[Guide]Beckoning The Tormented Souls From Beyond: A Pve Soul Eater Guide (Updating)

• Please log in to reply
1810 replies to this topic

#41 TimeFox

TimeFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1212 posts
  • Chevy
  • DN, Springwood
  • PulseL'cie

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostTetsuoRyuu, on 08 April 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Eh? Curse status increases partymate's damage too? Or I got it wrong? (shame)

------

BTW TimeFox, any update regarding the test of Puppet?
Curse doesn't increase party's damage but it adds to the overall party damage but not that much 'cause curse damage is pure and is unaffected by other debuffs.

You have to be more specific on which aspect of the puppet. (shame)  So far, the puppet works perfectly fine as it should be. Not much strings attached. But I do have something to add something on it on my description.

Edited by TimeFox, 08 April 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#42 Poseidon354

Poseidon354

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Meyaj, DarkMeyaj
  • DN, Springwood
  • Looking ATM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

Any idea on the damage of Resent Area with skill ring (lvl 5+1)? Kinda considering it for my PVE build...

#43 nearvania

nearvania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

@TImeFox - First of all thank you very much for this guide. It really gives me a lot of ideas on how to build my soul eater. By the way, do you think even though this build is for PVE only, does it also good at using on PVP? I'm just curious, Honestly I'm a type of player that likes to do both PVE/PVP.

ALSO, I'm thinking of using 2 skill rings with Crit and Dark atk but i dont know what specific skill I need to be used by that. Any suggestion?

Edited by nearvania, 09 April 2013 - 05:28 AM.

#44 Poseidon354

Poseidon354

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Meyaj, DarkMeyaj
  • DN, Springwood
  • Looking ATM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

Are tough rose red acce still available in colo pouches?

#45 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10922 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostPoseidon354, on 09 April 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

Are tough rose red acce still available in colo pouches?

very rare... no one's getting it anymore since its already under goddess medals...

#46 Astraea

Astraea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Mahrokh
  • DN, Springwood
  • Artes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Hello! First of all, nice guide! Very detailed and informative, especially to newbies like me. XD

I have a few questions though. I'm a newbie player, as in I only have 1 max level character and it's my Soul Eater. My brother's funding my level 50 Epic set (big thanks to him) but he also doesn't have any idea how to build MATK-based characters. What suffixes and accessories do you recommend? My brother told me that if I focus on Intellect/MATK, I won't reach the crit cap. But, he told me that if I attempted to reach the crit cap, I would have relatively low MATK by then.

So... should I focus on getting Wind suffixes and try to reach the crit cap, or should I just stick to pure Intellect? I already have Magic Power for my Fan and Intellect for my Charm.

Thank you very much!

#47 acebeam07

acebeam07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • SpellCat
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Demented

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for posting this. Although having some confusion on whether maxing cling snake or stigma of curse. (oo;) Please do post balance PVP/PVE skill builds. (:D)

#48 TimeFox

TimeFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1212 posts
  • Chevy
  • DN, Springwood
  • PulseL'cie

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Edit: changed the title name. (joe)

#49 Coricoponu

Coricoponu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Vixien, Cierrafyie
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Relinquish

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hello, im confused on which accessory should I use for my screamer.
IF:
1. Rev. apoc set
2. Twilight years manti (dark attack!! XD)
3. rev apoc/twilight years combined with skill accessories

#50 Vanilluxe

Vanilluxe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

It's amusing how curse is stronger than burn damage. (:>)  I have a question with Spectre of Pain. According to Aikawakazu's guide, spectre of pain gives curse debuff but afaiik it only inflicts a diffferent type of curse the one that you have to stack 3 times which will cover the 100% additional damage. Any comments on this?

Edited by Vanilluxe, 10 April 2013 - 08:56 AM.

#51 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10922 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostCoricoponu, on 09 April 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

IF:
1. Rev. apoc set

tough + skill/ brilliant is the good option if you cant afford the expensive U and L rings... manti is lame, 2x tough gives more... apoc if yer going full FD...

#52 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10922 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostVanilluxe, on 10 April 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

It's amusing how curse is stronger than burn damage. (:>)  I have a question with Spectre of Pain. According to Aikawakazu's guide, spectre of pain gives curse debuff but afaiik it only inflicts a diffferent type of curse the one that you have to stack 3 times which will cover the 100% additional damage. Any comments on this?

spectre of pain induces a different curse, its coefficient rises when the target is hit up to 3 times since it will do an additional hit after it has been hit thrice... the spirit curse last for 15 sec so frankly you have to use this after cd on the same target for 3 times...

TimeFox will try to see if there is more to this spirit curse thing...  but not all skills have a curse debuff, like cling snake, dragon's soul, and spirit scream...

Edited by Vaahneon, 11 April 2013 - 12:13 AM.

#53 zizi393

zizi393

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • MxTokAn
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Ascendance

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

i would like to add a point, vs a dark resist mobs, puppet is more effective to be used rather than attacking the mob. im not sure bout spirit paper, i tot with branded it produce 8 birds...coz i think i managed a 15 hits from bird.

another point is losing aggro in pve does not have effect on curse. coz in pve curse happen every 2s if not mistaken, unlike pvp where curse only applies if a skill/attack is cast.

ps : i might be wrong but its what ive experienced from my soul eater

#54 Saudade

Saudade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2131 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

I've decided to change my blade dancer to soul eater,

blade dancer is becoming mainstream :( hate mainstream

#55 TimeFox

TimeFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1212 posts
  • Chevy
  • DN, Springwood
  • PulseL'cie

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostPoseidon354, on 09 April 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

Any idea on the damage of Resent Area with skill ring (lvl 5+1)? Kinda considering it for my PVE build...

