Sniper Pve Builds And Discussions (With Links On The 1St Page)

• Please log in to reply
1580 replies to this topic

#1 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

93 cap, awakening cap!! New active skills, and a lot of improvements for our dear sniper. As of now, a lot have been commenting that our sniper's playstyle has changed a lot thanks to the awakening system, action star tumble, dash, and many more!!

All snipers are invited to follow this thread and share ideas. Any observations, tips, skill rotations, equipment preference are appreciated here. Hope your questions can be answered here fellow snipers. (:])

93 cap skill simulator

93 cap builds
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CAP SKILL BUILDS
Spoiler

For easy reference I'll just put some page links here where there are pictures of sniper skill builds. Maybe the comments of other snipers can help you decide in choosing your skill build.

Useful discussions in this thread

93 cap discussions
Spoiler

Tell me if there are any corrections or things that I missed out.

Edited by NetDUO, 07 October 2016 - 08:36 PM.

#2 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

Other sniper related questions from other threads

93 cap

Pre-93 cap

Edited by NetDUO, 29 September 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#3 melonee

melonee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4769 posts
  • melone-Amitie-Sirup
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

From what i know lvl 70 nest mobs are very mobile but maybe watch some videos to judge for yourself whether you think you'll be able to fully utilize siege (:])
As for crossbow, yes it's true that the overall damage output is better at the cost of crit and range (at least that applies to artilleries, i have no idea about sniper but i guess it should be the same?)
sorry for not being that helpful but i tried (sorry)
BUMP!

#4 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

View Postmelonee, on 30 January 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

From what i know lvl 70 nest mobs are very mobile but maybe watch some videos to judge for yourself whether you think you'll be able to fully utilize siege (:])
As for crossbow, yes it's true that the overall damage output is better at the cost of crit and range (at least that applies to artilleries, i have no idea about sniper but i guess it should be the same?)
sorry for not being that helpful but i tried (sorry)
BUMP!

No worries!! After watching a video of someone soloing guardian nest. Some bosses there have burst windows while some allows 5-7 shots (w/ sylph's aid) only when in a party. Anyway I'm sure that my idol will make a solo video on it and show those opportunities but I think he'll be using AS EX more often there. And crossbow damage is true for artilleries huh?

#5 kurogane94

kurogane94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1975 posts
  • IlyaHime
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

To compare between Crossbow and Longbow...

Longbow : Has better range, larger attack range value (damage dealt not quite consistent), better crit. 3rd shot? Self preference.
Crossbow : Smaller attack range value (damage dealt is quite consistent)

My Engrish not quite good, hope I helped abit. (cool)

#6 markbelats

markbelats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
  • markbelats
  • DN, Holywood
  • Activist/Eternity/Absolution/ElHazard

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

well one thing first. you do know that lvl 70 we will get +10 or 12.5% passive buff for phy damage right?
so for me at least, getting scope to lvl 16 and making siege lvl 11 would draw back your burst potential by alot
since our magic to phy ratio for snipers are 30-50% difference. i would suggest make siege lvl 15 then make a skill earring for it
oh and there are one drawback for crossbows i think very few knows this. you cant jump for .5 sec after you press normal attack
the 3 arrow animation must be finished first before you can jump. keep that in mind. i am a sniper too since the beginning of DN and using a crossbow.. i believe that is the only drawback for crossbow on snipers(since we also need magic unlike artilleries).

#7 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

View Postkurogane94, on 30 January 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

To compare between Crossbow and Longbow...
Longbow : Has better range, larger attack range value (damage dealt not quite consistent), better crit. 3rd shot? Self preference.
Crossbow : Smaller attack range value (damage dealt is quite consistent)
I like consistent damage, crossbow it is then and when did snipers ever care about crit? (:D) And as for the range, I think there won't be much of  difference anyway (please correct me on this).

View Postmarkbelats, on 30 January 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

well one thing first. you do know that lvl 70 we will get +10 or 12.5% passive buff for phy damage right?
so for me at least, getting scope to lvl 16 and making siege lvl 11 would draw back your burst potential by alot
since our magic to phy ratio for snipers are 30-50% difference. i would suggest make siege lvl 15 then make a skill earring for it
oh and there are one drawback for crossbows i think very few knows this. you cant jump for .5 sec after you press normal attack
the 3 arrow animation must be finished first before you can jump. keep that in mind. i am a sniper too since the beginning of DN and using a crossbow.. i believe that is the only drawback for crossbow on snipers(since we also need magic unlike artilleries).
Having SS at lvl 16 is really tempting and not to mention that 12.5% patk increase is gonna make it really hurt hp bars but considering opportunities on using it? In my memoria runs the only time I can use it freely is when fighting the scorpion and the rest of the bosses I use AS.

For the crossbow I'll just have to practice and get used to that .5 sec then and thanks for the info guys!!

