[Updated] ~ Luxtroll's 93Cap Moonlord Skill And Gear Recommendation Guide [Update In Progress]

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#21 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostPrinnyBaal, on 23 March 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

I got a question. I'm new to DN and was wondering if which is better to max out? my crit or my magic attack? I'm still farming for the 3rd stat crit plates atm. but i still don't know of what Jade I need. at the moment im still using Int plates with 3rd stat crit. is it good? or should i concentrate on Int and magic attack on jades?

thank you for the Guide btw it really helped in clearing some stuff out for my Moonlord. :)

No worries glad my unfinished guide has helped you in someway (:])

Since you're gonna opt for 3rd stat CRIT plates I just have to advise you that you need a minimum of 50% worth of CRIT (that's roughly around 60 - 65k Critical Chance). Critical Chance can be buffed via mercenaries' battle howl. Also via Archer's Rage of Owl and Sin's Raid buffs. But if you plan to go Solo and Yolo, then you must ankh the CRIT you have to at least 80 - 90k since having 50% only (60 - 65k) isn't enough unless you're stacking FD all at the same time.

Now, as you've said "what to focus on MATK or INT"

Both actually..

INT Will be your primary source of DPS. The 65 passive activates when you cast any magical skill (yes even special heraldy skills like Gravity Ball or Fujiroth's Laser Black Hole). However, tons on INT will provide you no guarantee of max board damage for your skills without an Average # of MATK. For my recommendation I would suggest for you to have a base MATK of at least 30k. 30k MATK would instantly be around 55 - 59k MATK if you have at least 16 - 18k worth of INT.

To attain at least that much INT, you need to 7 - 9 pcs. of Superior Intellect Jades (70 epic jades) and 2 - 4 pcs of Superior Magic Jades. I'll be uploading a video of my complete Skill build and gear showcase.. It should be up within 2 days. Sucky internet here.. (shame) (:[)  I'll keep you and the rest who acknowledges my thread updated.

Be sure to go back to this thread within 2 days.. I'll be updating it. I promise..

#22 PrinnyBaal

PrinnyBaal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

View PostLuxtroll, on 23 March 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

No worries glad my unfinished guide has helped you in someway (:])

Since you're gonna opt for 3rd stat CRIT plates I just have to advise you that you need a minimum of 50% worth of CRIT (that's roughly around 60 - 65k Critical Chance). Critical Chance can be buffed via mercenaries' battle howl. Also via Archer's Rage of Owl and Sin's Raid buffs. But if you plan to go Solo and Yolo, then you must ankh the CRIT you have to at least 80 - 90k since having 50% only (60 - 65k) isn't enough unless you're stacking FD all at the same time.

Now, as you've said "what to focus on MATK or INT"

Both actually..

INT Will be your primary source of DPS. The 65 passive activates when you cast any magical skill (yes even special heraldy skills like Gravity Ball or Fujiroth's Laser Black Hole). However, tons on INT will provide you no guarantee of max board damage for your skills without an Average # of MATK. For my recommendation I would suggest for you to have a base MATK of at least 30k. 30k MATK would instantly be around 55 - 59k MATK if you have at least 16 - 18k worth of INT.

To attain at least that much INT, you need to 7 - 9 pcs. of Superior Intellect Jades (70 epic jades) and 2 - 4 pcs of Superior Magic Jades. I'll be uploading a video of my complete Skill build and gear showcase.. It should be up within 2 days. Sucky internet here.. (shame) (:[)  I'll keep you and the rest who acknowledges my thread updated.

Be sure to go back to this thread within 2 days.. I'll be updating it. I promise..

few things I need to clear out. and thanks for the fast reply
So having crit as 3rd stat on plates with out FD=Sucky out come?
and having Sup int lvl 70 jades i got to ask, whats the 3rd stat?
at the moment im using 4pcs of Sup int jades with crit as 3rd stat and 2pcs of Life vit jades with int as 3rd stat
I'm still not quite sure if they are good on my ML I just thought they were the best outcome.
having said this I'm still at a loss on which jade I need to go for.
Sad to say but I only played DN for about 4months now and most of the time I do solo's and yolo's, since most of the time
semi pro or pro PVE guilds dont accept Newbie's in their guild.

