[Guide] Zeft's W. I. P. Sniper Level 93 Skill Build And Guide *updated 04/09/2016*

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#1 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Introduction
Posted Image
A short introduction of me. My name is Zeft and I have been playing DN since lvl 32 cap is released. Went hiatus at late 60 cap and I've decided to come back to DN at 80 cap after sorted out some IRL things. So here I am, updating my outdated Sniper guide.

Sniper's skills require positioning to be effective. Knowing when to use skills like Bull's Eye debuff, Cheating Point FD buff and Slyph's Aid Speed and Damage Buff is crucial to a Sniper.

Master the timing and positioning, master the class. Let's move on!

Skill Build

As of 93 cap with Awakening skills, Sniper's play style changed drastically again.

This will be a PvE skill build based on my play style. May not be the most optimized way to play a sniper, but it is how I like to play her.

Without further adieu~ Here is my skill PvE build.
Posted Image

Skill Choices and Logic

Archer Tree

No more Magic Arrow vsTwin Shot
This is because we need to level Piercing Shot to level 16 for its awakening skill
And remember to take our new skill Dash~

Bowmaster Tree

After the 93 cap Awakening update, Siege Stance EXi was removed and replace by Arrow Shower EXi thus changing our play style once again.

Max Charge Shot, Siege Stance and Arrow Shower. I chose to leave Aerial Chain Shot at 16 to spare some SP for other skills. They will be enhanced in Awakened Siege Stance (Aim) and they will have a [Siege Stance] tag in front of it when you lok at the skill details in the DPS meter.

Arrow Shower EXi is an instant where after you fake shot you can place a Arrow Shower Turret at ur current location. Needs practice to learn the positioning of the skill.

Siege Stance itself received a damage nerf from around 1k% board damage to 350% ish board damage.

Wind Shot's projectile no longer travels slowly but the aoe of the projectile is still very very small.  Thus only slightly improved the hit rate of this skill at longer range from 90 cap.

Arrow Barrage max level is now level 3.

Just level all Buffs and Bull's Eye to level 1
Ankle Shot is not worth maxing due to the low board damage in PVE, if u PvP max this shyt.

Sniper Tree

Max out Cheating Point for more duration and damge.

Take all the EX and Class Masteries.

Awakened Skills

Sniper have 2 new skill with the awakening patch.
1st is Sliding Shot where you leap slightly into the air and slide forward while releasing multiple arrows. The small leap has iframe.

2nd is Camoflouge where we become invisble. It reduces the aggro from mobs and speeds up Wind Shot Charging Animation.

There are 4 awakened skills. Siege Stance (Aim), Siege Stance(Accumulate), Piercing Shot and Tumble

Awakened Piercing Shot applies a bleed to your enemies for 60 sec. The bleed dmg is non-elemental and it cannot proc crit and crit break.

The last awakened skill is Awakened Tumble, now u can tumble further (:>)

Siege Stance itself received a damage nerf from around 1k% board damage to 350% ish board damage.

However with the Awakened Siege Stance (Accumulate), Siege Stance now activates almost immediately, left click fires at a much faster rate, and can be canceled by just using directional keys. You no longer need to tumble or space bar to cancel Siege Stance

Siege Stance left click generates 1 wind buuble per hit. Siege Stance reduces cooldown of Charge Shot for 1 sec and Arrow Shower for 2 sec per hit.

Siege Stance awakened skills will be now be abbreviated into Siege [insert skill name here]

Siege Charge Shot no longer have piercing and losses its EX aoe. However, now it fires 2 shots instead of 1

Siege Aerial Chain Shot is change into a back flip animation while releasing arrows to its sides and back

Siege Arrow Shower shots lesser arrows than the EX but shots at a much lower angle. Regular Arrow Shower 0.1 hit board damage + 0.9 land board damage. In the case of Siege Arrow Shower, it applies 0.1A hit + 0.9A hit instead and it fires 33 arrows.

