Jump to content


[Conceptual Guide] Understanding Your Combos: Progressive Conceptual Guide For Acrobats


  • Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#81 Malygris

Malygris

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12818 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostMeteorite, on 05 December 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

Yes they are but you must react fast to cancel it.

Not all the time. She can disable you with Frozen Spikes EX.

Tip: Abuse SK EX's long i-frame. It dodges most Elestra's Skills (Don't do it in Showtime tho. It burns a lot of mana)

Edit: I forgot you're a PLDT user like me (sorry) Goodluck on abusing i-frames
i can play well if ping is around 50 ms, like what miraculously happened tonight, so i went to ladder immediately.

my problem is that until now i am unfamiliar with most acro skills. i make n00b mistakes like using ED on a merc casting circle swing. (:D) and you guessed it: i also don't know which acro skills have iframes in PVP.

#82 Meteorite

Meteorite

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2510 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • w3w

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

^

Ok, let me list it down:

Archer:
Tumble / Urgency Trick = when your feet are not on the floor.
Aerial Evasion = self-explanatory I guess..
Pin Wheel = all the kicking part. If the spinning kick has stopped, i-frame is gone (that's why it's recommended to use Tip Tops immediately)

Acrobat:
Spiral Kick / EX = whole spinning part (there is an animation when Acro is just sliding on the floor. that has no i-frame)
= the right click (flip) has i-frame
Kick and Shot = some claim that the flipping part has short i-frame time
Double Somersault Kick = whole skill
Circle Shot = when the arrows are not yet released (also recommended to chain with tip tops in tight situations)
Counter Ring Shot = same as circle shot but has lesser i-frame time
Chain Trampoline = whole skill until she regains her standard battle position. (when her knee is a little bit bent, that has still i-frame)
Tip Tops = when she turns her body, that has i-frame. there is a short i-frame time after that turning and she loses it for some milliseconds i think.
Spiral Edge = whole casting time i-framed. idk at the landing part tho, it's tricky to know. (i was time stopped one time when i was nearly on the ground. gravity switch and gravity ascension can cancel spiral edge too)

Windwalker:

Rising storm = when she is about to spread her legs. if she already gives damage or the wind animation is being shown already, i-frame is automatically converted to SA

Sorry if i forgot some (:])

#83 Falala

Falala

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Falala
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Ouraslayer

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

I present to you a (carrot)   for your hard work (;])

#84 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Officially Quitting the Game

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

I want to add another trick but I'm having trouble getting a decent demo because of what's going on after the maintenance. This "flash trick" will really help with regards to execution of your combos because it will deal with speed making your moves really flashy as you execute your combos.

@Falala

Hey! Thank you for the carrot!! I miss sending your character some agates!! class=

Edited by TheWarriorHero, 11 December 2013 - 05:40 AM.


#85 Falala

Falala

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Falala
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Ouraslayer

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

Oh yes, you may want to change a few things...
Acro's do have a good mobility, but certainly not the most. BD tops acros easily in terms of mobility, and I think Glad's have that slight step ahead with front shove ex

The part on baiting/feinting might be a bit too advance for beginners who are introduced to comboing... Sure I understand in today's pvp requirements, it is important to bait your opponents skills first but... baby steps eh?


If I may intrude on your thread, I would like to add that combos should be focused heavily first instead of mixing them with other pvp factors (skill knowledges, i-frames, sa, what not). This to ensure that every acro can at least perform a combo that never ends until the opponent dies at least, instead of a half baked combo mixture with everything else producing a half baked acro.

Combos in itself has a very strong foundation level that every acro must understand and its roots go even deeper when you add the different varities of combos you can execute based on what you're aiming to do. The following below are just some of the areas which I can think of the top of my head now to better understand :
  • DPS or CD concern?
  • Positioning
  • Teamplay
Another which isn't really mentioned are your hotkey settings. Unless you want to strain yourself, hotkeys should be positioned around your movement WASD keys. This cannot be ignored, and is strongly recommended for every class that wants to perform better in pvp. You can also be creative and use ESDF as your movement keys which gives you extra keys on the left side for you to bind your skills with.