sorry for really annoying questions, but that's me being a newbie.

again Thanks for the reply. I'd give you a +rep if this was a steam matter but sadly its not so ill just like your post. :)

#23 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:38 AM

View PostPrinnyBaal, on 24 March 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

few things I need to clear out. and thanks for the fast reply
So having crit as 3rd stat on plates with out FD=Sucky out come?
Nope it won't. Its just that, some of your attacks will be resisted from time to time. Do note some bosses and mobs have resists factors (and I don't know what they are nor do I know them) But not entirely most of the time. You'll still deal significant to superior damage but not as godly as FD and base stat stackers.

and having Sup int lvl 70 jades i got to ask, whats the 3rd stat?
at the moment im using 4pcs of Sup int jades with crit as 3rd stat and 2pcs of Life vit jades with int as 3rd stat
For Superior INT Level 70 Jades here are my 2 recommendations for the 3rd stat

- You can opt for a cheaper Sup Intellect Jade with AGI as the 3rd stat. The only downside is it doesn't produce much Critical given the fact that its a raw source of Crticial and 0.25PATK

- Another is the expensive way is getting Sup Intellect Jade with 3rd stat Critical. Only downside is that its far too expensive but if you have the budget go for it. It guarantees you both the INT stacking you need + a dosage of Critical chance worth 2.2K (IIRC) for each jade you have.

I'm still not quite sure if they are good on my ML I just thought they were the best outcome.
having said this I'm still at a loss on which jade I need to go for.
The necessities is still the priority. FD is just another way of producing the damage you want to see assuming you are referring to some ML's with their tuhao damage and all.

- What you need to focus on is just INT. This is your utmost priority. Without this consider yourself a dead ML. Average for 80 cap with 80 Superior Intellect Jades is / or should be 24k - 26k

- Secondary on your list is MATK. Which can easily be attained as you're already stacking INT which is a raw source of MATK. Another way is enhancing your weapons (with +10 for Gauntlet and Sword as a standard, if you have the budget for Legendary Gaunt and Sword go for it.), also Superior Magician Jades. I am still biased or unsure of this suggestion, since I am still projecting my damage output for 80cap with 80 jades in place. The simulator is 5% from my targets numbers and I don't rely on it often nowadays.

- 3rd on your list is CRIT and MAX HP / VIT. Which can be attained with decent plates and jades.
  CRIT can be achieved via 3rd stats jades, plates and talisman
  VIT / MAX HP can be attained via enhancing armors and getting Superior 70 Life Vit jade or level 80 Superior Jades

Sad to say but I only played DN for about 4months now and most of the time I do solo's and yolo's, since most of the time
semi pro or pro PVE guilds dont accept Newbie's in their guild.

sorry for really annoying questions, but that's me being a newbie.

again Thanks for the reply. I'd give you a +rep if this was a steam matter but sadly its not so ill just like your post. :)

Nothing to worry about it lad. I started quite the same as you actually. I came out of nowhere,m asked annoying stuff in this section and eventually got my answer 1 piece at a time. I created this thread and guide based from what I've learned for the past 3 years and also from my personal experience.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need furthermore info. I'll try to answer them ASAP and to the best of my knowledge.

#24 PrinnyBaal

PrinnyBaal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

thank you so much for the info. now I know what jade and plate i need to get for my ML. I can farm for the 3rd stat crits but atm its impossible for me to get those 3rd stat FD plates . +rep for the help and another like :)

#25 Ungarmax

Ungarmax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:58 AM

How to possibly Reach 1m hp w/ my ML? i got +7 4 parts BDN and 1 part FM +7 pants and still HP is around 770k-800k .

#26 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostUngarmax, on 27 March 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

How to possibly Reach 1m hp w/ my ML? i got +7 4 parts BDN and 1 part FM +7 pants and still HP is around 770k-800k .

How about the jades your L-BDN armors have? Mind telling me the Life Vit Jades you equipped with them? +6 Epics can easily give you 990k++ back in 70 cap yet alone L-grade armors which (again back in 70 cap) could easily give you 1.2M HP.

