[Pve Mini-Guide] Making The Most Out Of Your Engineer (Updated 29/01/17)

• Please log in to reply
562 replies to this topic

#1 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

Making the Most Out of Your Engineer

Posted Image

Introduction
Hello, I’m Remmystarr from Westwood-Greenwood server. My experience in Engineers came with the revamp in 70 cap. I am experienced in both Gear Master (GM) and Shooting Star (SS), with my main char being a SS at the moment. I also having a sub-GM and a sub-SS along with a few other characters. During the 70-cap, I began to explore the class, as well as learning how to master skills. I have always been fascinated with the academic side of Dragon Nest, dealing with calculations and such, and therefore, I decided to share my findings in the forum. Whether this knowledge is novel or not, or whether useful or not, I leave it into the hands of the audience.

The purpose of this guide is to provide information on Engineers as a DPS class, which focuses on specific details of Engineer skills, dividing them into DPS and utility skills. This guide should give new and experienced players information about the skills, as well as personal opinions of it. The latter section of the guide would then be more suitable for advanced players who are unaware of such party benefits which greatly benefit Engineers. Information provided here are mainly results from personal testing and calculations. Without further ado, I hope you enjoy the read.

Table of Contents
(PS: Please use Ctrl+F to search the page for specific skills due to long wall of text)

Engineer DPS Skill Analysis

1. Cannon Skills

1.1 Ping Pong Bomb (PPB)

1.2 Cannon Blaster

1.3 Mine Thrower (MT)

1.4 Biochemical Missile (BCM)

1.5 Splash

1.6 Reload

2. Towers

2.1 Gatling Gun Tower (GGT)

2.2 Cannon Tower (CT)

2.3 Ice Pump Tower

2.4 Chain Saw Tower (CST)

2.5 Tower Recall

3. Duck-based Skills

3.1 Mecha Duck

3.2 Mecha Shock

3.3 Mecha Bomber

3.4 Big Mecha Bomber

3.5 Mecha Cannon

4. Alfredo Skills

4.1 Alfredo Stomp

4.2 Alfredo Hurricane

4.3 Alfredo Beam

4.4 Alfredo Drill

4.5 Summon Buster

5. Mechanical Mode

6. Ultimate Skills

Engineer Utility Skill Analysis

1. Biochemical Grenade

2. Transitional Damage

3. Mecha Siren

4. Flash Grenade

Personal Choice of Skill Plates

1. Shooting Star

2. Gear Master

Skill Comparisons

1. Damage vs CD

2. Damage vs Cast Time

How to Engineer?

1. Is there any skill rotation to follow?

2. Importance of recognising boss movements and attacks

3. Party-based skill synergies with engineers

4. Comments on Awakened Shooting Star

5. Comments on Awakened Gear Master

Skill Builds (Click to go there!)

1. Gear Master

2. Shooting Star

Concluding remarks

Engineer DPS Skill Analysis

1. Cannon Skills

DPS skills which cannot be cast under Mechanical Mode (except for Cannon Blaster).

1.1 Ping Pong Bomb (PPB)

a. Description:  

i. Deals additional damage if there are no remaining targets to bounce to.
ii. Skill level increases remaining bounce damage (1% per level).
iii. Remaining bounce is fixed at 8.
iv. Cast time: 0.8s
v. Cooldown: 12 seconds.

b.EX changes:  

i. Total skill damage +20%.
ii. Additional 5% remaining bounce damage (6% at level 1, 7% at level 2 and so forth).
iii. Remaining bounce +2, to a total of 10.

c. Skill coefficient:

i. Non EX: 1 * (1 + (0.01 * Skill level * 8));
ii. EX: 1.2*(1 + (0.05 + 0.01 * Skill level) * 10).
Number of hits: 1.

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Remaining bounce damage is dealt as a duplicated damage (+ DMG).
ii. PPB only hits each nearest target once and remaining bounce damage is dealt to the final target when no new targets remain. Therefore, if the target Monster A is present with Monster B, PPB should be targeted at Monster B, resulting in Monster A receiving the final bounce and additional damage due to no remaining bounce.

f. Personal opinion on skill:

i. For an SS, it is left at low levels. This skill is left at low levels mainly due to SP limitations when developing the awakening skill build. With correct utilisation, it can easily be used to kill assisting mobs while targeting the boss as well. However, in terms of DPSing against a boss monster, it is preferable to use Splash or Mine Thrower due to excess amounts of bullets at the current SS meta.
ii. For a GM, it is left at low levels. Despite interest in the skill, it is less efficient due to availability of Mechanic Mode (MM) skills which deal damage on par with PPB. The inability to use the skill during MM is also another minus point for this skill for GMs.
iii. Not recommended for DMG plate for SS. There are better skills to plate.

