[Updated] ~ Luxtroll's 93Cap Moonlord Skill And Gear Recommendation Guide [Update In Progress]

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#41 Rixard

Rixard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:17 AM

I'm not questioning IW vs CB,  I was just curious if IW lvl 14 had something special to it (like P.Slam debuff capping at lvl 8) as I was not familiar to it's damage growth (thanks very much for clearing that up for me btw XD).

As for the Drop Kick animation thing, I was just reminding you to include the cons of the skill because the animation delay really can cause death at the wrong moment. I get that you know when to use it properly but as this is a guide, you should probably remember that most of the people that would look to this for guidance won't have your experience so better to make it clear to them cause some PVE builds don't even get drop kick. It's just to avoid confusion in the future.

Lastly, I mentioned sweeping kick as an alternative to Drop kick because of the way you wrote it on your guide. Right after mentioning that  Drop Kick could be used to avoid ground attacks you mentioned it being an alternative so it would only be natural to think that, being an alternative, it would be taken for the same reason stated. More of a composition issue rather than content to be honest.

#42 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

Yay page 3 (clap) Was expecting this to be trashed and scrapped anyway.. Achievement unlocked... (hat)

View PostRixard, on 15 April 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

-snip-

Loud and clear ma'kind sire. Prolly need to do some major changes on this guide.. (tense)

Edited by Luxtroll, 15 April 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#43 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

Bump~

Dang it.. I'm having a hard time balancing work and play time.. I nearly forgot I have a guide (sob) to keep editing until finished.. (mad) (T.T)

#44 ArkLightXXVIII

ArkLightXXVIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:04 PM

In full hybrid build, is it okay if i don't maxed out line drive? Is level 6 is enough? I put some points in Cyclone Slash for bigger Cyclone and Rising Slash for additional attack.

EDIT: Side Kick plate (50% action speed) great for ML? or nah?

Edited by ArkLightXXVIII, 25 April 2015 - 11:13 PM.

#45 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:12 AM

View PostArkLightXXVIII, on 25 April 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

In full hybrid build, is it okay if i don't maxed out line drive? Is level 6 is enough? I put some points in Cyclone Slash for bigger Cyclone and Rising Slash for additional attack.
Yep it is, I have a Gladiator which I main for PvP and I recently got the Oblivion Contract. I did experiments over it without taking the Line Drive EX. So to summarize, yep its good. The Damage Growth at best is at level 6. So yeah, you can leave it @ level 6 if you just use it as a utility skill, level 1 would suffice also. I'm not quite the fan of RS so I left it out. I was considering it but after I ran tests, the damage on level 6 (2x slash) isn't worth it. But I presume you will be using this for both PvE and PvP yes?

Yep its good. Whether you have the extra heraldy slots or not, it'll benefit you on the long run. It prevents and will prevent you from stalling yourself and keep yourself moving.

I am actually considering replacing my GW plates over this. But I'm taking in some few considerations 1st..

Lemme know if you need other inquiries.. Sorry if the thread isn't updating.. Really having a hard time doing so..

#46 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5340 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:22 AM

For moonlords theres no difference between lv1 Cyclone slash and level 17 cyclone slash.. The size stays the same as long as its the ex version..

#47 ArkLightXXVIII

ArkLightXXVIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

View Postkambinks, on 27 April 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

For moonlords theres no difference between lv1 Cyclone slash and level 17 cyclone slash.. The size stays the same as long as its the ex version..

So my eyes are fooling me for a long time. I put 6 SP in CC thinking it will get bigger at level 6 (T.T)

#48 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5340 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostArkLightXXVIII, on 27 April 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

So my eyes are fooling me for a long time. I put 6 SP in CC thinking it will get bigger at level 6 (T.T)

Actually made the vid to respond to your post but forgot to actually post it (:D) Atleast it doesn't look like much different

#49 ArkLightXXVIII

ArkLightXXVIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostLuxtroll, on 27 April 2015 - 04:12 AM, said:

But I presume you will be using this for both PvE and PvP yes?

Nah not really, I just use this skill as a "filler" in my skill rotation so i could keep up and continue my damage while waiting for other useful skills.

I'm actually considering side kick enhancement since it's good. But I might regret it since other useful skills might be better than that.