Though that said and the fact 80 cap is out.. Try giving them a shot @ +12 (errr I mean your L-BDN armors) and buy Level 70 Sup Life Vit Jades with 802 Vit in them. 545 is good but it just way too short to produce the Max HP you need. Also, I suggest switch your current FM armors to Meteo set or complete the BDN armors. Both option will produce max HP for you and I project you HP around 1.4M - 1.8M.

But if you're tight on the budget, a full 5 piece meteor set enhanced to +8 or 10, would suffice assuming you have 80 Sup Life Vit jades on standby (the one with 1000+ VIT)

I based my recommendation on the info you provided to me. Do correct me if I'm wrong or ask further if you need help. I'll try to answer them..

EDIT:
------------------

Updating of thread postponed till further notice.. Having a hard time maximizing my time with work and home.. Can barely even go online and my DN client crashed..

Edited by Luxtroll, 27 March 2015 - 04:19 AM.

#27 Ungarmax

Ungarmax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

i dont have L-BDN armors la , poor player here

I got
Helm +7bdn U
Armor +8bdn U
Pants +7 FM
Gloves +7 BDN
Boots +7 BDN

im planning on changing my pants and gloves into +9/+10 ruler (since im after the Crit bonus :o)

#28 HublahAum

HublahAum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts
  • Arcevei
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lolicons

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

lux do u mind posting ur stat (m atck int hp) and the gear?

from your post which says less than 20k is wel... a dead ML...
im having a hard time reaching the number.
and for crit how much do you suggest we get?
currently i have 46% crit with 2 fatal jade, but then my friend says he's better of with m atck build compared to crit build...

#29 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5330 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostUngarmax, on 29 March 2015 - 03:17 AM, said:

i dont have L-BDN armors la , poor player here

I got
Helm +7bdn U
Armor +8bdn U
Pants +7 FM
Gloves +7 BDN
Boots +7 BDN

im planning on changing my pants and gloves into +9/+10 ruler (since im after the Crit bonus :o)
Add more life jades should give the most increase. Nothing wrong sacrificing INT for survivability imo. Personally I'm on +8 Meteor 5 pieces and my HP is around 970k HP with 5 Life Jades. I add 2 more life Jades when I need more HP.

BDN Unique ACC also gives good raw HP and Mattk boost with 3 pieces so that can be an option as well.

#30 Ungarmax

Ungarmax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:35 AM

View Postkambinks, on 29 March 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

Add more life jades should give the most increase. Nothing wrong sacrificing INT for survivability imo. Personally I'm on +8 Meteor 5 pieces and my HP is around 970k HP with 5 Life Jades. I add 2 more life Jades when I need more HP.

BDN Unique ACC also gives good raw HP and Mattk boost with 3 pieces so that can be an option as well.

THIS! TNX MATE! Planning on chaning my gloves and pants to +9/+10 ruler . Prolly w/ that i can achieve about 900k/1m HP!

#31 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostHublahAum, on 29 March 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

lux do u mind posting ur stat (m atck int hp) and the gear?

from your post which says less than 20k is wel... a dead ML...
im having a hard time reaching the number.
and for crit how much do you suggest we get?
currently i have 46% crit with 2 fatal jade, but then my friend says he's better of with m atck build compared to crit build...

Sorry for the late reply.. I took the time to capture the image for a video I'm about to upload... Hope this shots help you out until my video about my gears is done uploading.

Critical Damage
Spoiler

Critical Chance
Spoiler

Current Amount of INT I've stacked so far
Spoiler

Hope this helps.. Stay tuned for my video... (tense)

Edited by Luxtroll, 30 March 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#32 HublahAum

HublahAum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts
  • Arcevei
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lolicons

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostLuxtroll, on 30 March 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

Sorry for the late reply.. I took the time to capture the image for a video I'm about to upload... Hope this shots help you out until my video about my gears is done uploading.

Critical Damage
Spoiler

Critical Chance
Spoiler

Current Amount of INT I've stacked so far
Spoiler

Hope this helps.. Stay tuned for my video... (tense)
it does help!
thank you for the help...
i must ask how you have quite an amount of crit despite the int stacking tho...
are you using any fatal jades?
or perhaps 3rd stat agi?

