Sniper Pve Builds And Discussions (With Links On The 1St Page)

• Please log in to reply
1580 replies to this topic

#21 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

View Postlayzebook, on 02 February 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

15 SS and 11 CS only.

I think I'll go with this also.

Edited by NetDUO, 02 February 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#22 markbelats

markbelats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
  • markbelats
  • DN, Holywood
  • Activist/Eternity/Absolution/ElHazard

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostNetDUO, on 01 February 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Might give those openings for SS a try but maybe I just find myself unwilling to do so because I usually spam sylph and cheating point for ACS, AS and other skills (SS if see the whole 7 shots). And I don't like using SS w/o sylph and cheating point, it looks so slow and I had to cancel it earlier than expected most of the time so I basically land only 3-4 hits. I'm still not really experienced and I hope I can fully use SS to its potential in the future.

Yeah I also think that charged shot needs to get lowered but maybe not for ankle shot. I don't really like the skill in PVE. Currently, I have lvl 6 ankle shot since I wanted try what most people are saying that its a good damaging skill and mostly for PVP. Thing is, its against my playstyle, I somehow dislike it's cooldown for PVE. ACS 18 secs cooldown is good enough for me. Thanks for your insights though. (up)

you can fully utilize all your damaging skill within the  sylp aid burst duration.. all you need to do is get a skill ring sylp aid +1 and skill plate duration +12% and youll get 20 secs of burst DPS time.
ofcourse you need to time your sylp aid with SB since they got almost the same CD (SB= 44sec i think)
after you see the acro use SB use sylp aid also and you can get 9 hits for SS and still go time to use your filler skills with that 20 secs sylp aid duration.
my start for bust is ( after i got SB)
bulls eye  
cheating point
ACS towards the boss (without the ex to save time for the cheating point FD bonus)
ankle shot
multi shot
charge
siege stance
if still got dps window
barrage +twin + ankle + acs again (with ex)
after you finished with the 2nd acs your 20 secs of sylp aid duration will be finished
there are still so many combinations for bursting but this is the most i use in DDN
but sometimes i stop after siege stance and save barrage for the next burst of SB since your SS will have CD delay for 5 secs
after the 1st burst.
and for arrow shower. since i still have it for  lvl 1 i use it as filler along with swift shot and scope while waiting for the next SB buff
just my 2 cents of advise
dont be afraid of tanking non lethal boss attacks using SS since we got 1200 SA and -80% damage reduction for siege stance ex.
you can tank 1 or 2 zuu waves/ 2 zuu laser orbs stomp ( if with GF)
scorpion claw swipe and tails swipe/ charge ( if with GF)
sand worm swipe and uppercut
ignius chew chew thinngy/ roar if with GF
golem swipe the ground smash thinngy/ 1/3 of the tripple stomp (if with GF)
dragon basic attacks
guess i already said too much (shame) ill let you learn the other stuffs on yer own

Edited by markbelats, 02 February 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#23 layzebook

layzebook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

View Postmarkbelats, on 02 February 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

you can fully utilize all your damaging skill within the  sylp aid burst duration.. all you need to do is get a skill ring sylp aid +1 and skill plate duration +12% and youll get 20 secs of burst DPS time.
ofcourse you need to time your sylp aid with SB since they got almost the same CD (SB= 44sec i think)
after you see the acro use SB use sylp aid also and you can get 9 hits for SS and still go time to use your filler skills with that 20 secs sylp aid duration.
bulls eye  
cheating point
ACS towards the boss (without the ex to save time for the cheating point FD bonus)
ankle shot
multi shot
charge
siege stance
if still got dps window
after you finished with the 2nd acs your 20 secs of sylp aid duration will be finished
there are still so many combinations for bursting but this is the most i use in DDN
but sometimes i stop after siege stance and save barrage for the next burst of SB since your SS will have CD delay for 5 secs
after the 1st burst.
and for arrow shower. since i still have it for  lvl 1 i use it as filler along with swift shot and scope while waiting for the next SB buff
just my 2 cents of advise
dont be afraid of tanking non lethal boss attacks using SS since we got 1200 SA and -80% damage reduction for siege stance ex.
you can tank 1 or 2 zuu waves/ 2 zuu laser orbs stomp ( if with GF)
scorpion claw swipe and tails swipe/ charge ( if with GF)
sand worm swipe and uppercut
ignius chew chew thinngy/ roar if with GF
golem swipe the ground smash thinngy/ 1/3 of the tripple stomp (if with GF)
dragon basic attacks
guess i already said too much (shame) ill let you learn the other stuffs on yer own

your so pro meh, love your inputs.

