• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6747 posts
  • Esquevella
  • DN, Westwood
  • Quitting soon, nothing to do at DN :I

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Posted Image

Disclaimer : I shall not take full credits to all the guides I write here, since all I merely do is enhance the current complete Green Dragon Nest Guide from FREEDOM with current T4 environment, consider I just rewrite stuffs that me and my guildies experiencing in Green Dragon Nest.

Hello, my name is Esquevella from Westwood, and this is my first guide in Forum and I will try to bring my best to write guide to clearing Green Dragon Nest (Normal) one.

Lets start with basic stereotype of Green Dragon Nest (GDN) itself :
  • DPS Nest, you need 1k FD ++ to clear it quickly
  • End of Cleric Nest era
  • Beginning of certain Class discrimination
And the in-field fact :
  • DPS Nest, you need 1k FD ++ to clear it quickly.
Fact : Semi true, but the FD is optional, you need decent gear one instead, no need going overboard FD unless you aiming Speed Title or Challenging HC one at this cap. Raw damage party with +8 and +9  weaps and 600 FD will do, as long as you know the formula to clear it.
  • End of Cleric Nest era
Fact : True, tanking is optional, you can put out Paladin from your line up since there is no dire need to keep the boss attention on one person only. However, the healer slot is still important, can bring Inquisitor / Saint as the lone Cleric slot. This nest is not the same with SDN.
  • Beginning of certain class discrimination
Fact : Semi true,some class *cough, Majesty, cough* will get discriminated due to nest`s nature element, which is Dark, that bring discriminating to certain element user. Though, good party can ignore the elemental barrier as long as certain essential class are filled, this will be covered up in party composition section

Lets start the guide, shall we?

1. FREEDOM Guide Influence
Most party I know, are still following FREEDOM`s guide/video on how to clear GDN. I will not condemn or criticize FREEDOM`s guide one, since it really helped on survival guide or knowing the GDN mechanics itself. However, the guide itself is bit outdated, as when the video is taken, it`s still at T3 era, whereas the damage output and method to clear is different with our current edition whereas T4 era already been implemented. If we blindly follow the video (e.g using Geyser/Statue), we will wasting T4 skills potential whereas most of skills are greatly boosted,

Posted Image

My point here is, take the guide but dont follow it blindly, lets move on to next step.

2. Party Composition
Continue to previous part, you can actually overkill everything from stage 1 - 5 with the right party composition. Most party I know are still bring this composition : 1 Paladin, 2 Priest, and the rest are DPS without understanding to the DPS term. This party composition sure works in Sea Dragon Nest, but will yield bad result at Green Dragon Nest one (refer to GDN as "DPS" nest).

I proposing here, respecting the term of DPS, GDN as Debuffing Burst DPS Nest instead, where you combining the DPS class overall and individual debuff skill from certain class as overall party advantages with the bursting DPS for a short time to deliver devastating blow. Stack various debuff at bosses is good advantage for raids, since now Elemental resist got capped at T4, so abusing INT suffix on party member cant be done anymore, debuff, on other side, is stackable (between different class, of course, e.g you cant stack 2 Love Virus from Physician if you bring 2 Physician, but you can stack SM`s Provoking Slam and BM`s Bull Eye together). With combining debuff from various class, you can bring down the bosses in GDN in no time, lets proceed to the nest step!

