Okay, a few things about my PC and other stuff that might be interesting:

Windows 7 Professional - Service Pack 1

64 Bit system

Acer

Veriton M4610G

Intel® Core™ i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz  (quad-core-processor)

8GB RAM

graphic card: Intel® HD Graphics

anti-virus programm: Microsoft Security Essentials

CPU usage while playing: around 30%

Internet connection: Around 11.500 kbps

As you see, my PC should be able to handle the game. I didn't always get the problem, but after I paused with the game for a while it is like it is now. I'm playing again since three days now.

Things I already tried:

- putting the game on every white list I could find

- lower the security settings

- updating all the drivers

- updating DirectX (was the newest version either way)

- checking my PC for viruses

- changing the virtual RAM in the system settings according to a description in this forum to solve the bug. Didn't help either.

Hope someone will be able to help me... I guess it's just a wrong setting or something, but I won't find anything.

#2 Peth

Peth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'm here to report the same problem. Also, I've noticed that the game takes full 4 Gigabytes of memory before crashing.

My guesses are, at this point, that it's either fault of Dragon Nest being a 32 bit program (hence, only able to allocate aroiung 4 GB of RAM) running under 64 bit system, or Intel HD Graphics, which use the computer's RAM intead of their own memory, are somehow unable to unload some of the graphics after they are no longer in use or have problem converting between the 64 bit and 32 bit values. Other than that, I'm slumped.

Only "solution" so far is exiting after every dng and restarting the whole program - since in most of the cases, one dng is not enough to load the whole memory. I'd expect that using external graphics card would solve the problem, but it's not possible to check that on notebooks and as for me, I lack necessary funds.

Edited by Peth, 10 June 2012 - 07:52 AM.

#3 azrael97c

azrael97c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hmm... having this issue too... here are my specs:

Intel i7-2600k
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel HD Graphics 3000

I didn't have this problem when I used to play in my laptop (one of the earlier Core i3s, forgot the exact cpu model but with only 4GB RAM, also with Windows 7 64-bit but having a ATI Radeon GPU)

#4 BlueOrbit

BlueOrbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Is this issue solved yet? I am having a similar issue with my newly bought PC.

Here are the spec.
i5-3570k (Not yet started on OC)
4GB RAM
Win 7 Pro 32 Bit
Intel HD Graphic 4000

I was happy that I was no more the loader, at the same time sad because no keep on DC, especially in the Apo Nest. T_T

Edited by BlueOrbit, 24 June 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#5 azrael97c

azrael97c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

additional info:
screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
game resolution: 1440 x 900; windowed mode with both other options set to high (lowering detail doesn't seem to help the out of memory issue anyway)

#6 azrael97c

azrael97c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

no solutions yet?
Posted Image

#7 BlueOrbit

BlueOrbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

I am able to get out of this problem after I change the game graphic setting to low.

Not sure if this is able to help you guys or not though...

#8 Nretep

Nretep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1630 posts
  • Nretep
  • DN, Westwood
  • Guild: NineTail

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

The wording "physical memory" may be referring to your HDD space. Don't know if it takes temporary files on the game's installation drive, but windows needs some space on the systems drive for memory swapping. The file is usually set by windows to a default size of 1.5x to 3x your RAM. If your RAM is 8GB, the pagefile.sys (C:\; hidden; system file) is 12GB big (NTFS) and requests another 12GB of space. And you don't have much space left, I suppose.

#9 momona

momona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2761 posts
  • momona1412/MeshFile
  • DN, Holywood
  • beakers

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Physical memory is your RAM.

I see a pattern that only some 64-bit systems are having this problems.

There maybe a memory leak(?)

Edited by momona, 17 July 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#10 BlueOrbit

BlueOrbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Is this fix? I think there is a real memory leak here. I play game while running task manager at the same time. And I keep on seeing the RAM usage getting higher and higher.

I compare with my other computer which do not have this problem, the client only use up around 900MB, but for me, just 1 round of normal dungeon and go back to town, the memory usage is at 1.2GB. Which is not right, since when I go back town, it should clear the data...

GM please look into this.. I not sure if this is the game or my machine is at fault. But I did pretty much I can on my side already..

#11 JAMAICAEA

JAMAICAEA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

View Postazrael97c, on 24 June 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

Hmm... having this issue too... here are my specs:

Intel i7-2600k
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel HD Graphics 3000

I didn't have this problem when I used to play in my laptop (one of the earlier Core i3s, forgot the exact cpu model but with only 4GB RAM, also with Windows 7 64-bit but having a ATI Radeon GPU)

try with other video card.. i think that video card suck

#12 gencons

gencons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • M24Z
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • AbysHunter

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I get the same problem but mine is more interesting, im using 2 pc but DN client keeps crashing, one of my PC is way too advance to be question as im Using a 37,000 USD gaming PC from allienware the Aurora 6 Core Gaming Desktop

The thing is when i get disconnected from game and try to open the DN client again, my entire system frooze and system reboot itself to a blue screen with critical error notification in it. What makes me wonder is that i only encounter this problem in  Dragon nest game, no other game can cause my system to go crazy like this.