#24 markbelats

markbelats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
  • markbelats
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

View Postlayzebook, on 03 February 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

your so pro meh, love your inputs.

^ dont know if being sarcastic or complementing (no)

#25 kurogane94

kurogane94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1975 posts
  • IlyaHime
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

View Postmarkbelats, on 03 February 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

I know that feel. It's hard to differentiate if it's from the internet. (cool)

#26 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

View Postmarkbelats, on 03 February 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Most probably complementing. (;])

Edited by NetDUO, 03 February 2014 - 11:56 PM.

#27 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

View Postmarkbelats, on 02 February 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

bulls eye  
cheating point
ankle shot
multi shot
charge
siege stance
if still got dps window

I like. (up)
I also have sylph plate and skill ring now and maybe I'm becoming your shadow since I'm going for crossbow also. (:>)

#28 kurogane94

kurogane94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1975 posts
  • IlyaHime
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

- removed -

Edited by kurogane94, 09 April 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#29 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

View Postkurogane94, on 31 January 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

I say, we wait.

As for me, same skill build, Lv 15 Siege Stance, drop Scope to Lv 1, and get Ankle Shot to Lv 6 or more for shotgun damage.

I thought you were going for this kuro?

View Postkurogane94, on 04 February 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

Pardon me. Pure PvE Sniper Skill Build. My style.

Archer - Lv 21 Twin Shot, Maxed Evasions, Maxed HP, Lv1 both Mentals, Lv 1 Multi Shot.
Bow Master - As shown, left with 5 free SP for either Scope Arrow/Charged Shot.
Sniper - Maxed everything.

Posted Image

Anyway this really looks like the minimum for Pure PVE sniper. (:]) The other points 5 points will now depend on player preference. Still lvl 16 scope for me since it's spammable with nice damage, nice range and for destroying breakables in nests. All in all its a  very flexible skill.

Now I'll need to find skill accessories for critical break and siege stance, any idea when they'll release 70 skill accessories?

Edited by NetDUO, 04 February 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#30 markbelats

markbelats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
  • markbelats
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

View Postkurogane94, on 04 February 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

Pardon me. Pure PvE Sniper Skill Build. My style.

Archer - Lv 21 Twin Shot, Maxed Evasions, Maxed HP, Lv1 both Mentals, Lv 1 Multi Shot.
Bow Master - As shown, left with 5 free SP for either Scope Arrow/Charged Shot.
Sniper - Maxed everything.

Posted Image

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but this should be better than starting another thread.
Feel free to comment/flame/potato. Much appreciated.
ill give some little enlightenment for my fellow snipers for 70 cap im not here to brag but i just want my sisters in bows understand
the 2nd generation of DN that is coming to us

first of all the jade system will be put in motion at that cap this will affect our skill build and will evolve us to be converted to a pure breed.
these are pointers than needed to take note from Jade:
there will no longer be potentials like hp,agi and int
since there will only be 3 slots for armors and 3 slots for weapons (skill are the 3rd slot)
Armors:
hexagonal: stats increas aswell with HP and MP
Elliptical Jade: offensive like phy /magic and elemental
triangular: skills+1
how does these affect our skill buildups?
one thing is we can only get hp/agility nomore int boost for armors and accessories
on weapons: phy, agility since only 1 slot for eptical are available for weapons and rings
so how can you boost your magic damage? only plates and talismans do
these changes will force us to evolve into a pure breed since we can no longer get magical and intellect boost for jades as snipers.
second:
your magical nerf will be great
-16% for magical damage (since can no longer get the BBQ phy,magic,agi,crit pot)
-28% for the missing intellect boost also
third:
the passive 10% phy increase will damage some magical DPS since only physical will be boosted (based on SP spent for magical tree)
another nail in the magical tree coffin

fourth
the skill and enchantment plate that is supposed to be given for physical damage will be wasted for one of your maxed out
or high lvl magical skill  

i hope that the information I gave will be SUPERIMBABBQGGWTFHAX help for your build, and can save 1 or 2 reset scroll for the future.