#33 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostHublahAum, on 30 March 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

it does help!
thank you for the help...
i must ask how you have quite an amount of crit despite the int stacking tho...
are you using any fatal jades?
or perhaps 3rd stat agi?

Fatal jade for the Gauntlet with 4th stat AGI

The armors contain Superior 70 Intellect Jades with 3rd stat AGI. The same goes for the Earrings and Necklace.

As for the Main Weapon and 2 rings, they contain Superior 70 Magician Jades with 4th stat Critical. Then I set-up the wind and fatal talisman to 175. (Using B-grade). I have 1 DF plate (Attack) with 3rd stat Critical. Also 1 70 prem plate with Critical. This somewhat you could say the fruit of my hard work and non-stop farming.. Though it ain't much.. As per westwood standards this is considered mediocre or just below average..

You'll get to know more when I'm finished uploading the video.. (:])

Edited by Luxtroll, 30 March 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#34 HublahAum

HublahAum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts
  • Arcevei
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lolicons

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostLuxtroll, on 30 March 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

Fatal jade for the Gauntlet with 4th stat AGI

The armors contain Superior 70 Intellect Jades with 3rd stat AGI. The same goes for the Earrings and Necklace.

As for the Main Weapon and 2 ring, they contain Superior 70 Magician Jades with 3rd stat Critical.

You'll get to know more when I'm finished uploading the video.. (:])
okay thanks for the detailed info XD
looking forward to the next update~

#35 jthan03

jthan03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • RavenNath, jthan03
  • DN, Springwood
  • Athens

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

Hi! I changed my ML from Light to Crit type ML. Currently my matk as LML is averaging around 35k with 30% crit chance (not rich to buy 3rd stat crit plates). Since my potential damage only appears when I am in a light party, i decided to changed to crit ML (here is my current stats: http://04zone.com/dnsea/220710993).

Which one is better cost-wise/pve wise? I'm having a hard time deciding which path will I continue to walk on as a ML. (sob)

#36 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

View Postjthan03, on 31 March 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Hi! I changed my ML from Light to Crit type ML. Currently my matk as LML is averaging around 35k with 30% crit chance (not rich to buy 3rd stat crit plates). Since my potential damage only appears when I am in a light party, i decided to changed to crit ML (here is my current stats: http://04zone.com/dnsea/220710993).

Which one is better cost-wise/pve wise? I'm having a hard time deciding which path will I continue to walk on as a ML. (sob)

The Simulator is at least 5% off from what the game would provide you. Mind you that its a 3rd party tool but its a somewhat legit source of info and sources.

---

Moving on,

View PostLuxtroll, on 30 March 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

Superior 70 Fatal Jade for the Gauntlet with 4th stat AGI

My Armors (currently Meteor Lancea set armors) contain Superior 70 Intellect Jades with 3rd stat AGI. The same goes for the Earrings and Necklace.

As for the Main Weapon and 2 rings, they contain Superior 70 Magician Jades with 4th stat Critical. Then I set-up the wind and fatal talisman to 175. (Using B-grade). I have 1 DF plate (Attack) with 3rd stat Critical. Also 1 70 prem plate with Critical.

If you try to imitate at least a few of my current gears, I can project your Critical Chance ranging from 45 - 49% which is decent enough for the current cap. I'll provide other options later.. Market and price wise, some of the jades with 3rd stat AGI and CRIT (Level 70 ones) might be cheaper now. Lemme know if you need other options aside from the one I proposed.

#37 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:41 AM

Recommended Jades to be included this coming Saturday or Sunday.. I'll also finish uploading my current gears and my not so fun and horrible run at BDN memoria 1. (T.T) (tense)

#38 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:05 AM

Thread update.. April 11th, 2015.

Skill build and gear showcase included. Refer to the 2nd post of this thread. Thank you!

Edited by Luxtroll, 11 April 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#39 Rixard

Rixard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

Um. Call me clueless but what's with the lvl 14 IW? (No seriously, is there like a damage boost at lvl 14? I'm not familiar with IW higher than 6)

And Drop kick as a skill to help avoid stomps? I get that it gives you some additional airtime but it also locks you in an animation the moment you hit the ground which cannot be canceled by tumble so I'd just like to remind you of it cause using drop kick at the wrong moment (let's say in VN Stage 2 Golems triple ground pound thing or GN last boss x3 "stomp").

