Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17393 posts
  • Statement below is a lie
  • Statement above is a lie

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'm not sure where to make this as I noticed that most Important pinned Threads about securing account safety are scattered to different sections. Also, because of the recent news of the Enhancing Game Security For All appeared that most people probably be shocked and don't know what to do.

It's up to the mods to where to put this as I kind of prefer it being here in GD instead as most forumers go here.

As for people out there, reading this is a must but since some of you really like to post first before searching. Then suit yourself.

First, let me start with "Game Abuse Policy" made by Purin here --> GAP
If you're curious and somehow play without knowing the rules. You'll get banned and QQ to what the reason is. There are only 2 reasons and only 2.
1.) You've been banned because of this --> Enhancing Game Security For All
2.) You've violated a rule that is written on the GAP.

For more FAQs and List of other basic DN stuff. Visit the Support page where you can also Read the DN GAP. --> Dragon Nest SEA Support Page

So, If you did really violate one of the GAP. GM's decisions are final and you can't appeal for an unban by saying that you won't do it anymore. Read Purin's thread about it here --> Ban Appeal

Second, there is another case of being banned which is probably the auto-detection system when using "Illegal Programs". You can report it here and also read more details about it here. --> Banned for "Illegal Program"

Now, let's go to the next phase.
Surely, you know about scamming and yet you still buy outside of TH? There are some ways to avoid that. (Though, I do really prefer not doing trades.)

Avoid being scammed by not trading outside of TH. Especially cash items --> Trading outside TH is Illegal

Here is some ways to avoid "Scam Tricks" which is made by Reflector --> Scam Tricks and how to avoid them
Here is another guide about identifying the scammers. Read more here --> Scammers 101

Now you know about scamming tricks by others? Well, there is more to that than just scamming items.
I know that everyone is familiar with getting "Free Items" then going to a certain site.
You're also familiar with e-mails being sent that you're going to be banned if you don't verify your account.
I'm also pretty sure you're familiar with people posing as GMs in-game.

Well here's another few info so you can be more aware of it.
Here are the official GMs in-game that you should only believe. They'll never sent any mails about verifying account, deleting, banning etc.They will only shout which has an indication of difference in color that it's the real GM. (IIRC, it's Highlighted in Green when shouting and doing General Chat) --> Official GM List

Here is another thread about faking emails sent by CC. DON'T ever believe those emails if they require getting lots of info like pin, email, password, username, etc. CherryCredits will NEVER ask for your complete details. I repeat, NEVER. Read more about it here. --> Fake Gardener Staff

Another new Modus Operandi by players is by making a fake tournament event then give you a certain site.
Here's a thread about how they do it created by someone who almost turned into their victim. --> "Fake Tournament Scam"

Note: Don't enter the said site which ends in "MoonFruit"

Also, be aware of other sites with ".tk" in the end or places that is said to have "free items" then requiring full details of your account. The only legit place you can go are here and the official FB pages by CC and Sir Addison.
Cherry Credits Official Site
Producer Addison Kang's Official FB page
Dragon Nest SEA Official FB page
Dragon Nest Page
CC Forums

Protect your account by being aware of hackers. Don't give/display your email address. Here is some tips/ways to avoid or be careful of them. --> Protecting your Account from online hackers

Here is another thread about protecting yourself from both Hackers and Scammers. Read here --> Account Safety 101

To report about gold sellers, no need to make a thread just for it and let it go in here in this list:
Westwood Gold Seller/Buyer Reporting Thread
Holywood Gold Seller/Buyer Thread
Springwood Gold Seller/Buyer Thread
Greenwood Gold Seller/Buyer Compilation Thread

You can also report hackers, gold sellers, exploits etc in here. --> Abuse Report
It's not noticeable but it's the duck with Abuse Report in it in the DN hompeage and it's different from the Forums where you go make a thread and stuff. This one will probably send it directly to CC. Don't spam it if you're going to use it.

Here is more info about logging in. Read more here. --> Dragon Nest Login

If you have more things to ask about your account regarding in other matters such as Events, Bugs, and other things. You can post it on the proper sections or Report in Cherry Messenger.

Here is a short Guide on how to get there --> Helpdesk Location
Or just go directly from here --> Cherry Messenger

Read Lucky Channel's guide on how to send a Message properly to Cherry Messenger here: How to Unban Your Account From Security Verification

Also, regarding the "Random Banning" that other forumers/players call. You can file a report to verify your account as a true owner. Formats and how to file a ticket is here written by LuckyChannel ---> How to Unban your Account

Be sure to take some lessons from Bailey about phising sites and also on how to protect your account - here: Lagendia School of Learning

It still may not be a 100% way but this is a sure way of protecting your account.
A few tips before I end this.
1.) Don't trust anyone. Even if it's a friend or someone you've gained trust. NEVER TRUST anyone. A most number one rule in gaming. (Does not reply to other matters like relatives or someone you know IRL that is living near you.)
2.) Always be cautious. It's fine being a paranoid than being dumb.
3.) Online Gaming can affect your life if you get too serious in playing it. DON'T let the game play you.
4.) Never trust the internet. (See number 1)
5.) NOTHING IS FREE.

More Extra Optional Tips:
1.) Change your Password (or maybe email/pin) regularly (weekly, monthly, yearly)
2.) Number 1 also applies in your DNSea Character 2nd Password
3.) If you're busy, you can just always check your account on your free time so you'll notice that something might be amiss.
4.) Playing at home is not clearly safe. You're only 70% safe from hacks unless you've visited malware/phishing/suspicious sites. Anti-virus helps too.

