• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1260 posts
  • RazorFan
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Salvatore

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:17 AM

View Post3xtFifty, on 02 January 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

Well anyway im starting to think dev actiually did something right. The revamp for screamers, weighted with the light preference, really balanced out the kali classes, making each and everyone of them acceptable. Hoping this is actually true after seeing pubs reactions when revamp comes to SEA. For once devs didnt over revamp a class.

while they didnt overrevamp a class, kalis are still the at the bottom of the damage ladder for sure. not that i really care or what because I do enjoy kalis as a whole, thats why i gear them and im sure thats why kouzaku gears his as well. However, facing reality, all 4 kalis are near the bottom of the damage ladder. Of course, at the bottom you have your saint, elestra, destroyer etc. the acro boost actually made acros viable again(yet hard to use). i find it quite annoying they keep saying they want to make kali a dps class but yet are taking directions in an obvious attempt to make kali a more and more supportive class while cancelling out any roles as a DPS class. promising but not delivering.. just like our revamp that was delayed.

Edited by RazorFan, 03 January 2015 - 09:21 AM.

#42 3xtFifty

3xtFifty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts
  • 3xtBlade <3 BD
  • DN, Springwood
  • Hiatus

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostRazorFan, on 03 January 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

while they didnt overrevamp a class, kalis are still the at the bottom of the damage ladder for sure. not that i really care or what because I do enjoy kalis as a whole, thats why i gear them and im sure thats why kouzaku gears his as well. However, facing reality, all 4 kalis are near the bottom of the damage ladder. Of course, at the bottom you have your saint, elestra, destroyer etc. the acro boost actually made acros viable again(yet hard to use). i find it quite annoying they keep saying they want to make kali a dps class but yet are taking directions in an obvious attempt to make kali a more and more supportive class while cancelling out any roles as a DPS class. promising but not delivering.. just like our revamp that was delayed.
DPS... Perhaps for those who gear their character very well wants to see the big numbers, which is natural, but for myself, im just glad that class discrimination isnt there. Perhaps their revamp of screamers of their supportive capability could mean that the devs are no longer trying to make every class DPS, but rather make them more distinctive in their roles?

#43 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostEtherGee, on 03 January 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

This one is a good read finally someone made a new guide about dancers and explained it well. We need more recruits for the juicy melons class hehe.

Gratz on the guide (:])

thanks sir! (:&gt;) More love to kalis! (clap)  Still under progress, haven't proofread it yet or anything (sob)

#44 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

I still find it odd that the difference in terms of numbers between engineers/chasers from kalis are blatantly obvious but they haven't tried to fix it yet. During the Loffy Adventure thing (dunno it's exact name since i only tried it once), the cost of each crescent part of kalis are only 1kg, i even saw a crescent jutti for 500g. That's really sad, and even my party before finds it hard to sell BDN Unique Kali items in TH since only a handful buys them.

Class discrimination against dancers has already started during the late 70 cap. It's only subtle but I can see it already where people always requests for my SE instead of my dancer. Based from my experience, dancers are still welcome, but not as wanted like during the DDN era. The nerf on dance 2 was the last straw (the +1 skill heraldry haven't been released yet). In terms of damage, we're already left behind... by a mile.

Edited by Kouzaku, 03 January 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#45 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10203 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

Our own damage is comparably less than those top DPSer. But the boost provided from Genie + P2 is still outstanding, if it's not surpassing Ice stack. And there will be ice stacking nerf in the future, so it's not only us who get the short end of the stick.

SD Praetor EX is the only "decent" number in 80 cap era. I feel GDB EX no longer pack as much punch like it was in 70 cap.

#46 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

View Postfourrier, on 03 January 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Our own damage is comparably less than those top DPSer. But the boost provided from Genie + P2 is still outstanding, if it's not surpassing Ice stack. And there will be ice stacking nerf in the future, so it's not only us who get the short end of the stick.

