[Guide] Koon's Lvl60 Hybrid Burst Build (Million Dmg Dps)

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#1 PallyKoon

PallyKoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Koon
  • DN, Springwood
  • Steel

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

First of all, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the fellow crusaders who inspired me to make this guide. Thank you so much for your patience, I know I was pretty slow this time in making a new guide.

Well, now...lets sit back and enjoy this video before we moving onto this so called Hybrid Burst Build :)

Table of Contents

1. Foreword

2. Concept of Hybrid Burst Build

3. Keys for Hybrid Burst Build
3.1 Light Attack %
3.2 STR:INT Ratio
3.3 Crit
3.4 Final Damage
3.5 Mana Regeneration.

4. Koon's Current Equipments

5. Koon's Plates and  Accessories

6. Koon's PVE and PVP Skill Builds

1. Foreword- Being MODERATE is the key

I changed my build from Wind+INT to FULL INT a few weeks after the release of lvl60 patch, and then, to FULL BEAR.

The main reason of doing these experiments was because that I wanted to experience both of the pros and cons of INT and Bear Burst Builds. However, in the end, none of them suited my style.

Full Int's burst damage was not up to mark, while Bear gave me a nightmare with pathetic mana pool and disappointing damage without DA+JP (especially in ladder). And so I started thinking- "Is it possible for crusader to enjoy the best of both worlds?"

I tried to strike a balance between STR or INT, and finally discovered that a ratio of 3:2 (STR : INT) is the best combination for me. It not only enables me to unleash the potential of hybrid crusader, but also allows me to fight pretty well without over relying on DA+JP.

Here I present you my new build- Hybrid Burst. :)

2. Concept of Hybrid Burst Build

Level 60 is a whole new era for Crusaders, with higher stats from Suffix II, we are actually able to deal more damage under the blessing of DA and JP buffs. Unlike most of the skills in Dragon Nest, the effects of these buffs are based on STR and INT stats, they are also the CORE of lvl60 or future crusader dps.

I know some people might be complaining,"But crusader is a magical class! Now you say I don't need Matk anymore?"

Yes and no.

Although most of our dps skills like charge bolt, zap and holy relic are magical skills, our SOURCE and CORE of matk do not come from direct pumping. In other words, if you really want to push crusader's potential to a new height, never gear yourself like a ML or Majesty. Go for STR and INT stats, because we have DA and JP.

Besides, by using this build, you will be able to overcome the restriction of low weapon damage, which means--- if you have hybrid build with 2 INT suffix II +8 weapons, and your friend has the same build with 2 INT suffix II +10 weapons, your burst dmg will be VERY similar to his.

Posted Image
Caption: DA+JP without 3rd party buff

Pros and Cons of Hybrid Burst Build

Pros:

1. Less restriction in weapons' enhance level.
2. Overcome mana pool and low dmg (without DA+JP) probs in STR burst build
3. Overcome low burst dmg prob in INT burst build
4. High burst dmg and decent normal dmg

Cons:

1. Expensive 3rd stat crit heraldry needed
2. Perfect potentials (4.5% STR/ 3.5%INT) needed

3.1 Keys for Hybrid Burst Build-  78% Light

Light is another form of Final Damage and there's no cap for elemental attack %, you should get as much light attack as you can.

- Titles: Overcome Limit or Gigantomakia 5%
- Skill Ring: Conviction Aura lvl4 30%
- Skill Ring: 3.54% x 2
- Brilliant Star Fragment Ring: 2% x 2
- Potential: 8% x 4

Total Light Attack= 78.08%

3.2 Keys for Hybrid Burst Build-  STR: INT ratio= 3:2 (Adjustable)

Firstly, this ratio is actually adjustable. You can even have a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 if you have enough INT to support your mana pool. However, pls be reminded that going too far into str will weaken your normal dmg, so you must strike a balance between them, make sure the ratio suits your playing style.

Posted Image
Caption:Different Buff Conditions

Posted Image
Caption: With Battle Howl and Striking.

Secondly, getting STR is easier than getting INT. Look at our potential and suffix II, you will discover why we should prioritize STR over INT.

Posted Image
Caption: Suffix II offers more STR than INT on same piece of gear.

3.3 Keys for Hybrid Burst Build-  27k Crit

27k crit rate gives us about 70% crit chance. There's no need to overkill our crit rate and make it 33k, do remember that we still have merc and archer buffs around, so 25k-27k crit is more than enough.

Use crit skill ring to boost your crit, avoid those with Matk. While Conviction skill ring is a must.

FOUR lvl60 3rd stat crit plates, TWO lvl50 3rd stat crit plates and ONE lvl60 fatal plate are enough for us to reach 27k crit.

Use flail and 5 Honorable Tribe gears for more crit bonuses.

3.4 Keys for Hybrid Burst Build-  Final Damage

Although final Damage is one of the least important factors for crusaders at lvl60, it still helps to boost your damage. 5 Honorable Tribe gears + 2 bloody fighter weapon is the best combination so far. However, using bloody fighter weapon will only boosts your damage for about 4%. If you are going to resell your weapons in future, Honorable Tribe weapons may have better resell value.

3.5 Keys for Hybrid Burst Build-  Mana Regeneration

More STR means less INT and mana. Similar to STR burst build, energy plates come in handy for hybrid build too.

4. Koon's Current Equipments

Honorable Tribe Galero Bear Suffix II (4.5% Str/ 3.5% INT/ 6.5%HP)
Honorable Tribe Armor Bear Suffix II (4.5% Str/ 3.5% INT/ 6.5%HP)
Honorable Tribe Trouser Bear Suffix II (4.5% Str/ 3.5% INT/ 6.5%HP)
Honorable Tribe Armor Will Suffix II (4.5% Str/ 3.5% INT/ 6.5%HP)
Honorable Tribe Armor Bear/Int Suffix II (4.5% Str/ 3.5% INT/ 6.5%HP)
Honorable Tribe/ Bloody Fighter/ Green Dragon weapons Int Suffix II (4.5% Str/ 3.5% INT/ 8% light)

Bloody fighter weapons- offers 267 FD, about 4% increment in overall dmg output.
Honorable Tribe weapons- offers extra Matk, good resell value.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Caption: Failed to enhance both of my honorable tribe weapons to +12, so I'm still using my old hero weapons. :(

5. Koon's Plates and  Accessories

Hybrid burst build has almost 0 AGI, that means we'll have to source our crit from heraldry plates and rings.

Posted Image
Caption: 3rd stat crit plates are experience, but they worth the investment.

I'm using the following skill plates:

a. Smite +20% dmg
b. Holy Relic +20% dmg
c. Charge Bolt +20% dmg
d. Judgement Power +20% duration (+8 secs)
e. Gravity Ball

Posted Image
Caption: Still working on the potentials of my accessories.

I'm currently using:

a. Smite Necklace: Some says that judgement power is better, but what is the point for having longer duration while your skills are all on CD? I did some skill rotation test with JP, even with skill necklace and plate on, we are only able to cast 2 smites, 1 zap....3 holy relics.... if you are fast enough.
b. Heal Earrings: lvl 11 Heal works better than lvl 17 Holy Relic.
c. Charge Bolt Ring: Personal preference, you can change it to anything else.
d. Conviction Aura Ring: A must have for all the crusaders.

6. Koon's PVE and PVP Builds

PVE

Posted Image

PVP

Posted Image

###

Edited by PallyKoon, 09 August 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#2 PallyKoon

PallyKoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Koon
  • DN, Springwood
  • Steel

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

Reserved for.....i don't know = = just wanna to reserve it...

#3 ShaunShaunShaun3

ShaunShaunShaun3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9723 posts
  • Elfsia (Elestra)
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

hi koon :D

#4 PallyKoon

PallyKoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Koon
  • DN, Springwood
  • Steel

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

hi Shaun (hat) thanks for free bump! (up)

#5 chihaya

chihaya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Enlil
  • DN, Westwood
  • The sole w3wsader of Diamonds (//_^) (ret.) They found another w3wsader

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hooray new guide grats Koon! (:D) Does this mean INT stacking isn't a good idea any more? My Int is higher than Str and getting suffix reset cubes are (T.T)

#6 PallyKoon

PallyKoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Koon
  • DN, Springwood
  • Steel

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

Thank Chihaya san. (;])

INT is still good, but Hybrid Build with STR as main dish is stronger in my opinion.

#7 chihaya

chihaya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Enlil
  • DN, Westwood
  • The sole w3wsader of Diamonds (//_^) (ret.) They found another w3wsader

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostPallyKoon, on 08 August 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Thank Chihaya san. (;])

INT is still good, but Hybrid Build with STR as main dish is stronger in my opinion.
I see. Ok thanks I'll now make plans for suffix reset it will take awhile tho the cubes aren't the problem but the suffix mats (:D)

Edited by chihaya, 08 August 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#8 Cephisso

Cephisso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts
  • ShockSpin, Acacai
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

NIce, then my plan on using GDN L weaps + shoes (+ 4 HT armor) might be a nice move too.

#9 PallyKoon

PallyKoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Koon
  • DN, Springwood
  • Steel

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

L weapons (love) I also want those bonus str

#10 tonyostark

tonyostark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Bokku, Ramh, Kiouh
  • DN, Holywood
  • Relinquish

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for the awesome guide Koon!

I suppose you are more into damaging but do you tank as well? (some nest mechanics kinda call for the need for tanks) How are you keeping up with more dps-oriented chars and how do you find your niche in raid/nest parties? Guardians can be better tanks and there are those jobs that are more suited for damaging. How do we crusaders fit in?

#11 PallyKoon

PallyKoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Koon
  • DN, Springwood
  • Steel

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

Ya, I do.

To be frank, guardian is so much better than crusader (in tanking) due to their EX skills, but their dmg output is below the par, so you seldom see them in a 4man nest party......discriminations do exist....

For 8man nest, Crusader too can be a main tank, but you'll need an other set of equipments to raise your survivability. I used to bring 2 set of equipments (1 int set for dps and 1 vit set for tanking) with me when I was lvl50, I found myself pretty comfortable in GDN.

Talking about dmg output, crusader is still pretty awesome in 8man nest. Although we can't beat arty or SS in dps, our buffs and debuffs like Armor break, Conviction Aura and Elemental Aura are still very helpful to the raid group. I believe ppl who can see these potentials will certainly reserve a spot for us :)

#12 tonyostark

tonyostark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Bokku, Ramh, Kiouh
  • DN, Holywood
  • Relinquish

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

BTW, what' "JP after DA " in one of your series of screenshots? Does that mean the sequence in casting DA and JP matters?

PS oh and have you considered twisted accessories?

Edited by tonyostark, 09 August 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#13 PallyKoon

PallyKoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Koon
  • DN, Springwood
  • Steel

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

'JP after DA' is the left-over effect of JP, after DA is gone.

Nope....cause they don't have enough crit and light attack% :( its set bonus doesn't look too good to me.

Edited by PallyKoon, 09 August 2013 - 01:18 AM.

#14 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5368 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • ~♥SabahGuild♥~

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

View Posttonyostark, on 09 August 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

BTW, what' "JP after DA " in one of your series of screenshots? Does that mean the sequence in casting DA and JP matters?

PS oh and have you considered twisted accessories?

Yes, the casting sequence of DA and JP matters.

Since JP takes it's bonus from your current STR and INT stats (not your unbuffed stats), therefore casting DA first before JP is a must due to the +300/330% STR and INT that DA gives. After DA expires, the JP buff that remains still use the DA STR and INT values for it's bonus.

Whereas if you cast JP first then DA you get really small boost due to JP boost being based on your unbuffed stats instead of the DA-enhanced stats.

Edited by Vaporizer, 09 August 2013 - 03:30 AM.

#15 KOTiger

KOTiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:32 AM

yeah hi Koon
thanks for ur guides i really appreciate it..
this is my first post coz i dont really  talk that much but
there are 2 things about ur guides in general
1- you keep talking about DPS when u are using DA which is at finest 45 sec with JP.
2- many of ur vids and pics are with a howler and preist ... for me as a crusader looking to nest with random ppl all i get is kicking out of pt no matter how DPS i get i mean once i went to DQ with howler preist and smasher i got nearly 850k dmg

my point is crusaders are being hated from parties
thank you
big fan :D

#16 PallyKoon

PallyKoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Koon
  • DN, Springwood
  • Steel

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostVaporizer, on 09 August 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

Yes, the casting sequence of DA and JP matters.

Since JP takes it's bonus from your current STR and INT stats (not your unbuffed stats), therefore casting DA first before JP is a must due to the +300/330% STR and INT that DA gives. After DA expires, the JP buff that remains still use the DA STR and INT values for it's bonus.

Whereas if you cast JP first then DA you get really small boost due to JP boost being based on your unbuffed stats instead of the DA-enhanced stats.

Exactly, I still see a lot of crusaders who cast JP before DA (tense)

#17 w000tz

w000tz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5982 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

I am inspired to continue my Crusader because of this, but gearing my inqui alone is hell of a pain. (sorry)

#18 KabesangTales

KabesangTales

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

View Postw000tz, on 09 August 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

I am inspired to continue my Crusader because of this, but gearing my inqui alone is hell of a pain. (sorry)

You can share there equips (:D)

#19 PallyKoon

PallyKoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Koon
  • DN, Springwood
  • Steel

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postw000tz, on 09 August 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Same here....Crusader is a luxury class = = it has been a while since the release of lvl60 patch, but I still haven't finished upgrading my gears (T.T)

#20 LexAzrael

LexAzrael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6284 posts
  • LexAzrael
  • DN, Springwood
  • Guildmaster of Arsonists/AS Beta Tester

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

One thing to note, even with the concept of 6, 11, 16 and 21 skill damage burst, Smite doesn't actually have a good skill damage burst at level 11.
The 5 second additional duration of JP can probably help you deal more DPS since you still experience the increase of DA + JP during that time.
Probably can still hammer some mobs or charge bolt them or something