#41 xxgalzzxx1989

xxgalzzxx1989

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

View Postarvs091, on 26 October 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

I have a feeling that the therapist branch will be more OP, from what I read and understood it has a pet aiding the character. Kinda like the summoner branch in allods, wherein you can command it to attack, tank or defend you, and since I also read that this class has healing capabilities, yup definitely summoner-like in allods.

Gt heal?!!gd definately creating this.a fan of all healing class.

#42 Kaaalm

Kaaalm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Harmonicah
  • DN, Holywood
  • Eternity

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

So, they deal good damage, eh?
How are they in terms of HP/Def?  Are they beefy/tanky like warriors?

#43 QuinnyQuinn

QuinnyQuinn

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Artagonist / Clazziqual
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Boss

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostKaaalm, on 01 November 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

So, they deal good damage, eh?
How are they in terms of HP/Def?  Are they beefy/tanky like warriors?

Unfortunately not. Assassins / Chasers are like uber damage dealers, at the expense of having low survivability.

If I have to rank them, they would be either the same or slightly better than Academics. I may be wrong on this part though, as I've not truly recognize the class in terms of their stats

Edited by QuinnyQuinn, 01 November 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#44 Kaaalm

Kaaalm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Harmonicah
  • DN, Holywood
  • Eternity

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

Thank you so much!
If you are right on your hunch then I guess their primary roll during raids/nest would be damage dealers, right?  I was thinking that they can tank/evade well to the point that they can replace warriors or even clerics in terms of being tank-y.

#45 fayt03

fayt03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1826 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Saika

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostQuinnyQuinn, on 01 November 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Unfortunately not. Assassins / Chasers are like uber damage dealers, at the expense of having low survivability.

If I have to rank them, they would be either the same or slightly better than Academics. I may be wrong on this part though, as I've not truly recognize the class in terms of their stats
wrong, assassin has lots of survivability. Just looking at the defense ranges for classes you can see that they're only slightly less tanky than clerics:

DDN upper
class - def / mdef
assassin - 4024 / 5366
warrior - 5634 / 3219
cleric - 5588 / 4967
academic - 3449 / 4599
kali - 3162 / 4216

70A upper
class - def / mdef
assassin - 6746 / 8995
warrior - 9445 / 5397
cleric - 9368 / 8327
acad - 5783 / 7710
kali - 5301 / 7068

from these numbers we can see that assassin will have lots of base mdef, and in fact will be higher than cleric if only clerics didn't focus primarily on int. (guardians will definitely have less mdef than assassin unless they stack mdef/int) They have less pdef than both warrior and cleric but higher than academic, which puts them at the top 3 tanky classes and in fact have slightly more survivability than warrior due to the mdef and pdef difference between the 2 classes balancing out.

Now we look at skills. The only defense-oriented assassin skill is Dedicate Shadow, which is too situational to be practical. (though it's basically full hp heal when used right) They have an extra aerial escape, (though most pve builds don't take it) a power escape, 2 mobility skills (3 if you count Fade's illusion step follow-up) and an auto revive.

View PostKaaalm, on 02 November 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

I was thinking that they can tank/evade well to the point that they can replace warriors or even clerics in terms of being tank-y.
firstly, evading well and tanking well are 2 completely opposite concepts. All classes can evade well since all it takes is the shift button and proper timing. However, not all classes can tank well, since that requires both defensive skills and highly defensive stats. (i.e.: sorcs have the lowest defense range while clerics have the highest)

#46 Kaaalm

Kaaalm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Harmonicah
  • DN, Holywood
  • Eternity

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

^I was thinking that they could evade faster than the other classes since they move so quick.  Sorry, I should have used "or" instead of "/".
And how about iframes?  I'm not sure if it works in PvE but do they (assassins) have a lot of iframes?

Also:  Stat progression.  I am not sure if the stats of the gears give more weight to the survivability of a character instead of the character's natural stat progression (e.g. clerics being naturally gifted with lots of hp, int benefiting a sorc greater than a warrior, etc).

However, hypothetically speaking, if assassins are gifted with hp as well and they benefit from vit greater than the other classes then there's a good chance that they would have an easier life surviving the attacks.

Sooo, do they fare well when it comes to the stat growth, survivability-wise?

#47 fayt03

fayt03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1826 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Saika

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostKaaalm, on 02 November 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

^I was thinking that they could evade faster than the other classes since they move so quick.  Sorry, I should have used "or" instead of "/".
And how about iframes?  I'm not sure if it works in PvE but do they (assassins) have a lot of iframes?
Evade faster? There's no difference between the iframe duration of every class' generic dodge skill. i.e.: you can avoid the same attack with both blink and sliding step. If you meant mobility instead of evasion, then yes the assassin has quite a bit of mobility. (illusion step and access chain) As for iframes other than the generic dodge, i haven't done extensive testing on those so yeah.

Also:  Stat progression.  I am not sure if the stats of the gears give more weight to the survivability of a character instead of the character's natural stat progression (e.g. clerics being naturally gifted with lots of hp, int benefiting a sorc greater than a warrior, etc).

However, hypothetically speaking, if assassins are gifted with hp as well and they benefit from vit greater than the other classes then there's a good chance that they would have an easier life surviving the attacks.

