I checked every thread I could find on this topic, but didn't find a solution for my problem.
The problem is that the game tends to crash on various occasions in several different ways. Here a short explanation of the crashes:
1) Critical Error: Out of memory
After pressing 'OK' the window closes. This error occurs mostly when I'm in town and very often when I click on some window in the game. It happened in the Cash Shop and in some other normal menus, too. There's no lag just plop and the game is down. Sometimes it also happens when I change the area. Didn't happen in dungeons to me tough.
2) Freezing screen
First the game starts to lag and suddenly the game just freezes. Also a crash I mostly occur in town. My PC shows that there's no response of the game and I have to force my PC to close the window and restart the game.
3) Game doesn't react anymore
This doesn't happen to often and I think the reason is probably the sever... It mostly happens in dungeons. I can move and stuff, but monsters won't react to me anymore, can't destroy barrels and stuff. I have to shut down the game - but the 'Esc-menu' is still working during this crash. Just wanted to say. It's probably not too important.
4) Things that don't work out too well, too (No crashes, though)
- Lag while in the Boundary of darkness (The thing with the rounds)
- I can't open Firefox while playing. My PC makes a fuss over it as if someone's trying to kill it. Unbearable slow. Internet Explorer works out fine though. Very strange. CPU usage doesn't change.
Okay, a few things about my PC and other stuff that might be interesting:
Windows 7 Professional - Service Pack 1
64 Bit system
Intel® Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (quad-core-processor)
graphic card: Intel® HD Graphics
anti-virus programm: Microsoft Security Essentials
CPU usage while playing: around 30%
Internet connection: Around 11.500 kbps
As you see, my PC should be able to handle the game. I didn't always get the problem, but after I paused with the game for a while it is like it is now. I'm playing again since three days now.
Things I already tried:
- putting the game on every white list I could find
- lower the security settings
- updating all the drivers
- updating DirectX (was the newest version either way)
- checking my PC for viruses
- changing the virtual RAM in the system settings according to a description in this forum to solve the bug. Didn't help either.
Hope someone will be able to help me... I guess it's just a wrong setting or something, but I won't find anything.