Here I`ll enlist several important and essential buff and debuff as consideration for GDN ideal party setup :
  • Sword Master : Provoking Slam debuff (35% phy and magical damage to enemy during 15 secs, 40% if wear skill ring), Brave buff (damage boost for the SM), Finishing Attack, Highlander
  • Mercenary : Battle Howl (+996 point boost to both magic and phy att, +1542 if using skill ring), Howl Charge (grants SA to party), Bone Crush (+400 to each extra hit deals during 15 secs duration), Highlander
  • Force User : Beyond Time (godlike buff that reduce skills cd by 80% during 12 secs, 15 secs if using skill ring), Mirror Force (decrease 25% magic def of the monster, 30% if skill ring-ed).
  • Elemental Lord : Ice Stack (50% overall damage increase during frozen period with one layer of ice and 100% damage increase if there are two layer of ice, 10 secs duration for Blizzard and 7s for ordinary Ice Stack, can be done through various freezing skills e.g Ice Sphere, Blizzard and Glacial Wave).
  • Academic : Love Virus (Induce 18% extra magic damage dealt to enemy, 10 s duration), Wax (Speeding up run speed, helping in GDN since lots of running needed at Dragon stage), Bio Chemical Bomb ( Reducing 15% elemental resistance, and 30% crit resist, 20s duration for boss). And C*cktail for overall stat boost + CD reduction.
  • Clerics : Striking (Increase both magic and phy att by 15%, 18% if skill ring it), Cure Relic (clear debuff and increase light att and light deff), Heal (Heal Relic and Heal), Miracle Relic (Reducing both phy and magical damage by 70% + clear debuff), Holy Shield (Heal you with 40% amount of Saint`s Magic Attack amount with each hit taken, 50% if got skill-acc), Elemental Aura (Increase Fire and ice attack/defense), Armor break (Decrease 36% phy def of the target)
  • Archer : Bullseye (25% overall damage increase for 60s duration), Spirit Boost (Increase action speed and decrease CD of skills a bit for 14s duration),Rage of the Owl (Increase 20% critical chance for 180s duration), Wise of the owl (65% increase in critical for 18s duration)
3. Ideal Party Build
Okay, after I elaborating each class advantages and contribution to raid, let me present you ideal party build for average gear player. Like I already stated before, stacking debuff properly will act as FD and overall party damage increase. So, here we go, cheap but quite powerful lone DPS party build, do take note that I`m not emphasize on gear, but more on debuff stacking like I mentioned above :

1. Crusader/Guardian : Man of the shield, even though paladin got no tier as DPS class, their true power is lies in the all mighty Divine Avatar, under the Divine Avatar, a Paladin can go burst DPS in such short time (DA+JP = Super Saiyan 3 Mode). Elemental aura very helpful to help other element user class to boost overall elemental (Fire & Ice attack) and adding elemental defense as well (Kalahan`s multi elements attack) , Armor Break helping reducing boss phy def, benefiting phy damage dealer. Note : can be replaced with other class with experienced raid party.

2.Smasher/Majesty : Key of GDN raid, Force User can use Beyond Time (or I should say : Berserk Time) to help party spamming DPS skills in short time window. Force Mirror also pretty helpful if placed properly. A must to bring in raid! Note : Essential and must bring.

3. Inquisitor/Saint : The protector of the team. Miracle Relic and various buff and heal is keeping teammate survival. Regardless of Inquisitor or Saint, both must understand their role is Support > then DPS. Since only one priest being brought in raid, Priest must prioritizing teammate safety first! Note : Essential and must bring.

4. Moonlord/Gladiator : The proud sword holder, once neglected in T3 and SDN era, now Sword Master era is begin at GDN raid, Provoking Slam debuff effect is too good to be left out, combined with proper gear and quick spammable skills, made Sword Master got role as sub DPS. Note : Essential and must bring.

5. Elestra : To be honest, compared to her fiery sister, Elestra is more preferable in raid due to her important role of keeping ice stack constantly on boss. At this cap Fire Elestra can deal almost same damage as Saleana while keeping her main role to party DPS with ice stack, must bring too! Note : Essential and must bring.

6. Tempest/Windwalker : Spirit boost is the main buff that people seek on Acrobats, combining quick CD from BT and buffed action speed due to SB = GG.com for the bursting process. Note : Very good for bursting in the later stage, exploration party can also take Acro if can timing the BT + SB combo well.

7. Barbarian/Destroyer : Various howl, SA buff, decent DPS, what else I could say? Note : Essential and must bring.

8. Physician/Shooting Star/Artillery/Sniper/Adept : Last lone true DPS slot can be filled from any of other classes, but I recommended those class, since they got their own buff and debuff for whole party. More important issue for DPS class : she must be able to cope her skills spam with BT period, due to certain classes have no skills to be spammed under BT period, which laid waste of the golden opportunity to deal huge damage during acceleration time. And from those 5 DPS I proposed, I guess Physician and Adept along with Shooting Star got upper hand in bursting DPS in short period of time, advising low budgeted raid party to pick DPS slot from those three, Artillery and Sniper mainly taken due to their Bullseye debuff that increase overall party DPS greaty.  Note : can take one of them based on your preference and available members.

I bet most of you already eager to doing raid in practical and tired reading my long wall of text.

If you feel ready to doing raid by reading this far, you-are-not.

Posted Image

Shut up, sit tight, and read a bit more. (;])

4. Skills Sequence

Last but not least, after you got the dream team to killing the green fugly fat dragon, there one last things to do, lets manage your team skills spam!

