#41 abiepao

abiepao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • UNFAZED

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

Thank you for sharing your build. Your level 1 ping pong and ice tower is perfect for my playstyle. Been using this build inside dungeons and nests and it's very effective (:])

#42 icooljlx

icooljlx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • huwei
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Elven

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

If anyone likes to build Ice Gear master I'm sharing my build like this (:])

My 70 cap build

Posted Image

My 80 cap build

Posted Image

please don't follow it blindly just use as for reference and thanks to TS for sharing this build gives me idea how to build! (;])

#43 AlakPa

AlakPa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

View PostZekeriel, on 16 September 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

To answer your queries:

1. It is possible to use ECJs for this build, IMO abyss or lightning would be best, maybe even fire if your party is trying a more unusual lineup. However, do note that this build is not optimized for iceberg ECJ due to level 1 ice tower having lower debuff CMIIW.

2. As menntioned above. This build goes well with most ECJ.

3. Yes, with blessing of light being reverted to a party buff, having more light resistance debuffs from the recent inquisitor rebalance, not to mention crusaders are more accepted in parties now that they are buffed means u get conviction aura buff. Light is surely a viable option.

4. Yes, chemical grenade provides 18% elemental debuff and 30% crit resist debuff throughout all levels. The only difference lies in the damage dealt and also the duration of the debuff.

Hope that helped.

Thank you so much, it helped. (glance) (glance) (glance)

#44 Zekeriel

Zekeriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Zekriel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GM Bakazoku

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

14102014:

Updated with PVP (ladder) build.

#45 Madara2000

Madara2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • MasutaPogi

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

just a noob question, so if i follow the pve build will i be useless in terms of pvp ? is there any hybrid build after the revamped ? thanks

#46 LufenianRazgriz

LufenianRazgriz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Matthew Kyrielite
  • of the Grand Order

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostMadara2000, on 20 October 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

just a noob question, so if i follow the pve build will i be useless in terms of pvp ? is there any hybrid build after the revamped ? thanks

I could say it's pretty much useless in PvP if you're going for a PvE build (I'm assuming you didn't take the Chemical Missile, Lv 1 PPB, no Flash Grenade, and Grav. Grenade.)

That's why GMs belong to one of the classes who really need another skill tree build (Skill Tree Expansion Coupon) for PvP.

Chemical Missile is good at juggling enemies in huge AoE, and Gravity Grenade disables foes which makes it a great combo skill.

I dunno what are the good builds for both PvE and PvP. I don't see any build that is an optimal universal build for GM.

#47 YuenAi

YuenAi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8614 posts
  • Pox-
  • DN, Greenwood
  • WhoarHouse

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

BCM isn't a that needed in Pvp, unless you're the cannon pvp-er and not the MM one

#48 Zekeriel

Zekeriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Zekriel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GM Bakazoku

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:48 PM

Not exactly, with a well placed ice tower you still can turn the tides in a 1v1 match, also, chemical grenade dishes out pretty good damage in PVP, the downside to not having BCM and gravity grenade, IMO, is that you lose the ability to disable and juggle your opponents. Otherwise in PVP i seldom use MM, unless it's for SA or to continue combos, then I would I use MM ice tower for the flinch

Also, for your so-called hybrid builds, I'm guessing they're builds that have the PVP essentials, you might want to redistribute some SP into skills like bubble bubble and gravity grenade. For example, lower mechashock to level 6 and big mecha bomb to level 1 and reinvest those SP into gravity/stun grenades and bubble.

Edited by Zekeriel, 23 October 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#49 YuenAi

YuenAi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8614 posts
  • Pox-
  • DN, Greenwood
  • WhoarHouse

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:01 PM

you can just drop big mecha, utility at Lv1 is just a waste of SP. You'll seldom use it in Pve since you're busy spamming MM Cannon, and pretty sure you'll never use it in Pvp

#50 DragonHaru

DragonHaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • DragonHaru, IJengJengI
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

Here's mine for PVP: (:])

Posted Image

Costume Main Weapon - Wax +1
Skill Necklace - Transitional Damage +1
Skill Earrings - Alfredo Whirlwind +1
Skill Ring - Mecha Bomb +1
Skill Ring - Chainsaw Tower +1

Edited by DragonHaru, 01 November 2014 - 08:00 PM.

