[Updated] ~ Luxtroll's 93Cap Moonlord Skill And Gear Recommendation Guide [Update In Progress]

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#1 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

I.) Skill Build Guidelines (mainly PvE based)

I.I) Disclaimer:
  • As you may have noticed, I didn’t took the time to make a 90 cap guide since given the fast pace of the updates, there was no time for me to actually complete my gears and skill build. Even at the end of 90cap, I was having issues primarily with my own skill build, given its SP constraints.
  • Another reason why I didn’t bother making a 90cap guide for Moonlord’s is that, our brother Gladiator’s got a penultimate boost thus, rendering us on the same playing field, back in 90 cap.
  • This 93cap build of mine is still raw and could change. Rest assured, you my readers will be thoroughly informed as I try to eliminate the SP constraints and give the Moonlord a more hybrid setup. In addition, I am only to provide 1 core and dedicated skill tree (before was 2 different skill builds) since, the SP constraints just eats up the SP’s or limit me from adding more SP’s to certain skills. This is clearly seen below on the Sword Master Tree.
  • This build still retained some of my original skill build from 50 – 90cap for flexibility and mob control, but definitely had to focus SP’s onto the awakening tree prerequisites, given its strict requirements (e.g. maxed Eclipse for Eclipse awakening).
  • It is highly recommended that when you are revamping your skills (e.g. via Skill Initialization Scrolls, Change Jobs from other warriors > Moonlord, or Oblivion Contracts) that you must remove all your +1 skill accessories, weapon costumes, and the +1 skill plate (Cash Skill Plate). These things affect your skills and you may wrongly assume you met the initial criteria for the awakening tree and decided to throw the excess SP’s to either maxing other skills that doesn’t even fit the awakening tree criteria nor recommended.
  • Main element I have is Dark Element. However, with 90cap’s element changes basically lets you choose the best element that you think is the cheapest, easiest and more beneficial for you to attain. Nope I don’t have tough accessories. :D

I.II) Skill Build: Warrior Tree

Posted Image

Key Notes ~
  • Pretty straight forward. Nothing to explain further. Though 1 important thing to note here, is how I distributed the SP’s, mainly, focused majority of my SP’s through Impact Wave only. Not really a fan here of Circle Break. However, it’s still optional to get Circle Break and level it up to 9, then leave Impact Wave to Level 1. I get it some Moonlords, prefer Circle Break’s iframe and damage over Impact Wave’s puny damage.
  • Getting Sweeping Kick or Drop Kick is optional. I just went for Drop Kick for that extra airtime.
  • Maxed Dash. Duh (crazy) (bow) But seriously, I hate the new dash animation. Has that “wave” thing when you run. I like the old dash better.
  • Skill build has all skill accessories, weapon costumes and skill +1 plate taken out for a better glimpse of the skill build.

I.III) Skill Build: Sword Master Tree

Posted Image

Key Notes ~
  • My previous skill build (90cap which I haven’t given a clue about), had a maxed Triple Slash. However, this cap, with its outrageous SP constraints and awakening skill tree issues, I had no choice but to drop it again back to level 1. Front Shove is more of a filler skill and its back step iframe still has a lot of use. Also, there’s a perfectly good reason why I still kept this 2 skills and will be explained later.
  • Maxed Eclipse, Provoking Slam – Prerequisites for the Awakening skills. Strictly required.
  • Maxed Cyclone Slash for the Awakening tree is a must. Extremely spam-able and also your main bubble source to be able to cast Moon Blade Dance EX, Half-Moon Slash and Half-Moon Slash Instant.
  • Maxed Half-Moon Slash. Damage of this skill (given if geared above average or heavily) is exceptional and is on par with Moon Blade Dance. High burst, low bubble consumption spam-able. Consumes 5 bubbles whether you cast this the normal way or using the instant method.
  • Level 1 Parry Stance. Great life saver especially if some stomps, counter attacks or direct attacks can be blocked. Best casted if you are in need of blocking while casting other skills (e.g. casting Cyclone Slash but you need to defend/block. You can cancel Cyclone Slash by simply pressing the hotkey for Parrying Stance). Works roughly similar to Evasion Slash from Gladiator’s at the cost of giving up on casting other skills for defending. Used to have this on level 2 but, thanks to the SP prerequisites of the Awakening Tree and its SP constraints, dropped it to level 1. Spam-able though, a 5 second cooldown is worth it.
  • Maxed Crescent Cleave. Given the correct positioning and making use of the focused version (pressing back [S] before skill cast) this skill still proves it worth. Highly recommended to be both skill plated, having the Necklace + 1 skill accessory will have a great effect. Though used to be 2 hits at once, recent revamps made it to 1 hit only but the board damage is greatly increased. I guess that’s fair in all honesty.
  • The rest are pretty self-explanatory like a maxed Brave, Great Wave, level 1 Aerial Combo and Counter Exile.
  • Skill build has all skill accessories, weapon costumes and skill +1 plate taken out for a better glimpse of the skill build.

