Harnessing Pure Energy Or Manipulating The Power Of Gravity - Smasher And Majesty Pve Guide (Updated To 93 Cap)

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#581 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4939 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:29 PM

View Postbotanist92, on 15 October 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

would like to have comments on my pve and pvp build for smasher

pve: https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0
used to take either gravity ball or triple orbs but after reading above, comet seems quite nice although i kinda rarely use it. =/

pvp:
option 1: https://dnskillsim.h...----00-----0---

option 2: https://dnskillsim.h...----00-----0---

option 3: https://dnskillsim.h...----00-----0---

i kinda like triple orbs but well. the damage is not really there i suppose. and its hard to land 2 orbs together. but it feels good to be able to combo with it though. makes it feel like the old days. especially when i tend to sb myself from spectrum and above. =/ have not much skills to play with =/
regarding your pve build, you are not bothered with LC awakening's bubble requirement?

From what I can see from your pvp builds, I think this is a 1v1 build right?

I wouldn't bother putting a lot of points on triple orbs because your opponents in pvp are too small to be hit by all 3 orbs unlike majesties with their TO EXi. Its hard to set-up all 3 orbs against a small and fast opponent. TO is mainly used for comboing when an opponent is knocked down, time stopped or caught in poison pool. I'd prefer the build with max comet(1st build) if you're doing 1v1.

#582 botanist92

botanist92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

Actually the pve build I intend to leave the sp for lc awakening and not add it. Just in case future changes or anything and I might want it.

Max comet eh? Cuz I tend to aim for poison combo and comet gives the opponent a change to ae out if ae cd'ed while they were still in poison. My only concern is the TO dmg since its 800+ per tick at 16.

#583 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4939 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

View Postbotanist92, on 16 October 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

Actually the pve build I intend to leave the sp for lc awakening and not add it. Just in case future changes or anything and I might want it.

Max comet eh? Cuz I tend to aim for poison combo and comet gives the opponent a change to ae out if ae cd'ed while they were still in poison. My only concern is the TO dmg since its 800+ per tick at 16.
I see. The devs might change it but I'm more concerned about the 2 missing skills that haven't been revealed yet. I'm pretty sure those skills will consume energy as well and if LC awakening won't be changed, I'd rather not get LC awakening. For now LC awakening is not recommended. Optional but not recommended.

Don't use comet when your opponent is caught in poison. As you said, it gives them the chance to use AE. Comet is best used with time stop. Comet is also best used as filler when you are sure the opponent won't cancel the casting and follow up with NTL.  800+ per tick is one orb or all 3 orbs? One advantage of comet is its only one hit while TO takes time to deal some damage. And Smasher's TO is not like Majesty's TO so its easy to escape from it, even with poison. It can lock them for a few seconds but not for long.

Edited by WitWiwWako2, 16 October 2016 - 06:49 PM.

#584 botanist92

botanist92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

800 DMG per tick is per orb. But that just adds up to 4.8k dmg.. Time stop. A lot of ppl qq when I use time stop. And I tend to use double ss after time stop.

I doubt 2 missing skills will come so soon. It should come after all awakenings are done I guess.

Maybe maxed to or lvl 1 to won't make much of a difference if its just 1 orb. =/

#585 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4939 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

View Postbotanist92, on 17 October 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

800 DMG per tick is per orb. But that just adds up to 4.8k dmg.. Time stop. A lot of ppl qq when I use time stop. And I tend to use double ss after time stop.

I doubt 2 missing skills will come so soon. It should come after all awakenings are done I guess.

Maybe maxed to or lvl 1 to won't make much of a difference if its just 1 orb. =/
you only need 1 orb for pvp. Unlike majesty, smasher's TO is not that useful but to only one to two orbs. The 3rd one would be too far away to deal some damage. Comet vs TO is pretty much dependent on playstyle. I find comet to be very useful. TO is situational most of the time in my case. Smasher has a hard time keeping their opponents pinned down to the ground unlike her sister class, majesty where their TO EX and EXi is the center of their combo. Smashers tend to rely more on time stop for crowd control. In a time stop situation, it's best to use SS or Comet if SS is not available.

Most likely when all classes have their awakenings, devs might start making new skills for the next cap. Which might be either 2017 or 2018. But for optimized dps, LC awakening is not recommended.

#586 GreenApple

GreenApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • MinDer15
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:10 PM

hey guys IDK whether i'm wrong or not but awakened 9 tail no longer gives -20% crit resist
i have recently noticed this in both PvE and PvP, i don't see the effect itself
maybe it's the awakened skill itself no longer gives the debuff or maybe it's bug (oo)

#587 Chenzuki

Chenzuki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • RatedG
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

Smasher!

#588 Chenzuki

Chenzuki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • RatedG
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

Skill build for smasher!

#589 Axolotls

Axolotls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Axolotls
  • DN, Westwood
  • wut

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostChenzuki, on 21 January 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

Skill build for smasher!

I and a few people have already answered this question , please learn to read our replies and opinions too instead of ignoring them and creating more posts .

View PostEnnemie, on 14 January 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Posted Image
You can decide to add the rest of the SP into the skills you want. This build is pretty standard.
Also, you can reduce the SP spent in 3orbs and add it in other skills if you want, like comet/grav ball/blackhole...

If you are a poor person, then just farm and become richer instead of staying poor :v

This thread was started by you too .

#590 mytHero

mytHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

So with the new Majesty buff, anyone has revised skill build to share? Which one do you guys max out, blackhole or summon meteor?

#591 D3athF0rce

D3athF0rce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostmytHero, on 05 March 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

So with the new Majesty buff, anyone has revised skill build to share? Which one do you guys max out, blackhole or summon meteor?

What do u mean by ^ ??

#592 mytHero

mytHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:59 PM

View PostD3athF0rce, on 06 March 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

What do u mean by ^ ??

I meant Majesty being boosted. Increase in skills damage and reduced cd for some skills.

#593 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10927 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

View PostmytHero, on 06 March 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

I meant Majesty being boosted. Increase in skills damage and reduced cd for some skills.

either way those 2 have such slow casting times... whichever can do i guess... black hole and summon comet have similar board damage now...

#594 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10927 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

Minor Update Bump

fixed broken links like always, there seems to be something wrong with FB and CC forums
added links to freedomplays version... its pretty much the same just on a different format

#595 GreyRobin

GreyRobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

http://forum.cherryc...xi-double-cast/

TOExi double casting guide. Feel free to link it in your guide.

#596 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10927 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

View PostGreyRobin, on 23 April 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

http://forum.cherryc...xi-double-cast/

TOExi double casting guide. Feel free to link it in your guide.

i will... credits to you ofc... thanks...

i barely play lately... probably coz im bored... and im stuck juggling work and grad school

#597 TheFairy

TheFairy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • FairySan ; ScreamBee
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

Question regarding smasher... what jade is best in dungeons? I mean what jade is really fit for a  smasher? Is it pure matk?

#598 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10927 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

View PostTheFairy, on 23 May 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

Question regarding smasher... what jade is best in dungeons? I mean what jade is really fit for a  smasher? Is it pure matk?

lacks damage overall if you use pure matk... though conversion needs more cash to make it effective...

#599 andrewps

andrewps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • DarkSrc
  • DN, Holywood
  • Infinitri

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

Link broken, it said suspended page

#600 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10927 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

View Postandrewps, on 21 August 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Link broken, it said suspended page

seems freedomplays is closed for good...