Whether to use a LB or XB boils down to personal style and preference. Mine will be the LB
*Pro Tip! Courtesy of iDreamy*

View PostiDreamy, on 23 May 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

Regarding Crossbow vs Longbow, it's actually preferred for Snipers to use Longbow because of the added range. People might not know but Charged Shot EX actually increases it's range when using a Longbow. Twin Shot and Siege Stance range obviously increases when using a Longbow too.

Skill Heraldry Choices and Logic

Recommended Skill Heraldry Plates:
- There are more choices but these are the popular ones.

My choice of heraldry

Twin Shot DMG - PvP
Aerial Chain Shot DMG - PvE
Arrow Shower DMG - PvE
Charge Shot Animation Speed - PvE / PvP
Charge Shot DMG - PvE
Cheating Point CD Reduction -20% - PvE
Spin Kick Animation Speed 50% - PvP
-For really good melee snipers
Or delusional snipers who thinks they are acrobats (lol)
Ankle Shot DMG - PvE
Ankle Shot CD Reduction - PvP
Fake Shot CD Reduction - PvP
Critical Break DMG - PvE
*Pretty decent revamp to the skill plate*
adds 20% directly on the board dmg

Critical Break Post Revamp Test

I'm not sure this still applies to the current level 90 cap due to some complaints about this skill being bugged.

Some test on Crit Break and other skills.

Spoiler

Recommended Skill Accessories:

As for Skill Accessories, Lvl 90 Epic/Unique Skill Rings still provide better stats if you are stacking Element %

If you are going pure PATK, go for Lvl 90 Epic/Unique Skill Rings as Lvl 90 Jades provides HP as well as PATK.

Skills to get are Fake Shot and Cheating Point

For neck and earring get Lvl 90 Epic/Unique Skill Accessories

+1 Skill of my choice will be Charge Shot Earring if you dont plan to get a cash weapon. If not get Siege Stance earring. As for neckalce the Arow Shower Necklace

Gears

For new players:
Budget Build: Cauda armor and weapons then build into Nightmare weapons and Coma Armors

For returning players, if u already have +10 Asteroid Ranceia Set Gear, save your resources and farm Coma armors from Diadalos Nest and exchange Nightmare Weapon Sets from Nightmare Store NPC (Nightmare Star Points can be obtained in Starlight Garden)

High End Build: Kornu set for FD or +13 RDN L set for raw stats

Stat Heraldies

The core stat heralies are the same for most characters in DN. You should have:-
  • Destruction
  • Wind
  • Life Vitality
  • Healthy
  • Tent
  • Iron Wall
  • Last 2 slots can be any plate with 3rd stat PATK/Wind/Def/Magic Def or FD (:>)
To min-max your damage/survivability, you should stack either 3rd Vit/Hp/PATK on all your plates

Talismans

Lvl 90 Magic Grade

200% PATK, Wind
175% Health, Life
150% Tent, Iron wall
125% Bear, Int, Fatal or any 3rd stat Talismans

You can swap out with High Grade then upgrade them to Rare grade later on.

Dragon Jades

Using lvl 80 cap Gears
9 Wind Jades, 5 Life Vitality Jades, 4 Destruction Jades, 2 Hazard Skill Jades (For crit resist debuffing).

Our DPS comes from Crit Break thus I stress once again the importance of Crit Resist Debuffing.

Elemental Build. 1 Elemental Conversion Jade(ECJ) of your choice, 3 Element Enchancement Jades to complement your ECJ. Dark Element is preferred due to Tough Accessories.

Also, Fire/Ice Element % can be crafted on Skill Earring so if u cant afford Tough Accessories, go for Fire/Ice Element %

Using Level 90 cap gears

Use Lvl 90 Wind jades with Vit and HP for armors and Destruction with Agi for Weapons. Remember to enhance them to get more patk n agi out of the jades. They lack stats compare to lvl 80 HG jades.

Mercenary A.K.A. Hero

Argenta is a very strong hero if you can afford her. Alternatively you can get a Nerwin, she is pretty good too. For me it boils down to personal preferrence. If you cant afford one, farm a random rare grade hero in Wonderful Themepark. Actually u will be given a free one upon completing the quest. Tho they are not that stronk but they will suffice.

