[Guide] Zeft's W. I. P. Sniper Level 93 Skill Build And Guide *updated 04/09/2016*

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#41 Ederine

Ederine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts
  • Quitted

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

Well nice skill build...ur build similar with me...N btw nice guide also...GL for ur guide thread..I support this ^^

#42 kurogane94

kurogane94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1975 posts
  • IlyaHime
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

View Postkistral, on 13 June 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

I would like to give some tips, but on 2nd thought, maybe some people at here won't agree with me... and i think TS also have ever read about it..
Second thoughts are bad. (:>)

Do share if you got some tips. I'd like to know too

#43 kistral

kistral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1701 posts
  • kistral
  • DN, Springwood
  • Athens

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

View Postkurogane94, on 13 June 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Second thoughts are bad. (:>)

Do share if you got some tips. I'd like to know too
Later... it was going to be wall of text, my house electricity was out due to some maintainance.. imposibbru to done with my tablet... lol

#44 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

View Postkistral, on 13 June 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

I would like to give some tips, but on 2nd thought, maybe some people at here won't agree with me... and i think TS also have ever read about it..
Well.. Do share ur tips n info! As long as it has no flamebait potential.. U made me very curious when u mentioned me.. :D

#45 kistral

kistral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1701 posts
  • kistral
  • DN, Springwood
  • Athens

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

somehow i've failed as a sniper, i can't resist the temptation to swap class to artillery.. so yeah, i'm ex-sniper player that playing sniper class since the open beta.. i've ever think to made a lvl 60 build as my last honor to my first love sniper, but i'm too busy and lazy.. after read the introduction by zeft, i think i can share (or maybe you could take my build if you want) since i know that he love sniper more than me..

would like to share my build and opinion about how it should be if i keep playing my sniper:

Hybrid build:
Posted Image

Posted Image

for the archer skill tree, i won't give any explaination.. feel free to ask if you still don't understand..
for the BM skill tree explaination :
1.Charge shot lvl 15..
  • FAQ : WHY NOT LVL 16??
  • A: that's what the skill earring use for.. the spare 1 SP could be use somewhere else..
2. Aerial chain shot lvl 11..
  • FAQ 1 : WHY NOT LVL 15 +1 NECKLACE ACC?
  • A 1 : as i said, either PVE or PVP, i prefer the necklace acc option is critical break, not ACS.. why? because since siege stance EX is now become sniper no 1 burst skill... it was meant to combo with cheating point and sylph aid (take note, i'll use the REAL (un-nerfed) version as all my basic calculation)
  • FAQ 2 : IF YOU'RE NOT TAKING ANY SKILL EARRING, WHY NOT JUST LEAVE AT 15?
  • A 2 : let's see the calculation
let's see some of the calculation:
what you probably lost from ACS EX lvl 16---> 11
ACS lvl 16 : 188% + 2509 * coeff (12+ 4) = 3008% + 40144
ACS lvl 15 : 160% + 1979 * 16 = 2560 % + 31664
ACS lvl 11 : 152% + 1323 * 16 =  2432 % + 21168

so for FAQ 1, you probably lost : lvl 16 ACS EX - LVL 11 ACS EX : 576% + 9000-ish
for FAQ 2, you probably lost : lvl 15 ACS EX - LVL 11 ACS EX  :128% + 10000 (i think for FAQ 2 has already been answered with this isn't it? the damage gap between lvl 15 and 11 is very low, 4 SP that saved from this could be make more potential if you pump at other skills)

let's get back to FAQ 1 problem, you lost 576% + 9000 damage, that's the only negative points in this problem, let's see the positive points :
1.you saved 4 SP that could be pumped at other skills, i think 576% is a small sacrifice..
2. that 576% VERY POSSIBLE to be closed by critical break.. i can't make the calculation for critical break since this buff was affected ALL skills, so you can't compare ACS EX with critical break in 1:1 situation.. but i'll copy 1 of my post a few weeks ago about comparing only 1 skills that affected by critical break versus ACS EX :

the calculation of siege stance EX with those buff is :lvl 12 siege : 519% +12022 *1,5 (from right click) = 778.5 + 18033 /hit (without any buff)
could possibly deal 5 hits (somehow i'm sure i only got 4 hits, i don't know why) : 3892.5%+ 90165
with SA buff (note that SA also +17% of your attack+ 7 hits) : 911% + 21098 *7 = 6377%+147690
if this SA + cheating point +50% FD = 9565.5% + 221535

if crit break has 50% trigger chance and siege right click has 10 arrows we assume that only half from whole damage was multiply with 37,5% additional damage so the additional damage from crit break is:
50% (9565,5% +221535) = 4782.75% + 110767 * 37,5% = 1793.5%+41538 (crit break damage)
but if you got lvl 2 crit break : 4782.75% + 110767 *25% = 1195.7% + 27691
difference : around 600% +14000

this calculation haven't been add with if you got acro +SB buff, you could landed more than 7 arrows..

