• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Zekriel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GM Bakazoku

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

[UPDATE]
Seeing that our fellow forumer Xenocho has done an impressive job in providing in-depth analyses on Engineer skill builds, there is no longer a need for this thread to be another guide for budding Gear Masters.

I will, however,change the direction of this thread to provide other forms of information which may help to contribute to the community.

Nonetheless, the skill builds that I use will still be kept here for sharing.
PVE Build
Posted Image

PVP Build (1V1)
Posted Image

Future Updates - Yet to be implemented in DN Sea
*DNKr - Kali Awakening Patch*
Cannon Tower
597% > 722%

Class Mastery II
Big mecha bomber no longer shares CD with INS (PVE only)

Mecha Cannon
CD 40s > 45s
1 duck damage: 6100% > 7900%
2 duck damage: 9150% > 11850%
3 duck damage: 12200% > 15800%

[AWK] Mechanic Mode
MM Ice: +50% damage
MM Cannon: +20% damage
MM Gatling: +30% damage
MM Chain Saw: +15% damage

[Source: Freedomplays]

Update Log
Spoiler

Credits to https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea for the skill build simulator.

Edited by Zekeriel, 19 January 2017 - 03:06 PM.

#2 Raptor

Raptor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1467 posts
  • Thasus

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

At first I thought "so short of Sp!" but I remembered it is cap 70 (lol), as a question, what's the difference between LV. 1, 11 or. 13 in Mechanical Mode? The damage from towers increase with levels?

#3 Zekeriel

Zekeriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Zekriel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GM Bakazoku

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostRaptor, on 01 September 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

At first I thought "so short of Sp!" but I remembered it is cap 70 (lol), as a question, what's the difference between LV. 1, 11 or. 13 in Mechanical Mode? The damage from towers increase with levels?

at higher levels your tower damage increases, and the damage you receive decreases. there is no significant jump in your buffs at 6 or 11, which is why I had maxed it.

#4 Fluffy

Fluffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3977 posts
  • Tomonori/Tsutsuko
  • DN, Westwood
  • Onigiri

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

just some suggestions for the pvp build (cool)

-you should really get at least level 1 reload. 6 sec cooldown high sa breaking lifting skill.
-cannon tower doesn't do much damage and has 12 sec cd in MM.. BCM is more worth it imo

Edited by Fluffy, 01 September 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#5 LittleSY

LittleSY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3182 posts
  • Kaerime :D
  • DN, Holywood
  • GangnamStyle

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

^ To add more on the PvP side. Let's see a little bit more that I think of so far....:

PVP build (Ladder Orientated):
Posted Image
- I would drop Cannon to 1. (+10 sp)
   Reason : It has CD with its MM Mode of 12 seconds. On top of that, the MM version
s damage is even more laughable than Alfredo Stomp. I also wouldn't want to rely on CT for damage due to its firing rate

- Dropping Hurricane down to 1. (+5 sp)
   Reason : Its full damage isn't particularly beautiful at 6 nor 11. Its main purpose is to paralock your victims. Since there are quite a number of PvP essentials not available, I'd advice to hold Hurricane down to 1 first.

- Getting Reload (1 is sufficient, CD stays the same at all levels). (-3 sp)
   Reason : If you're a fan of Airshot, you'd love its lifting properties and good SA break with short casting. Also it allows you to fare a little longer at close range if RJ or Airshot is out - the range where grenades/towers/ducks cast time leaves you vulnerable and Biochem's range is easy to dodge.

- Biochem! Having it 1 or maxed. (-6 sp for Chem Nade and MT, -3 sp for BCM)
  Reason : Good damage, good SA Break, good AoE and lifts. After the revamp, Biochem has a CD of 10 seconds that requires 2 bullets per cast. Good news to  pvp-GM since their bullets are going to be used mostly for BCM. Mine Thrower is reserved for catching/harassing at long range or recatching opponents launched by Biochem. It's your powerhouse at mid-range playfield.
-  You'd have to use it on bubbled/floored/gravity-grenaded opponents for best result. Plant a tower right after casting if it's a guaranteed hit and continue supressing as they fall down. (<3)

And another thing, Stun Grenade is wonderful in PvP. It has good damage, good stun rate and decent SA break - good if combined with GravityGrenade. Unless you're using it to catch opponents - in which its best to leave at 1 to conserve MP - it's good to have it maxed and teched with low level rings.