#50 ArkLightXXVIII

ArkLightXXVIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

View Postkambinks, on 27 April 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Actually made the vid to respond to your post but forgot to actually post it atleast=

can't actually see the difference (:D)

#51 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5340 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

Yeah..thats the EX version for you. No idea for the vanilla one though. I avoid CS for my Glads

#52 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

Thanks for the answers kambinks.. Haven't got much free time nowadays.. Sorry If I'm making you answer to my thread.. where it should be my job @.@'' (T.T)

#53 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5340 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

Nothing much to reply on the warriors thread anyways (:D)

#54 JetC

JetC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:39 AM

About ML's gear, do you think a full meteor set or 4set BDN + 3 set meteor would better ?

#55 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:22 AM

View PostJetC, on 16 May 2015 - 01:39 AM, said:

About ML's gear, do you think a full meteor set or 4set BDN + 3 set meteor would better ?
Here are your options for choosing (rather categories). Do take your considerations mates. This is just a suggestion based on your question.

You must consider the FF 1st:

- Do I have the budget?
- Am I aiming for something specific (High Crit and MATK or High INT and CRIT etc.) or just wannt test out
- Cost wise?
- Damage (ratio and numbers) wise?
- over all stats wise?
- Productivity
- Consolidation and appearance
- Impact

If you break down these suggestion, you can see both the pros and cons of each gear you want. Let me explain that for you.

Going for a full Meteor Lancea Set
Pros:
Cost wise, whether you buy the armors directly or not, and comparing it with a 4 piece S-Grade black dragon set, assuming you have a budget of 30k gold, the Full Meteor set is a lot more cheaper. Enhancement wise, it won't even use Essence of Life which is a little bit off and expensive as per TH

Seconds, the set bonus. A full set Meteor (7 piece) entitles you to a MATK increase of over 1684 additional MATK on top of your current weapons (Gauntlet and Sword). However, to be able to see your damage ankh up, a +8 - +10 sword and gauntlet is a must.

Lastly, efficiency wise, the Meteor set pretty much nudges a bit on the damage side. A +10 meteor sword is pretty much in par with a +10 BDN sword. If not, probably a little off but not much

Cons:
The only cons of this is, within the weapons themselves. If you can't surpass the +8 enhancement level, you pretty much lack base and max MATK which is crucial this cap.

---

A 4 BDN and 3 Meteor Lancea Set ( 4 by 3 )

Stat wise, this increases both your INT, VIT and MATK al together buy a lot.

Jade wise, since BDN S-grade will be requiring 70A Jades, You can pretty much buy a Life Vit Jade (High Grade) with 3rd stat MATK, INT or CRIT) which I assume, regardless of server, it's essentially cheap nowadays.

Over all stats, it simply has more "awe" and "style" compared to a full Meteor Set.

Cons:
Cost wise, this is a no no. the Black Dragon Unique alone will eat most of your gold if you're a unlucky enhancer like me (T.T) not to mention you may buy a lot of Essence of Life craft mat for it to be enhance.

Efficiency wise, nope, it has less DEF and MDEF on it. But if you manage to enhance it to +10 the extra 10 - 15k HP it'll provide you is enough or survivable.

---

In the end, you make the choice. I just pointed out my suggestions. (clap)  happy gaming.

#56 Blazemaster

Blazemaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:58 AM

I am glad I found this thread hope to read through all that after I finally get my SM to be a ML.
P.s I wonder if I should go agi & int while I am lvling as SM or should go agi str till I become a ML.

#57 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:37 AM

View PostBlazemaster, on 21 May 2015 - 02:58 AM, said:

P.s I wonder if I should go agi & int while I am lvling as SM or should go agi str till I become a ML.
You will be relying on your Physical Tree (Triple Slash down to Line Drive) for most of the time starting level 40 - level 60. This is called a hybrid build where you make use both trees to make your runs a lot more flexible as you level your Moonlord.

As for the stats, since you are just leveling your Warrior (to-be a Moonlord soon) You just need to focus on both STR and INT as you are making use both skill trees.

Once you reach level 65, its where the Moonlord shines the best. Goodluck..

#58 Blazemaster

Blazemaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

Any advice on what to spend my wonderful ticket on while I am 28 ?
I already bought the 40 lvl gear so have much to spend on.

#59 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:19 AM

View PostBlazemaster, on 28 May 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

Any advice on what to spend my wonderful ticket on while I am 28 ?
I already bought the 40 lvl gear so have much to spend on.

U can save them up for purchasing the hero's on the NPC on the Theme Park Portal.. It should help you.. Tho I forgot the certain amount of coupon needed / per hero..

#60 FuyunoKikyou

FuyunoKikyou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostLuxtroll, on 21 February 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

Only downside is the (you could say) slow cast time and low SA break.

Just happened to find this. Circle break's SA break is insanely high ser, i think you meant low SA ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)