Sooo, do they fare well when it comes to the stat growth, survivability-wise?
For survivability, Int and vit always give the same amount of hp and defense to any class. (1 vit = 30 hp for example) I don't know the lv70 base vit of assassin yet coz i've yet to reach lv70 but technically speaking, base stats barely affect the final outcome of a class' hp and defense. (since the base stats are tiny compared to item stats)

The HP value is greatly affected by the enhancement bonuses of armors while defense is determined by the armors' base defenses. (in assassin's case, see my previous post regarding assassin item defense) Since lv70 uses the dragon jade system all classes will have access to the same pool of Vit/HP bonuses unlike the suffix system where usually the female classes have lower vit bonuses on their gears. I haven't checked the 60S suffix 2 stats for assassin gears but it should logically give nearly the same vit bonuses as warrior suffixes.

Edited by fayt03, 02 November 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#48 Kaaalm

Kaaalm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Harmonicah
  • DN, Holywood
  • Eternity

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

Thank you for the information! (:])
Wow, so I guess assassins are powerhouses, eh?  They are able to dish out good amount of damage and a hard HP/def to boot.  Scary. (sorry)

#49 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10243 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

Any words about Assasin MP consumption in PvE? Especially on early 70 cap (no access to 70A equip nor skill accessories).
Can I do well by not taking (or just level it to 1) MP boost/MP regen skill?

#50 fayt03

fayt03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1826 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Saika

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

not sure about early 70cap as my raven just hit 55 but i can tell you for sure that chasers have huge mp drain. From what i've seen in multiple duowan threads and from a bit of in-game experience, MP regen must be maxed otherwise mp runs out really really fast. (think dancer with a fire shield) Few notes to consider though:

-i think the lv70 nests provide mp food at certain stages so the mp drain can definitely be alleviated somewhat (unless you're soloing with insufficient gears)

-accdg to chaose's info on future skill jades, there's an entire category of skill jades for armor that recover MP when taking a hit (in addition to the other suffix buffs like elem resist/def/mdef boosts) just like our current mana suffix. Although the values for the mp regen and effect cool down haven't been revealed yet, I believe for MP-intensive chars like chaser and dancer it is imperative to stack the mp skill jade to replace vigor suffix (without sacrificing a weapon suffix too)

on another note, training to pull off Applause's 2-hit trick as well as actually hitting a target with Open Edge has become moot after upgrading to the EX version. Applause EX's 2-hit is much easier to do than its non-EX version while Open Edge EX has a more annoying requirement to land the 2 hits. There's also this annoying effect with Raindrop where the shurikens don't actually do damage, similar to how manti grav ball fires but doesn't make contact when you're getting hit while casting. (though unlike the grav ball issue i still haven't figured out why raindrop bugs out)

#51 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10243 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

I have a huge dilemma on which skill to sac on Assasin tree for lv21 Fan of Edge. Since I'll be PvPing from time to time, sac'ing AE or tumble/fake clog anything less than max is definitely impair my PvPing potential. That ends up I'll have to sac MP boost/regen to minimum level.

#52 fayt03

fayt03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1826 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Saika

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

dual skill build ftw. (sorry)  Seriously though going for a semi-pve/pvp build in 70cap is rather difficult considering the SP distribution is already tight. I guess you can rely on the MP regen from future skill jades or slot in a few mp regen jades to lessen the mp drain.

#53 QuinnyQuinn

QuinnyQuinn

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 906 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Boss

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

View Postfayt03, on 04 November 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

dual skill build ftw. (sorry)  Seriously though going for a semi-pve/pvp build in 70cap is rather difficult considering the SP distribution is already tight. I guess you can rely on the MP regen from future skill jades or slot in a few mp regen jades to lessen the mp drain.

^

Had to limit my Fan of Knives to 16 because of the SP allocation >.>

Also, had to unlearn all of my buffs (except the 35 free buff and Arsonist) for my Ripper due to it being mostly for PvP.

Edited by QuinnyQuinn, 05 November 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#54 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10243 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Postfayt03, on 04 November 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

While playing with my WW, SD, and maybe GM, I don't find the situation as hard as allocating SP in assasin tree (sorry) .

MP regen jade is a good idea, but what are we exchanging in return? elemental attack power? HP? That's kinda defeating the purpose raising Fan of Edge level to next damage tier.
We can't compensate Aerial Evasion because there's no other way we can level them outside the build itself.

#55 Kanluran

Kanluran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4659 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

what are the skills of assassin with iframes?

forgive me if this questtion is asked already

i didnt back read.

#56 QuinnyQuinn

QuinnyQuinn

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 906 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Boss

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostKanluran, on 05 November 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

what are the skills of assassin with iframes?

forgive me if this questtion is asked already

i didnt back read.

Punishment (Raven)
The End (Raven)
Mortal Blow (Ripper)
Izuna Drop (Ripper)
Illusion Step (ETC) (?)
Burning Call (ETC) (?)

#57 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10243 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

I thought Izuna Drop doesn't have one?

#58 QuinnyQuinn

QuinnyQuinn

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 906 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Boss

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

View Postfourrier, on 05 November 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

I thought Izuna Drop doesn't have one?

Isn't it only for the dropping part?

#59 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10243 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostQuinnyQuinn, on 05 November 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Isn't it only for the dropping part?
I'm not sure myself (crazy)

#60 QuinnyQuinn

QuinnyQuinn

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 906 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Boss

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

View Postfourrier, on 05 November 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I'm not sure myself (crazy)

iunno about this, but I can usually avoid skills with the starting of Izuna Drop, so I assumed it does have iframe during the rising part, similar to a Guardian's Justice Crash.