SD Praetor EX is the only "decent" number in 80 cap era. I feel GDB EX no longer pack as much punch like it was in 70 cap.

I agree! And i think the fact that they didn't increase the level cap of skills (which is a good idea tbh) in 80 cap along with the rise of 80 ex, makes GDB ex' dps so-so already. On a side note.. I wonder what's taking acro and elestra's so long to arrive here in SEA, it's already on the 5th month...

#47 EtherGee

EtherGee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • loli chan
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostKouzaku, on 03 January 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

I still find it odd that the difference in terms of numbers between engineers/chasers from kalis are blatantly obvious but they haven't tried to fix it yet. During the Loffy Adventure thing (dunno it's exact name since i only tried it once), the cost of each crescent part of kalis are only 1kg, i even saw a crescent jutti for 500g. That's really sad, and even my party before finds it hard to sell BDN Unique Kali items in TH since only a handful buys them.

Class discrimination against dancers has already started during the late 70 cap. It's only subtle but I can see it already where people always requests for my SE instead of my dancer. Based from my experience, dancers are still welcome, but not as wanted like during the DDN era. The nerf on dance 2 was the last straw (the +1 skill heraldry haven't been released yet). In terms of damage, we're already left behind... by a mile.

Ya remember one time when i accidentally clicked a BDN salwar and bought it haha if i had not misinput it would not be sold haha..The dps of dancers really sux compared to SE but i feel on raid setting the dancer really helpful since not all can abuse the puppet hehe

#48 BlackjackCW

BlackjackCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • CheapShy
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • CheapJings

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostRazorFan, on 03 January 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

It's true that kalis are not first line dps.. maybe bottom of second line?
But honestly, i found that not everyone able to handle/pilot kali.. what i meant is .. they dont know the timing? or .. yea
for example, like dancer, maybe not everyone can dance at the right time and sync with ur pt members.
and for screamer, maybe the set up sequence, the way to set up is not effective enough.
In fact, i feel like kali is a job that require a good piloting skill.
if not, you cannot maximize her potential.

View PostKouzaku, on 03 January 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

but honestly, if we say about engineer (to be more specific, Shooting Star), and raven? the way to control/pilot a raven/shooting star is quite easy ( no offense but .. based on my experience )
so, using SS to do dps and using Raven to do dps is much more effective and .. trust-able.
my friend used 5 mins to learn how to use a raven (oo;) but he still dont know how to use dancer (T.T)

and sometimes, i dont really trust a pub dancer/screamer =.= ( i know is bad but .. yea ... sorry guys (sob) )

#49 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

View PostBlackjackCW, on 03 January 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

but honestly, if we say about engineer (to be more specific, Shooting Star), and raven? the way to control/pilot a raven/shooting star is quite easy ( no offense but .. based on my experience )
so, using SS to do dps and using Raven to do dps is much more effective and .. trust-able.
my friend used 5 mins to learn how to use a raven (oo;) but he still dont know how to use dancer (T.T)

and sometimes, i dont really trust a pub dancer/screamer =.= ( i know is bad but .. yea ... sorry guys (sob) )

I know that feel, i don't trust pub kalis too. Actually, i do think shooting stars need a good pilot. I pt with a shooting star before who always runs out of bullets during burst period because he just spams 10 splashes thinking it's enough. Especially at bdn where the burst period is important (e.g. After ice wall golem), a pub shooting before always complains he has only 4-5 bullets during that because he spams everything at the beginning.. Where i didn't face that problem because i stop spamming after ice stack disappears. The dance 2 timing in BDN dragon is easy, unless if you're unlucky and the dragon kept flying =.=

#50 Kryleguest

Kryleguest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 643 posts
  • CIitorie Yukinba Amarjaa
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • BONDAGE

