Nicole Chia

• 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Posted Image

Update as of 13 June 2013

Game Format

Posted Image

Stage 1 Format - (Branch Qualifiers)

Participants from each branches will go through a Group Stage Elimination Bracket wherein the Top 2 of each group will advance a Single Elimination Branch Championship brackets. The Champions of each branches will go move on to Stage 2.

TL:DR Version:

Group Stage -> Top 2 of each group advances to Championship Bracket

Championship Bracket = Single Elims -> Branch Champion will move on to the next stage.

Stage 2 Format - (Inter-Branch)
Posted Image

We've changed the inter-branch face-off to answer the request of the community of a random seed play-offs. This format features randomized matches instead of the former specific branch vs specific branch seeding.
The new format features a mini Class A and Class S system as the result of the latest GMPGL leg will have a bearing.
The Champion and the Runner-up of the last GMPGL Leg will automatically be seeded to the Inter-Branch Brackets. This means, The champion and the runner-up of the last leg won't have to join any of the recent leg's branch qualifiers.
The Inter-Branch Stage will be composed of the Eight (8) Branch champions plus the seeded teams. The 10 teams will be divided into 2 group wherein the reigning Champion will be on Group A while the Runner-Up will be placed on Group B. The branch champions will then be randomly placed on their respective group. Top 2 of each group will move on to the Round of 4.

TL:DR Version:

>8 Branch Champions + Last leg's Champion and Runner - Up

>2 Group of 5 wherein Last Leg's Champion will be on Group A and the runner up will be on Group B

>The other 8 teams will be randomly placed

> Top 2 of each group will move on to the Round of 4

Stage 3 Format - Round of 4

The round of 4 will follow this match-up in order to get the championship match:

Posted Image

Winners of each match will move on to the Grand Finals

Stage 4 Format - Grand Finals

The remaining 2 teams will face each other in a 1 Best-of-3 Championship match. The 2 teams will also receive a direct seed on the next GMPGL Dragon Nest Leg.

Prize Allocations

We also made the allocations of prizes to be more evenly spread. This time we've placed bigger prizes for each branch representatives.

Leg Qualifiers Prizes:

Leg Qualifier Champions: P3,000

Second Place : P1,000

Also as incentives for the seeded teams. They will AUTOMATICALLY get P4,000 each as a reward for their achievement. Meaning the more championship you get, the more prizes you'll be earning as this incentive system will give the Champion additional prize.

As for the Play-offs prizes, we've balanced things out for the prizes to give more teams share of the prize-pool.

Play-offs Prizes

Champion: P15,000

First Runner-Up: P8,000

2nd Runner-Up : P2,000

This format answered the community's request of a more balanced prize-pool allocation as well as the strong team's run for their championship.

FREEBIES FOR EARLY BIRDS!

Posted Image

We're giving out FREE GMPGL BALLERS (NEWEST DESIGNS) to the early bird teams that will join GMPGL Dragon Nest!

REGISTER HERE:

LUZON

VISAYAS

MINDANAO

This is the official thread for discussions on the GIGABYTE MINESKI Pro-Gaming League

You may use this thread to recruit and form up teams to take part in this league, discuss different strategies and tactics, or talk in general about the GMPGL!

#2 ChiefMarshall

ChiefMarshall

Nicole Chia

• 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Read up the recent interview of the past GMPGL winners: http://www.mineski.n...ros-have-spoken

#3 Valhadow

Valhadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4955 posts
  • Akuales/Akuayate
  • DN, Springwood
  • Vice-Guild Master of Phantasma

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

So much event in PH suddenly (oo)

#4 reywho

reywho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts
  • Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Arsonists

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

Yet so much little details. (oo) Way to go organizers. (clap)

#5 queenlisa

queenlisa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • SummerCat, Caitlin
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

why no VALENZUELA branch?! (mad)

#6 lPKlCaRoLski

lPKlCaRoLski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • llPILIPINA
  • DN, Springwood
  • Diamonds

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

When will this be? O___O   (oo;)

#7 Jien

Jien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Jien
  • DN, Westwood
  • Oblique

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostlPKlCaRoLski, on 08 May 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

When will this be? O___O   (oo;)

The tournament has been going on for more than a year already.. It's already on the second season.