#51 chyll2

chyll2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2165 posts
  • TsukiAoi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Relinquish

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:09 AM

imo, as long as you have gravity grenade (fairly useless in PVE) and flash grenade (termed as PVP skill, but I find it really useful in RAID and Nest). You can ladder and compete as long as you have enough practice. Prior to the boost, I would say most of the GM was able to reach 1.8k to 2k rating with a PVE build. (just pray you dont get a bringer cause it is like auto lose no matter how you outwit them, the cat can easily kill all of your summons)

Edited by chyll2, 12 November 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#52 wertzDN

wertzDN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

i am trying to revive my lvl50 GM. what is a viable build? for nest/raid on late content? ice build or dark/light with conversion jades? tnx.

#53 Zekeriel

Zekeriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Zekriel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GM Bakazoku

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostwertzDN, on 04 December 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

i am trying to revive my lvl50 GM. what is a viable build? for nest/raid on late content? ice build or dark/light with conversion jades? tnx.

for solo runs Ice ECJ would be powerful since you can achieve a max debuff of 75%, but you would need to max out your ice tower for a longer ice debuff duration. but if my memory serves me right, Volcano Nest at level 80 has some bosses with a 20% ice resistance, so u might wanna take note of that.

on the other hand, with classes like crusaders and inquisitors that could possibly provide light buffs and debuffs, light ecjs are also viable, and not to mention dark debuffs will be given to ravens' punishment and applause in the future.

in the end it depends on your party composition.

Edited by Zekeriel, 16 December 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#54 Neko08

Neko08

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1128 posts
  • Saberneko
  • DN, Springwood
  • ╰( ´◕ ᴥ ◕)つ──☆ ✿ ✿ ✿

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:57 AM

I tried the lvl80 Simulator to make a prototype build for PVP that suite my gamestyle but when I was finally done with my Engineer skills and moved to Gearmaster, I was left with not enough SP for my EX skills (:D) so I did some changes and I now have 6 more SP to spare.. but:
  • My Stun Grenade is.. lvl6 due to SP constraint.. (sorry)
  • My pingpong is at lvl1, Is this bad? I've read your posts and it looks like Pingppong is a must..
  • Gatling and Canon tower lvl1 ; Icepump and Chainsaw tower both at max level..
  • No Canon Blaster ; lvl 6 Biochem ~ I'd choose BCM for lifting (:>)
  • Got rocket jump, gravity grenade and flash grenade for utility ~ and Alfie Hurricane at lvl1 ..
  • Duck at lvl6 ; Shock and Bomb at lvl11 ;  Sirent at lvl1
  • Big Mecha Bomber is .. max.. not good? was thinking about it's EX with mini ducks..
Need some opinions about this ~

#55 Zekeriel

Zekeriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Zekriel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GM Bakazoku

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostNeko08, on 16 December 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

I tried the lvl80 Simulator to make a prototype build for PVP that suite my gamestyle but when I was finally done with my Engineer skills and moved to Gearmaster, I was left with not enough SP for my EX skills and=
  • My Stun Grenade is.. lvl6 due to SP constraint.. (sorry)
  • My pingpong is at lvl1, Is this bad? I've read your posts and it looks like Pingppong is a must..
  • Gatling and Canon tower lvl1 ; Icepump and Chainsaw tower both at max level..
  • No Canon Blaster ; lvl 6 Biochem ~ I'd choose BCM for lifting (:>)
  • Got rocket jump, gravity grenade and flash grenade for utility ~ and Alfie Hurricane at lvl1 ..
  • Duck at lvl6 ; Shock and Bomb at lvl11 ;  Sirent at lvl1
  • Big Mecha Bomber is .. max.. not good? was thinking about it's EX with mini ducks..
Need some opinions about this ~

Looks like you are working on a pure-pvp build, assuming that is true, here are my 2 cents:
  • The reason why I love PPB is because of its increasing board per bounce, and it is very effective against classes that summon
  • Mechaducks are pretty fragile, so in group PVP where everyone uses their AOE skills, your ducks petty much die out before they are able to land a mechabomb hit, whereas for 1v1, they are fairly easy to dodge unless you have your opponent locked with bubble, grav grenade, alfredo hurricane and/or wax.
  • Cannon blaster does not really have a good lifting effect, it merely flinches upon impact, and only lifts if both the impact and explosion hits, I use it more for harassing, and also from the recent DWC tournament cannon blaster can be used to transfer the stun effect of stun grenade if timed correctly.
  • I recommend a higher level of siren, as level 6 sirens remove 2 buffs, and against classes such as priests and mercs, it serves to rain hell on them. Damage is pretty impressive too.
  • BMB, regardless of EX or not, I feel is pretty much useless except for group PVP, for 1v1 I use it as a filler when my opponents are shocked
Hope that helped :)