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

I'm having a dilemma atm in 80 cap about which of the two dancer class would have more potential in 80 cap nests? I know it's like too early LOL since red dragon has yet to arrive but which would be better for the upcoming nests like volcano nest and volcano ordeal nest since I see both dancers are having their own problems atm(SD's last hit crits are quite hard to pull off[3/5 times] and i could only cast 2 to 3 skills[if lucky] on bursting windows as BD). I'm aware of the huge difference in DPS between the two classes(not that I care about that much LOL) but I enjoy using both classes haha xD

P.S: finally a dancer guide <33

Edited by Kryleguest, 03 January 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#51 Sepherenne

Sepherenne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Sepherenne
  • DN, Greenwood
  • ReikonShometsu

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostKouzaku, on 01 January 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

Skill Ranks

This is currently the skill chart of all the skills. This includes the additional 60% fd given by breeze call dance and illusion dance (which is permanent already if you cast it every 11 sec, thanks to 65 passive and cd plate).

Posted Image

Just a question, Fancy Turn can be boosted by BCD or was that an error? BTW great guide (:])

#52 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

Oh crap, stupid me! I'll put it down

Edit: thank you for noticing Sepherenne (:])

Edited by Kouzaku, 03 January 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#53 BlackjackCW

BlackjackCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • CheapShy
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • CheapJings

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostKouzaku, on 03 January 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

I know that feel, i don't trust pub kalis too. Actually, i do think shooting stars need a good pilot. I pt with a shooting star before who always runs out of bullets during burst period because he just spams 10 splashes thinking it's enough. Especially at bdn where the burst period is important (e.g. After ice wall golem), a pub shooting before always complains he has only 4-5 bullets during that because he spams everything at the beginning.. Where i didn't face that problem because i stop spamming after ice stack disappears. The dance 2 timing in BDN dragon is easy, unless if you're unlucky and the dragon kept flying =.=

i know rightt (oo;) .. sometimes i feel like telling them should/shouldnt do in this way... but .. i scare they will feel like "huh?! who do u think u are?" something like this (sorry)

#54 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

View PostKryleguest, on 03 January 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

I'm having a dilemma atm in 80 cap about which of the two dancer class would have more potential in 80 cap nests? I know it's like too early LOL since red dragon has yet to arrive but which would be better for the upcoming nests like volcano nest and volcano ordeal nest since I see both dancers are having their own problems atm(SD's last hit crits are quite hard to pull off[3/5 times] and i could only cast 2 to 3 skills[if lucky] on bursting windows as BD). I'm aware of the huge difference in DPS between the two classes(not that I care about that much LOL) but I enjoy using both classes haha xD

P.S: finally a dancer guide <33

I still think both dancers are only taken because of dance 2. If the devs removes dance 2 from dancers, it will become a dead class. This is the only job that the saying "pick whichever job you enjoy" is applicable. Both dancers are on par in terms of their value in both nest and raid parties and are neck to neck in terms of their dps. SD has a lower dps but her fast cd makes up for it, and BD on the other hand has a higher damage but with a longer cd. In terms of computing between "damage per second" both are just on the same ground.

For me, 60 cap was Spirit Dancer's era and 70 cap was Blade Dancer's time. In 80 cap, both became equally the same. cmiiw though (:])

View PostBlackjackCW, on 03 January 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

i know rightt (oo;) .. sometimes i feel like telling them should/shouldnt do in this way... but .. i scare they will feel like "huh?! who do u think u are?" something like this (sorry)

and i remember i scolded a majesty because of her skill rotation (:&gt;) using BT out of nowhere, gravity ascension after gravity switch.. i was like whutt?!! (mad)  Or even an elestra using blizzard on the paladin on phase 1 of dragon (clap)

#55 RazorFan

RazorFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1260 posts
  • RazorFan
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Salvatore

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:42 AM

im considering changing to dancer just to test numbers and stuff but i totally forgot the cost of +13ing bdn L weapons... OTL the curiosity is killing me though.