Ideally, it is generally better to put skills which you will use a lot or require an instantaneous response (HD) onto your main hotkey tab. Anything which you feel can be placed onto the 2nd tab (buffs, heraldry skills, etc) should be placed there. Experiment with it, everyone has a different ideal setting to go with.

There, and here's the tldr

tldr: (:D)

Edited by Falala, 11 December 2013 - 04:24 AM.


#86 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Officially Quitting the Game

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostFalala, on 11 December 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

Oh yes, you may want to change a few things...
Acro's do have a good mobility, but certainly not the most. BD tops acros easily in terms of mobility, and I think Glad's have that slight step ahead with front shove ex

The part on baiting/feinting might be a bit too advance for beginners who are introduced to comboing... Sure I understand in today's pvp requirements, it is important to bait your opponents skills first but... baby steps eh?


If I may intrude on your thread, I would like to add that combos should be focused heavily first instead of mixing them with other pvp factors (skill knowledges, i-frames, sa, what not). This to ensure that every acro can at least perform a combo that never ends until the opponent dies at least, instead of a half baked combo mixture with everything else producing a half baked acro.

Combos in itself has a very strong foundation level that every acro must understand and its roots go even deeper when you add the different varities of combos you can execute based on what you're aiming to do. The following below are just some of the areas which I can think of the top of my head now to better understand :
  • DPS or CD concern?
  • Positioning
  • Teamplay
Another which isn't really mentioned are your hotkey settings. Unless you want to strain yourself, hotkeys should be positioned around your movement WASD keys. This cannot be ignored, and is strongly recommended for every class that wants to perform better in pvp. You can also be creative and use ESDF as your movement keys which gives you extra keys on the left side for you to bind your skills with.

Ideally, it is generally better to put skills which you will use a lot or require an instantaneous response (HD) onto your main hotkey tab. Anything which you feel can be placed onto the 2nd tab (buffs, heraldry skills, etc) should be placed there. Experiment with it, everyone has a different ideal setting to go with.

There, and here's the tldr

tldr: br=


I understand that I should have started by letting them know about SA's and i-frames but I realized that maybe these things could be really self-explanatory. But since you already mentioned about it, I will add it on the beginning to make the guide more effective for people who really have no idea about such stuffs since these things will really help.

If you can do feinting using baby steps, imagine what you can do using your actual skills. It is the concept that matters and it is from these concepts where a person grows in learning. ( :D)These things aren't really specific since I don't want to induced any hint of "superiority" among other players given that everyone is unique.

I do understand that there are definitely specifics about using an acrobat and that is why I refer to this guide as "conceptual" which means that despite of the the spontaneous nature of the game, the knowledge will remain useful because it is perceived as concepts. Progression and adaptation must be trusted on the effort of the player for I do not want to measure the capability of other people by comparing them to that of my own for everyone is free and unique. One thing about a person may not mean anything for the world while it means more than the world for him.  (sob)

I really don't want to indirectly refer to others as half-baked just because I am fooling my self by thinking that I am on a higher level. Even if this game is spontaneous, it is still under limitations. It has a peak that anyone can reach and where anyone can meet. Anything useful will be useful as long as they are free of arrogance and self-entitlement.

Edited by TheWarriorHero, 11 December 2013 - 06:27 AM.


#87 Malygris

Malygris

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12818 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostMeteorite, on 05 December 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

^

Ok, let me list it down:

Archer:
Tumble / Urgency Trick = when your feet are not on the floor.
Aerial Evasion = self-explanatory I guess..
Pin Wheel = all the kicking part. If the spinning kick has stopped, i-frame is gone (that's why it's recommended to use Tip Tops immediately)

Acrobat:
Spiral Kick / EX = whole spinning part (there is an animation when Acro is just sliding on the floor. that has no i-frame)
= the right click (flip) has i-frame
Kick and Shot = some claim that the flipping part has short i-frame time
Double Somersault Kick = whole skill
Circle Shot = when the arrows are not yet released (also recommended to chain with tip tops in tight situations)
Counter Ring Shot = same as circle shot but has lesser i-frame time
Chain Trampoline = whole skill until she regains her standard battle position. (when her knee is a little bit bent, that has still i-frame)
Tip Tops = when she turns her body, that has i-frame. there is a short i-frame time after that turning and she loses it for some milliseconds i think.
Spiral Edge = whole casting time i-framed. idk at the landing part tho, it's tricky to know. (i was time stopped one time when i was nearly on the ground. gravity switch and gravity ascension can cancel spiral edge too)

Windwalker:

Rising storm = when she is about to spread her legs. if she already gives damage or the wind animation is being shown already, i-frame is automatically converted to SA

Sorry if i forgot some (:])
thank you! thank you! that will help me greatly when i go PVPing this week... provided, of course, there's little lag.

