[Fyi] Skills Ranking And Comparison (Updated With 93 Cap Charts)

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#361 Seraphimu

Seraphimu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts
  • Ceraphimu/Seraphimu
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:25 PM

I tried Majesty last night. I'm not very good at it, and I won't be trying any harder due to the limitations it faces in IDN, but I tried it nonetheless.

I concluded that it has a better burst than Smasher, especially so with BT, but you will be giving up your tumble to produce multiple TO EXi. Given the melee nature of TO EXi, you are also given a very small margin of error when it comes to positioning your orbs and yourself. It was inevitable to lose damage from time to time in IDN as bosses are really mobile.
Unfortunately the only screenshot I have of a DPS recording is DDL HC first boss.
Posted Image
In comparison, I've only reached up to 75m DPS on Smasher as I'm unable to skip the mech. With Majesty's burst it's quite easy to achieve higher dps from skipping mechs. It's only practical if you're over geared doing 4-man nests.

(I believe I had taken a screenie of IDN performance but I can't find it for some reason)
In IDN, with the same line up, I did 70m overall DPS as a Maj but 98m on Smasher. I recognize the potential of Majesties, but perhaps I'm less suited for it this time.

Edited by Seraphimu, 04 October 2016 - 03:26 PM.

#362 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:38 PM

View PostSeraphimu, on 04 October 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

~

I guess always at the beginning of caps consistent DPS classes out-perform bursts because of the high hp of the nests with respect to gears being used. Arti and BD always seem so good at the beginning of caps too, but by the time we start getting more IDNL gears, I can already guess Arti will die again because of their slow casts while burst classes can just blitz through the HP.

I guess Majesties will fare better than now around mid-93 cap as compared to Smashers. At 90 cap beginning Smashers were quite liked too, but later on they died out because of other classes' burst potentials (tense) Tho back then Maj were even more dead but at least this time they have some burst to rely on.

#363 GreyRobin

GreyRobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

View PostSeraphimu, on 04 October 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

I tried Majesty last night. I'm not very good at it, and I won't be trying any harder due to the limitations it faces in IDN, but I tried it nonetheless.

In IDN, with the same line up, I did 70m overall DPS as a Maj but 98m on Smasher. I recognize the potential of Majesties, but perhaps I'm less suited for it this time.

Thanks for trying!! ^_^ (*cough cough* gear me and we can duo stuff *cough cough* or give me priority to buy IDNHC runs *cough COUGH*)

Also there's this: TOExi double-cast in ABN HC

http://imgur.com/WY8tFmd

Clearly double-cast of Exi is NOT a bug. If it were a 'ghost' skill like people claim, I would not have been able to reach a 28 combo. (as you can tell I only have my weapons on, no gems or anything so I had to be extra cautious. It's relatively easy to reach full hits, at least for me.........XD)

I really don't have the time or patience to prove my claims or to prove people wrong. Don't take it personally guys, I've been Majesty for years. Hopefully this post should be sufficient evidence that I know what I'm doing/talking about........................

#364 Naos

Naos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostGreyRobin, on 04 October 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

TOEXI is NOT a bug.........GSphere hits multiple times, and therefor resets the CD multiple times. Just because YOU lag or are unable to consistently double-cast does not mean that it's a bug. I'll give you an analogy so you can understand how it works.

When you use a dark skill with multiple hits, like GB, it causes the 10s +30% dark buff to refresh it's duration on each hit. This means that if you throw out GB parallel to the ground, it will move through the boss, then explode, possibly hitting 5 times. The entire attack will last 2-3s from time of cast. At the end of the last explosion, you can see that the dark buff will still say that it has a 10s duration.

The same is true for Exi. The skill's CD is reset EVERY hit of GSphere. This means that if GSphere hits 4x, that the exi cd is reset 4x. If you were to cast Exi on the very first hit of GSphere, then you can have the exi reset AGAIN on the 2nd/3rd/4th hits of GSphere.

Like I said, use broken weapons with no crit or dmg or anything, and you will see that RCing GS with +20% damage plate does almost 2x more than ulti. This wouldn't be the case if it only did 14k%% like you claim. Furthermore, EX does a tremendous amount more than non EX, which I checked out when I reset my skills.

Here is my test:

https://www.youtube....h?v=PwI3d1WgprM

First I showed that gravity sphere deals 4 hits. Then i showed that one full triple orbs deals 24 hits.