And why would sweeping kick be an alternative id you were using Drop kick for it's additional airtime?

Just to be clear: I'm not hatin on your guide. I just read some out of the ordinary stuff so I'm trying to see if what I know is wrong or dated.

#40 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

View PostRixard, on 14 April 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

-snip-
Hi

View PostLuxtroll, on 21 February 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

Foreword and Disclaimer:

**All information stated in this guide is based on what I have understood of the class after playing this single character for the past 3 or more years (lost track). Any misconceptions, improvements or additional information, even negative feedback, are all welcome here.

Now to answer some of your questions:

Um. Call me clueless but what's with the lvl 14 IW? (No seriously, is there like a damage boost at lvl 14? I'm not familiar with IW higher than 6)

Nothing really. If you read the guide, specifically my Party Based build guide, I just leveled it up to 14 due to SP constraints. If I opted for a Level 11 Circle Break, yes, the outcome would be a lot different and it will benefit my gameplay quite differently but it simply won't fit my playstyle. However, I've been relying on Impact Wave even before it was revamped from level 6 (animation difference from level 1 - 5 whereas the wave is actually a lot bigger on level 6). Hence, I have learned to somewhat make use of it both a semi-DPS skill and a filler skill. However as I assume you may see the difference between CB and IW. CB has airtime (IIRC 0.5 seconds) timed correctly, you can avoid single-party-wipe stomp (BDN Stage 1 Ogre HP Mechanic x2). To put it bluntly and to respect your opinion about my guide, if I were to chose between IW and CB for consistency of the DPS, CD and flexibility, IW is my skill of choice and the fact this is a pre-learned skill, leveling it to 14 will give me more options on the SM Tree.

Only disadvantage of IW AFAIK is you need to get close enough to fully utilize it as a skill itself. (mad) So in the end its more of a filler skill that an actual skill itself. Kinda Similar to Flash Stance before without the dashing part. (tense)

And Drop kick as a skill to help avoid stomps? I get that it gives you some additional airtime but it also locks you in an animation the moment you hit the ground which cannot be canceled by tumble so I'd just like to remind you of it cause using drop kick at the wrong moment (let's say in VN Stage 2 Golems triple ground pound thing or GN last boss x3 "stomp").

@Bolded:
Yes the sad truth. Its a 100% screen lock upon reaching the ground. However, did you also use AAON's Tree Guardian Stomp as a consideration? Do mind that the said sub-bosses' stomp has a pause time of 3 - 5 seconds (including floor poison changing panels) before he initiates the next stomp? Also, the skill itself will be explanatory in overtime use. Yes, certainly, Fel Guardian's (uhmm not sure of the skill he uses) "Triple Up-Down" (5 in AAON) Stomp and Red Prof. K's (Volcano Nest) stomp has only a pause time of 1 - 2 seconds definitely not enough time for you to recover from drop kick screen lock (unless its the last stomp).

Using this skill at the wrong moment will be suicidal. However, with my playstyle rooting from 16cap, I have learned when to use this skill efficiently, effectively but wisely. In the end, it will be down to the handlers quick decision, responsiveness and awareness on 'when' to use this skill on scenario's provided. (:])

And why would sweeping kick be an alternative id you were using Drop kick for it's additional airtime?

You may have misunderstood the guide there. Nope, its certainly not gonna replace nor hold any air time at all. However, why a good alternative? Good Question I must say. Why in fact? Funny isn't it? (:D)

Let us say you have Side Kick (Prem Plate) AS. Now, I assume you will question this too. Do note that with Side Kick AS as your plate, it will take a quick and full 1 second to execute 2 filler skills on your ****nal so that you can keep moving and avoid any possible counter attacks. I could have recommended Dash Kick but it too has a Screen Lock animation time for about 1 - 2 seconds (not sure if the kicking part has air time) but the time you are executing the skill itself will be far too risky to use on certain scenarios that changes quickly due to mechanics, HP gauge and whatnot the dungeon may offer.