View PostTheWarriorHero, on 10 December 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

I want to add another trick but I'm having trouble getting a decent demo because of what's going on after the maintenance. This "flash trick" will really help with regards to execution of your combos because it will deal with speed making your moves really flashy as you execute your combos.
i eagerly await for that, sir!

#88 Vareona

Vareona

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Vareona
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NoPantsu

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

Regarding baiting and feinting: there are some very WW specific tricks that can be done with BK EX and ED EX. Again, it's very advanced and class-vs-class specific, I'm not sure if it should be included in this "conceptual" guide (shame)

Edited by Vareona, 11 December 2013 - 08:07 AM.


#89 Malygris

Malygris

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12818 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostVareona, on 11 December 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Regarding baiting and feinting: there are some very WW specific tricks that can be done with BK EX and ED EX. Again, it's very advanced and class-vs-class specific, I'm not sure if it should be included in this "conceptual" guide (shame)
show it to me!!! (:D)

#90 Rainer

Rainer

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Feohiro
  • FairyTail

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

reveal the treasure (clap) (clap)

#91 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Officially Quitting the Game

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostVareona, on 11 December 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Regarding baiting and feinting: there are some very WW specific tricks that can be done with BK EX and ED EX. Again, it's very advanced and class-vs-class specific, I'm not sure if it should be included in this "conceptual" guide (shame)

You should film it. I'm gonna post it here since I really don't want to go as far as taking specifics my self and it's nice when someone knows the bottom line of the thread.

#92 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Officially Quitting the Game

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Updated. Sorry for the quality. I hope this  new concept will be helpful to everyone.

Edited by TheWarriorHero, 12 December 2013 - 03:39 PM.


#93 Busra

Busra

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

asdad

#94 fourrier

fourrier

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10248 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

sir how do I combo lagger priest sir (T.T)

#95 rUhm0na

rUhm0na

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • rUhm0na
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Very nice guide.

I actually read most of it. (:])

Maybe because of the writing?

You should become a novelist or something! (;])

#96 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Officially Quitting the Game

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

View Postfourrier, on 15 December 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

sir how do I combo lagger priest sir (T.T)

(T.T)

View PostrUhm0na, on 17 December 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

Very nice guide.

I actually read most of it. (:])

Maybe because of the writing?

You should become a novelist or something! (;])


Thank you for the kind words. (peace)  Though there are typos and careless mistakes, I'm happy you guys appreciate it.

#97 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Officially Quitting the Game

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:29 PM



Check this out guys. I hope Acro's speed will fair well against the swiftness of Assassins!
I am really impressed by how swift and cold-blooded their skills are...

#98 Malygris

Malygris

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12818 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

thanks to this guide, i managed to elevate my ratings to 1900!!!
Posted Image
yes, i am still n00b (given my win rate) so i still need to read guides and practice. (:D)

#99 TheWarriorHero

TheWarriorHero

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Not Playing Anymore
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Officially Quitting the Game

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostMalygris, on 17 December 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

thanks to this guide, i managed to elevate my ratings to 1900!!!
Posted Image
yes, i am still n00b (given my win rate) so i still need to read guides and practice. br=

Wow. Congratulations Malygris! That is so cool! So cool!

#100 Malygris

Malygris

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12818 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostTheWarriorHero, on 17 December 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

Wow. Congratulations Malygris! That is so cool! So cool!
thanks! but my WW Killraven is cute, not cool. (:D)

btw, any tips against Artilleries? i noticed i have low win rate against them. i have trouble getting near them to combo them because they are highly mobile, have exceptional range and TA hax. thanks!