• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 Sherie

Sherie

• 1593 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

View Postnobird, on 27 February 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Dear Moderator,

Please allow my post to be viewed. I was engaged by the so called GM Damon(fake) last night. I need to know what will happen to me?

Hello nobird,

The GMs of Cherry Credits will not ask for your personal information. As for that, the "GM Damon" that contacted you is most likely a fake and a scam. Please do not leak your personal account information and passwords. Thank you!

#82 jennyrosejen

jennyrosejen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • KhenKaiXen
  • DN, Holywood
  • VelCoz

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

"GM" fix my account i dont have farm skills CAn u give me back my quest...

#83 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17379 posts
  • Statement below is a lie
  • Statement above is a lie

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postjennyrosejen, on 10 May 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

"GM" fix my account i dont have farm skills CAn u give me back my quest...
Go to Irine, uncheck your quest hide marker in your quest window.

#84 desofire

desofire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6132 posts
  • LemonCheek
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lacerta

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

I have a little concern about protecting my account. And yeah, I have asked this question before.

Back then during my DotA and HoN aka Garena days which was about a year or two ago, my account has never ever set foot in an internet cafe at all. I have always been very protective of my accounts to the point that I think even if Addison Kang himself told me in person to tell him about the passwords, 6 digits, whatever information that will compromise the security of my account.

Now, about my concern. Well, back then, my account was hacked. I am sure as hell I never even clicked a link that I know that is a phishing site. I even ask my computer geek friend if it is a phishing site. I never visited an internet cafe and used my garena account at all. I contacted garena, I told them the case, but they said in reply "Sorry po sir, hindi na po namin kaya irecover account niyo po. Hindi rin po naman kaya na icompensate yung nawala niyo po" in English "Sorry sir, we cannot recover your account. We also cannot compensate for your loss" Luckily, I have not experienced with CC.

So yeah, and also Adelle's account also got hacked. I am not sure of what is happening now, but IIRC based on what she said, she was just as protective of her account as mine.

So, if such a thing happened, what are the things that both the player and management can do to be able to work hand in hand to recover the account?

#85 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 17379 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

Being hacked even tho you're really protective. I have no idea but I can say is there's a small chance you can get hacked completely without a trace at all. Altho, you'll never know that you've shared info from the internet back and forth making you vulnerable monthly or daily so that's another case if your hacker is an expert and sly one. That means not even your daily or monthly change of password or info can save you. i used to register without my true info but since my past experience of lost account (Not hacked, I lost mine due to my short term memory loss and carelesness so it disappeared without anyone opening it anymore.)

I just recently used my true info here in CC. If CC can manage to protect everyone's info (which I assume that no company is safe from hacking.) then someone such as me can be safe from outside hacking even for a 99%. Well like I said, it's not really a 100% way of saving your account. It'll rather make the victim of hacking die down for at least 5% since no one usually visits the forums anyway and read this.

I have no knowledge of how hacking works but I do know that if you're on the internet, some little info about you is being leaked out here and there and gets picked up by the wrong person or rather the hacker surfing for infos and trace the owner. The internet is not safe at all even if it doesn't concern our gaming career or even if the hacker won't really need our accounts from DN, they can sell it to someone else anyway.

#86 desofire

desofire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6132 posts
  • LemonCheek
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lacerta

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostEfraym, on 10 May 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Being hacked even tho you're really protective. I have no idea but I can say is there's a small chance you can get hacked completely without a trace at all. Altho, you'll never know that you've shared info from the internet back and forth making you vulnerable monthly or daily so that's another case if your hacker is an expert and sly one. That means not even your daily or monthly change of password or info can save you. i used to register without my true info but since my past experience of lost account (Not hacked, I lost mine due to my short term memory loss and carelesness so it disappeared without anyone opening it anymore.)

I just recently used my true info here in CC. If CC can manage to protect everyone's info (which I assume that no company is safe from hacking.) then someone such as me can be safe from outside hacking even for a 99%. Well like I said, it's not really a 100% way of saving your account. It'll rather make the victim of hacking die down for at least 5% since no one usually visits the forums anyway and read this.

I have no knowledge of how hacking works but I do know that if you're on the internet, some little info about you is being leaked out here and there and gets picked up by the wrong person or rather the hacker surfing for infos and trace the owner. The internet is not safe at all even if it doesn't concern our gaming career or even if the hacker won't really need our accounts from DN, they can sell it to someone else anyway.
Well, that could be it. So, there may have been a time that me and Adelle may have shared maybe a small yet potentially sufficient enough to get access to our accounts. Holy $&%@! I think I'm scared of the internet now (sorry)

#87 cuteshoots

cuteshoots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • SHEaThe15
  • DN, Holywood
  • SEKSI

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Guys.

Prevent these hacking issues.

Well, if you have these feels that your account is being used by other unauthorized being change everything that is useful for your log-in. (PIN, PW, username (not necessary), et cetera)

monthly maintenance of your account info is favorable if you want more security.
  - monthly change in PW, PIN, username, etc

And if you play in internet shops
    (tongueout) Be sure to have fast hands when logging in (bow)

(This idea might have been posted earlier than this reply. It's not my fault for being lazy to read the previous replies XD)

CAREFUL NEXT TIME GUYS!!!  (rock)

#88 Minori

Minori

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Minori101
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • AviatorZ

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

I find this guide useful for people who lack of knowledge about online game scam/phising and so more. (:D) +1

#89 sotenisaze

sotenisaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Lunaedge/SoratoLuna
  • DN, Westwood
  • ~DESU~

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

Check the computer you rented if the installation of programs is blocked, if it is not blocked download an anti malware program and install it like malwarebytes(not an absolute solution since your account can still be hacked via the administrators pc, heard it from a dbag but not sure if its true). If there's still a doubt change your game password.

Just sharing this situation i saw last time where the male(victim) was tricked by a girl(villain, It's a trap) in facebook where the girl asks the male his game account (desperate to have a girlfriend (oo;)) thinking their relationship might level up then byebye

#90 sotenisaze

sotenisaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Lunaedge/SoratoLuna
  • DN, Westwood
  • ~DESU~

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

~sorry double post poor internet in the philippines (sorry) ~

Edited by sotenisaze, 22 November 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#91 EdSheeranTHE

EdSheeranTHE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:53 AM

HOW TO CHANGE MY FREAKING PASS?

#92 Elcine

Elcine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

3rd bump (:>)

#93 xAbLx

xAbLx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • xAbLx / KRxKaixa
  • DN, Springwood
  • Apotheoses

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for this info! ;D

#94 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 17379 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for providing more infos and tips!

Be paranoid, it helps too! (;])

#95 melonLOL

melonLOL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

ANY GM here?PLS Banned IGN-Springson ACCOUNT PLS

#96 AndoreiKun

AndoreiKun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • SorceresZZ
  • DN, Holywood
  • AstroniX

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:19 PM

What Is This? Is This Real?
Posted Image

#97 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 17379 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:57 PM

View PostAndoreiKun, on 17 March 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

What Is This? Is This Real?
Posted Image
No, CC will never ask for your account information regardless of what reason it may be.

Ignore any kind of mails in the future.

#98 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:21 AM

Fail, somebody delete this please :)

Edited by ShineFactor, 08 December 2016 - 04:22 AM.

#99 Raiden55

Raiden55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:05 PM

need help got disconnected a while ago. when I try to re login it just said cherry credit account authentication failed. what thus that mean??? need help T-T. panicking here.