[Conceptual Guide] Understanding Your Combos: Progressive Conceptual Guide For Acrobats

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#21 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Officially Quitting the Game

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostVareona, on 28 August 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

This line is perfect.
[/center]
.. for new acrobats to learn picking up acro PvP!

Many times I see acrobats who memorize/imitate certain fixed combos without actually grasping the foundation of comboing. Like chaining CK right after SV but not considering the risk of being hit by wake attack if the opponent isn't lifted high enough (could be done by casting KnS/Low Spin Kick/SK in between or casting CK midway SV). Or hitting CK by circling around and losing many hits because the enemy is lifted too high. (sorry)

A little to add regarding the height levels:
When comboing, you'd like to have the feather (aka opponent) falling or changing levels smoothly.

Eg: 2 (mid) > 3 (high) > 2 (mid) > 1 (ground) > 2 (mid) > etc etc.

- By doing this you can chain your skills more smoothly and not waste potential hits/damage; CK (2 > 2 > 3 > 2 > 1), BK EX + Lift + Pounce ( 2 > 3 > 3 > 2 > 2/1)
- The exception to change the target from extreme levels  (3 to 1 or vice versa) is if you have skills that can do just that; ED (3/2 > 1), ED EX (3/2 > 1 > 2), Moon Kick (3/2 > 1 > 2 > 3), etc

Every time the oppoent drops to the ground, pick it up ASAP and bring it back to the higher levels to avoid the opponent to retaliate with wake attack

And nice work (clap)

(:[) Vareona, I need your help. I know you're a Windwalker so could you do the honor of demonstrating every possible concept from this guide that will also be applicable with Windwalkers (be it basic or advanced)? I couldn't check them out for my self since I only got one character and it is a Tempest. I just couldn't find time to raise a level 60 Windwalker. Please do the honor. I know there will be more helpful and cooler stuffs given that you have showtime. (love)

Edited by TheWarriorHero, 29 September 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#22 Malygris

Malygris

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12817 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostTheWarriorHero, on 27 September 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

I'm sorry for pulling them out right away. I was so scared when I learned that google can really spy on people that I decided to delete my previous account. Haha. Guess I'm a little paranoid. I'm wishing you well on your acrobat journey and may my little way be of great help to you. Have a good evening.
well, if i were the 3rd Reich i'd be cautious too.

thanks for the re-upload!

when i watched idol Wolf in ladder my WW was just around 16xx at that time. after i ustilized what i learned from idol Wolf i managed to get to 17xx-18xx. hopefully with your excellent videos i can get to 2xxx. (:])

#23 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostMalygris, on 29 September 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

well, if i were the 3rd Reich i'd be cautious too.

thanks for the re-upload!

when i watched idol Wolf in ladder my WW was just around 16xx at that time. after i ustilized what i learned from idol Wolf i managed to get to 17xx-18xx. hopefully with your excellent videos i can get to 2xxx. (:])

(:D) Wow. It's really great to know that you're a Windwalker. That means you can abuse some passive-skills for certain concepts that are limited with Tempests. Those guys can really play good as I have seen them fight in PVP. Always great to discover new ideas from other people.  Well, I do wish you well.

Take care man.

#24 Vareona

Vareona

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Vareona
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NoPantsu

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostTheWarriorHero, on 29 September 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

(:[) Vareona, I need your help. I know you're a Windwalker so could you do the honor of demonstrating every possible concept from this guide that will also be applicable with Windwalkers (be it basic or advanced)? I couldn't check them out for my self since I only got one character and it is a Tempest. I just couldn't find time to raise a level 60 Windwalker. Please do the honor. I know there will be more helpful and cooler stuffs given that you have showtime. (love)
I'd really like to, but unfortunately I'm currently using a laptop to play, and I get some significant FPS drops whenever I record which hinders me playing optimally (sorry)

I could do a combo practice vid though, since timing isn't much of a issue there. I'll still try to get some recording on actual matches anyhow, just that it'll be a little bit hard to not do mistakes with some graphic lag.

OT: @maly what's your WW ign, have we met? xD

Edited by Vareona, 30 September 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#25 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostVareona, on 30 September 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

I'd really like to, but unfortunately I'm currently using a laptop to play, and I get some significant FPS drops whenever I record which hinders me playing optimally (sorry)

I could do a combo practice vid though, since timing isn't much of a issue there. I'll still try to get some recording on actual matches anyhow, just that it'll be a little bit hard to not do mistakes with some graphic lag.

Alright! Yes! I really appreciate it and I'm just so excited!
Thanks Vareona.  Have a nice week ahead.

#26 Malygris

Malygris

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 12817 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

hitler being nice. the world has gone mad. (:D)

View PostVareona, on 30 September 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

my WW's name is Killraven. so yeah, i am hoping she lives to her name. (:D)

hmm... i don't think we have met in-game.

#27 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostMalygris, on 30 September 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

hitler being nice. the world has gone mad. br=

my WW's name is Killraven. so yeah, i am hoping she lives to her name. br=
hmm... i don't think we have met in-game.

(:D) I decided to behave for good.
Now I also added some defensive maneuvers and the only thing that's lacking is Vareona's demonstration which will come in no time to make this guide complete..

Vareona, we are excited to see you. (:D)

#28 Malygris

Malygris

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 12817 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostTheWarriorHero, on 01 October 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

behave= I decided to behave for good.
Now I also added some defensive maneuvers and the only thing that's lacking is Vareona's demonstration which will come in no time to make this guide complete..
(:D) well, that's good!

a new video? great! thanks! downloading...