Anyway this is what I have in plan but could you guys point out anything to take SP from aside from scope arrow in case I go for lvl16 SS? Or Scope arrow isn't really that worth maxing this 70 cap?

Posted Image

Edited by NetDUO, 31 January 2014 - 12:12 AM.

#8 kurogane94

kurogane94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1975 posts
  • IlyaHime
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

I say, we wait.

As for me, same skill build, Lv 15 Siege Stance, drop Scope to Lv 1, and get Ankle Shot to Lv 6 or more for shotgun damage.

#9 Occurrence

Occurrence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

View PostNetDUO, on 31 January 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

I like consistent damage, crossbow it is then and when did snipers ever care about crit? and=
Anyway this is what I have in plan but could you guys point out anything to take SP from aside from scope arrow in case I go for lvl16 SS? Or Scope arrow isn't really that worth maxing this 70 cap?

if u wan consistent dmg , go for arti . their consistent dmg is way higher than sniper
sniper is all about burst , and longbow adds range for seige stance etc. ( almost all ur skill are affected )
sniper should just longbow / arti should just use xbow . it fits their role better as consistent dps / burst
build also is dependent on playstyle
some even drop charge shot to lv 6 since the board dmg really sucks and arrow shower to lv 1 just to use EX effect only

#10 Glacie

Glacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5190 posts
  • Centio, Physician
  • DN, Springwood
  • LINELife, Lurking

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

View PostNetDUO, on 31 January 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

I like consistent damage, crossbow it is then and when did snipers ever care about crit? %20and=

Posted Image

You can consider deleveling CS EX. The growth is not that good. For mob clearing its awesome though. So you gotta make a decision on that. If bring CS EX down to 11, you can max your SS.

I would take SS over scope in a heartbeat simple because sniper is all about burst. So in burst windows, SS would be the obvious choice with CT combo while scope is a filler. Scope has more flexibility in some ways though but eventually, sniper will go back to its own roots. Unless you wanna create your own version of bowmaster that is not really arti nor sniper.

Its very personal as to who chooses long bow / crossbow. Long bow has added range for most of snipers skil though that's true. Some not affected if i recall correctly are: Arrow shower, Aerial chain shot.
While Seige stance, charged shot, twin shot are affected by range.
My arti uses longbow because imo it looks cooler than xbow (lol)

Unless you are a super hardcore player with every single stat extremely important, I feel that its a simple question of preference and style comparing xbow to longbow. There are snipers who can do as well with a crossbow and most of them really appreciate the mobility in normal attacks and slightly stable damage.

Edited by Glacie, 31 January 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#11 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

View PostOccurrence, on 31 January 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

if u wan consistent dmg , go for arti . their consistent dmg is way higher than sniper
sniper is all about burst , and longbow adds range for seige stance etc. ( almost all ur skill are affected )
sniper should just longbow / arti should just use xbow . it fits their role better as consistent dps / burst
some even drop charge shot to lv 6 since the board dmg really sucks and arrow shower to lv 1 just to use EX effect only

I usually play mid to close range and I love using burst skills with my sniper. I've also been thinking of dropping some SP from Charged Shot but I find it very useful in mob clearing. And the AS was originally planned to be lvl1 for EX2 use also but then they discovered it was a bug and some time in the future it will probably be dependent on skill lvl and plates.

Edited by NetDUO, 31 January 2014 - 12:56 AM.

#12 Eud

Eud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

just to clarify, this is for PVE build right? Does range really an important factor in considering choice of weapon? do one intend to really go as far as possible from the boss to deal damage? in PVP i understand the need for ranged attacks, but OP said PURE PVE... just to clarify..

View PostOccurrence, on 31 January 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

i think you're referring to constant DPS, not constant damage dealt, it's not the same for me (no) (peace)

Edited by Eud, 31 January 2014 - 01:17 AM.

#13 Eud

Eud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

double entry sry

Edited by Eud, 31 January 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#14 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:25 AM

Anyway guys, this is a video of a sniper from springwood that gave me a good impression on scope arrow as a good/useful filler.

I'm not sure whether he maxed his scope here but in his previous video 5 months ago he showed it to be at lvl16. He has other videos implying high skill lvls of scope arrow.

This may change however when 70 cap comes.  %20class=

Edited by NetDUO, 27 February 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#15 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Just checked again and he commented scope arrow being at lvl 16 in his Flower Ignus solo.

Edited by NetDUO, 27 February 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#16 layzebook

layzebook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostNetDUO, on 31 January 2014 - 02:25 AM, said:

Anyway guys, this is a video of a sniper from springwood that gave me a good impression on scope arrow as a good/useful filler.

