KinghtZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • KinghtZ
  • DN, Holywood
  • WishFantasy

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

*WARNING* this is the previous version of Arrow Shower EX which confirmed as a bug.

I'm currently asking the permission from the author, for me to translate his article into English and share it with you guys.

Hoping that he'll agree and I can't wait to share this miracle news to all Snipers out there.

PS : Arrow Shower EX seems pretty lame, but ​it's awesome IT'S AWESOME. (:[)  ( cause it's really awesome, so I repeated twice (cool) )

- Permission is given, article under construction -

Original Article's Link : http://forum.gamer.c...0&page=1#513703

An awesome article by HalfTang, I've get his permission to translate and share it with you guys.
Due to the differ in interpretation, this post will not be 100% same as his original article, it's the best to read through his awesome article afterwards or first.

At lvl70, Sniper is able to learn a new enhancement skill, Arrow Shower EX.
Arrow Shower, almost everyone discredit this skill, due to it's ordinary damage, very situation-al to use and also long cool down time.
Arrow Shower has 2 types of damage, "hit damage" and "explosion damage", when the arrows are travelling in air and contact with monsters, it'll be the hit damage, while when the arrows land successfully and deal damage to surrounding monsters will be counted as explosion damage
Hit Damage carries 10% of the skill board damage, while Explosion Damage deals 90% of the board damage.
It seems easy in words, but every bow master know that to achieve full explosion damage is impossible. Yes, impossible, we can only maximize the output to around 55hits, but actually, 55hits are already a super super super lucky number an Arrow Shower can do. (I only did 43~48 hits normally, Explosion Damage). Also, relatively, the damage of Arrow Shower is just ordinary.
However, it's also proven that Artillery's "Magical" Shower is stronger than Sniper's Arrow Shower. I didn't know much about that side, so I'll not talk much about it.
Seriously, it's somehow a bad feeling for all Snipers, Arrow Shower is the lv32 "Great" skill for a Sniper (exclude Arrow Barrage), but why an Artillery would deal greater damage with Sniper's great skill..? (Well, this is my feeling (:[) )

Before the launching of lvl70 cap at DNKR, I've been stay tuned to HalfTang's posts about lvl70 EX skills. What I care about the most was, Arrow Shower EX.
Finally, 19th June 2013, HalfTang posted the article about Arrow Shower EX, together with his video.

Here are the brief summary on his article, translated and interpreted by me.

His conclusion after testing was the damage of additional arrow of Arrow Shower EX achieved a number of 1950%.

Arrow Shower EX:-
1. The original damage of Arrow Shower is not enhanced.
2. There are no additional arrows to the ordinary Arrow Shower.
3. Clicking "Normal Attack Button" upon the casting animation will trigger the additional arrow of Arrow Shower EX to be delivered.

From the test result, the range of the additional arrow is very large, it's not difficult to make sure the additional arrow land with achieving full hits.

The additional arrows from Arrow Shower will not be affected by any speed boosting spell e.g. Slyph's Aid or Spirit Boost, it's fixed at 13 arrows.
He classified the Arrow Shower EX into EX1 and EX2 with different situation of "Normal Attack Button" is pressed.

EX1 : Cancel and press the "Normal Attack Button" during the casting animation of Arrow Shower, thus cancelling the stance and additional arrows are released.
EX2 : "Normal Attack Button" is entered after all the arrows of Arrow Shower is delivered, thus additional arrows are delivered.

He also describes that we can actually presume that we can take the animation of Arrow Shower as a charging motion. EX with finished charging will enter EX2 phase, while if the charging process is stopped before it's done will enter EX1 phase.

Arrow Shower EX1
The damage of the additional arrows from EX1 are affected by the level of Arrow Shower of the caster and Skill Heraldry that caster equipped.
There are total of 13 arrows, each arrow will deal 2 hits (10%+150%=160%) Total Hits of 26HIT.

Damage of the additional arrows from EX1 (assuming Arrow Shower at lv11)
Without Heraldry Skill Enhancement : 55% x 1.6 x 13 = 1144%
With Heraldry Skill Enhancement   : 55% x 1.2 x 1.6 x 13 = 1373%

While from the original Arrow Shower (assuming 55arrows hit, maximum possible)
55% x 1.2 x 55 = 3630%

Hence the total possible damage calculated will be 3630% (original Arrow Shower) + 1373% (additional arrows under EX1 phase) = 5003%
Condition : 55arrows hit and caster is equipped with Arrow Shower skill enhancement heraldry.

Arrow Shower EX2
The damage of the additional arrow will not be affected by the skill level of Arrow Shower.
Also, it's not affected by skill enhancement heraldry.
The additional arrow inflicts 13 hits with 13 arrows, the number of hit will not be separated.