#56 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

View PostRazorFan, on 04 January 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:

im considering changing to dancer just to test numbers and stuff but i totally forgot the cost of +13ing bdn L weapons... OTL the curiosity is killing me though.

The problem is definitely the L weapons, unless you'll use a BDN unique chakram for awhile? Nah, the amount of jellies i used for a +10 unique is greater than the amount of jellies i used to +12 an L-grade.  That RNG (mad)

#57 Kryleguest

Kryleguest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 643 posts
  • CIitorie Yukinba Amarjaa
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • BONDAGE

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostKouzaku, on 04 January 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

The problem is definitely the L weapons, unless you'll use a BDN unique chakram for awhile? Nah, the amount of jellies i used for a +10 unique is greater than the amount of jellies i used to +12 an L-grade.  That RNG (mad)

Used 300 jellies and I gave up LOL I let mine stayed at +9 D: and I'mma test SD again in 2 days owo

Edited by Kryleguest, 04 January 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#58 3xtFifty

3xtFifty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts
  • 3xtBlade <3 BD
  • DN, Springwood
  • Hiatus

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostRazorFan, on 04 January 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:

Wai not use the simulator O_o

Btw @Kouzaku, i think adding BDN L earring for the accessories section isnt a bad idea? Since it does give fd bonus on a 3 set. And dancers generally can just go for rings and earrings, leaving the neck for a dance 2 neck. Idk where i read it but i heard 3 set BDN L is generally better for light dpsers then dark dpsers since it does make stacking Fd easier(only if the dancer stacks fd), wheres it wont work for dark since dark does have toughs for neck and earrings.

Edit: it seems Kouzaku is still livin in 2014 based on the change log hahaha xD

Edited by 3xtFifty, 04 January 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#59 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostKryleguest, on 04 January 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Used 300 jellies and I gave up LOL I let mine stayed at +9 D: and I'mma test SD again in 2 days owo

My medals are already enough for me to revert back to SD again. Nah, i'll stay as SD for awhile until i get my 2nd weapon. :3

View Post3xtFifty, on 04 January 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

Btw @Kouzaku, i think adding BDN L accessory for the accessories section isnt a bad idea? Since it does give fd bonus on a 3 set. And dancers generally can just go for rings and earrings, leaving the neck for a dance 2 neck

I'm still thinking about it though. I'll add something when i get home. But, simply relying on it for FD is definitely not worth it unless you're already stacking FD in plates. FD light dancers can use this, but the cost of these BDN L acce is a turn off already. Additionally, the loss of pattack 4.31% and 4.5% str (i think) will be felt since BDN L weapons and armor pcs. Gives a really high str bonus stats in its enhancement. Dark dancers using this will be also sacrifing their tough acce. All i can say is, 3 pc. BDN L acce is okay if you're already stacking FD in plates, but i would still recommend DDN L acce though ._.

Edited by Kouzaku, 04 January 2015 - 11:30 AM.

#60 3xtFifty

3xtFifty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts
  • 3xtBlade <3 BD
  • DN, Springwood
  • Hiatus

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

View PostKouzaku, on 04 January 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

My medals are already enough for me to revert back to SD again. Nah, i'll stay as SD for awhile until i get my 2nd weapon. :3

I'm still thinking about it though. I'll add something when i get home. But, simply relying on it for FD is definitely not worth it unless you're already stacking FD in plates. FD light dancers can use this, but the cost of these BDN L acce is a turn off already. Additionally, the loss of pattack 4.31% and 4.5% str (i think) will be felt since BDN L weapons and armor pcs. Gives a really high str bonus stats in its enhancement. Dark dancers using this will be also sacrifing their tough acce. All i can say is, 3 pc. BDN L acce is okay if you're already stacking FD in plates, but i would still recommend DDN L acce though ._.
Woops i did edit some stuff >_<. I kind of like to edit my comments alot hahahaha