Now regarding my system as i said i doubt its my pc cause is the main problem, because the fact is i got way too advance gaming hardware as it has the following feature:

PC Brand: Customized Alienware Aurora 6 Core Gaming Desktop

CPU: 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3960X (15M Cache, Overclocked up to 4.2 GHz)

O.S: Windows® 7 Professional, 64Bit, English

Hard Drive: 3000GB2 SATA3 hard drive ( 3 Tirabyte HDD )

Graphics card:Dual 4GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 690

RAM: 32GB2 Q DDR3 SDRAM at 1600Mhz x 4 ( total of 128 Gigabyte physical RAM )

Optical drive: 8X Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Burner (BD-RE, DVD±RW, CD-RW) and 24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Alienware Active Venting (Height with top vents open: 17.59" (447mm))
Enhanced AlienFX™ System Lighting - 8 Lighting Zones
Slide-in, tool-less, and cable-free hard drive bays
Internal Theater Lighting

with spec like this i can run multiple games at the same time without any trouble at all. but for some reason i get laggy in Dragon nest even if i got 15mbps internet connection in home. i can download entire DN client in more or less 5 minutes, that's how fast it is.

my conclusion is gamer pc is not a problem here, its the server. it really need larger hardware to handle more players and fix the bug/glitch in your game client.

Edited by gencons, 06 November 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#13 momona

momona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2761 posts
  • momona1412/MeshFile
  • DN, Holywood
  • beakers

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

If it's blue screen of death, there may be some hardware drivers that are crashing.

@computer: I'm jelly (:>)

#14 lagraser

lagraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3816 posts
  • Diavolo, xDiavolox
  • DN, Springwood
  • SternRiter / Existalsis

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

This also happen to me everytime I enter Serpenta Stage or Apoc Stage, other than those...it doesn't happen.

The weird thing is, if I relog during SDN before entering stage 7, and then I enter stage 7...the error won't appear...I can even watch the whole video. But, If I don't relog before stage 7 and entered stage 7....expect 90% the memory error will appear.

I have 4GB RAM and 1.5gb (or 2gb?) Video Card

#15 BreakJei

BreakJei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • MaxPaine
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I am also experiencing the BSOD and it has happened to me just this week and only on DN

#16 Mantou

Mantou

Super Ninja Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6073 posts
  • 馒头Clan

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Regarding the memory leak issue or not, that i would need to inform the team and run a check with developers.

In the meantime, i found this article that might or might not help:
http://msdn.microsof...y/ff556232.aspx

Please execute at your own risk! Mantou is not responsible for any crashes etc!

Long story short, even with 4GB RAM equipped only 2GB is readable by the OS.

And to be honest this is not my field of expertise but i will try to help as much as I can.

#17 lagraser

lagraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3816 posts
  • Diavolo, xDiavolox
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Well, in the past (i've been using this laptop playing DN since dec. last year) this never happened...i think the problem started between april (i think) and continued till now. Though I can play group pvp like capt. mode with high graphic settings, the error never occured. I can handle graphics effects like the skills of alche, ELs w/o problems...the problem always occur before I enter Apoc boss stage or SDN stage 7 (T.T)

I can't post the exact specs of my PC, since I'm still at the office....I will post later, might give some help for dev's investigation

I'm using windows 7 actually

Edited by lagraser, 09 November 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#18 BreakJei

BreakJei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • MaxPaine
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostMantou, on 09 November 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

Regarding the memory leak issue or not, that i would need to inform the team and run a check with developers.

In the meantime, i found this article that might or might not help:
http://msdn.microsof...y/ff556232.aspx

Please execute at your own risk! Mantou is not responsible for any crashes etc!

Long story short, even with 4GB RAM equipped only 2GB is readable by the OS.

And to be honest this is not my field of expertise but i will try to help as much as I can.

Sorry to tell you Mantou but this article you found is irrelevant to the problem. It only answers the RAM allocation of the Windows OS for different versions. The issue here is that somewhere in the client, possibly (starting from the "Lv50 cap" patch) the game compatibility to the OS had changed and is causing the client to misread the memory pool of the Operating System hence the error.

View Postlagraser, on 09 November 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Well, in the past (i've been using this laptop playing DN since dec. last year) this never happened...i think the problem started between april (i think) and continued till now. Though I can play group pvp like capt. mode with high graphic settings, the error never occured. I can handle graphics effects like the skills of alche, ELs w/o problems...the problem always occur before I enter Apoc boss stage or SDN stage 7 (T.T)

I can't post the exact specs of my PC, since I'm still at the office....I will post later, might give some help for dev's investigation

I'm using windows 7 actually

Same here, I had noticed that I've been getting a lot of error incidences lately when "level 50 cap" started. It wasn't like this before that and I've done no changes on my OS whatsoever that may cause it. I haven't even updated the windows since the day I created this PC.

What I am more concerned is the appearance of BSOD with the client now, hopefully the techs would acknowledge the issue and come up with a solution ASAP.

Edit: I also noticed that most of the peeps here that has encountered the issue is running Windows 7.

Edited by BreakJei, 09 November 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#19 lagraser

lagraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3816 posts
  • Diavolo, xDiavolox
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

uhmmm...just make it clear, my problem started before 50 cap (:]) , I think 1 or 2 mons before 50 cap, I'm experiencing this problem though not at all time, in apoc. Other nests like manti, it never happened....just always when loading after entering the stage for boss

But, for SDN...this happens almost like 90% of the time

Edited by lagraser, 09 November 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#20 Mantou

Mantou

Super Ninja Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6073 posts
  • 馒头Clan

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

I would need collect some  information regarding this issue:

- PC specification
- OS information
- Memory Information (RAM)