If you read this far, you`ll already guessing that my method on killing in GDN is by utilizing short time window under BT to deal as much damage as you can. However, to be able doing so, you need to set up some proper preparation to do so.

Basically, all you need is spam the skills carefully before BT period, and go crazy/berserk spamming hotkeys skill button under BT state. Basically each stage battle flow will be like this :
  • Let the Elestra start the kill fest by putting ice layer on bosses, DO REDUCE THE ICE RESIST FIRST by Frost Wind or other skill that reduce the ice resist. Lessen ice resist = more froze time = more damage to be dealed. Can use Ice Sphere followed by Glacial Wave or just go straight Blizzard Storm to put 2 layers of ice instantly. During the whole stage battle, it`s essential and a must to keep at least 1 layer of ice all the time to ensure constant damage increase.
  • Rest of other class (except the priest), after see the boss is put ice layers on em, go start spam your debuffing skills (e.g Provoking Slam, Bio Chem Missile).
  • While the debuff is almost done placed, Priest cast MR near the boss, this way will make partymates automatically gather near Miracle Relic (Hawt Chicks magnet in game, I know :3), use this opportunity to cast BT to all party members since there is less chance of partymate not hit by BT if all gathered near Miracle Relic.
  • Under BT, spam skills that have quick skill animation, pretty low cd and decent damage one ( e.g Charge Bolt and Chain Lightning, Laser Cutter and Triple Orb), do experiment and plan what skills you gonna spam under the 15s period. That`s why I said several DPS class are not suitable for this Burst Debuff Method, since they got limitation on skills to spam under BT. Under BT state, you can add Spirit Boost to increase the devastating effect of Burst DPS for 15s. Other note, it`s preferable if you doing this burst DPS under Miracle Relic as you wont have to think about holding back, since the big protector relic covering the damage you`ll got under it, putting in Howling Charge before burst DPS is also good idea since your skills will have less chance getting cancelled, every secs in BT mode is precious!
  • Combining BT, SB, MR and various debuff placed before will yield overkill on boss, usually you`ll see his HP will down very fast during the 15s period of BT. And I suggesting saving ultimate skills to spam after BT period is ends, since it usually have longer casting time, and just use it as finishing moves in case the boss still alive after doing burst.
  • Important note, if you are not capable on bursting DPS and one hit kill from the start. DO NOT BURST DPS USING THIS METHOD FROM THE BEGINNING OF BATTLE, because if not timed correctly, you`ll left boss with like 1x or 0.5x bar of HP, he`ll be able using deadly final skills, while you all left out of skills that can be used. Try to experiment when to do burst DPS, in my opinion, do burst DPS when the boss`s HP reaching half or around 2.5x before do it, 80% of the time it will granted overkill and you wont need to use Geyser, Statue or Flower all through GDN stages.
The main advantages of using this burst DPS methods are :

a. Can kill the boss quickly.
The longer you drag the battle with boss, the more you`ll suffer since all bosses have more deadly skills in their pocket as their HP got depleted.
b. Less chance of using survival methods provided in the nest, e.g Geyser, Statue and Flower.
Most death in GDN are caused by failure of using that survival methods (Fail to go up geyser, fail to hide behind statue, fail to jump into flower). This unnecessary death can be avoided.
c. Bypass nest mechanics.
Certain bosses skills in GDN are very deadly and tend to be more feared more than the dragon itself, e.g Karahan`s black hole, Kraken`s Curse Beam and Jump. Those skills usually triggered by time trigger or HP trigger. One secret of GDN, if you can pull down his HP quickly, it will bypass the triggering of certain bosses`s skills. As example, Karahan`s Black Hole will be casted near 1x, but you can bypass the triggering of this skills by drop down his HP quickly near 1x, and he`ll cast other skill instead of fearsome Black Hole (refer to Run Video below, Stage 5). However, if your DPS slowed down or you drag the battle too long, he`ll use Black Hole immediately. This principle applied to whole nest.

5. Final Note:
This guide, is only applicable for Normal Mode one, for Hardcore mode, I would daresay at current cap (50 one) it`s almost impossible to bursting it down like normal one and to clear it, as all bosses in HC one has really friggin thick HP and almost all boss attack are OHKO already. This guide can be applied to HC one with remark that you should and must use the original survival method (geyser, statues, flowers) even at 60 cap.