One triple orbs + gravity sphere will obviously deal 28 hits. If triple orbs double cast is really working, it should deal 52 hits( 24 + 24 + 4), which wasn't the case. Even with the double cast, it only reach a 28 hit combo.

I also casted them separately on the video below to show that the second one doesn't deal damage.

https://www.youtube....h?v=bcXZQDABg9M

If you are still not convinced, you should try it yourself and see if you can reach the 52 hit combo.

Normal Gravity switch deals 3 hits of 20% board damage and a 4th hit of 40%  board damage. The 150% bonus for lowest HP is applied on the last hit and appears as 3 extra hits of 50% board damage.

On ex version, the 80% bonus for clicking will be applied on the last hit as well, and will change the 40% hit into 2 hits of 60% damage.

So the skill's skeleton is:

0.2 > 0.2 > 0.2 >(click) > 0.6 > 0.6 > 0.5 > 0.5 > 0.5  (8 hit combo)

Class mastery will be applied on every hit and will appear as a + damage:

656.6%(+196.98%) > 656.6%(+196.98%) > 656.6%(+196.98%) >(Click) > 1969.8%(+ 590.94%) > 1969.8%(+ 590.94%) > 1641.5%(+492,45%) > 1641,5%(+492,45%) > 1641,5%(+492,45%)

Source: http://www.freedompl...switch-ex-sieg/

Edited by Naos, 06 October 2016 - 08:16 AM.

#365 frapucinos

frapucinos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

I hope Dev bring Time Accerlation EX for smasher. She is a mage of time/space.

Look at this at 1.00.

https://www.youtube....5QQ&spfreload=5

ForceShield should be in the middle like Ele's shield and Time accerlation and EX belongs to Smasher's side of skills.

#366 GreyRobin

GreyRobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

View PostNaos, on 06 October 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

Here is my test:

https://www.youtube....h?v=PwI3d1WgprM

First I showed that gravity sphere deals 4 hits. Then i showed that one full triple orbs deals 24 hits.

One triple orbs + gravity sphere will obviously deal 28 hits. If triple orbs double cast is really working, it should deal 52 hits( 24 + 24 + 4), which wasn't the case. Even with the double cast, it only reach a 28 hit combo.

I also casted them separately on the video below to show that the second one doesn't deal damage.

https://www.youtube....h?v=bcXZQDABg9M

If you are still not convinced, you should try it yourself and see if you can reach the 52 hit combo.

Hello Naos. Please do not mistake this reply as a personal attack (I put quite a bit of sarcasm into some of the screenshots that I've uploaded further down this post).

Good news for you. I was able to replicate the 'ghost' bug. It was relatively easy to replicate. I also, however, have some screenshots of me 'successfully' (<---I'm using that word loosely) double-casting Exi. This might be because I'm in Canada..........so either it's easier for me b/c I lag (doubt it though), or I'm just more used to the motion of the double-cast and buttons needed to be pressed (more likely). I will let my 'art' (<---again, I use that word loosely) to speak for itself.

1) higher than 28hit combo on stationary ABN boss:                       http://imgur.com/cAq6MhM

2) higher than 28hit combo while seperating exi, boss moved:        http://imgur.com/Woy6Ri8

3) higher than 28hit combo on super mobile boss (part 1of2):         http://imgur.com/zHrD9M2

4) near 52hit combo on super mobile boss (part 2of2):                    http://imgur.com/Ji2RGeE

Thank you for your time and insights. Hopefully Devs will fix the 'ghosting' bug and then maybe you'll be able to have both casts hit ^_^. (I'm poking fun at you, not making fun of you :D)

#367 GreyRobin

GreyRobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:17 PM

View Postfrapucinos, on 07 October 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

I hope Dev bring Time Accerlation EX for smasher. She is a mage of time/space.

Look at this at 1.00.

https://www.youtube....5QQ&spfreload=5

ForceShield should be in the middle like Ele's shield and Time accerlation and EX belongs to Smasher's side of skills.

That looks like a mod of some sort ('illegal' in DN terms). Smasher's already have EXTREMELY reduced CD on TA/BT. Forceshield has been nerfed a ton since T5 (can't 'force' the buff to occur anymore T_T) so putting it in middle would mean players wouldn't have to get it.

