• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Blitzl3eat
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GRAVITY

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Posted Image

SOUL EATER

The Soul Eater summons spirits to aid her in long ranged combo attacks. Her ability to strengthen her allies’ attacks by placing curses and status ailment on her enemies makes her a valuable party support member!

Things to Note:

Curse:

Skills that inflicts curse: Paper Spirit, Soul Gate, Beast Spirit

Targets HP is reduced whenever they attack

Delay:

​Skills that inflicts delay/slow: Ghost Scream, Cling Snake, Dragons Soul

Slows the enemy but targets speed recovers gradually

Imprint/Branded:

Skill that inflicts imprint/branded status: stigma of curse

=============================================================================

= KALI SKILL TREE =

Soul Wind (lvl1) - Only good in early levels. not worth investing points into - This skill is good for breaking objects since this got a fair SA break.

Sting Breeze (lvl1) - An early level skill. Not worth investing points in later levels. Leave this at the minimum.

Soul Kiss (lvl1) - If the enemy is downed and you have no other skills ready. Drain their soul out - with a cute sound . (horn)

Despair Needle (lvl1) -Darkness Needle should i say (good for pinning downed enemies) - i personally got this to level 1.
Get this if you are going pure pvp build - as this traps enemies for a certain period of time. (pen)

Fancy Turn (lvl1)- This is a physical based skill - leave this at 1. ( i personally don't use this skill - trying to save up my skill slots for more important skills.)

Negative Ghost (lvl6) -This skill is only good for pve - i left this at lvl 6 - makes the enemy ignore you. - good for pesky monsters that interrupts your skill casting - note: it's effect is not implemented on normal and ladder pvp

Ghost Kick (lvl1) - I usually use this after executing phantom rage - i got this for evasion purposes. (to cover that extra mile instead of dashing - if it's on cool-down)

Turning Step (lvl5) - Max this skill for evasion purposes .

Puppet Soul (lvl5) -This skill works like urgency trick. The only difference is that it leaves a talisman that eventually explodes. - i got this for evasion purposes. - guess you have to max this out for it's cool down.

Phantom Guard (lvl4) -This increases super armor by 200 and reduces mana consumption by 20% - 16% of damage will be depleted on your mana. - a great buff for a party or nest raid. max this skill out.

Spirit of Genie - Increase major stats = Int, Agi, Str, Vit by 80% in a duration of  7.5 seconds. - stat increase anyone? - max this out. nuff said (cool)

==============================================================================

= SCREAMER SKILL TREE =

Here are the skills that you should take note of and below is my own preference to help us soul eaters dish out damage.

Phantom Claw - This is your good source of DPS as a soul eater. I personally took lvl 11 at first then decided to leave this at lvl 1 after doing some tests. it's up to you if you want to max it.

Chain Claw - This skill launches enemies to the air - a long range magma punch if you are to compare this with the alchemists. you can also use this after using any a claw attack and then right click on your mouse. that is if you want to save skill slots.

Phantom's Rage - Our own version of moon blade dance. This skill has iframe (haven't checked as to how many seconds but it has iframe.) i got this to lvl 6.

Rampage Claw- This skill is perfect for pvp. i personally got this to lvl 7. 50% stun chance is just too tempting. our most reliable source of dps.

Increase Soul- Please leave this at 0 because it drains our hp and we don't have the dark summoners skill that leeches Hp. so for us this is suicide and when i say suicide this is fatal. it drains twice as much hp in pvp. (this is crazy without sadism pleasure - but if you want to craft both weapons to HP then feel free (;]))

Stigma of Curse - I personally got this to level 6 as it shoots 2 papers and it has a knockback effect. A must have for a pvp fanatic. Your enemy doesn't want to be branded. The reason is found below. (horn)

Summon Puppet - This is the skill that your enemies hate. max this for evil purposes. In PVP a lot of people will hate you for this.. and in PVE teammates will love you for this skill. What we do is just imprint or brand the target... then... everyone attacks the puppet. (horn)[/font]

Beast Spirit - This is one skill that is very hard to utilize in PVP at first i left this at 1 but then decided to take it to level 7. This is a de-buff as well and it does 50% damage per 2 secs. for 12 sec. - You just have to do the right combo to trap the enemy and make this hit.[/font]

Grudge Formation - this skill is our very own "consecration" it does damage - it does provide us super armor if the enemy attacks from the inside or within the barrier - but if the person attacking us is from the outside i.e; paladin - "Holy Relic" then we get interrupted. - i took this to lvl 5 - (this is optional)

Spirit Paper - i personally leveled this to 6 as an ex pre-requisite.- this is a skill that you often use in pvp. curse them with those paper birds. (horn) (most of my enemies die because of curse.)