I guess this is all I can share, since this post already long enough and for those TL;DR seeker, you can go straight to Point #4, feel free to add suggestion or asking question, I gonna try my best to respond/answer it, goodluck to fellow Dragon Raiders out there to conquer it. (:])

Posted Image

Edited by Esquevella, 15 July 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#2 Esquevella

Esquevella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6747 posts
  • Esquevella
  • DN, Westwood

Example of the run using Debuffing Method , will add note about each video later , for now I`ll just post it, PLEASE DO MIND THE MODS (Credits to FuNsiZed a.k.a Matt and Estellrin for the recording (clap) )

Extra head on : Those video was taken on my early GDN exploration party, so you can see at some videos we are still using statue and flower, for current condition we practically killing each boss under 40 secs mark but I cant record more run since I cannot do so, hopefully can update the vids somehow, oh and these videos only 3 people using FD (Crusader, Shooting Star and Moonlord, they has 600, 900, and 800 respectively), the rest are using raw damage user, we aint imba team anyway. (shame)

Stage 1&2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Note : Burst first spider quickly (less than 10 secs) using Blizzard and Spirit Boost, should be able to kill the #2 one with BT, but once again, I choose to back off for party safety. (tense)

Stage 5

Stage 6

Note

Edited by Esquevella, 14 March 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#3 Esquevella

Esquevella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6747 posts
  • Esquevella
  • DN, Westwood

Bonus Section :

In Depth Each Stage Walktrough (Including the Speed run tips)

1. Stage 1 : the 4 Bishops Brothers

Standard tactics :
Can follow FREEDOM`s guide one, lure one bishop, kill the minion, kill the bishop, repeat for 4 times.

Speed run tips :
Do take note that the bishops skills that remarkable are the laser orbs and time stop, combine them both and you`ll get your tank die in no time if you try to lure more than one bishop at once. However, you can let your priest stay with your tank and let other teammate kill the minions while your tank lure 2 or more bishops, just rotate Miracle Relic - Heal Relic - Heal - Cure Relic - Block to kept the priest and tank alive while tanking more bishops. Another tips, Aura of Healing + Saint`s Holy Shield casted at your tank will outdamage the laser orbs, instead it will heal your tank along with you, utilize it to keep the tank alive longer.

2. Stage 2 : Le Golem Morgon

Standard tactics :
As stated in guide above, standard bursting DPS tech, kill him less than 40 secs mark. Do take note that Poison status and Poison Bind from Morgon are very deadly, if you got poisoned is roughly 3-4k damage will be dealt each secs, poison bind also negate you from moving. To prevent this make sure Cure Relic always present in field, I as Saint personally suggest fellow priest in GDN raid party to use CD plate for Cure Relic. If you somehow burst DPS him and he left like 0.5x or near that, he`ll begin using the 3 stomp attack and jumping stomp that proven to be deadly for non Cleric class, just ensure your merc spam Havoc Howl and Taunting Howl to reduce the damage for this whole stage

Speed run tips :
You have choice to use BT now for quick killing, and then waste few mins to wait BT`s CD for Kraken stage, or dont use BT at all saving for speed run kill at Kraken next stage. My usual routine to save time here is using SB instead of BT for speed buff, start do burst damage at 2x under SB buff, which usually after SB done boss already dying or left with 0.5x HP. Other stuffs like MR are still used here since you cannot compromise safety here (can skip MR at stage 2 if your DPS is fast enough to bring him down).

3. Stage 3 : Kraken the Tako Boss!

Standard tactics :
Kraken actually has longest free-to-attack period before first curse beam. Most team usually enter inside and quickly disperse to hide behind statues, which is not really good idea since you waste around 30-35 secs of free attack time while got 80% death rate if your teammate cannot dodge poison line and stomping kraken properly, well, not really free attack time since you gonna be bombarded with Poison Line and maybe some Stomp attack during that. Try to do DPS when you are entering the stage, like, 7 man already stand by in front of Kraken`s place while last 1 man entering the stages (For those who didn't know, you can actually let one man stay at entrance and rest teammate go inside the battle stages without having the boss summoned, the boss will be summoned when that man who stay in the entrance previously entering the stage, this principle applied to stages 2 - 5). Do the DPS at this stage from the start of the battle (8 man go crazy in front of Kraken under BT + MR + Bursting DPS), you got around 40 secs to bring him down before he cast first curse beam, just dont think about retreating or you gonna end up like me in video above.