The damage of the 13 hits from the additional arrows are 150% x 13 = 1950%.
Yes, each arrow carries 150% damage with attribute to the caster's PATK value

Under comparison, it would be

EX1 3630% + 1373% = 5003% (equivalent to additional damage 38%)
EX2 3630% + 1950% = 5580% (equivalent to additional damage 54%)

(it actually means, by increasing the level of Arrow Shower will only shorten the gap between the additional damage of Arrow Shower EX, while EX2 is confirmed to have higher increase than EX1)

Mathematically it will be, the lower the level of your Arrow Shower, the greater the relative damage increment of Arrow Shower EX2, since EX2 increase 1950% at a fix rate, regardless the level of Arrow Shower of the caster.

The additional arrow has a very great range and concentrated.
The actual damage increment is far greater than the theory.

The additional arrow don't have all of the disadvantage of Arrow Shower, it has a wide range, almost confirm hitting rate and also very high damage.
(As long as you're an experienced Sniper that experienced the worst Arrow Shower ever, you'll know when, where and how to cast Arrow Shower to achieve it's full potential, by. KinghtQ)

Additional fact, the lowest damage of Arrow Shower EX is already far greater than Artillery's "Magical" Shower, by taking both at level 1. from.HalfTang (HAHAHA I actually laugh like mad when he states this little thought, finally Sniper rules back their mighty Arrow Shower! (:D) )

Credits to HalfTang (cool)

Arrow Shower EX's EX2 works exactly the same as Artillery's Bug Shower, and it's already removed, now EX1 and EX2 shall have the same damage and same mechanism

*Haiz.. So they chose to remain the bug of Artillery's Magical Shower.
Reason : The ratio of Artillery to Sniper in DNKR is 9:1.

Well, from what I understand, EX2 carries a greater damage than EX1 (confirmed).
Actually what I seen from this is "Don't give up, when you insist and endure until the very end of the Arrow Shower, surprises will come and miracle will happen". (:[)

From the very beginning of being a Sniper, Siege Stance and Arrow Shower are the two skills that most of the Bow Masters (even Sniper) abandoned. However, I will never do that.
Rather than complaining and calculating how lousy the damage of Arrow Shower is, I hold my on principle "Only believe half of the skill description. Another half? Experience and feel it by myself (bow) ".
Both my Siege Stance and Arrow Shower are at very high level (:])
Although I've changed my build for many times,I never ever think of abandoning them. They are the skills that grants me the real feeling of being a Sniper. (:[)

Cheers ,
by. KinghtQ

Endure Snipers, our precious elf never failed to give us surprises.
Miracle happened, again and again. (;])

Edited by KinghtZ, 09 January 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#2 KinghtZ

KinghtZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • KinghtZ
  • DN, Holywood
  • WishFantasy

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

Please let me reserve the first comment for me to update anything about this awesome EX. (:&gt;)

I've official obtained the permission of Mr.HalfTang

"嗯 只要有註記作者名字 我的文章跟影片都歡迎轉載" by HalfTang.

Working on translation.
However, it'll not be a 100% translation since it'll be based on what I understand and I might add my own thought in the middle of nowhere.

Cheers~!! (gift)

- Article Done~!! (hat)

Edited by KinghtZ, 21 June 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#3 Vincentium

Vincentium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1679 posts
  • Perunos
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

A line of hope for the skill?
(:[)

#4 Toxilicious

Toxilicious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
  • WhySoCurious
  • DN, Westwood
  • CuriousityKillsTheCat

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

you mean this one rite ?

i am excited to know more as well :). by seeing the dmg seems that its quite worthy to be maxed. but i would know more the deep analysis behind it
unfortunately my chinese aint that good, so.... have  to wait!

#5 ShaunShaunShaun3

ShaunShaunShaun3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9848 posts
  • Elfsia (Elestra)
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

haven't watched it yet, but it seems to be getting pretty good feedbacks about the skill. AS might not be so bad after all.

#6 Toxilicious

Toxilicious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
  • WhySoCurious
  • DN, Westwood
  • CuriousityKillsTheCat

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

(five) (:[) bye2 tracking arrow then (sorry)

#7 huisen

huisen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 810 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

Lol i tot the last few shots suppose to be 50% dmg of the original.. Looking forward to read the details in english..

