How Are Soul Eater Doing In Nest At This Cap?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Poseidon354

Poseidon354

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • BsuraStrke
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Any Soul Eater out there managed to enter TKN/PKN? I just want to have an idea on how they do in those nests? Damage and survivality wise. Well I know equips are important, but I just want to have an idea before I level my current lvl50 SE. I main Arti for now and want to have my SE as an alt aside from my Saint. I don't wanna put so much effort into leveling only to find that I will just get disappointed.  

I heard Soul Gate Ex is really something to look out for.

#2 Kanluran

Kanluran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4230 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

well in forums we all know what those bewbs fans are capable of.

in game, MEH! w3ws generally regard them as low dps and thus the kicks and the discrimination (oo;)

#3 Maudlin

Maudlin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1403 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostPoseidon354, on 30 May 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Any Soul Eater out there managed to enter TKN/PKN? I just want to have an idea on how they do in those nests? Damage and survivality wise. Well I know equips are important, but I just want to have an idea before I level my current lvl50 SE. I main Arti for now and want to have my SE as an alt aside from my Saint. I don't wanna put so much effort into leveling only to find that I will just get disappointed.  

I heard Soul Gate Ex is really something to look out for.
The only reason Screamers in general are not accepted in raids is the stupid dark resist thingy (mad)
Someone from CDN once said in mmosite forums, that if you dont consider dark resist, Soul Eater is one of the top DPS classes in game... so dont lose hope, maybe some future nests will have low dark resist (:])
Besides, Soul Eater rapes in pvp (hat)  and yes, soul gate EX is one hell of an ex. the large ghosts hurt like hell.

Edited by Maudlin, 30 May 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#4 Poseidon354

Poseidon354

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • BsuraStrke
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostKanluran, on 30 May 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

well in forums we all know what those bewbs fans are capable of.

in game, MEH! w3ws generally regard them as low dps and thus the kicks and the discrimination (oo;)

So the wisest thing to do if ever I use SE as an alt is to enter TKN/PKN with friends/guildmates right? Damn that discrimination. Well, I think I just have to find out. Soul Gate Ex really attracts me. (:D)

#5 Kanluran

Kanluran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4230 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostPoseidon354, on 30 May 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

So the wisest thing to do if ever I use SE as an alt is to enter TKN/PKN with friends/guildmates right? Damn that discrimination. Well, I think I just have to find out. Soul Gate Ex really attracts me. br=

there are poeple in game who knows the dps capabilities of a SE though.

try adding them as friends when you meet them

and yah ur suggestion always works

#6 SailorMoonX

SailorMoonX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 578 posts
  • oDaenerys
  • DN, Springwood
  • HouseOfTargaryen

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

hi TS (:])

As a SoulEater, she really rocks in pvp & SoulGate EX cant be taken lightly.. hmm when it comes to PVE nest raids, shes widely discrminated by public parties coz most of them are ignorant. They dont know dat Soul Eaters are one of the best dps class in DN.. if u nid help like PVP skill build just tell me haha.. im willing to help u lolz (<3)

#7 arcanine080

arcanine080

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • AutumnEnds
  • DN, Greenwood
  • NoobNest/UNFO

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

oh im here again.. (:D) ..first, just FYI im from GW server where SE is least discrimnated (:]) ..
im doing fine with Nest PKN/TKN as MAIN DPS... dunno but i dont have hard time finding PT..
about the survivability..lels just familiarize yourself on the Nest..

#8 TimeFox

TimeFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1104 posts
  • Chevy
  • DN, Westwood
  • PulseL'cie

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

^ what he said, survivability is dependent on your familiarity with the nest.

Soul Gate packs a punch. With incomplete gears, mine does 60-70k per small spirit, and 150-200k per large spirit (these are already crit values and under increase soul buff). More damage when there are branded targets and when dual intellect & tent kicks in. Also, dark resist is not that much of a problem since curse damage compensates for it.

#9 Poseidon354

Poseidon354

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • BsuraStrke
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostSailorMoonX, on 30 May 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

hi TS (:])

As a SoulEater, she really rocks in pvp & SoulGate EX cant be taken lightly.. hmm when it comes to PVE nest raids, shes widely discrminated by public parties coz most of them are ignorant. They dont know dat Soul Eaters are one of the best dps class in DN.. if u nid help like PVP skill build just tell me haha.. im willing to help u lolz (<3)

Can I have a pure pve skill build? Ahahaha... Looking forward to it. I'm not really much into pvp but since with the T4 changes once enemy is out of mana they tend to do normal attack which makes curse really dependable ahaahha...

View Postarcanine080, on 30 May 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

oh im here again.. (:]) ..
im doing fine with Nest PKN/TKN as MAIN DPS... dunno but i dont have hard time finding PT..
about the survivability..lels just familiarize yourself on the Nest..

I am actually quite familiar with TKN/PKN nest mechanics but I'm more confident in TKN than PKN...

View PostTimeFox, on 30 May 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

^ what he said, survivability is dependent on your familiarity with the nest.

Soul Gate packs a punch. With incomplete gears, mine does 60-70k per small spirit, and 150-200k per large spirit (these are already crit values and under increase soul buff). More damage when there are branded targets and when dual intellect & tent kicks in. Also, dark resist is not that much of a problem since curse damage compensates for it.

Wow, that's really something. Can't wait to try that one out. Question did you guys maxed out specter of pain? Because I'm really having a hard time squeezing in my sp if I max it out... T_T

#10 TimeFox

TimeFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1104 posts
  • Chevy
  • DN, Westwood
  • PulseL'cie

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

Yes, I have my spectre of pain maxed out +1 with my skill ring (from 50 cap, gonna switch it for another once skill rings becomes available for crafting) since it delivers good damage every 7 seconds.