Welcome to Dragon Nest SEA and Cherry Credits. Hope you enjoy your stay and have fun. (:])

Edited by Efraym, 11 August 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#2 XydenicSky

XydenicSky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3178 posts
  • Estellrie
  • DN, Springwood
  • Mad

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Lemon..... I found you a disciple.

#3 PAROKYAniBUDOY

PAROKYAniBUDOY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • xMiaTUTx
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • LOLICONS <3

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostXydenicSky, on 03 July 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

(lol) (one)

#4 Nyaoww

Nyaoww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Deidrik
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

+1! (:]) May I put a link to your thread on my signature?

#5 Kanluran

Kanluran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4659 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

imma follow this thread for future uses.

#6 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 17393 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

But..I just can't help it. (shame)

View PostNyaoww, on 03 July 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

+1! (:]) May I put a link to your thread on my signature?
Sure. No problem. (:])

#7 Kanluran

Kanluran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4659 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

oh, btw, did lemon just got promoted to mod?

i saw a new mod named Lemonteaz and he has only 8 posts.

#8 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 17393 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Nope, Lemon is busy so he won't have time to be a mod.
So is being a normal forumer.

I've seen Lemonteaz before but I think he rarely appears now like GreenTea and other staff.

#9 gabgab

gabgab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2189 posts
  • Direfall
  • DN, Westwood
  • LittleTree

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

(clap)

#10 funton

funton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 854 posts
  • Stellatrix / Susonisuzi
  • DN, Greenwood
  • ★Ascendance★

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'm a victim of this random mass ban
Posted Image
I don't know the intention of CC about this. I have no means of doing illegalities in game and will never do such.  I'm a legit gamer and to my dismay O.O

P.S. Perhaps if you have multiple accounts mailing golds and items? I can prove my innocence on CC but the rule of showing verification is an idiotic leniency. It's like bailing your account in the easiest way a kinder could do.

Edited by funton, 03 July 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#11 Kamosuzo

Kamosuzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • That Guy
  • DN, Holywood
  • "He's back"

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postfunton, on 03 July 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

I'm a victim of this random mass ban
Posted Image
I don't know the intention of CC about this. I have no means of doing illegalities in game and will never do such.  I'm a legit gamer and to my dismay O.O

P.S. Perhaps if you have multiple accounts mailing golds and items? I can prove my innocence on CC but the rule of showing verification is an idiotic leniency. It's like bailing your account in the easiest way a kinder could do.

Did you use legit information when registering your game account?

Meaning using real name, real ID/passport number and so on.

Edited by Kamosuzo, 03 July 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#12 funton

funton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 854 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • ★Ascendance★

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

Yes. The real one. I can scan my information tomorrow morning. I keep on mailing CC but then their page has gone bonkers. (keeps on doing loops/errors).

I was asking for my offense/log/evidence that I did yet they keep on replying the same sh1t :http://dn.cherrycred...ecurity-for-all

#13 funton

funton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 854 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • ★Ascendance★

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

This feeling of dismay.

I'm one of those gamers who teaches other players and encourages them to play legitimately yet you receive this kind of bullsh1t.

DAFUQ IS WRONG WITH CC. I CANT ACCEPT THIS THEORETICAL CRAP. I CANT ACCEPT THAT I AM BANNED. I SPEND FOR THE GAME TOO.

Cool story eh?

#14 Purin

Purin

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 1504 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Two types of game accounts were suspended under this exercise:

1. Violating the Game Abuse Policy
2. Account compromised (third party accessing your account without your knowledge)

funton I believe you might belong to the second group.

#15 Purin

Purin

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 1504 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Efraym I ish lub you! Pinned! :)

#16 funton

funton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 854 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • ★Ascendance★

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I've been using only a browser every time I play. (Google Chrome) it's really vague why I ended up banned.

#17 Sonatta

Sonatta

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 14252 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postfunton, on 03 July 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

I've been using only a browser every time I play. (Google Chrome) it's really vague why I ended up banned.

Do you have a pilot or someone else you trust who login to your game account?

#18 xSnowx

xSnowx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 743 posts
  • xSnow
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

@funton
Don't be like that. CC is just enforcing a better game security for us, users. If you're wondering why this has happened to your account, just like what Purin said, this may likely be the cause... HERE. Please see the link and follow the guidelines there as long as you are under the second option that Purin had posted (Account compromised).

@Efraym
Congratulations on you and your thread! It was noticed by our moderators and gave what it deserves, to be stickied~ This would really be a good help to many players, especially to players that are just starting out. Omedetou! (:])

#19 funton

funton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 854 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • ★Ascendance★

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

There's a random DN player here in cafe that sells gold in Holywood server. He sold 10k gold 3 weeks ago yet he roams in-game freely? Dafuq is wrong with the system? Better security system is crap.

I didn't violate any. I read game rules before I play and I don't engage myself on RMT. (i've been a part of gaming industry from the past as a forum mod)

SO MUCH QQ.

Edited by funton, 03 July 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#20 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 17393 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

@Purin
Thanks! (:D)

@xSnowx
Thanks too. (:])

@funton
Don't give up, it's not like you'll lose your account forever. Lots of people here will help and try to observe what the root is if you're on the 2nd Case like what Purin mentioned. Try to recall or give a few info as much as you can. Don't be like the others who gave up and didn't have any patience. Your patience will be rewarded if you do. (:])