How to gear up?
If you would like to read on what to do to get em awesome loot and gear, click that shinny shinny button below. (:>)

Spoiler

Videos:

This is my first CMV I've made. Hope you guys enjoy this. (Brings back some sweet memories)
I may start making videos again, so stay tuned! or not :P

If you are interested in watching more Click Here > http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeftHuiSen

Conclusion
I hope I was able to help you guys out and till next time.

P.S. Please feel free to point out any errors, ask questions, give useful opinions as everyone can benefit from it. I will try my best to answer them~

I will end with a pose gesture from my sniper
Posted Image

Ain't she cute? (love)

Edited by huisen, 13 September 2016 - 07:56 PM.

#2 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

Change log

04/09/2016 - Updated with level 93 PvE Skill build.
12/06/2016 - Updated the skill build to reflect on the changes on Wind Shot, Fake Shot and Siege Stance
20/05/2016 - Added How to Gear Up section, Updated Accessories section
17/05/2016 - Updated to level 90 cap.
10/10/2015 - Updated to currently level cap.
24/10/2013 - Added a variation to the PvE skill build, Critical Break Test Post Revamp
Edited Headers, Skill Plates Section and Thread Title
24/08/2013 - Added Videos Section
11/08/2013 - Updated Current Gears.
07/08/2013 - Added DPS Skill Rotation Under Beyond Time Buff Video.
05/08/2013 - Added My First Sniper CMV and updated pure PvE skill build
10/07/2013 - Added Sniper Play Styles & Examples
03/07/2013 - Updated Pure PvE Skill Build and added stat heraldies sub section.
29/06/2013 - Updated Hybrid Skill Build, added gears section and suffix sub section.
18/06/2013 - Updated Hybrid Skill Build in conjunction with the 107SP Patch and new PvP videos.
11/06/2013 - Added Pure PvE Skill Build and updated some skill plates
30/05/2013 - Added PvP Videos and Links
24/05/2013 - Added Topic Headers, Pictures and Tips!

Special Thanks to :-

Ximplicite who inspired me to be a Sniper.

Ximplicite, iDreamy, Kirstal, Raveyy, Azarael, Slypid and many more who inspired to make guides to share my passion for the game.

Edited by huisen, 06 September 2016 - 08:46 PM.

#3 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

RESERVED

Edited by huisen, 10 October 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#4 iDreamy

iDreamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3612 posts
  • LisRestall
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Nocturne

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Whoa, that Bowmaster Skill Build is almost exactly the same as I suggested to my Sniper friend. Only difference is Stun Shot, I abandoned it and rather have Lv1 Spiritual Excel for more PVE boost. Anyways, goodluck on the Guide, hard to make one especially with the incoming Critics or those who simply bashes Guides with unreliable facts.

P.S. Just to add a bit more info. Regarding Crossbow vs Longbow, it's actually preferred for Snipers to use Longbow because of the added range. People might not know but Charged Shot EX actually increases it's range when using a Longbow. Twin Shot and Siege Stance range obviously increases when using a Longbow too.

Edited by iDreamy, 23 May 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#5 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

View PostiDreamy, on 23 May 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

Whoa, that Bowmaster Skill Build is almost exactly the same as I suggested to my Sniper friend. Only difference is Stun Shot, I abandoned it and rather have Lv1 Spiritual Excel for more PVE boost. Anyways, goodluck on the Guide, hard to make one especially with the incoming Critics or those who simply bashes Guides with unreliable facts.

P.S. Just to add a bit more info. Regarding Crossbow vs Longbow, it's actually preferred for Snipers to use Longbow because of the added range. People might not know but Charged Shot EX actually increases it's range when using a Longbow. Twin Shot and Siege Stance range obviously increases when using a Longbow too.
Thx for the heads up and the tip about LB (;]) I will try my best to improve this demi-guide (:])

Edited by huisen, 23 May 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#6 Riexx

Riexx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

same build :( why why !!

#7 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostRiexx, on 23 May 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

same build :( why why !!
Is there a problem? XD

#8 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • iiBear
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

sir is it possible for you to share your stats?