ACS EX gap between lvl 11 and 16 (sorry to forget including SA + FD 50%, i'll sum up at here) : 1011 % damage
and crit break gap (in siege stance EX skill simulation) = 600% damage

what can we take conclusion from that? even only from siege stance EX calculation only, crit break has already deal 600% bonus damage, it's only from 1 skill.. i think you all can see that crit break is far more superior.. either in PVP or PVE.. (ACS is even worse in PVP, why? let's be honest, who could play sniper class that could land ALL ACS EX hit?)

feel free to ask me about this ACS, i'll end my explaination here..

3.the rest skill explaination is almost the same like zeft told already... so i'm sorry that i'm too lazy to provide any.. so i'll just explain by some FAQ below :
  • FAQ 1 : was spiritual excel max worth it?
  • A 1 : yes, very worth it especially if you have spare SP... for your info, my EX-sniper even have 5800 AGI at 50 cap, can you imagine how much AGI you could get from 18%? not to mention if the suffix 2 later come, i think more than that..
  • FAQ 2-1 : why there's no swift shot, rapid shot, TA in this build? shouldn't this become HYBRID build?
  • A 2-1 : maybe some of you guys know that i've made a thread about sniper laddering with "this" skill build... so, i get no problem in PVP without those 3 skills... yes, i'm aware that not everyone has same style with me that could possible PVP by not using those 3 skills.. so my suggestion is, keep praractice, try to selfban from those 3 skills, believe that it was possible, you can learn how to by my video in my signature.. (sorry can't provide any other video, since i'm EX-sniper already)
  • FAQ 2-2 : do you have some secret trick or technique to do PVP under such selfban condition? why do you have such good accuracy with your charge shot EX in those video? pure luck or skill?
  • A 2-2 : this is something that i ever think that i would keep this secret forever... i would like to say that my charge shot in those video is 30% luck and 70% pure skill and accuracy.. about the tips and trick to do that.. (:>) not that i don't want to tell you all, but i've ever tried even using face to face explaination to my friends, they said that it was too complicated and too extreme that i even calculated every seconds in my PVP.. the other problem is, i can't and i don't know how to make video about this and so on.....
  • FAQ 3 : stun shot? kidding me?
  • A 3 : this build should be hybrid, after a few thoughts, i think that i don't even sacrifice other skills too much to get this stun shot and beside that, stun shot is very useful at PVP.. about this stun shot, it's depend on your preferable.. you may not take it and spend the 3 SP to other skills..
ow yeah, sniper skill tree.. all max... (:])
just as i said, wall of text.. feel free to ask me.. (:])

Edited by kistral, 13 June 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#46 kistral

kistral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1701 posts
  • kistral
  • DN, Springwood
  • Athens

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

btw, i want to ask zeft, why this thread called "demi-guide"? is this just wrong type of "Semi-guide"? (:>)

#47 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

View Postkistral, on 13 June 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

btw, i want to ask zeft, why this thread called "demi-guide"? is this just wrong type of "Semi-guide"? (:>)

Demi is half of semi.. Cz my guide is pretty small and not much statistical evidence.. And its to stand out :)
Btw +1 to ur previous post.. I did read about ur quote.. Im planning to reset n leave my acs at 11 when crit break is fix.. :)

#48 kistral

kistral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1701 posts
  • kistral
  • DN, Springwood
  • Athens

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

View Posthuisen, on 13 June 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Demi is half of semi.. Cz my guide is pretty small and not much statistical evidence.. And its to stand out :)
Btw +1 to ur previous post.. I did read about ur quote.. Im planning to reset n leave my acs at 11 when crit break is fix.. :)
you can take my thread to add your guide if you like it... there's some statistical evidance too..

i just give permission because i think you love sniper more than me... i've betrayed my sniper that i played for 2 years (T.T)

#49 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

View Postkistral, on 13 June 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

you can take my thread to add your guide if you like it... there's some statistical evidance too..

i just give permission because i think you love sniper more than me... i've betrayed my sniper that i played for 2 years (T.T)

well I don't call that betraying.. We all move on.. When we play something long enough, we will eventually get bored with it.. But It doesn't mean we don't love them (:])

#50 asskicking

asskicking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9120 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

before, my plan build is almost same to yours.. but then later, i want to change something...

in your opinion, is it good to leave ACS at 11 and try to pump other skill (some magic path)? (shame)

coz on my side, the timing for jump+ACS is kinda hard.. there are times i fail to cast ACS.. (:[) so now, i plan to pump rapid shot to at least lvl6..