Personal:
I like to help my fellow snipers but only for snipers who dig in forums threads. thats why i didnt made a thread with these kind of infos. becoz snipers are bobo please wews go to assassin class. (clap)
and even with all that nerfs i will still use crossbow since I HATE WTF PEW for longbows
my scope,rapid,swift and TA will still be at lvl 1. because if i discarded one of those i will not be the same sniper again
it still boils up to player style at the end hahas (:D) ....

#31 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

As of now I'm still stuck with my hybrid build (ankle shot lvl6 and all magic skills lvl 1) and if CC ever gives out reset scrolls in the 61-70 achievement box, I'm still gonna wait first for another lvl70 nest solo video of the sniper I posted earlier and wait for his comments also since I asked him yesterday while in-game and he said he plans on using kuro's build with max scope. If scope arrow works then I'll change but if not then different skill build for me.

#32 kurogane94

kurogane94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1975 posts
  • IlyaHime
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostNetDUO, on 04 February 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

I thought you were going for this kuro?

That was the plan until several nights ago. Until I realized that I'm dealing 100k per crit hit on Scope Arrow, in which is more than Ankle Shot total, including Crit Break. I was like, WTF, no wonder I saw one of those CN Sniper dropped his Charged Shot to 6 and max his Scope.

And then this morning my friend said something almost the same as @markbelats . About how our magic power is nerfed badly.

And now I'm confused. And hungry. (cool) (cool)

#33 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

View Postkurogane94, on 04 February 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

And now I'm confused. And hungry. (cool) (cool)

I feel... (cool)

#34 kokotohero

kokotohero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2624 posts
  • Finsled
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

View Postmarkbelats, on 04 February 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

-16% for magical damage (since can no longer get the BBQ phy,magic,agi,crit pot)
third:
the passive 10% phy increase will damage some magical DPS since only physical will be boosted (based on SP spent for magical tree)

fourth
the skill and enchantment plate that is supposed to be given for physical damage will be wasted for one of your maxed out

scope,rapid,swift and TA will still be at lvl 1.  
Simply this
Another reason for 70 to ditch high level magic skills.
Scope arrow growth is not that spectacular, it only add about less 700% from level 1 to 16. Also it will make your MP deplete faster with less damage. Don't mention the Fixed damage, BM have terrible fixed damage from the beggining. Besides with 40K patk standards +10% boost, your fixed damage is negligible.
While ditch both Lv.1  Rapid Shot and Tracking Arrow, just make you lose roughly ~1300% magic damage, and they both have almost same CD with scope Arrow.
Window for Cheating point also used up to Siege Stance and Arrow Shower, and have no whatsoever effect in magical tree.
In the end why boost skill magic, while your Matk possibly only 50% of your Patk.

#35 Eud

Eud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

Really? scope arrow is that bad? (:[) lets say you've maxed all patk tree of bowmasters... you'll be depending solely on burst frame? no fillers. my scope arrow now is lvl 1, and the damage per splinter is around 30-40k crit(8 hits make 240-320k dmg), while my lvl 16 CS deals around 450-550k, i don't have perfpots( 5.75atk +2.88matk+agi+etc.) and my magic damage on stat tab is 11k-16k only(town), physical is around 26-33k(town).(i tried both on the dummy flower thing at boss rush)

So lets say the OPs preference(which i also do prefer) is crossbow(relatively higher matk than longbows) then should we maximize that matk advantage? And what about when burst frame is limited or cancelled, would that really hurt our dps contribution since we don't have much fillers and our wew skills leaves us planted on the ground(need to cancel to dodge)? sure, ss got 80% reduced dmg, but it only applies until our SA breaks

i'm following this thread for a solid pve sniper build, gathering infos, well different infos tend to confuse me in planning my build

well this is just IMO, ill just share my insight, when 70 cap comes, then when someone (:>)  experiments with all these build for pve snipers, please share your output and help your fellow snipers  (shame)

i'll just wait for more concrete build regarding an efficient PVE sniper (cool)