#9 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostJules, on 24 May 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

sir is it possible for you to share your stats?

my stats for PvE u mean?
I'm not very funded player. I try to maximize my dmg output with equipment that can be obtain easily.
Currently im using 3 immo 4 Hero..
My potential are not perfect some Hp% some Mp%
Here a SS of my char stats.
Posted Image

#10 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

Btw, does any1 know why does my Topic 'PvE/pvp' doesnt become PvE/PvP when i edited it? haha.. Noob question but i do hope some1 could shed some light on it. (shame)

#11 TVXQTHSKDBSK

TVXQTHSKDBSK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3470 posts
  • Wetpoop
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Auror

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

View Posthuisen, on 24 May 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Btw, does any1 know why does my Topic 'PvE/pvp' doesnt become PvE/PvP when i edited it? haha.. Noob question but i do hope some1 could shed some light on it. (shame)
I think its because of the forum's feature or something. All first letter of each word would be capitalized while the remaining would be small-capped.

Question: Have you tried comparing level 16 Twin Shot without plate vs level 20 Twin Shot without plate but with Skill Accessory? If so, what's the difference?

#12 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • iiBear
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

can i know why you choose to use 3 immo and 4 hero? :D

#13 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostTVXQTHSKDBSK, on 24 May 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

I think its because of the forum's feature or something. All first letter of each word would be capitalized while the remaining would be small-capped.

Question: Have you tried comparing level 16 Twin Shot without plate vs level 20 Twin Shot without plate but with Skill Accessory? If so, what's the difference?
Icic.. Thx for providing me insight (:D) . I have not tried that yet.. Although it may not be a lot of Dmg increment on paper, I believe the dmg growth is quite substantial. However, Twin Shot skill accessory is on necklace which is shared with ACS, TA and Critical Break. Choosing Twin Shot over any of these skill will dampen your DPS quite a bit as 90% of the time twin shot is served as fillers in PvE imo. (shame) I will do some testing if time allows or someone else may have done it ahead of me. (:>)

View PostJules, on 24 May 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

can i know why you choose to use 3 immo and 4 hero? :D
reason why i choose 3 immo 4 hero is because i had budget problem. 300 FD is too good to be given up so hence the 3 immo. 4 hero, 2 on weap 2 on armor is to provide me decent def,mdef,hp and patk as well. My gears are not over geared, armors +6 and weaps +8. Not a lucky person. Every time I wanna go beyond +8 BOOM! (T.T) I havent change my eq to lvl 60 A yet because stats given by lvl 60Ai is inferior to lvl 50Sii.  Hope i answered your question (:])

Edited by huisen, 24 May 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#14 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • iiBear
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

lets say if i choose not to use hero weapon, what level 50 weapon do you suggest ? (:D)

#15 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostJules, on 24 May 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

lets say if i choose not to use hero weapon, what level 50 weapon do you suggest ? %20br=
If u r well funded and have friends or guild mates to do  GDN HC, go for lvl 50L as they can last you through out lvl 60 cap if u +12 them.
If u r well funded but always solo, i would suggest you to upgrade your eq to lvl 60A at least +10 for now and upgrade them to suffix 2 in the future.
If you are just a casual player, get lvl 60a for just upgrade them to +6.
The other alternative for hero weapons are GDN S grade. I wont recommend you going the 50a route as you will really lose out on dmg.

Of cuz what gear to use and how well u wanna gear your char is highly dependent on your own standard of what is good enough and budget allocated to achieve that standard.
I hoped I helped (:])

Edited by huisen, 24 May 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#16 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • iiBear
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

yes you did help , thanks man

#17 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Updated With Tips and Vids (:])

#18 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • iiBear
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

can i know what type of suffix should i use on all my equipment ?

#19 Jetroyz

Jetroyz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts
  • FateMire
  • DN, Greenwood
  • ✪ Starchild ✪ , Chatango

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostJules, on 31 May 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

can i know what type of suffix should i use on all my equipment ?
Wind on all armors except glove, glove you can choose Will or HP.
Weapons, generally Wind main, Iron Wall secondary. If you're making a raid char and/or your team already has a Iron wall user, go Destruction secondary then.

#20 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • iiBear
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

thank you  (;])