I.IV) Skill Build: Moonlord Tree

Posted Image

Key Notes ~
  • Pretty straight-forward build. This is the only skill tree almost all Moonlords have in common.
  • Maxed Flash Stance. Optional skill leveling for Flash Stance will be at the player’s disposal. Deals average damage for a 10-second cooldown. Generates 2 bubbles for every successful hit on any mob or foe.
  • Moon Blade Dance (non-EX) vs. Moon Blade Dance EX. Personally, this is down to sheer self-preference. I still prefer the EX version due to its hit count and obviously, its damage. The 200% Helm Breaker (descent wave upon left clicking once the 1st 5 waves are released) still offers a heck-a-lot of good damage and hit count. I understand others prefer the non-EX version simply due to spamming even though it’s really quite easy to regain 30 bubbles back. In addition, this is your main source for reducing the cooldown time for Smash X in the Awakening Tree. Consumes a full 30 bubbles upon cast. It is wise to use this skill when Brave is buffed (self-buffed) and you have 50 bubbles.
  • Half-Moon Slash Instant. For those who don’t know yet, this is our new instant skill after removing our previous instant which was Flash Stance instant from Tumble > Flash Stance which fire off 3 waves at a time that lasts for 2 seconds. This new instant of ours combined with the low cooldown upon casting Provoking Slam, makes Half-Moon Slash effective for damage burst and mob wipe guarantee in seconds. Consumes 5 bubbles whether casted using normal method or using instant method.

