Chocorroles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7623 posts
  • Kuha
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

Hey CC, I think your translation team is scamming you because they keep doing this.

Lotus Marsh is a mess if you play as all classes except for some like Lencea and Assassin, they only replaced the names. The differences are extremely noticeable and jarring when compared with the unaffected classes.

A quest as example, Witch of the Swamp, how it is right now:

Karacule: Here to see the legendary beauty of Karacule, eh? Remember, you can look but don’t touch!

Karacule: Is that true? Geraint died to save you?

Karacule: That fool! Leave it to him to die for the most pointless reason imaginable… (She breaks into a fit of coughing.)

Karacule: This is nothing. Just a little tickle in my throat from getting doused in the Black Dragon’s blood fifty years ago. It’s nothing serious.

Karacule: Oh heavens, no. I can deal with a few trifling symptoms like a persistent cough, chronic fatigue, and certain death. The important thing is that the Plague Rains didn’t rob me of my youthful skin and lithe figure.

Karacule: Are you here to tell me your sob story? That’s no way to win a woman’s heart, child!

Karacule: Did she? I don’t see how. The disease has no cure. You can fight it for a few years if you’ve got the will for it, but sooner or later it kills all of its victims.

Karacule: Fine. If you’re that attached to living, go to the Ancient Archive. Find my apprentice, Cidel, there. He’s gathering herbs for a treatment you might be interested in.

How it was before (and how it still is for some classes)

Karacule: Cough cough, you have no manners at all…. Before you come in, you should knock on the door.

Karacule: Is it right to say that Geraint died for you?

Karacule: The fool has been doing redundant things. He won’t have anyone’s thanks… Cough cough.

Karacule: Where does it hurt? Yes, I’ve been sick for 50 years after being polluted by the Black Dragon’s blood. The pain keeps me awake at night.

Karacule: A hero? Don’t need that kind of stupid word! The pollution of the Black Blood nearly killed me.

Karacule: (Karacule’s eyes trembles little bit) So.. Do you want me to feel pity for you? As you were deceived by dragons, do I have to feel any pity for your foolishness?

Karacule: Cough cough, there is no cure for the sickness. Just keep relieving the symptoms and fight the sickness by yourself.

Karacule: If you want to live longer, go to Ancient Library. Cidel will be collecting some herbs for your sickness.

It's also weird to read when the regular NPC dialogues are unchanged, so the character is acting tragic as usual and during quests in another person.

Reminder that Dragon Nest storyline in NA is heavily altered and shouldn't be mixed with other versions. These were normal just a while ago when I did story quests with my Academic.

Btw, I'm glad level 80 cap has been fixed for the most part but a lot of lines are still there in the Kayleen related quests.

Edited by Chocorroles, 03 June 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#2 Xyover

Xyover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:32 PM

:P

really?

#3 truedistance

truedistance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5543 posts
  • Bloomchild, etc.
  • DN, Greenwood
  • LuxAeterna/Servinity

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:28 PM

I think I finally understand what you mean. I'm currently doing the main quests for all of my other characters (four characters that haven't reached the corresponding Main Quest for their level) and I could immediately notice the differences in dialogue. Seriously though, nobody who follows the Main Quest could deny that Cidel doesn't act like that. It stands out too much.

Have you pinpointed the extent of the changes in the MQ script, Chocorroles? Seems that the Anu Arendel quests are consistent with what we know about the characters. That leaves the two other Extra Chapters (Desert Storm and Code Name Zero, if I remember right) to investigate.

#4 Chocorroles

Chocorroles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7623 posts
  • Kuha
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:49 PM

View Posttruedistance, on 14 June 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

I think I finally understand what you mean. I'm currently doing the main quests for all of my other characters (four characters that haven't reached the corresponding Main Quest for their level) and I could immediately notice the differences in dialogue. Seriously though, nobody who follows the Main Quest could deny that Cidel doesn't act like that. It stands out too much.

Have you pinpointed the extent of the changes in the MQ script, Chocorroles? Seems that the Anu Arendel quests are consistent with what we know about the characters. That leaves the two other Extra Chapters (Desert Storm and Code Name Zero, if I remember right) to investigate.

I hadn't. So far I have only compared Lotus Marsh ones. HGT also checked Lotus Marsh, not sure if he has checked the rest.

#5 Chocorroles

Chocorroles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7623 posts
  • Kuha
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:54 AM

No plans to retranslate? Really.

Hell I could pull the dialogue out of an old client I have lying around and copy-paste it. It's so damn easy to fix.