Sorry, no idea. I deem resent area to be inefficient as source of dps.

View Postnearvania, on 09 April 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

@TImeFox - First of all thank you very much for this guide. It really gives me a lot of ideas on how to build my soul eater. By the way, do you think even though this build is for PVE only, does it also good at using on PVP? I'm just curious, Honestly I'm a type of player that likes to do both PVE/PVP.

ALSO, I'm thinking of using 2 skill rings with Crit and Dark atk but i dont know what specific skill I need to be used by that. Any suggestion?

In my case, I get by just fine doing pvp using this build (ladder that is). For better pvp-ing you should opt to get Spirit Blow as its utility is very much useful.

Best skill rings to get are Rampage Claw/Spectre of Pain and Summon Puppet.

Thanks for your support! (:])

View PostAstraea, on 09 April 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

Hello! First of all, nice guide! Very detailed and informative, especially to newbies like me. XD

I have a few questions though. I'm a newbie player, as in I only have 1 max level character and it's my Soul Eater. My brother's funding my level 50 Epic set (big thanks to him) but he also doesn't have any idea how to build MATK-based characters. What suffixes and accessories do you recommend? My brother told me that if I focus on Intellect/MATK, I won't reach the crit cap. But, he told me that if I attempted to reach the crit cap, I would have relatively low MATK by then.

So... should I focus on getting Wind suffixes and try to reach the crit cap, or should I just stick to pure Intellect? I already have Magic Power for my Fan and Intellect for my Charm.

Thank you very much!

I suggest you stick to Pure Intellect with Will on your gloves. But if you're really worried about your crit, you may opt to change some parts to Wind. Imo, you don't have to reach the crit cap  full blast as you can achieve it when you have Mercenary / Archer classes in your party. Not to mention our Soul Scream's debuff helps with that too.
Weapons are fine. But it is still recommended to wield dual Intellect as we are an elemental class. (:])

Thanks for taking the time to read this guide. (up)

View PostCoricoponu, on 09 April 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

IF:
1. Rev. apoc set

If you're using 5 parts immo and  2 victor weapons sporting a lvl 50 premium FD plate and is low on budget and unable to enter Raids, I suggest using any apoc necklace and earring combo-ed with skill accessories having crit and dark attack stats.

Twilight Years set is also fine but the downside is it holds low stats.

View PostVanilluxe, on 10 April 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

I have a question with Spectre of Pain. According to Aikawakazu's guide, spectre of pain gives curse debuff but afaiik it only inflicts a diffferent type of curse the one that you have to stack 3 times which will cover the 100% additional damage. Any comments on this?

Tried and tested. Spectre of Pain's ghost curse is different from the normal curse debuff from Spirit Paper, Soul Gate, and Beast Spirit. Its debuff does not reduce hp. it only affects the AoE explosion on the 3rd stack of the said debuff.

Edited by TimeFox, 10 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#56 TimeFox

TimeFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1212 posts
  • Chevy
  • DN, Springwood
  • PulseL'cie

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

View Postzizi393, on 10 April 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

i would like to add a point, vs a dark resist mobs, puppet is more effective to be used rather than attacking the mob. im not sure bout spirit paper, i tot with branded it produce 8 birds...coz i think i managed a 15 hits from bird.

Eight birds are only achieved when there are 2 branded targets around which requires you to get stigma lvl6. As the number of branded targets is equal to the number of added bird-shaped curses.

another point is losing aggro in pve does not have effect on curse. coz in pve curse happen every 2s if not mistaken, unlike pvp where curse only applies if a skill/attack is cast.

I don't think so. But I'll test it again tomorrow. Just for validation. Thanks for sharing! (:])

ps : i might be wrong but its what ive experienced from my soul eater

Sorry for the late replies. (shame)

#57 TimeFox

TimeFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1212 posts
  • Chevy
  • DN, Springwood
  • PulseL'cie

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Update: Added skill accessories and Soul Eater Base Stat for 50 cap

#58 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3819 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hello guys. just wanna ask, what's the biggest damage tick of your curses so far?
Since I have a SE, I don't plan on stacking FD (just minimal for optimum), and I only plan only to stack lots and lots of MATK.

Edited by rikolero, 10 April 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#59 LouiseBoom

LouiseBoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2275 posts
  • LouiseBoom
  • DN, Greenwood
  • ★Ascendance★

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

View Postrikolero, on 10 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Hello guys. just wanna ask, what's the biggest damage tick of your curses so far?
Since I have a SE, I don't plan on stacking FD (just minimal for optimum), and I only plan only to stack lots and lots of MATK.

why not Dark atk, since like 90% of Soul eater skills is Dark element (:>)

#60 TimeFox

TimeFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1212 posts
  • Chevy
  • DN, Springwood
  • PulseL'cie

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

View Postrikolero, on 10 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

The damage of curse ranges from the median of your magic attack or the middle ground between your minimum magic attack and your maximum magic attack.

There's no problem with stacking magic attack as we are magic users but as Louise said, it's much more advisable to stick with dark attack as curse is only a residual damage and is largely affected by enemy behavior.

Edited by TimeFox, 11 April 2013 - 09:56 PM.