I.V) Skill Build: Awakening Tree

Posted Image

**Just look at the right side of the image**
Key Notes ~
  • Immediately, you’ll notice that I didn’t take Moon Blader. Reason is quite simple. It’s a Sacred Hammering rip-off skill from our brother Paladins. Yes, I do know it reduces the cooldown of Smash X 2-seconds if this skill hits successfully. Then again, the animation of the sword energies can’t hit the air even if I tilt the screen pointing upward. The skill has a screen-lock animation and can’t change direction. Has a stall time of about a full second. Unless I get an Evasion Slash-like skill (aside from Parrying Stance or Eclipse Awakening) that offers iframe and high SA and SA-Break, there is no way you can include this in your rotation of skills. Besides, Moon Blade Dance (whether EX or non-EX) reduces the cooldown of Smash X far better than Moon Blader. I would say this is an optional take for anyone who want to test out the skill for themselves. But personally and in all honesty of an opinion, not worth taking/casting a skill that could get you killed while blindly clicking left click. If you're fully knowledgeable about the Moonlord's skill rotations, reducing the CD of Smash X is easy as eating cake.
  • It’s a must you met all the criteria’s for getting the Awakening Passives namely; Maxed Moonlight Splitter, Cyclone Slash, Provoking Slam and Eclipse from the Sword Master Tree. If these aforementioned skills aren’t maxed, you won’t be able to take the awakening skills for them especially if you lack SP’s.
  • Awakening Cyclone Slash provides a faster cast time. Needless to say, accuracy still isn’t an issue, even with the faster cast time, you can hit mobs and or large to extra-large bosses accurately. Only issue I’ve faced with this awakening is the very big cyclone in front of me. If I ever go in the center of the cyclone itself, I’m experiencing FPS drops. Other times, especially on cramped ways on the dungeon/nest, sometimes, blocks my view.  Also, this is your main source of bubbles as this generates 10 bubbles per cast with a low cooldown (6 seconds), ideal for spamming.
  • Awakening Moonlight Splitter. Used to fire off 3 ‘crescents.’ Upon getting the awakening for it, it’s re-animated to cyclones. One disadvantage upon taking its awakening version is that, the ability of moonlight splitter's to hit aerial targets (e.g. cyclone slash lifts tiny mobs, adding MLS ensures combo's are retained) has been eliminated. Greatly effective on large bosses (e.g. Golem toadstool at close range etc.) when all 3 mini cyclones are caught by the enemy. Generates 10 bubbles upon cast. Same CD time and still ideal for spamming. The 3 cyclones you release, generates lift effective for tiny mobs (e.g. goblins).
  • Awakening Eclipse. Generates 10 bubbles upon cast. Like Evasion Slash from our brother Gladiators, you can use this skill to cancel any skill, mid-cast (except Moon Blade Dance and other aerial skills) by tapping the space bar. Maxed as required. It also lowers the cooldown time of it by 1 second per each level you up it. At level 10, cooldown is around 9 seconds. If you like spamming this skill a lot, getting the Cash Skill Plate +1 and a Skill ring for it is quite a good call. At level 12, the cooldown time is 7 seconds. Releases 4 cyclones on 4 key directions (North, South, East and West directions) as well upon cast. The cyclones generates lift upon hit as well similar as to what cyclone slash does. Effective for tiny mobs (e.g. goblins).
  • Awakening Provoking Slam. Skill cast is re-invented to have more frontal and side AoE (Area of Effect) and a more epic animation. Debuff is still capped at 20% (Physical and Magical debuff) but to get the awakening, the provoking slam from the Sword Master Tree should be maxed. Another good thing about this awakening skill is that, it generates lift, highly effective for PvP when your foe is knocked down and is about to counter attack. This is your trigger (both normal and awakening) skill for Half-Moon Slash Instant. Does not consume bubbles.
  • Smash X. Yes. Every Moonlord’s favorite new skill. It’s basically a Gigantic Bomber (Mercenary Ultimate Skill) + Great Wave (Sword Master Ultimate Skill) rip-off skill. Extremely powerful for a 2-pronged hit count. However, limited to a very close range. So melee that, if the mob or boss you’re trying to kill using this skill moves just a little further, it’s an auto miss already. So with caution, before using this skill, always make sure to predict a bit the boss’s movements and always try to judge the distance between your Moonlord and the boss/mob to the best that you can. Cooldown is 80 seconds, which is our longest cooling down skill (excluding Great Wave), but can be reduced when Moon Blade Dance hits foes directly or accurately. Reduce the cooldown time of Smash X by 2 seconds when either Moon Blade Dance or Moon Blader hits accurately. Highly recommended to use this skill if Brave is up and you have 50 bubbles. DOES NOT CONSUME bubbles upon cast making it a high burst skill. Effective against large sized bosses to dragon sized bosses, especially if non-mobile ones. Also, effective for SA break mechanics in nests or raids.
==================================
II.) Test Run

Edited by Luxtroll, 14 October 2016 - 10:57 PM.

#2 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:39 AM

Do watch on 720HD or higher for better resolution!

Current Level 80 cap Gears and Skill Build (Both of them)
Enjoy (:])

This is basically the summary of the entire build I have. Inclusive of my current up to date gears, the weapons I am currently using, the jades and everything. Feel free to pause for each item you see so that you may get to see the current jades or stats they contain..

EDIT: August 19th, 2015.

Updated Gears with Test Run. Enjoy!
Do watch on 720HD or higher for a better resolution!

EDIT: December 31st, 2015

Current (80cap Final set of gears) and experimental skill build for 90 cap. Enjoy

Edited by Luxtroll, 31 December 2015 - 03:27 AM.

#3 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

RESERVED FOR VIDEOS (RANDOM RUNS INCLUSIVE)

Edited by Luxtroll, 27 February 2015 - 04:48 AM.

#4 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

RESERVED JUST FOR FUN BECAUSE I WANT TO (:>)

Edited by Luxtroll, 27 February 2015 - 04:49 AM.