#6 chyll2

chyll2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2165 posts
  • TsukiAoi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Relinquish

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:01 AM

damn, i really need to get my act on and buy that 10k yen discounted skill expansion.

pvp build is just too different now.

#7 Zekeriel

Zekeriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Zekriel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GM Bakazoku

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostFluffy, on 01 September 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

just some suggestions for the pvp build (cool)

-you should really get at least level 1 reload. 6 sec cooldown high sa breaking lifting skill.
-cannon tower doesn't do much damage and has 12 sec cd in MM.. BCM is more worth it imo

View PostLittleSY, on 01 September 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

^ To add more on the PvP side. Let's see a little bit more that I think of so far....:

- I would drop Cannon to 1. (+10 sp)
   Reason : It has CD with its MM Mode of 12 seconds. On top of that, the MM version
s damage is even more laughable than Alfredo Stomp. I also wouldn't want to rely on CT for damage due to its firing rate

- Dropping Hurricane down to 1. (+5 sp)
   Reason : Its full damage isn't particularly beautiful at 6 nor 11. Its main purpose is to paralock your victims. Since there are quite a number of PvP essentials not available, I'd advice to hold Hurricane down to 1 first.

- Getting Reload (1 is sufficient, CD stays the same at all levels). (-3 sp)
   Reason : If you're a fan of Airshot, you'd love its lifting properties and good SA break with short casting. Also it allows you to fare a little longer at close range if RJ or Airshot is out - the range where grenades/towers/ducks cast time leaves you vulnerable and Biochem's range is easy to dodge.

- Biochem! Having it 1 or maxed. (-6 sp for Chem Nade and MT, -3 sp for BCM)
  Reason : Good damage, good SA Break, good AoE and lifts. After the revamp, Biochem has a CD of 10 seconds that requires 2 bullets per cast. Good news to  pvp-GM since their bullets are going to be used mostly for BCM. Mine Thrower is reserved for catching/harassing at long range or recatching opponents launched by Biochem. It's your powerhouse at mid-range playfield.
-  You'd have to use it on bubbled/floored/gravity-grenaded opponents for best result. Plant a tower right after casting if it's a guaranteed hit and continue supressing as they fall down. (<3)

And another thing, Stun Grenade is wonderful in PvP. It has good damage, good stun rate and decent SA break - good if combined with GravityGrenade. Unless you're using it to catch opponents - in which its best to leave at 1 to conserve MP - it's good to have it maxed and teched with low level rings.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'm still in the midst of researching what are the best skills to have for GM pvp, your suggestions sure did help alot! :)

#8 booyah

booyah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1715 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

Pve build is fine
PVP build for ladder is bad.

mm canon does **** dmg in pvp and does not even flinch ppl (and not to mention it has a cd of 12sec in pvp). missing out on reload and bcm will make it really hard to pin down opponents/launch opponents to pin down.

Edited by booyah, 02 September 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#9 Zekeriel

Zekeriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Zekriel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GM Bakazoku

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

View Postbooyah, on 02 September 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Pve build is fine
PVP build for ladder is bad.

mm canon does **** dmg in pvp and does not even flinch ppl (and not to mention it has a cd of 12sec in pvp). missing out on reload and bcm will make it really hard to pin down opponents/launch opponents to pin down.

Thank you for your feedback, I've already uploaded another build based on what was suggested in the earlier posts, hope it would be ideal for a pvp GM :)

#10 YuenAi

YuenAi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8614 posts
  • Pox-
  • DN, Greenwood
  • WhoarHouse

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

~Stun is actually a must max for pvp.... The increase in stun chance helps out a lot. It's use is not entirely for damaging but for the stun.
~MP Regen passive is a must max for pvp, if you have more points you can max MP too
~You can drop Big Mecha if you want to. Chances are, you'll never use it unless you can utilize it's long casting and very low SA.
~Alfredo may die easily but having max TD helps out especially when you're caught in cyclone axe.