Extra note, merc play important part in this stage for their Howl Charge. Keeping SA buff at party during the bursting DPS period is crucial to prevent you being blown off if Kraken suddenly howling. Under SA buff you wont get blown away and can save time rather than running back to front to DPS again

Speed run tips :
If you following the speed run tips so far, you`ll be left with BT ready for this stage but MR under CD state (about halfway), in short, you`ll be able to use BT here but not MR, and going in bursting DPS without MR at this stage is dangerous due to Poison Line will hit you all freely. Bias tips from me as Saint to overcome stage 3 without rely on MR, Holy Shield + Aura of Healing will protect you from Poison Line if you have enough magic attack, I guess if your Saint have full buffed magic attack around 12k, combining with Aura of Healing and Holy Shield, the poison line will not harming you at all.Use this advantage from Saint (me being biased again) you can let MR being used at stage 2 and pass thru stage 3 without using MR. If you bringing Inquisitor instead, try to heal your party as much as you can to compensate MR-less run.

4. Stage 4 : Twin Spider Queen.

Standard tactics :
You got around 35 secs to kill both spider before the bug swarm started to flood. Boss`s remarkable skills are Rolling Attack, Stomp and Bee Swarm from Bee nest scattered around the field. Main strategy here is not to separate partymate into 2 (one peep lure one spider and rest are hitting the other), but to gather from the start and hit each spider together, approximately you have 15 sec for each spider. Pretty standard tactics here is hit first spider under SB and 2nd Spider using BT. Just be aware to scram off from spiders when they die since they gonna self destruct at reaaaally end of their HP. Safe tactics if you cannot kill both in before bug swarm coming, just kill one spider, wait for one bug swarm, then kill other as showed in my example run video above. (:])

Speed run tips :
Following previous speed run tips, MR will be ready to be used in this stage, but BT will stay at CD state until at least end of this stage. Using MR at this stage will be a waste since next stage will need MR more than this one, I suggest the priest to keep MR for this turn and focus on healing instead (cast Heal Relic at spider #2 when teammate begin to engage him, if possible, since usually spider #1 will be killed in no time and spider #2 will use Rolling attack/Stomp to approach team which will be really deadly). Speed run tactics is pretty same,except at this stage, you only utilizing SB only. Use Elestra`s Blizzard Storm to put spider #1 under solid 2 layer ice for 10 secs (2x damage for 10 sec), which you must spam skills and usually will kill the spider #1 in no time. For spider #2, just use SB to engage him and finish off this stage below 35 secs time mark.

5. Stage 5 : Gaylahan.

No different tactics for both speed run and normal strategy one as you really need to quick kill this overpowered sorcerer quickly before devastating Black Hole casted at 1x, since most death are caused by this skill. For both Normal and Speed run, your main killing skills should be ready to be used all in this stage (BT,MR,SB etc) so no need to hold back.

Basically, 4x till 3x HP is free kill, the skills he casted wont harm you much, so you can do casual run here and save big skills for 3x HP below. Always remember that in this stage, freeze and burn status are both deadly, burn damage hurt you real bad for roughly 7-9k each sec, while frozen status render you unable to move and vulnerable for 2x damage from Kalahan too. Keep cure relic all the time is important to save your butt all the times.

After he casted first deadly skill at 3x, you can go all out engaging him with burst DPS and make his HP go below 1x quickly to bypass/delay Black Hole skills. You can experiment when the best time to start DPS, whether it`s right after the flower hide, or at other HP bar, me personally suggesting to do burst at 2x HP. The standard method still applied, spam Debuff skills - put 2 layer of ice - MR - BT - all go spam skills to bring down his HP quickly.

Another reminder, do not use SA buff below 3x bar, in case you failed to bypass Black Hole, you`ll still have chance to survive Black Hole since SA negate blasting effect before he cast Black Hole (in short, you`ll keep stay put near him due to SA buff and eat Black Hole directly), and you wont have chance to avoid Black Hole.

