[Suggestion] Names Of Lencea And Npcs Related To Her.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HagarenGT

HagarenGT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:05 AM

Since is probably coming on January patch (even if it doesn't, it will come eventually) like in NA, and to avoid a situation like the one that happpened with assassin.

-----------------------------
First is the name of the character: Lencea
I'll just quote myself from another thread.

View PostHagarenGT, on 02 December 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

From an interview with ED, about the name Lencea:

렌시아의 이름에서 ‘랜스’ 같은 분위기가 풍기는데, 캐릭터 명칭 비하인드가 궁금하다.

강지영 : 해외에는 란체아로 출시한다. 한국에는 동일한 스펠링으로 출시되지만 ‘랜스(Lance)’와 유사해 창술사라는 느낌을 주면서 여성적이고 귀족적인 부분을 살리기 위해 라틴어의 ‘란스’를 가져와 ‘렌시아’로 결정했다.

※ 란체아(Lencea) 란? ‘창’의 라틴어식 표현이다.

As you can see they know how to spell lance ‘랜스(Lance)’, so is not engrish as many believe.*

What I get from google translate is: devs used the latin word for lance (lancĕa) and wanted to make it feel more femenine and aristocrat, so they changed it to "Lencea".
Since you have (a) korean translator(s) I'm sure you can understand what devs said. Also, you have never changed a class name so I don't think is a good idea to start now.

* "proper" engrish for lancer would be 랜서 = laenseo

---------------------------

Now, the name of her father: Ras Justitia

View PostHagarenGT, on 20 August 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

라스 유스티티아 (Ras Justitia, Karacule describes him as someone who loves justice so I think that's the proper romanization).
Client file names show him as Lath or Lass, but those definitely aren't fit for an old man name, so avoid those.

----------------------------

For her sister: no suggestions besides how is spelt in file names: Eltia

For her friend: file name aren't consistent but mostly use: Kaye (there are also Kay, Kei, K, but with a name like that is hard to find its origin, so anything is ok, unless you ask devs directly)

And lastly, don't use NA texts, their translations contain a lot of unnecessary changes.

======================================

I hope Mantou or any mod please forward this to the translation team before the release.

Edited by HagarenGT, 12 January 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#2 Chocorroles

Chocorroles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7628 posts
  • Kuha
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

Isn't the proper romanization of the name Ras "Rath"? I remember something similar happened in Final Fantasy VI, because for Japanese (and Korean too) speakers do not have the "th" sound and there was some confusion. So Sephiroth was correctly spelled, but Aerith came as "Aeris". Seeing "Lath" and "Lass" up there makes me think they were trying to write Rath.

Rath seems to have been a popular German name that meant "wise one" :V

Also you should have pointed out that the "Engrish" for Korean for Lancer is not Lencea, but Lensao (or something like that). At least to shut up people who insist on that.

Edited by Chocorroles, 12 January 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#3 HagarenGT

HagarenGT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

Yes, Rath is a valid romanization, but considering "Lencea" and "Justitia" are derived from latin words and "Ras" is a variant of the latin form of a greek name, I decided to go for "Ras" instead of "Rath".

Edited by HagarenGT, 12 January 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#4 Chocorroles

Chocorroles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7628 posts
  • Kuha
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostHagarenGT, on 12 January 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Yes, Rath is a valid romanization, but considering "Lencea" and "Justitia" are derived from latin words and "Ras" is a variant of the latin form of a greek name, I decided to go for "Ras" instead of "Rath".

Alright, I see.

#5 siakpay01

siakpay01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • ghi01
  • DN, Springwood
  • farmerguild

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

how about some square stuff

#6 Chocorroles

Chocorroles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7628 posts
  • Kuha
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:29 AM

Bumping this thread, even NA agaisnt all odds kept the name "Lencea". They probably learned their lesson after Tinkerer... Changing the name of the base class only complicates searching guides and stuff related.