#5 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5340 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:20 AM

Goodluck with your guide (:])

#6 ShaunShaunShaun3

ShaunShaunShaun3

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10084 posts
  • Elfsia (Elestra)
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

nice :>

#7 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:18 AM

Without some pictures or videos for now lads... what do you think of the descriptions? Just needing opinions on whether I should continue this or not.. I'll prolly be able to finish this before mid-march..

#8 HublahAum

HublahAum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts
  • Arcevei
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lolicons

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:48 PM

er, if i may, i would like to ask for your current build (pics on the skill tree etc etc)
i'm currently making a moonlord, and when distributing the sp, despite my agreement with the points you written, i can't seem to get the sp distribution right... like, no sp if want to up wave, but then i have enough to have rage lv 11...
*and im quite confused wether to get rage or not, your elaboration are very acceptable, but then it's like, i feel like i should be putting tons of the points in magic tree instead...

#9 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

View PostHublahAum, on 25 February 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

er, if i may, i would like to ask for your current build (pics on the skill tree etc etc)
i'm currently making a moonlord, and when distributing the sp, despite my agreement with the points you written, i can't seem to get the sp distribution right... like, no sp if want to up wave, but then i have enough to have rage lv 11...
*and im quite confused wether to get rage or not, your elaboration are very acceptable, but then it's like, i feel like i should be putting tons of the points in magic tree instead...

Will provide the necessary images once I go home today.. Been very busy at work lately by fortunately, its letting me breath from time to time and improving it..

Again sorry about it..

#10 HublahAum

HublahAum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts
  • Arcevei
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lolicons

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:42 AM

View PostLuxtroll, on 25 February 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

Will provide the necessary images once I go home today.. Been very busy at work lately by fortunately, its letting me breath from time to time and improving it..

Again sorry about it..
don't be, its great already that you are willing to make guide to help peoples, and besides, real life thingies are much more important compared to cyber one

#11 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:47 AM

UPDATED!

- Improved description for the Enhancement plates

- Talisman descriptions / guide included

************Skill build for both of the trees will be uploaded later in the day..

#12 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:02 AM

Bump!!!

images provided.. Hope they help and need you feedback regarding them..

#13 Deicidium

Deicidium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • saranghae Ga-in ♥
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

how about jades (:D)

#14 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:57 PM

View PostDeicidium, on 10 March 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

how about jades br=
Thanks for suggesting.. Will include them on the miscellaneous part...

#15 Valierre

Valierre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Elliesia
  • DN, Holywood
  • PettanChronicle

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:51 AM

Btw, I tried this one build where you level Counter Slash to Lv11(this brings its cd down to 1sec IIRC) and wear a dmg plate of it. This goes well with higher level of parrying stance you proposed. The damage was amazing.

Although this build didn't suit me as I'd rather dodge and iframe than parrying. Still! This might give a few alternatives. Maybe from the Hybrid build, you can lower LineDrive and allocate on Counter Slash.

Also, you can actually cancel hacking stance with right clicking even without EX(i think you have to hold W as well, not quite sure). Good luck on the guide!

#16 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:08 AM

View PostValierre, on 11 March 2015 - 02:51 AM, said:

Btw, I tried this one build where you level Counter Slash to Lv11(this brings its cd down to 1sec IIRC) and wear a dmg plate of it. This goes well with higher level of parrying stance you proposed. The damage was amazing.
Ah yes.. Thanks for highlighting this. I forgot to mention this on my skill builds on why I didn't take on Counter Slash / Wave build.

The reason is simple, majority of the newer contents on the game can't block attacks. Only a handful of known attacks from monsters and bosses can be countered with block / parry.

The Counter Slash / Wave build was fairly and explicitly recommended by Aikawakazu as a means of general information from being a supportive build for hybrid MLs. Lemme discuss the tricky part. If you noticed (from Aikawakazu's level 70 cap ML skill build video) it works best if the monster has a constant skill that is blockable (in the video's case, Flame breath ; Fire ogre). However, the tricky part isn't casting the skill itself, the tricky part is when the monster / enemy moves after casting their skills. Assuming that aside from the Fire Ogre, other (level 80 cap monsters) monsters can cast the similar skill but move sideways or even dodge / block it?