Kalahan`s remarkable skills :
  • Fire Bird : Homing effect, and clear all buffs. Be sure to rebuff yourself or your team if you somehow got hit by this skills, very dangerous if HL cancelled. (mad)
  • Flame Road : Uber high damage followed by burn damage. Usage of Holy Shield can change this skill into Heal Road instead. (lol)
  • Choking Slam : You got around 8-9 s choke time before he slamming the poor victim into the floor, need 200k HP ++ to survive, cancelling buff while choked. This skills is double edged sword, you can cancel this skill instantly by Detonate (suggesting to fellow priest to keep Kalahan electrocuted all the times and save Detonate for Choking part) or you got free 10 s attack period risking your choked teammate life, your call. (:>)
  • Gigantic Ice Wall : Below 1x, he`ll fly up and summon gigantic ice wall across field that freezing player upon intact, very dangerous, keep running to avoid this skill. Cure Relic save the day again! (P.S : Just found out Holy Shield + Elemental Aura can prevent damage from this skill)
  • Fire Tornado : He summon lot of Fire Tornado around him. High burn damage and drop your HP quickly. Stay close (below him, since he float up when cast this skill) or very far away from him to avoid it.
  • Black Hole : Le infamous black hole, he`ll blast player out and begin summon slow 4 black holes that travel to different direction, suction effect and uber high damage and clear all buffs to so survival kit wont help you for this nasty skill.
Paladin`s elemental aura works well helping you to stand most fire/ice attack from Kalahan, just saying. (;])

Semi Conclusion :

Key to doing speed run here is how you can rotate crucial skills (BT and MR) through stage 1-5 well. Most run I know waiting for BT`s CD, which dragged the battle longer. Also using geyser, statues or flower also make the run longer. If you following the speed run tips above, the time count till end of Kalahan stage will be around 7-8 mins (most time will be taken at Bishop stage and Kalahan, and perhaps looting time), so you have like 12 mins for dragon stage to get Overcoming Limits title. Well, will add tips and trick in dragon stage later.

Stage 6 : Dragon Stage

Actually, not much to be added here since 95% Freedom`s guide already cover the whole stages, but I`ll just add several point and unorthodox methods here.
  • Phase 1 - Phase 2, not much to explain, just watch out for skills sequence after first meteor roar, since he gonna repeat the skills sequence, like if he casting Poison Breath - Fire Breath - Ice Claw - Normal Claw then Meteor Roar, he`ll likely to repeat that order after Meteor Roar is casted. FU and Priest, beware for not placing Relics and Mirror when you are attacking him during Meteor Roar (you run into the opening and whack him off), since most case the mirror and the relics will blocking the way when everyone done whacking and try to run back to original position and the dragon use any attack to the blocked person, resulting mass death.
  • At end of chamber 2, after kill all mobs there, order everyone to gather up and use HL and Holy Shield. Buffs are not cleared when you are moving into phase 3, and the dragon tend to doing ground smash when phase 3 begin, which mostly will kill paper class if they are not jumping in time, also to prevent death from Claw (he tend to Claw upfront when team are running to right hind leg). HL will prevent death from any situation above, and the priest will have time to heal the wounded after you reach the DPS spot (right behind leg).
  • During 15x-10x HP, most team will have difficulty dealing with 3 tail swipe. If you stand and DPS at the correct spot (the right hind legs), usually the tail that will hit you is the third swipe, try to use the tumble/blink/iframe at the third tail swipe to avoid it, if you cant do it, keep HL on during 15x-10x HP, since I observe the tail swipe will be lest casted below 10x. Another option is to take out his HP as fast as you can, you can try doing DPS under MR-BT after you first reach his right hind leg, as showed in my example video run above (debuff rule still applied), should be able to take out 4 or 5 bar instantly. Beware of Red Tail and White Tail if you drop his HP quickly though.
  • Do not blindly attack even though you have great DPS. If you are attacking without pay proper attention to surrounding, you`ll get killed. Easiest example : keep attacking and not pay attention to his front leg movement, resulting death by stomp/get vined. Always pay attention to his tail colour and his front leg. You see his tail changing colour, react for it (white = overlap, red = run to back), and his front leg, if the dragon gonna do stomp, quickly jump when his leg about to hit ground, do not expect other will save you. Dragon stage is still every man for himself stage.
  • Regarding the 4 pillars activation, I highly recommend you to skip the pillars on the left, and keep stick to right side of dragon all the time. The reason why I suggest this, left side of the dragon (if you doing it like FREEDOM did) is too narrow and blocking sight somehow. Most death I ever experienced at early exploration run is caused by hit by Flame Tornado or get vined, since it`s hard to see the tail colour and his front leg movement in the left side. Stick to the right sides all the time give better views and larger area to run around.
  • "WTF how I gonna survive poison breath AOE if I skipping the left pillars!??", this common question have pretty simple answer : keep running forward. The poison AOE breath (Pillars triggered one) actually not full field AOE, it has certain spot where the breath wont hit that place. The spot is the right corner of the map, same spot when you avoid Dragon`s Gigantic Fireball attack. If you got notification about pillar activation, just use Cure Relic to cure the slow debuff then wax/SB your way to right corner front together with your team to avoid the poison AOE, stay within that spot until the poison on field is gone.
  • Below 10x HP, the dragon occasionally will summon mobs in the field. In that case, try to ignore the mobs and focus on dragon`s movement. Most case people get distracted and will attack the mobs instead observe dragon`s movement, common death case : dragon using Gigantic Fireball while people busy attacking the mobs, and since they aint pay attention to the movement, they got wipeout-ed. Proper moves againts em, is disable the mobs (Freeze, Time Stop, Bind Relic) then pan your view to dragon, only clear the mobs if the situation is safe already.
  • Another skill that dragon will frequently casted below 5x, is the twin minotaurs. I wont discuss about how to kill or else. My point here is sometimes other minotaur will distracting you in form of slow you down with roar, or knocking you out from the protection circle, resulting in death. In that case, assign people to disable the other minotaur while teammates kill the correct one (Time Stop, Bind Relic, Freeze will do). Another note, the dragon will use Stomp Dive attack when he done with AOE element breath, so prepared to jump when he land (or use HL as precautions). After he land, quickly move back to the sides beside/to DPS position, since he tend to use frontal Poison Breath that will kill you instantly if you still stay infront/near his head.
  • If you reaching 5x HP, shift your DPS spot to near belly area, since below 5x there are no more tail colour activated, and the only skills he casted will be Twin Minotaur, Frontal Poison Breath, Scarab Swarm, Wooden Meteor (the tree`s bark thingy that fall from the wall side) and sometimes Vine Stomp.
  • Notable skills below 5x is the infamous Scarab Swarm and Wooden Meteor. Doing DPS near belly area will help you stopped the dragon doing scarab swarm. When you see him flap his wing repeatedly (very obvious animation actually), shift your DPS to his head and broke his SA. Once his SA broken, you got around 10-15s of free attacking time. However, if you failed to do so, he`ll fly up and summon swarming scarab that will chase and kill. I`m not sure whether HL works to prevent death from this attack, but in case you trigger it, try to run around and not bumping to other members, Block works against it.
  • Wooden Meteor casted when the Dragon roaring and your screen got blur, then suddenly a tree fall from sides, aim random people and deadly if got hit. Always avoid wall when you see roar coming (blink/tumble/dash off from wall). Preparing HL below 5x HP also good idea to do.
Adding speed run tips at Dragon Stage from GraySea :