Not sure though if Lv6 Cannon Blaster has good SA break since it has a mini BCM AFAIK...

Edited by YuenAi, 02 September 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#11 Eshuscien

Eshuscien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

View PostYuenAi, on 02 September 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

~Stun is actually a must max for pvp.... The increase in stun chance helps out a lot. It's use is not entirely for damaging but for the stun.
~MP Regen passive is a must max for pvp, if you have more points you can max MP too
~You can drop Big Mecha if you want to. Chances are, you'll never use it unless you can utilize it's long casting and very low SA.
~Alfredo may die easily but having max TD helps out especially when you're caught in cyclone axe.

Not sure though if Lv6 Cannon Blaster has good SA break since it has a mini BCM AFAIK...

the second hit of cannon blaster the mini BCM only flinches = normal atk flinch

--------------------

MM (mode correct me if im wrong)

in pvp has its bonus dmg reduced to 5% but the damage reduction stay the same as pve 22%
assuming maxed

so might be usefull as a defensive skill when about to get hit by certain skills

Edited by Eshuscien, 02 September 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#12 chyll2

chyll2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2165 posts
  • TsukiAoi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Relinquish

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:26 AM

in pvp has its bonus dmg reduced to 5% but the damage reduction stay the same as pve 22%
assuming maxed

so might be usefull as a defensive skill when about to get hit by certain skills
MM has a rather nice feature, is it carried over in PVP as well?

#13 YuenAi

YuenAi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8614 posts
  • Pox-
  • DN, Greenwood
  • WhoarHouse

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostEshuscien, on 02 September 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

the second hit of cannon blaster the mini BCM only flinches = normal atk flinch

--------------------

assuming maxed

If you saw THAT VIDEO... I doubt you'll use MM for it's damage reduction (:>)

to those people who alr saw it, dun spread pl0x hue (:>)

#14 LittleSY

LittleSY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3182 posts
  • Kaerime :D
  • DN, Holywood
  • GangnamStyle

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostYuenAi, on 03 September 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

What was it?
i-frame? Now I'm interested in what this is. (:>)

#15 booyah

booyah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1715 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostYuenAi, on 03 September 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

don't make it sound like it is a bug. (oo;)
while other classes get lots of those why can't we get one?

Edited by booyah, 03 September 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#16 YuenAi

YuenAi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8614 posts
  • Pox-
  • DN, Greenwood
  • WhoarHouse

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

View Postbooyah, on 03 September 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

don't make it sound like it is a bug. (oo;)
while other classes get lots of those why can't we get one?
cause devs hates engineers nuff said

#17 booyah

booyah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1715 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostYuenAi, on 03 September 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

cause devs hates engineers nuff said

the recent boost begs to differ. just project it as a feature.

Edited by booyah, 03 September 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#18 YuenAi

YuenAi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8614 posts
  • Pox-
  • DN, Greenwood
  • WhoarHouse

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

View Postbooyah, on 03 September 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

the recent boost begs to differ. just project it as a feature.
In Pve perspective, they still love lolis a bit but in Pvp, Dodge CD increased, TD CD increased, Bubble CD increase, Wax CD increased, still feel the love? Our SA is non-existent, only a handful of skills have SA break but still paired with horrible SA now they crippled us more. All of our key dodging skills have been nerfed, AGAIN.

Edited by YuenAi, 03 September 2014 - 07:46 PM.

#19 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10244 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostYuenAi, on 03 September 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

In Pve perspective, they still love lolis a bit but in Pvp, Dodge CD increased, TD CD increased, Bubble CD increase, Wax CD increased, still feel the love? Our SA is non-existent, only a handful of skills have SA break but still paired with horrible SA now they crippled us more. All of our key dodging skills have been nerfed, AGAIN.
Maybe we should go offense now by utilizing the new enhanced Air Shot, Cannon Blaster, and Reload spam.

#20 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11226 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostYuenAi, on 03 September 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

I rather think they implemented all this to compensate for the standardized CD plates.