tonyostark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Bokku, Ramh, Kiouh
  • DN, Holywood
  • Relinquish

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'm having doubts on this suggestion so I want to know what you guys are thinking

Pacultas Mutant II like the preview Essence II rarely drops. So why not put it at the end of every dungeon runs in gold chests(prolly for rank SSS or SS)?

Yes, we were able to pull through with such drop rate of Essence II back in 50 cap but CMIIW, it had more mini bosses and more dungeons whereas, there are only four Mutant II dungeons. and also, if i'm not mistaken, it was easier back then since there are more goddess sympathies obtained which can be used to buy Essence II.

And this might potentially increase demands for magni so on CC's side, I don't see any harm implementing this.

However, I feel like it's babysitting too much (from a masochistic stoic point of view) and I'm not sure if this is on the devs's part to implement such feature that's why I want to know what are your thoughts on this one.

PS. I miss the old DQ for goddess sympathies before 700 mark patch (the one from ropi).  I don't see much harm implementing it back

Edited by tonyostark, 18 July 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#2 Alscyone

Alscyone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1837 posts
  • Alscyone
  • DN, Holywood
  • YukiKage

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Posttonyostark, on 18 July 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

I'm having doubts on this suggestion so I want to know what you guys are thinking

Pacultas Mutant II like the preview Essence II rarely drops. So why not put it at the end of every dungeon runs in gold chests(prolly for rank SSS or SS)?

Yes, we were able to pull through with such drop rate of Essence II back in 50 cap but CMIIW, it had more mini bosses and more dungeons whereas, there are only four Mutant II dungeons. and also, if i'm not mistaken, it was easier back then since there are more goddess sympathies obtained which can be used to buy Essence II.

And this might potentially increase demands for magni so on CC's side, I don't see any harm implementing this.

However, I feel like it's babysitting too much (from a masochistic stoic point of view) and I'm not sure if this is on the devs's part to implement such feature that's why I want to know what are your thoughts on this one.

PS. I miss the old DQ for goddess sympathies before 700 mark patch (the one from ropi).  I don't see much harm implementing it back

Who is Ropi?

#3 tonyostark

tonyostark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Bokku, Ramh, Kiouh
  • DN, Holywood
  • Relinquish

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostAlscyone, on 18 July 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Who is Ropi?

Loffy. I remember that was his name at one point (shame)

#4 Alscyone

Alscyone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1837 posts
  • Alscyone
  • DN, Holywood
  • YukiKage

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Posttonyostark, on 18 July 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Loffy. I remember that was his name at one point (shame)

Ohh, I thought you were talking about the girl in RR. But yeah we can't have everything.

#5 VipersFang

VipersFang

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Y ?? cant u solo it .. ???  solo run = solo loots ... (cool)
2 days of doing DQ only .. solo runs .. = 6 Pacultas mutant ...

Posted Image

Edited by VipersFang, 18 July 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#6 tonyostark

tonyostark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Bokku, Ramh, Kiouh
  • DN, Holywood
  • Relinquish

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'm a cleric (inqui/cruasder). I can't solo it as efficient as you can even if we have the same gears.

and I think it would be counter-productve to do so.

Edited by tonyostark, 18 July 2013 - 10:18 PM.

#7 CityConnection

CityConnection

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

well as far as i know we just need to wait for the dungeons that are dropping the suffix 3 to appear before we can exchange using goddess breath so no point adding  Pacultas Mutant II into the end dungeon treasure box (:])

PS: imagine after u fully geared up and excess Pacultas Mutant II keeps on appear when u clear dungeons (:>)

#8 Kamosuzo

Kamosuzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4768 posts
  • That Guy
  • DN, Greenwood
  • "He's back"

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

The only reason I can think of why CC made those Mutant II drop rate ridiculously low is to give us something to do while they preparing for the next big content (DDN).

Imagine if everyone manage to get hold of Suffix II materials easily, for hardcore players it will only took them less than a week to upgrade their gears. After that, they have no reason to play (aside from PvPing or doing GDN weekly) and forum will start being flooded with people asking "when is DDN? GIVE NAO!!!1!!!"

Edited by Kamosuzo, 19 July 2013 - 01:33 AM.

#9 Alscyone

Alscyone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1837 posts
  • Alscyone
  • DN, Holywood
  • YukiKage

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostVipersFang, on 18 July 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Posted Image

Why did the potential change?

#10 tonyostark

tonyostark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Bokku, Ramh, Kiouh
  • DN, Holywood
  • Relinquish

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostCityConnection, on 19 July 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

well as far as i know we just need to wait for the dungeons that are dropping the suffix 3 to appear before we can exchange using goddess breath so no point adding  Pacultas Mutant II into the end dungeon treasure box (:])

PS: imagine after u fully geared up and excess Pacultas Mutant II keeps on appear when u clear dungeons (:>)

View PostKamosuzo, on 19 July 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

The only reason I can think of why CC made those Mutant II drop rate ridiculously low is to give us something to do while they preparing for the next big content (DDN).

Imagine if everyone manage to get hold of Suffix II materials easily, for hardcore players it will only took them less than a week to upgrade their gears. After that, they have no reason to play (aside from PvPing or doing GDN weekly) and forum will start being flooded with people asking "when is DDN? GIVE NAO!!!1!!!"

I completely agree with the two of you. That's what I was thinking when I said it'd be too much of babysitting. But if they lower the drop rate even more and put it in chests, there might be a higher demand on magni's. Oh and isn't suffix II already available in goddess breath shop?

PS. To make it clear (and if ever I sound defensive), I'm not defending my point, just brainstorming :)

#11 Fujibayashii

Fujibayashii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1468 posts
  • Korean
  • DN, Westwood
  • Athens

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

I kinda agree with this. But at the same time i dont because magnis are one of the biggest causes of gold inflation.

#12 Yotomori

Yotomori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1453 posts
  • Hiszuka
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostVipersFang, on 18 July 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Posted Image

(clap) nice

#13 lazerhand

lazerhand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2313 posts
  • AS, OBT

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

12 Breath/3 Days DQ = 1 Mutant II
5 Days DQ - 1 extra Mutant II

So, not from farm - 3 Mutant II per week

Edited by lazerhand, 21 July 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#14 tonyostark

tonyostark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Bokku, Ramh, Kiouh
  • DN, Holywood
  • Relinquish

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

regarding Pacultas Mutant II still appearing on gold chests even when it's not needed anymore, I still think it's not that bad esp for people (like me) who'll always have something to put a suffix on.

This suggestion is coming from someone who can't even complete 3 DQ's a week especially with the heavy school work load so I'm speaking for the least hardcore players out there. (:])

#15 Malygris

Malygris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8026 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Holywood
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

View Posttonyostark, on 18 July 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

I'm a cleric (inqui/cruasder). I can't solo it as efficient as you can even if we have the same gears.

and I think it would be counter-productve to do so.
sure you can. (:])

just quit before the boss part to save time if you're out of FTG and don't mind not getting the bunny.