View PostGraySea, on 20 March 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

You can speedrun at Dragon Stage either, I'm not sure if most people do this:

When you break the pillar, see  at which point you will receive the Poison buff and go all the way to the front without hestitation. If you want to be cautious, have 1 or 2 slow classes at the back (Tree root on left, or the protruding point of the cliff on right) and have them give signal of which colour the dragon is doing. Safe point of Dragon casting Ice Wall is a bit before first pillar, so you don't go too back.

Those time you stand on the side waiting for the Dragon to cast skill is perfect chance to DPS.

If Ice comes first, the dragon might follow with Wind or Fire, which you can ignore all the way and just go DPS mode. If Ice doesn't come first, be aware and DPS carefully. Remember FLY = good.

If you do this, there's a good chance everytime you go back to Dragon's landing, he will automatically cast Pillar. (which saves you effort from noticing what the Dragon is doing at the front)

There's several points that you can go full on burst mode as well.

There's a spot when Dragon casting Fire Ball and you can take lesser damage (I still forgot to ask my teammate...)
There's a safe spot to hide when Dragon finished casting Mino and jumps down (where you have to jump to dodge). This you have to stick to the wall, in front of 3rd pillar
There's an absolutely bad spot during Ice Magical Eye, which is behind Dragon's left hind leg.

Okay, I think that`s all I could share for Dragon stage tho, will add more if I able to do some experiment run on Dragon stage again. (shame)

Edited by Esquevella, 21 March 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#4 Jackmasta

Jackmasta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Clantutan?

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

looking forward to this guide.
On an unrelated note, nice pic sir. i like your pic.