Do note that Counter Wave is a single trajectory skill and Counter Slash may cover a good AoE but it has limited range. If you managed to block their attacks using parry, you can't guarantee 100% that they won't move sideways or to dodge the Counter Wave / Slash or worse, block it.

Its true that damage growth is superior compared to a maxed CS and definitely a far better option compared to a maxed Line Drive. However, as the player who mained the Moonlord for more than 3 years, I wouldn't want to stand in one place, block monster attacks and cast 2 reactive skills that can't guarantee versatility and accuracy.

Then again, hybrids are all about maximizing, utilization and adaptability. I have taken note of your point and will do experiments on my own and differentiate my point of view from that of Aikawakazu's point.

*waiting for another freebie Skill Initialization Scroll event* (:>)

View PostValierre, on 11 March 2015 - 02:51 AM, said:

Also, you can actually cancel hacking stance with right clicking even without EX(i think you have to hold W as well, not quite sure). Good luck on the guide!
Still a far more hassle-risky and even dangerous way to cancel Hacking Stance with having to do that much as compared to the EX version where a simple right click instantly cancels 'the stance' itself (+ a very flashy move to cancel it) and you can connect Evasion Slash if you noticed the lack of iframe from cancelling Hacking Stance..

To add, like in the guide, even if you can cancel it, it will still leave you completely open for counter attacks on the dungeon and less reaction time to jump as you need to wait for a 0.3 second pause time to return to a normal stance where as Evasion Slash shines the best due to its instant cast time.

(;])

#17 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:52 AM

BUMP

Soon to be included.

1st Memo 1 run (Orgre part only)

Recommended Jades.

Video about My skill builds + my current items (20% 80 cap items and 80% 70cap items)

#18 Ungarmax

Ungarmax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:11 AM

cool guide! Looking forward for more vids!

Btw need some help regarding Critical problem.

My ML is a pure INT and VIT jade build so i got no room for crits and sad i also cant afford 3rd stat heraldies w/ Crit (but i am saving golds for this! atleast 4 heraldies w/ 3rd stat crit! (mad) (mad) (mad) (mad) ). Is it wise to uses fatal jades (2 for my acce only) ? (Me got no ECJ as of now (shame) (T.T) )

P.S
w/ 2 Fatal jade total crit is about 44% :o and also i cant put any Fatal Talisman anymore since the one that I put was/had been KANG'D (tense) (the free talisman expansion , forgot to remove it :( so yeah stuck w/ 40-ish crit %)

Edited by Ungarmax, 21 March 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#19 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostUngarmax, on 21 March 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

cool guide! Looking forward for more vids!

Btw need some help regarding Critical problem.

My ML is a pure INT and VIT jade build so i got no room for crits and sad i also cant afford 3rd stat heraldies w/ Crit . Is it wise that i should use to fatal jades in my acce? (Me got no ECJ as of now)

Hi thanks for the compliment.

As for lacking CRIT, I can recommend for you to replace one of your Superior Magician Jade with Superior Fatal Jade. Though, it is pretty much inevitable that you'll lose a valuable amount of MATK, but I can guarantee that the effects are quite opposite to what you'll be expecting.

Since CRIT attacks are based from how large is your base MATK, do consider that losing at least 1 - 2k MATK from replacing 1 mag jade to a fatal jade is exceptional on some cases. Do note that your MATK instantly doubles (nearly doubles) when you cast any magical skill thanks to your 65 passive (1 INT = 1.6MATK [cannot exceed more than 2x your base]) so in a general sense, you'll still be dealing the same amount of damage even if you lose out 1 - 2k worth of MATK.

If that made you confused even more, here's a summary..

If you rely on party based buffs for CRIT I suggest you retain your Superior Magician Jade for now.

But if you rely on your own (soloist) then replacing it with a Superior Fatal Jade would be a viable option.

#20 PrinnyBaal

PrinnyBaal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:11 AM

I got a question. I'm new to DN and was wondering if which is better to max out? my crit or my magic attack? I'm still farming for the 3rd stat crit plates atm. but i still don't know of what Jade I need. at the moment im still using Int plates with 3rd stat crit. is it good? or should i concentrate on Int and magic attack on jades?

thank you for the Guide btw it really helped in clearing some stuff out for my Moonlord. :)