1.2 Cannon Blaster

a. Description:

i. Launches a projectile towards an area and explodes after 1.1 seconds.

ii.Cast time: 1s.

iii. Delay before explosion: 1.1s.

iv. Cooldown: 10s

b. Awakening changes:

i. Increases board damage of Lv 16 Cannon Blaster by 27.83% (1405% to 1796%)

ii. Second explosion occurs 0.675 seconds after initial explosion for 50% damage.

iii. Increases skill coefficient to 1.5

iv. Reduces CD of Demolition by 10s when skill is cast.

v. Reduces CD of Cannon Blaster by 4s (10s to 6s)

c. Skill coefficient:

i. Coefficient: 1

ii. Awakened: 1.5

iii. Number of hits: 1 hit for 100%; 2 hits at 100% and 50% (Awakened)

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. The board damage did not experience a full 30% damage increment, in contrast to the skill description.

ii. Cannon Blaster has a relatively fast cast during launch of projectile. However, the after cast delay is immense (relatively), causing the caster to be immobile for 1s. If not for this cast delay, Cannon Blaster could be a useful skill, especially due to its utility in reducing the CD of Demolition.

iii. Cannon Blaster's projectile must land on the ground for it to explode. If it lands on the monster's hitbox and does not touch the ground, the projectile will not explode (no visual effect) and no damage will be dealt.

iv. Can be cast while in Mechanical Mode (MM).

i. For an SS, it is raised to high levels. As a requirement for Awakening skills unlock. This skill is quite poor in terms of damage. However, it is useful in reducing the CD of Demolition, especially out of DPS windows. During key DPS windows, it may not be useful to cast this skill.

ii. For a GM, it is not learnt. Lack of SP as well as Cannon Blaster being a poor skill does not warrant learning it as a GM. Reduction of Demolition CD does not apply to GM as well.

iii. Not recommended for plate. There are better skills to use.

1.3 Mine Thrower (MT)

a. Description:

i. Skill range is fixed.

ii. Cast time: 1.45 seconds.

iii. Cooldown: 0s (EXi has 1s CD)

b. EX changes:

i. Total skill damage +50%

ii. Skill coefficient increases to 28 (with 50% increment, it becomes 42).

c. Skill coefficient:

i. Non EX: 20;

ii. EX: 28 * 1.5 = 42.

iii. Number of hits: 40; EX: 56 (Board damage distributed to 2 hits, 0.9 + 0.1 for 1.0 coefficient per hit, 1.4 + 0.1 for 1.5 coefficient per hit for EX).

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Number of hits depends on the hit box of the monster, more suitable against large bosses (e.g. Minotaur boss in Black Dragon Nest). Therefore, positioning before casting this skill is very important to get maximum number of hits.
ii. After awakening, MT EX deals higher damage per bullet than Splash EX and is therefore superior to Splash EX. Reduced bullet amounts contribute to this as well, as Splash depletes bullet at a much higher rate.

iii. MT EXi is triggered after using Chemical Grenade without consuming any bullets. If cast quickly, it is possible to cast MT EXi twice due to this skill having a 1s CD only, saving 4 bullets. Ensure that Chemical Grenade is launched before using the EXi, which may result in premature cancellation of the debuffing skill.

i. For an SS, maxed. This skill becomes a major DPS skill for SS post awakening and does very high damage compared to other skills in the SS tree. This skill being changed into the EXi gives more credit for it to be maxed.
ii. For a GM, it is not learnt. Unless the GM invests heavily into Reload for shorter cooldown and fast bullet gain, this skill will not be able to be utilised much. Taken into consideration that both Reload and Mine Thrower cannot be utilised in MM, a GM must switch out of MM to use these two skills, reducing the time which could be spent spamming MM Cannon instead.
iii. Recommended for DMG plate for SS.

1.4 Biochemical Missile

a. Description:

i. Ranged missile skill with fixed range.

ii. Bullet consumption: 3

iii. Cast time: 2s (Reduced to 1.30 when holding directional key while repeatedly using skill)

iv. Damage delay: 1.8s (Biochemical Missile takes 1.8s to land)

v. