• PipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • AlinaQueen
  • DN, Greenwood
  • LullyQueen, FiryQueen, RIDSECT/Nursery/RelevanT

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:49 AM

Piercer Tab

1. Hovering Blade
As per EX description, it says the after image will return via special attack button.
a.) does it has limitation? i mean like bounce back once it hit mobs/enemy or after a certain distance/period?
b.) can it be has 'bug like judgement hammer EX where in a certain condition it wont rebounce? (idk if the 'bug' fixed yet or not)

2. Spear Hand
description state that it charges> then click to explode the charge
a.) to maximize damage, should i charged and let it explode itself? or dmg output the same if i immediately click?

3. Piercing spike (PS)
yeah, shoot 2 magic spears that lasts 8sec then explode
a.) as 90% of bosses are mobile, should i use it as dps skills (spam) or place it as mine, and detonate it with Poking beehive (PB)?
For example i place PS at the place the boss expected to move to, and detonate it with PB as boss arrived? PS dmg is quite good so i feel like losing some dmg there. opinions?
b.) let say i have small bursting window, should i still go for double magic spears or leave it at one and quickly detonate with PB?

4. Fling Fling
the infamous escaping/running skills
a.) seriously, why not as dps skills?
haha sometimes when all skills cd i use this as dps instead (with mouse rotation of course)

5. Dent Blow
swinging spear with camera locked (for the love of Altea, why) afterimage that dealt quite good.
a.) you rather pick this as filler dps or main bursting rotation? why (well yeah teh casting time took quite a moment)

6. Champagne
SB tree ulti.
a.) you use it as dps-filler or as a buff?
my friend recommended it as buff instead (champagne>wall>scar>etc2)

Sting Breezer Tab

1. Arcane focus
Light buff and debuff
a.) It says "Ally light attribute bla2", does it requires some radius? or its whole map? or i need to aim D:
b.) There's a guide somewhere i dug (cant rmmbr where), saying that i shud aim to the ground instead if the boss unreachable. any reason why?
c) How often would you spam it? is it within your combo rotation or spam as you count the duration (10sec)? (or even every 5sec lol)

2. Poking beehive (PB)
Hell yeah, the detonator
a.) Im having trouble against mobile bosses, if lets say the boss only got hit by the 'outer' rotation/swirl of PB, does it dealt the same dmg as in center of PB?

*1. Pardon me if some question sounds silly or not even correct to begin with
*2. This is not technically a guide, well sort of, but may serve as one.*
*3. Open for opinions discussion*
*4. Best to quote the question(s) to answer it (em)*

Edited by FiryQueen, 06 October 2015 - 06:50 PM.

#2 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11225 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:44 AM

Piercer segment:

i) It will return after travelling a certain distance. Also, the pushback from this version of Hovering Blade EX is more than the regular one (similar to Judgment Hammer)
ii) Yes. Generally it happens when it hits a diagonal wall.

2. To maximize damage, you need to explode the skill when the enemy is at the tip of the spear, so that the enemy is in the center of the explosion. This gives 2x more damage. No need to charge the skill, it will deal its full damage immediately, the charging is only there if you want to use the ranged version.

i) Generally the second option is better, since with PB CD plate the CD of PS and PB isn't that far apart, so I'd rather save PB for the burst combo rather than spamming it and having it on CD while PB is already ready to cast.
ii). Double/triple spike amount is generally only possible in BT. If bursting, then stacking spikes is better, however you have to take into consideration bosses movements (you don't want to be stacking spikes only for the boss to run away somewhere before you can explode it (sorry) )

4. The problem with Fling Fling as DPS skill is that the board damage is deceptively high, but the skill coefficient is 1 (meaning you have to hit ALL the hits of the skill to deal the listed board damage, and that is not feasible at all).

5. Dent Blow is just filler, it does damage somewhere in the region of 2k%-3k% (if you manage to follow it up with homing afterimage via Arcane Focus). It pales in comparison to the 8k% board total of the PS + PB combo. However it's still good filler, especially when combined with Spear Hand.