====================================================================================

= Soul Eater Skill Tree =

Spectre of Pain - i got this to level 2. this skill does good damage once you land it and if you manage to hit the target 3 times then the spectre explodes and deals massive damage.[/font]

Soul Scream - Hear the Soul Eater ROAR! - this skill reduces the enemies critical resistance by 10% at level 1 and 12.5% at level 2 for 7.5 seconds - and our critical rate increases by 50% at level 1 and 52.5% at level 2.[/font]

Spirit Paper EX - Exploding paper birds - take this skill without thinking twice. (horn)[/font]

====================================================================================

I will be updating this in a few minutes with the skill build and description.

For my fellow Soul Eaters - Please stay tuned (;])

Edited by GodsGarb, 12 April 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#2 Domluxe

Domluxe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Aigoni
  • DN, Greenwood
  • DragonCore

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

thx for the Pros and Cons XD...ill be xpecting you...posting the skill build XDD .....im waiting XDD (:D)

#3 GodsGarb

GodsGarb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Blitzl3eat
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GRAVITY

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

updated a few minutes ago... - more updates to come

#4 xdotdot

xdotdot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts
  • xdotdotdot
  • DN, Springwood
  • LasNoches

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Increase soul adds more than just 9% (lv2), Having 5400 magic and turning it on gives me 6400 magic. Our skill description is wrong actually, it gives a 9%+469 (duowan) increase and it can be improved by your magic pots %.

The hp decrease can be easily offset by crafting a HP suffix main weapon.

Just fyi.

#5 _Hetia

_Hetia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Hetia
  • DN, Westwood
  • FirePhoenix

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

I find phantom claw hard to land and it doesn't really breaks any SA without it's EX version. On contrary, Chain claw has reduced CD at level 6 and 11 (I think) and it hits quite hard and it's instant.

This is what I've experienced, unsure if another else has the same.
Note: I think level 7 Rampage claw gives 60% Stun rate? It increases stun probability at level 6 and level 11.

Note2: For Phantom Rage, I believe it's only a short instance when you fly up to shoot those hands. I got hit down by a Merc's rolling attack and BM's Tracking before the 3rd hand is released. (Phantom Rage has 4 attacks total).

On another side note: Great guide you've posted up! =D

Edited by _Hetia, 11 April 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#6 GodsGarb

GodsGarb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Blitzl3eat
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GRAVITY

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

View Postxdotdot, on 10 April 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Increase soul adds more than just 9% (lv2), Having 5400 magic and turning it on gives me 6400 magic. Our skill description is wrong actually, it gives a 9%+469 (duowan) increase and it can be improved by your magic pots %.

The hp decrease can be easily offset by crafting a HP suffix main weapon.

Just fyi.

I've fought a lot of soul eaters already using the increased soul buff... and their hp depletes really quick.. this skill is only best for dark summoner and for pve purposes in my own opinion...

#7 GodsGarb

GodsGarb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Blitzl3eat
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GRAVITY

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

Guide updated for tonight (:>)  - more information to come

#8 GodsGarb

GodsGarb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Blitzl3eat
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GRAVITY

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

View Post_Hetia, on 11 April 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

I find phantom claw hard to land and it doesn't really breaks any SA without it's EX version. On contrary, Chain claw has reduced CD at level 6 and 11 (I think) and it hits quite hard and it's instant.

This is what I've experienced, unsure if another else has the same.
Note: I think level 7 Rampage claw gives 60% Stun rate? It increases stun probability at level 6 and level 11.

Note2: For Phantom Rage, I believe it's only a short instance when you fly up to shoot those hands. I got hit down by a Merc's rolling attack and BM's Tracking before the 3rd hand is released. (Phantom Rage has 4 attacks total).

On another side note: Great guide you've posted up! =D

Thanks for your comment (cool)  - (;])

#9 lEvocation

lEvocation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

nice guide (clap)