#29 Malygris

Malygris

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 12817 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

i has a question: i have read that acros should use (abuse?) spirit show in pvp. how exactly is it done? thanks!

#30 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostMalygris, on 03 October 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

i has a question: i have read that acros should use (abuse?) spirit show in pvp. how exactly is it done? thanks!

Check this out. I couldn't play lately because it's too laggy and I get so many evil haters cursing and trashtalking me in game. Haha. But try to observe what Timeless had done here.

#31 Malygris

Malygris

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 12817 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

downloading. thanks!

hey i've been in a pvp mission room where everyone was hell bent on killing priests. i killed them all. (:D)

#32 Vareona

Vareona

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Vareona
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NoPantsu

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostMalygris, on 03 October 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Basically use it on low SA opponent (150x2 SA break), which will then induce heavy flinch state. After that you can do similar tricks as with multi shot, like twin shot or two normal attacks for knock down,  pulling with the usual binding shot, hitting with spiral kick (will knock down opponent upon full hit) or straight lift with the EX version for WW's, or even eagle dive/ed ex.

I believe Falala used many heavy flinch tricks on his showmatch with Kyame and Axire, so you can check those out.

And here's a recording of my combo practice. I did have some mistakes due to slight lag, and sorry for the low res (sorry)

Edited by Vareona, 04 October 2013 - 02:48 AM.

#33 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostVareona, on 03 October 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Basically use it on low SA opponent (150x2 SA break), which will then induce heavy flinch state. After that you can do similar tricks as with multi shot, like twin shot or two normal attacks for knock down,  pulling with the usual binding shot, hitting with spiral kick (will knock down opponent upon full hit) or straight lift with the EX version for WW's, or even eagle dive/ed ex.

I believe Falala used many heavy flinch tricks on his showmatch with Kyame and Axire, so you can check those out.

And here's a recording of my combo practice. I did have some mistakes due to slight lag, and sorry for the low res (sorry)

Thanks Vareona. I included it on the post. This will be a very good demo for Windwalkers...
It's always great to see how Windwalkers float so gracefully with ease. Cool.

#34 gongtie1

gongtie1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

you cant do that normal atk liftt on real opponents. The bot in combo practice has lower SA thus u are able to do that lift. Spirit shot + 1 normal atk knockdown the mob whereas u will need 2 normal atk to knockdwn real opponents.

Edited by gongtie1, 04 October 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#35 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostMalygris, on 03 October 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

downloading. thanks!

hey i've been in a pvp mission room where everyone was hell bent on killing priests. i killed them all. %20br=

Hahaha and=
I am really a group -pvp-oriented player. I learned and picked everything that I know from playing in endless rooms. LOL. I don't know why but group pvp is really fun. Even if there's someone trashtalking there, it appears funny but it would be freaking annoying should it happen during a 1v1 battle.  

By the way, I am mastering something like "QUICK DESCENT" technique.

They say the more time you spend on the air, the less chances you get to land your skills. The process basically utilizes Air Pounce during Chain Trampoline or Tip Tops to accelerate your descent. Then it will be quickly followed by .any skill of your preference.  It's quiet useful.

And I don't know your preference with Heraldries but 20% chain trampoline cooldown is really useful.

Edited by TheWarriorHero, 05 October 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#36 Meteorite

Meteorite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2510 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • w3w

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Just a tip. Don't use Spiral Vortex when the enemy is still too high above you. There may be chances that it will only give 2 hits.

#37 Vareona

Vareona

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Vareona
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NoPantsu

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostTheWarriorHero, on 04 October 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Thanks Vareona. I included it on the post. This will be a very good demo for Windwalkers...
It's always great to see how Windwalkers float so gracefully with ease. Cool.
No problem. (:])

View Postgongtie1, on 04 October 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

you cant do that normal atk liftt on real opponents. The bot in combo practice has lower SA thus u are able to do that lift. Spirit shot + 1 normal atk knockdown the mob whereas u will need 2 normal atk to knockdwn real opponents.
Where you referring to my vid? Or warrior's?

I'm aware that the bot has lower SA than normal people, but that's on standing state. The normal attack I did after Twin Shot was on a falling down state opponent, which bot or not will still have the same amount of SA which is 0, as far as I know.

View PostMeteorite, on 04 October 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Just a tip. Don't use Spiral Vortex when the enemy is still too high above you. There may be chances that it will only give 2 hits.
Thanks for tipping. I did notice that for sometime now during practicing. As you can see the first Vortex only did 3 hits, while the second one did a full 8 hits. So there's quite a timing needed to cast it to get all hits. Although casting it too late would risk into combo breakage if SV doesn't lift high enough and willow won't be able to hit properly unless casted midway SV. I might add some comments in the vid.

#38 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postgongtie1, on 04 October 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Uhm...

#39 gongtie1

gongtie1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

View PostTheWarriorHero, on 05 October 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

so was there a lift? srry the video was unclear.

@Vareona. I was referring to warrior's video, not yours, srry i didnt specify

#40 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

View Postgongtie1, on 06 October 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

so was there a lift? srry the video was unclear.

@Vareona. I was referring to warrior's video, not yours, srry i didnt specify

-_-

Edited by TheWarriorHero, 06 October 2013 - 05:57 AM.