6. Champagne...this skill is a mixed bag. On one hand, it provides a 25% light attack buff field and has decent burst damage if you manage to hit it. On the other hand... the casting time is loooong, the skill is camera locked, the field doesn't buff the party, only yourself, and the buff duration is 1 second, meaning you have to attack from inside the field if you want to utilize the extra LATK, which is pretty hard to do given current nests.

Sting Breezer segment

1. The way the buff works it that when the sphere explodes, it buffs allies around it x% light attack for 10s. In addition, if the sphere explodes on an enemy, it will debuff the enemy by reducing x% light resist for 10s. Both effect can take place on the same sphere explosion.

So, for i), there is limited AoE for the buff, but I'm not sure how big. Probably safe to say it has a radius like LF's meditate. As for ii), if you explode the sphere on the ground, all allies nearby will get the light attack buff. As for its use, I just use it every chance I get so as to maintain the buff and debuff, but sometimes might save it for the next burst.

2. From what I see the swirling hits have slightly larger AOE than the heavy hits, however the difference is not that large, you don't need to hit dead on everytime.

Edited by Vaporizer, 27 September 2015 - 04:49 AM.

#3 FiryQueen

FiryQueen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • AlinaQueen
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:58 AM

regarding Spear Hand, would u include in setup-rotation or just as filler dps?
sometimes when i accidentally included it in rotation, it kinda crit/dmg a lot but then given by small dps window, yeah, time consuming.

#4 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 11225 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:42 AM

View PostFiryQueen, on 28 September 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

regarding Spear Hand, would u include in setup-rotation or just as filler dps?
sometimes when i accidentally included it in rotation, it kinda crit/dmg a lot but then given by small dps window, yeah, time consuming.

It really depends on the situation. I'd try to squeeze it in my burst rotation if I judge that the boss probably isn't going to move in the next few seconds.

Otherwise I'd use it as a sort of secondary burst rotation with Dent Blow EX when the primary burst rotation isn't feasible.

Edited by Vaporizer, 29 September 2015 - 01:43 AM.

#5 FiryQueen

FiryQueen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • AlinaQueen
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:48 PM

why sometimes i used piecring spike i dun fly (mad) (sorry).
i mean it shoots whilst im on ground. iwanna flyyy awayyyyy

i tried to ask some lancea before, if othter lancea can deto another lancea's  PC

she said "PC cant, but spear hand can", what does this mean?

#6 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 11225 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostFiryQueen, on 02 October 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

i tried to ask some lancea before, if othter lancea can deto another lancea's  PC

she said "PC cant, but spear hand can", what does this mean?

I guess to avoid that issue cast PC while jumping.

As for the second one, I've never heard of anything like that. Spear Hand is self-detonate only AFAIK.

#7 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4837 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

View PostFiryQueen, on 02 October 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

normally, this happens when I lag a lot.

#8 FiryQueen

FiryQueen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • AlinaQueen
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:58 PM

Let's say i wanna buy skill up heraldy, which skill should i +1?  is it worth it?

#9 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4837 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:36 PM

View PostFiryQueen, on 05 October 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Let's say i wanna buy skill up heraldy, which skill should i +1?  is it worth it?
for me, poking beehive. for damage purposes and that its the only good skill i can think of right now.

#10 Kitsu

Kitsu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Honnori
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Fluffy

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostFiryQueen, on 05 October 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Erratic Power i'd say.

And on the main thread post

[Piercer]

a, Yes it does have a limitation
b, AFAIK you can't do that

2. Usually i use it depend on the boss position. If the boss is close to you then i detonate it right away. If he's coming in my way then i will use it then wait till he reach my range then detonate it. Both usually deals same amount of damage.

a, Placing both spears and detonate it in time when the boss is still in that place is tricky, but it isn't impossible. Learning boss's skill patterns might help a lot with such problem. Best time i could pull out a normal Arcane Focus + PS EX + PB is around 3-4s.
b, Generally i would advise to detonate with both spears on the ground.

4. I got it to lv.11 but i didn't use it much as a dps skill. But on big targets such as dragons then you might have a full hit on it. Good filler skill to use when your other skills are on CD tho.

5. Somehow redirected after images are hitting harder than the main hit itself for me. But i still use it as a main dps skill when staying near the boss.