Edited by Eud, 05 February 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#36 Eud

Eud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

View Postkokotohero, on 04 February 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

-snip-
Window for Cheating point also used up to Siege Stance and Arrow Shower, and have no whatsoever effect in magical tree.
In the end why boost skill magic, while your Matk possibly only 50% of your Patk.

can i have a link of where i can find the reference of the bold part? just for info (shame)

#37 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

View PostEud, on 04 February 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

can i have a link of where i can find the reference of the bold part? just for info (shame)

Here's the link my friend: http://forum.cherryc...gic-skill-tree/

#38 layzebook

layzebook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

View Postmarkbelats, on 04 February 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

ill give some little enlightenment for my fellow snipers for 70 cap im not here to brag but i just want my sisters in bows understand
the 2nd generation of DN that is coming to us

first of all the jade system will be put in motion at that cap this will affect our skill build and will evolve us to be converted to a pure breed.
these are pointers than needed to take note from Jade:
there will no longer be potentials like hp,agi and int
since there will only be 3 slots for armors and 3 slots for weapons (skill are the 3rd slot)
Armors:
hexagonal: stats increas aswell with HP and MP
Elliptical Jade: offensive like phy /magic and elemental
triangular: skills+1
how does these affect our skill buildups?
one thing is we can only get hp/agility nomore int boost for armors and accessories
on weapons: phy, agility since only 1 slot for eptical are available for weapons and rings
so how can you boost your magic damage? only plates and talismans do
these changes will force us to evolve into a pure breed since we can no longer get magical and intellect boost for jades as snipers.
second:
your magical nerf will be great
third:

fourth

i hope that the information I gave will be SUPERIMBABBQGGWTFHAX help for your build, and can save 1 or 2 reset scroll for the future.

Personal:
I like to help my fellow snipers but only for snipers who dig in forums threads. thats why i didnt made a thread with these kind of infos. becoz snipers are bobo please wews go to assassin class. (clap)
and even with all that nerfs i will still use crossbow since I HATE WTF PEW for longbows
my scope,rapid,swift and TA will still be at lvl 1. because if i discarded one of those i will not be the same sniper again
it still boils up to player style at the end hahas br=

you really are so pro meh, i dont care if you brag here or not as long as you give insights on snipers on 70 cap. more more!!

#39 NetDUO

NetDUO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • Atermecia/Alpherteri
  • DN, Springwood
  • Praetorium

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

View Postkokotohero, on 04 February 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

Simply this
Another reason for 70 to ditch high level magic skills.
Scope arrow growth is not that spectacular, it only add about less 700% from level 1 to 16. Also it will make your MP deplete faster with less damage. Don't mention the Fixed damage, BM have terrible fixed damage from the beggining. Besides with 40K patk standards +10% boost, your fixed damage is negligible.
While ditch both Lv.1  Rapid Shot and Tracking Arrow, just make you lose roughly ~1300% magic damage, and they both have almost same CD with scope Arrow.

1. Can you explain further by providing some kind of calculation?

2. Does this mean it's also true for artilleries? Most will be abandoning ACS at 70 cap?

3. And lastly can anyone post a link of a lvl 70 sniper skill build from other servers? I can't find     ANYTHING!! except for one shown in a youtube video

(mad) (mad) (mad)

Edited by NetDUO, 05 February 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#40 markbelats

markbelats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
  • markbelats
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

artilleries got magical breez so they can still get acs. the only draw back for it tho is the 10% bonus is only for magical tree
and at your
question 1:
no need to calculate you just look at it and you already get what he talking about
a lvl 1 scoped is already 211%+ damage and for lvl 16 gives you 379%+ damage
to sacrifice 15 sp for only 1 skill that dont gain benefit from cheating point
i dont see the logic why upgrade it more than lvl 1