I'm not sure whether he maxed his scope here but in his previous video he showed it to be at lvl16. He has other videos implying high skill lvls of scope arrow.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=v6p_I4atD4A MM3 Sandworm
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=r7VCpMf9DM0 MM3 Golem

This may change however when 70 cap comes. %20br=

that scope arrow damage 90-100k per arrow~ crit multiply with 7hits thats around 700k~  and critical break bonus is not even included yet.

if all hits proc like your dam so lucky the total damage will be 1m~ (oo) not bad for a fast animation and low cd skill. or am i wrong? btw where you get that skill emulator?

Edited by layzebook, 31 January 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#17 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

View Postlayzebook, on 31 January 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

that scope arrow damage 90-100k per arrow~ crit multiply with 7hits thats around 700k~  and critical break bonus is not even included yet.

if all hits proc like your dam so lucky the total damage will be 1m~ (oo) not bad for a fast animation and low cd skill. or am i wrong? btw where you get that skill emulator?

Btw crit break can reach 70% additional damage at 70 cap. If I'm not mistaken lvl3 crit break is at 37% and reach lvl 4 50% with skill accessory + 20% from skill plate. My question now is does crit break work better with multi hit skills over single missile attacks like charged shot?

Here's the link for the skill simulator: http://dn.mmosite.co...killtree4.shtml

Edited by NetDUO, 31 January 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#18 markbelats

markbelats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
  • markbelats
  • DN, Holywood
  • Activist/Eternity/Absolution/ElHazard

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

@NetDUO
i just think you need more experience for ddn mechanics if you cant see any SS opportunity on all bosses.
in my part i can use SS on any stage at DDN its just a matter of waiting after the boss's skill animation is done
ex:
ignius; i use ss after the flower cast the ring of fire (inner outer)
Manti: after stomp infront of the boss (to avoid tail)
sandworm: i use it for breaking SA at anytime i want
golem : almost anytime, only time i cant use it after curse(golem has high chance to use tornado/swipe after curse)
Dragon: after tail swipe safe to go at dragon torso area and SS
after sand bind can SS right click at front paw
there are so many more possibilities to use our lvl 32 skill just a matter of timing

on topic:
just some advise for my fellow sniper.
i cant believe you discarded ankle shot. since it is more damaging than charged shot
and can be a followup skill after ACS. or before you cast siege stance.
you can lvl 6 charge shot and take ankle to at least lvl 6. ankle is a really good followup
skill since it has fast animation and morelikely it can land those 3 shots 90% of the time if you use it correctly.
then again skill builds are based on the player gameplay, hope i helped you in some way dud

and to answer your question above my comment. yes crit break is not fixed it will register to multi hitting skills

Edited by markbelats, 01 February 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#19 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

View Postmarkbelats, on 01 February 2014 - 01:50 AM, said:

@NetDUO
i just think you need more experience for ddn mechanics if you cant see any SS opportunity on all bosses.
in my part i can use SS on any stage at DDN its just a matter of waiting after the boss's skill animation is done
ex:
ignius; i use ss after the flower cast the ring of fire (inner outer)
Manti: after stomp infront of the boss (to avoid tail)
sandworm: i use it for breaking SA at anytime i want
golem : almost anytime, only time i cant use it after curse(golem has high chance to use tornado/swipe after curse)
Dragon: after tail swipe safe to go at dragon torso area and SS
after sand bind can SS right click at front paw
there are so many more possibilities to use our lvl 32 skill just a matter of timing

on topic:
just some advise for my fellow sniper.
i cant believe you discarded ankle shot. since it is more damaging than charged shot
and can be a followup skill after ACS. or before you cast siege stance.
you can lvl 6 charge shot and take ankle to at least lvl 6. ankle is a really good followup
skill since it has fast animation and morelikely it can land those 3 shots 90% of the time if you use it correctly.
then again skill builds are based on the player gameplay, hope i helped you in some way dud

and to answer your question above my comment. yes crit break is not fixed it will register to multi hitting skills

Might give those openings for SS a try but maybe I just find myself unwilling to do so because I usually spam sylph and cheating point for ACS, AS and other skills (SS if see the whole 7 shots). And I don't like using SS w/o sylph and cheating point, it looks so slow and I had to cancel it earlier than expected most of the time so I basically land only 3-4 hits. I'm still not really experienced and I hope I can fully use SS to its potential in the future.

Yeah I also think that charged shot needs to get lowered but maybe not for ankle shot. I don't really like the skill in PVE. Currently, I have lvl 6 ankle shot since I wanted try what most people are saying that its a good damaging skill and mostly for PVP. Thing is, its against my playstyle, I somehow dislike it's cooldown for PVE. ACS 18 secs cooldown is good enough for me. Thanks for your insights though. (up)

Edited by NetDUO, 01 February 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#20 layzebook

layzebook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

that build is actually good for PURE PVE especially in nest and 6 man raid or maybe also BDN.

ankle shot damage is really low although it pierce and to utilize its damage you need the 3 arrows to hit

in which you need to get close to the enemy which is dangerous and hope the enemy has large hit box.

im also planning to have this kind of build but with 15 SS and 11 CS only.