What would a TA/BT ex even do? give 99%?  Please don't just suggest that something should be changed, and not give an example of change. ^_^

#368 Naos

Naos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

View PostGreyRobin, on 08 October 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

~

That's really incredible!

Why don't you make a video to show us doing that? It would be a great help for the community.

It will take less than 1 minute to record and around 5 minutes to upload.

You can also use the battle training ground which is easier to test combos. The boss is large and immobile, so you can perform any combo you want.

You can talk to Master sorceress Stella to teleport you to Battle traing ground.

#369 frapucinos

frapucinos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

View PostGreyRobin, on 08 October 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

That looks like a mod of some sort ('illegal' in DN terms). Smasher's already have EXTREMELY reduced CD on TA/BT. Forceshield has been nerfed a ton since T5 (can't 'force' the buff to occur anymore T_T) so putting it in middle would mean players wouldn't have to get it.

What would a TA/BT ex even do? give 99%?  Please don't just suggest that something should be changed, and not give an example of change. ^_^

In the past, BT/TA EX dealed damages (from the ground - something like ghosts , having a white color), not just reduced CD. This was the original BT/TA which was released in Dragon Nest during lv.40 cap but it was removed and nerf the damage.

I find Time Acccerlation for smashers is useless now because Bubble Rules. Smashers cannot spamm skills without enough bubbles so having TA is useless. I do not understand why Saleana don't need 30Bubbles to cast LavaRoll. Why elestra does not need 30 bubbles to cast Icicle Injection but Smasher needs 30 bubbles to cast Laser CUtter, which is not strong now....  Smasher has very few attack skills but she is required to have 30bubbles every time to cast those skills. I do not understand why they have this unfair mechanism for Smashers.

LinearRay cannot be used in real life because charging time is longer than Fireball so everyone lv.1 and not even use it on the shortcut keyboard.

NineTail is traditionally equal to Firewall in EVVERY PATCH. Why FireWall EX deals the same DMG as 1 fireball now but NineTail is still very weak?

ForceShield does not deal any damage and Majesty automatically got 1 more attack skill on another skill tree. Force Shield should move to the middle like Elemental Lord's change.   Time Acceleration which deals Damage should be Smasher's skills, like when it was released 1-2 weeks in DN Korea during lv40 cap.

Smasher should be allowed to keep 50-60 bubbles like ELE , not 30. Laser Cutter should not consume bubbles, but allow only 2-3 laser in a field.  LaserRay should be allowed to right click to release all remaining hits, not having to be immobilized for 8-9 secs.

#370 NetherOne

NetherOne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

the table on your first page for FU is gone again. Can you pls help reupload?

#371 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10927 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:36 PM

I can probably add black mara... but Im not sure of her actual coefficients yet... I got the rough table for now...

#372 frapucinos

frapucinos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:55 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=xpbg1wNqDLU

ANother Vdo showing Time Accerlerationwhich dealed damage.

I think it's board damage is about 2.5 times higher than maxed triple orbs at that time...

#373 frapucinos

frapucinos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:15 AM

Another mechanism which should be restored is Elestra s Ice resist% stacking, esp when ice resist becomes self buff.
Kel s info back inT3 eras.

http://forum.mmosite...p4dc91da9c4ed7e

^^  2nd scenario, u cast ice stab (-20%) follow by freezing field (-33%) and icy fraction. Because ur freezing field is at lvl 3, it cannot override the effect caused by ur lvl 6 ice stab, therefore, the ice resist % ll add up to (-53%) when u cast icy fraction.

Therefore, to get higher - ice resist %, u should cast a higher lvl skill follow by a lower lvl skill.
For example, u cast freezing field (lvl 8) then ice stab (lvl 6) then chilling mist (lvl 3), u can get -0.73 %. Imagine if u cast icy fraction after that on the mobs that is weak to ice............^^

Edited by frapucinos, 17 April 2017 - 05:20 AM.

#374 GreyRobin

GreyRobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostNaos, on 08 October 2016 - 10:24 PM, said:

That's really incredible!

Why don't you make a video to show us doing that? It would be a great help for the community.

It will take less than 1 minute to record and around 5 minutes to upload.

You can also use the battle training ground which is easier to test combos. The boss is large and immobile, so you can perform any combo you want.

You can talk to Master sorceress Stella to teleport you to Battle traing ground.

http://forum.cherryc...xi-double-cast/

Decided to make brief guide with video. There's still tons of people unable to double cast.