#8 SaveThePrince

SaveThePrince

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1810 posts
  • _(:3」∠)_
  • DN, Greenwood
  • IZTRI

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

too bad my sniper is on different account (sorry)
her leveling got postponed because i have to max out 4 chars in my main account first

#9 light1412

light1412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • ShinoHouki
  • DN, Holywood
  • Wish Fantasy

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

right here waiting %20br=
i'm excited too with the testing result (can't read chinese (T.T) )

at least from what i watched the damage of right click left click for  is "awesome"!

*thx for asking toxi, i didn't check it again

Edited by light1412, 20 June 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#10 Toxilicious

Toxilicious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
  • WhySoCurious
  • DN, Westwood
  • CuriousityKillsTheCat

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

light1412, on 20 June 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

right here waiting %20br=
i'm excited too with the testing result (can't read chinese (T.T) )

at least from what i watched the damage of right click is "awesome"!
is it right click or left click ?

#11 Jetroyz

Jetroyz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts
  • FateMire
  • DN, Springwood
  • ✪ Starchild ✪ , Chatango

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I finished translating it by myself =v
Its really good, from nowhere AS got an at least 1300%+ boost.

#12 Toxilicious

Toxilicious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
  • WhySoCurious
  • DN, Westwood
  • CuriousityKillsTheCat

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Jetroyz, on 20 June 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

care to elaborate the detail a bit ? (:D) (:&gt;)

#13 Jetroyz

Jetroyz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts
  • FateMire
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

http://piratepad.net...KluQ2SuyY/rev.3

Here's my translation.

#14 KinghtZ

KinghtZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • KinghtZ
  • DN, Holywood
  • WishFantasy

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Toxilicious, on 20 June 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

you mean this one rite ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
i am excited to know more as well :). by seeing the dmg seems that its quite worthy to be maxed. but i would know more the deep analysis behind it
unfortunately my chinese aint that good, so.... have  to wait!

Yes that one, I already studied his article and what I can tell now is only, it's awesome.

I need HalfTang's permission to translate it and express over here.

#15 KinghtZ

KinghtZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • KinghtZ
  • DN, Holywood
  • WishFantasy

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Jetroyz, on 20 June 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Well you can translate it and read it yourself, but posting over and show it in public figure is just kinda....

I decided to get his permission first (:[)

But it's so hard to use the Taiwanese forum, I already used every single way I could to try and contact with him.

#16 Jetroyz

Jetroyz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts
  • FateMire
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

KinghtZ, on 20 June 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Well you can translate it and read it yourself, but posting over and show it in public figure is just kinda....

I decided to get his permission first (:[)

But it's so hard to use the Taiwanese forum, I already used every single way I could to try and contact with him.
Well, I gave him full credits (shame)

Anyways, I think you could PM him on Youtube? It'd be faster than waiting for him to check back on the video.

#17 KinghtZ

KinghtZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • KinghtZ
  • DN, Holywood
  • WishFantasy

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Jetroyz, on 20 June 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Well, I gave him full credits (shame)

Anyways, I think you could PM him on Youtube? It'd be faster than waiting for him to check back on the video.

I already left message on every single possible way..

I just wanted so share this good news to every Snipers over here, I'm so excited.. (:[)

#18 Seiggy

Seiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts
  • Airyx , Henriett
  • DN, Westwood
  • Athens, Insignia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Jetroyz, on 20 June 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Thanks for the translation. (:])

#19 Toxilicious

Toxilicious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
  • WhySoCurious
  • DN, Westwood
  • CuriousityKillsTheCat

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

KinghtZ, on 20 June 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

I already left message on every single possible way..

I just wanted so share this good news to every Snipers over here, I'm so excited.. (:[)
ahaha, yea he gave the credit already. but now you can put your own analysis here, just wait for halfang to confirm your request better=

so is it better to pump up the arrow shower and using dmg heraldy, and do the left click before it finished (EX1) at least 70-80% of its normal arrow (so then we can maximize the normal AS and the burst, thus affecting by skill level)

or option 2
leave it at lv 1, take plate at your own choice and use the AS burst after the normal AS finished only

NINJA EDITED

Edited by Toxilicious, 20 June 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#20 KinghtZ

KinghtZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • KinghtZ
  • DN, Holywood
  • WishFantasy

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Toxilicious, on 20 June 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

so is it better to pump up the arrow shower and using dmg heraldy, and do the left click before it finished (EX1) at least 70-80% of its normal arrow (so then we can maximize the normal AS and the burst, thus affecting by skill level)

or option 2
leave it at lv 1, take plate at your own choice and use the burst only, since the normal shower damage is low (from low skill level)

Well I'll try to propose my own analysis based on his fine test results.
Anyway, I'll need his approval.
He's highly appreciate, but still it's his copyright. (:[)

Both way to cast EX has it own advantage.