#5 cuddle44

cuddle44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts
  • Cuddle
  • DN, Springwood
  • Yumeiro

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

O great bella (clap)

#6 ShaunShaunShaun3

ShaunShaunShaun3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9196 posts
  • KuroKenji (Moonlord)
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

reserved for when completed (:D)

Edited by ShaunShaunShaun3, 22 February 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#7 Purplicious

Purplicious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4596 posts
  • Glaciare
  • DN, Westwood
  • Piglet

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

reserved for my dearest bella

#8 TimeBeyond

TimeBeyond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • TimeBeyond
  • DN, Westwood
  • Regolith

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

lol.

Edited by TimeBeyond, 22 February 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#9 Grimmjoww

Grimmjoww

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

can't wait (hat)

#10 TetsuoRyuu

TetsuoRyuu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5701 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Just a suggestion for Karahan human form, I highly suggest do not over DPS it before the first flower opens, usually he will only cast blue or red for first flower, but if you over DPS it, the skill color might change to green or purple.

Happened once in our run, green flower opened, no mana to burst kill him from x3. (:D)

#11 Esquevella

Esquevella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6747 posts
  • Esquevella
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Will continue editing tonight, please point on skills coefficient/effect or anything, will take it as feedback. @___@

#12 TetsuoRyuu

TetsuoRyuu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5701 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Can also add Cocktail buff too I guess for Alchemists. (:])

#13 fourrier

fourrier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6194 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostTetsuoRyuu, on 22 February 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Just a suggestion for Karahan human form, I highly suggest do not over DPS it before the first flower opens, usually he will only cast blue or red for first flower, but if you over DPS it, the skill color might change to green or purple.

Happened once in our run, green flower opened, no mana to burst kill him from x3. br=
Given that he doesn't start the annihilation attack early, our static group managed to get his HP down just right below 1x. After the annihilation attack, it's usually easy way to kill him fast.

#14 TetsuoRyuu

TetsuoRyuu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5701 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postfourrier, on 22 February 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Given that he doesn't start the annihilation attack early, our static group managed to get his HP down just right below 1x. After the annihilation attack, it's usually easy way to kill him fast.
Then most likely he'll cast Blackhole / Tornado too after the special attack, which is.... (tense)

Don't know for sure, but still I'm guessing that your DPS are above average that's why you can bring it down to below 1x before the first flower.

#15 fourrier

fourrier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6194 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostTetsuoRyuu, on 22 February 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Then most likely he'll cast Blackhole / Tornado too after the special attack, which is.... (tense)

Don't know for sure, but still I'm guessing that your DPS are above average that's why you can bring it down to below 1x before the first flower.
Sometimes it's 2x, sometimes it's 1x.
But it's better if it happens right we drain his hp at 1x hp, so we can move away ready for both black hole and annihilation attack.

Our zerg team skills consist of:
Buff:
- Barb's BH (+1.5k)
- Saint/Inqui's  Striking (+12% atk)

Damage Amp:
- Full ice stacking (not sure how to achieve it, I don't play Elestra) for doubling the damage
- Provoking Slam (+40%)

Def debuff:
- Iron Wall II (-30% pdef). Not sure whether ppl use Tent as well
- BCM (-15% def)

Speed buff:
- SB (14 secs)
- Followed by BT (12 secs)

Edited by fourrier, 22 February 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#16 Ethrill

Ethrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2731 posts
  • Skybrink
  • DN, Westwood
  • Artalya

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Err, merc is essential i think bella. Imagine dpsers/healers got blown away, and had to run back to the battle field ._.

Or worse, survivability skills get cancelled (:[)

I see you added abit of humor in this guide (:>) (:>) (:>) (:>) (:>)

Edited by Ethrill, 22 February 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#17 fourrier

fourrier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6194 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I have to say wax is important on Dragon phase 1,2, and 3. Because you might go back and forth quickly.
SB can help, but the level of spammability (is that even a word) is still less than wax.

#18 Esquevella

Esquevella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6747 posts
  • Esquevella
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

View Postfourrier, on 22 February 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

I have to say wax is important on Dragon phase 1,2, and 3. Because you might go back and forth quickly.
SB can help, but the level of spammability (is that even a word) is still less than wax.

Ya, running one, but tabbing weapon and position yourself well can replace wax, essential but replaceable for me, IMO. :x

#19 kirinfang

kirinfang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3161 posts
  • Fangless
  • DN, Greenwood
  • League of Legaia

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

either I missed it or your forgot armour break bella, 36% patk damage increase at max level, surely a high increase for patk based team

#20 TetsuoRyuu

TetsuoRyuu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5701 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Bull's Eye for Bowmaster class bella. (:])