#51 kistral

kistral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1701 posts
  • kistral
  • DN, Springwood
  • Athens

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postasskicking, on 14 June 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

before, my plan build is almost same to yours.. but then later, i want to change something...

in your opinion, is it good to leave ACS at 11 and try to pump other skill (some magic path)? (shame)

coz on my side, the timing for jump+ACS is kinda hard.. there are times i fail to cast ACS.. (:[) so now, i plan to pump rapid shot to at least lvl6..
yeah.. that's what i said isn't it? leave ACS at 11 and pump other skill....

the main problem in this is ACS and critical break share the same accessories.. NECKLACE..

so as we compare ACS with critical break, we can see that critical break is better.... in this case, it means ACS will remain at lvl 15..

and after i count again, you can see that lvl 11 to lvl 15 ACS damage growth is so tiny.. so yeah.. leave it at 11 is the best solution IMO..

needless to explain that lvl 15 to lvl 11 ACS only have 128% +10.000, this few gap also ONLY if you could land ALL the ACS arrow, mean while, critical break is a certain, no CD, passive skill.... so obviously the winner is critical break IMO..

#52 asskicking

asskicking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9120 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

^oh! sorry, i think i missed your explanation or maybe i skipped the math part about ACS..

thanks! (:])

#53 goarweam

goarweam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

will the sniper skills be fixed this upcoming patch?

Edited by goarweam, 15 June 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#54 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

View Postgoarweam, on 15 June 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

will the sniper skills be fixed this upcoming patch?
i hope they will.. let's wait till they release their official patch notes..

EDITED:

View PostMantou, on 17 June 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

CHANGELOG:

Sniper:
  • (Common) Critical Break – Additional damage increase and cooldown removed.
  • (PVE) Critical Break – Activation rate increase to 50% for all Skill Level.
  • (PVP) Critical Break – Activation rate increase to 20% for all Skill Level.
  • (PVE) Siege Stance EX – Super armour defense power increase from 900 to 1200.
  • (PVE) Siege Stance EX – Damage reduction rate increase from 50% to 80%.
  • (Common) Cheating Point – Explosion duration for all Skill Level change from 8sec to 10sec.
  • (PVE) Cheating Point – Attack power increased .
  • (PVE) Cheating Point – Final Damage increase by 50% for the skill user.
  • (PVP) Cheating Point – Final Damage increase by 25% for the skill user.

All our :ph34r: nerfs or rollbacks are being fixed in the upcoming patch. (cool)

Edited by huisen, 18 June 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#55 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

Updated Hybrid Skill Build in conjunction with the 107SP Patch
(:])

#56 TVXQTHSKDBSK

TVXQTHSKDBSK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3470 posts
  • Wetpoop
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Auror

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

The new costume's +1 to pre-defined skills works also in Comoensation on PvP right?

#57 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostTVXQTHSKDBSK, on 18 June 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

The new costume's +1 to pre-defined skills works also in Comoensation on PvP right?

It should work. Im still looking for some concrete proof.. (shame)
The only way around this is too buy the costume when it comes out? (oo;)
Will let ya know when Im able to confirm it.. (:])

#58 TVXQTHSKDBSK

TVXQTHSKDBSK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3470 posts
  • Wetpoop
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Auror

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

View Posthuisen, on 18 June 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

It should work. Im still looking for some concrete proof.. (shame)
The only way around this is too buy the costume when it comes out? (oo;)
Will let ya know when Im able to confirm it.. (:])
I've seen a leak of those supposed to be pre-defined skills @_@

http://insidedn.tumb...ash-shop-update

Something seems...wrong?

#59 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostTVXQTHSKDBSK, on 18 June 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

I've seen a leak of those supposed to be pre-defined skills @_@

http://insidedn.tumb...ash-shop-update

Something seems...wrong?
eh? no twin shot? omfg! this is worse than a zombie apocalypse (oo) .. just joking.. hmm.. we have to find out in game I suppose. i really do hope that we can get twin shot +1 if not it is not really worth buying the costumes..

#60 TVXQTHSKDBSK

TVXQTHSKDBSK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3470 posts
  • Wetpoop
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Auror

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

View Posthuisen, on 18 June 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

eh? no twin shot? omfg! this is worse than a zombie apocalypse (oo) .. just joking.. hmm.. we have to find out in game I suppose. i really do hope that we can get twin shot +1 if not it is not really worth buying the costumes..
I haven't lost my hope yet although if it is indeed that which is shown in the tumblr page... We've been trolled @-@. What good would a level 19+1 Multishot bring? :|