The tournament is being done monthly with cash prizes (1st place 24 thousand pesos monthly) and points to be able to join the annual PGF tournament..

#8 groundrock012

groundrock012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

aww why there is no laguna branch ?? i hope there will be so that we in laguna can join the tournament ... :D

#9 MineskiNikko

MineskiNikko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

View Postqueenlisa, on 03 May 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

why no VALENZUELA branch?! (mad)
You can choose 4 branches in Metro Manila, Mineski Infinity - Morayta (Feu-Morayta), Mineski Infinity - Taft (beside Vito Cruz-Lrt 1 Station) Mineski Infinity - Las Pinas (In Front of University Of Perpetual Help Delta) Mineski Infinity - Dasmarinas ( Dasmarinas Cavite)

#10 Neonskies

Neonskies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cee7 / Meannsky
  • DN, Holywood
  • SOAR

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

45 mins ago they posted it in DN PH page, 6v6 KoF format. yesterday they posted 5v5. now my team is worried that we'll not be able to join because we don't have a kali player and we might just not continue to join =( MET posted changes 4 days before the tournament? I'm very disappointed.

#11 azkii_DN_WEST

azkii_DN_WEST

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • azkii / Zaragoth
  • DN, Springwood
  • Diamonds / JAPANDA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostNeonskies, on 15 May 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

45 mins ago they posted it in DN PH page, 6v6 KoF format. yesterday they posted 5v5. now my team is worried that we'll not be able to join because we don't have a kali player and we might just not continue to join =( MET posted changes 4 days before the tournament? I'm very disappointed.

where did they post that it will be 6v6 KOF?
because I tried checking the registration page and it still shows 5v5.. are you sure that what you saw was an official statement from MET? I wanna see..

#12 FezzElf

FezzElf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Dealova
  • DN, Greenwood
  • LikaBoss

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

(oo;) erkk..well~

#13 Arcie

Arcie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Cidel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • SkyStar

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

pre-CONGRATULATIONS for the winner. (clap)

Edited by Arcie, 02 June 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#14 DruiD

DruiD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

(:[) (:[) (:[) (:[) I hope the rating of the ladder weapon is just 1800 only
(no) (no) (no) (no) 2k its to far I cant ritch it...

#15 desofire

desofire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6132 posts
  • LemonCheek
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lacerta

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostValhadow, on 03 May 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

So much event in PH suddenly (oo)
Well, you see, lots of PH players, even under 18 years old, really aspire to become legitimate professional gamers. A gaming career is what these guys want, so they will scratch, claw, steal, dishonor, etc... [but hopefully not kill] since they really want it that bad. I mean, I also wanted a gaming career, but I don't want it that bad since I want something else. Which explains why CC is also catering to PH players for their need of competition.

Don't believe me about PH players being cash spenders? Well, I can't disagree with you. But what if I told you that last night, a friend of mine asked me to accompany him in buying CC, but he bought around 3-4 boxes [I dunno the exact sizes of the box, but they look like you can fit half a couch each] filled with 30k CC? And he literally spent all of that for himself. I didn't know how much it cost him, but I guess its worth a car.

Edited by desofire, 16 July 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#16 vvvgod

vvvgod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3015 posts
  • MoonlordPro
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • DNSEA

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

View Postdesofire, on 16 July 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Well, you see, lots of PH players, even under 18 years old, really aspire to become legitimate professional gamers. A gaming career is what these guys want, so they will scratch, claw, steal, dishonor, etc... [but hopefully not kill] since they really want it that bad. I mean, I also wanted a gaming career, but I don't want it that bad since I want something else. Which explains why CC is also catering to PH players for their need of competition.

Don't believe me about PH players being cash spenders? Well, I can't disagree with you. But what if I told you that last night, a friend of mine asked me to accompany him in buying CC, but he bought around 3-4 boxes [I dunno the exact sizes of the box, but they look like you can fit half a couch each] filled with 30k CC? And he literally spent all of that for himself. I didn't know how much it cost him, but I guess its worth a car.

View Postdesofire, on 16 July 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Who is your friend?