6. Both. Hitting moving targets with a locked screen is hard yo

[Sting Breezer]
a, It won't give any buff or anything if you misses the hit and the ball flies away. If the ball hit and explode on the boss and it's far from where you are, the boss will receive a -16% light debuff at max lv. If it explode near you (on the ground) and your allies and not on the boss, then you and your allies receive a 16% light attk buff. It works both way so if hitting the boss near you then you and your allies can benefit both 16% light attk for yourself and a happy -16% light debuff on the boss making a 32% increase in your light attribute skills.
b, ^
c, Whenever i decided its a good time for a burst

2. Can't say because i don't have this problem much lel

Edited by Kitsu, 06 October 2015 - 05:01 AM.

#11 FiryQueen

FiryQueen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • AlinaQueen
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:11 AM

icic. thanks for the replies.

a question,

stacking crit/agi vs stacking int debate.

some says stack crit/agi (as some nest mech has debuff/stagnate n stuffs)

some says stack int, since harmo can boost agi up to par with int

so.. which one is better?

Edited by FiryQueen, 06 October 2015 - 06:12 AM.

#12 Kitsu

Kitsu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Honnori
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Fluffy

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostFiryQueen, on 06 October 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

a question,

Int, because your main stats is int
Stagnate only happens in Ordeal and debuff can be cleared/rebuff
It's only worth stacking agi when you're a flurry imo

#13 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3616 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostFiryQueen, on 06 October 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

a question,

Forget about stacking agi, you gain little when stacking agi. The real question is stacking Crit vs INT vs MATK.
First, it depend on your crit. You should have a decent crit (70%), if you lack crit, you should stack some plate with 3rd crit.
Second, INT vs MATK. For now, matk is better, but when 3R come, we will have 1 INT = 1 MATK, so stacking INT will better in the future.

#14 whitevoid

whitevoid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

stagnate doesn't affect your buffs

#15 FiryQueen

FiryQueen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • AlinaQueen
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:49 PM

View Postwhitevoid, on 06 October 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

O_O oh is it? iirc my harmo got cleared when i harmo myself (ordeal stagnate)

another question:
does hornet touch provide (some sort of) iframe? or dmg redux?

cuz i recall twice saved by it, first in fire-hulk stomp, second in pheonix stomp.
or its jsut some coincidence? (not by origin of course, neither dragon buff/rob)

i mean i was casting PB then cancel it via hornet touch and ddnt make the jump to save myself from stomp, yet saved from it.

#16 whitevoid

whitevoid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:27 PM

harmony is exemption

#17 whitevoid

whitevoid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

about hornet touch any attack that can be iframe or dodge but debuff will still apply if happens sometime you will fail to dodge it like freeze
hornet touch has armor (the yellow bar)if it break you will instantly gain iframe.

Edited by whitevoid, 06 October 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#18 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 11225 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM

View Postwhitevoid, on 06 October 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

????

As far as I've seen it clears ALL buffs, with some exception (toggle skills, Bubble Bubble, Injector buff).

Nevermind I think I get what you mean, indeed all SB buffs are mostly unaffected by buff clears as they are either toggle buff (EP) or constant AOE refreshing buffs (Maker skills), plus AF buff can't be cleared. Harmonize is the sole exception, as you said.

As for Hornet Touch, it is effectively the same as Cleric Block, only with an instant IFramed counter attack happening after it. Thus some attacks which are blockable but can't be IFramed such as Phoenix Lavanok's stomps can be blocked by Hornet Touch, but you'll lose all your buffs (happens with Cleric block as well).

Edited by Vaporizer, 06 October 2015 - 07:59 PM.

#19 FiryQueen

FiryQueen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • AlinaQueen
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

1. matk vs crit vs int vs agi stack
so, priority is getting crit 69/70 then start stacking matk? instead of int? hell int 3rd stat rocking high haha.

2. oh, so basically hornet touch can 'act as' block as in priest?
if that so, why the plate available is damage o.o.

is it 'blocking stance'+damage?

#20 gianne07

gianne07

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5336 posts
  • StygianVII
  • DN, Westwood
  • Lewdinity

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

iirc, it does some damage if used as a counter measure against opponent's attacks. though it is hard to use that way. needs perfect timing.

i mostly use it for other skills cancellation purposes