#56 Neko08

Neko08

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1128 posts
  • Saberneko
  • DN, Springwood
  • ╰( ´◕ ᴥ ◕)つ──☆ ✿ ✿ ✿

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostZekeriel, on 16 December 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

Looks like you are working on a pure-pvp build, assuming that is true, here are my 2 cents:
Yes ~ pure PVP since the event will give me skill expansion tree which helps a lot because my current build now is pure PVE (sorry)
  • The reason why I love PPB is because of its increasing board per bounce, and it is very effective against classes that summon
How about in 1v1 scenarios?~ Does the opponent receive a higher damage compared when he is hit with only one bounce
in group?
  • Mechaducks are pretty fragile, so in group PVP where everyone uses their AOE skills, your ducks petty much die out before they are able to land a mechabomb hit, whereas for 1v1, they are fairly easy to dodge unless you have your opponent locked with bubble, grav grenade, alfredo hurricane and/or wax.
  • I recommend a higher level of siren, as level 6 sirens remove 2 buffs, and against classes such as priests and mercs, it serves to rain hell on them. Damage is pretty impressive too.
  I see ~ From lvl11 to lvl6 Mecha Bomber, I can move the 5SP to Siren to make it 6 ~
  • Cannon blaster does not really have a good lifting effect, it merely flinches upon impact, and only lifts if both the impact and explosion hits, I use it more for harassing, and also from the recent DWC tournament cannon blaster can be used to transfer the stun effect of stun grenade if timed correctly.
  Thanks for clearing this up for me.. I thought it can lift, so it can't.. Seems like it's kinda hard to use
  for me, might as well experiment it in DWC later ~
  • BMB, regardless of EX or not, I feel is pretty much useless except for group PVP, for 1v1 I use it as a filler when my opponents are shocked
   Now I know where to get some extra SP (:])
Hope that helped :)

Edit:
With that I somehow came up with this (:D)
but I think I made a mistake in Mecha Mode.. I forgot to ask and check about it's PVP stat (sorry)
Posted Image

Edited by Neko08, 16 December 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#57 Zekeriel

Zekeriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Zekriel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GM Bakazoku

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostNeko08, on 16 December 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

Edit:
With that I somehow came up with this br= but I think I made a mistake in Mecha Mode.. I forgot to ask and check about it's PVP stat (sorry)
Posted Image

Just to clear up some of your queries:
  • I cannot rmb offhand what exactly the stats for PVP are, but in PVE, a level 16 PPB will bounce 8 times, dealing an addition of 16% more damage per bounce, the last bounce will deal (number of bounces remaining)x16%, hence in pvp your opponent will receive 8x16% (IIRC) more damage.
  • IMHO MM in PVP has insignificant impact on your damage boost, not to mention you need really quick fingers to be able to control it well, however, MM Ice has really good SA break and good casting SA, so it's a pretty good counter for most opponents, that, being said, is the reason why I left MM at level 1.
  • Stun grenade is almost a must to max, get a +1skill accessory if need be.

#58 Lyrill

Lyrill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Aerylie
  • DN, Greenwood
  • ReikonShometsu | Despaired

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

Can you teach me how to use cannon blaster? I really don't have any idea about that skill :(

#59 Neko08

Neko08

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1128 posts
  • Saberneko
  • DN, Springwood
  • ╰( ´◕ ᴥ ◕)つ──☆ ✿ ✿ ✿

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostZekeriel, on 16 December 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

Just to clear up some of your queries:
  • I cannot rmb offhand what exactly the stats for PVP are, but in PVE, a level 16 PPB will bounce 8 times, dealing an addition of 16% more damage per bounce, the last bounce will deal (number of bounces remaining)x16%, hence in pvp your opponent will receive 8x16% (IIRC) more damage.
  • IMHO MM in PVP has insignificant impact on your damage boost, not to mention you need really quick fingers to be able to control it well, however, MM Ice has really good SA break and good casting SA, so it's a pretty good counter for most opponents, that, being said, is the reason why I left MM at level 1.
  • Stun grenade is almost a must to max, get a +1skill accessory if need be.

Thank you ~~~

#60 Zekeriel

Zekeriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Zekriel
  • DN, Greenwood
  • GM Bakazoku

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostLyrill, on 17 December 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Can you teach me how to use cannon blaster? I really don't have any idea about that skill :(

It's basically a skill that fires a shell in the direction u aimed it at, upon impact it will flinch, and explode after while. It's pretty hard to aim at long distances but can be used to knockdown flinched opponents (i.e. with PPB or duck), and then lifting them with the mini explosion. Otherwise u can perform a stun transfer by firing a cannon blaster and then throwing a maxed stun grenade following it.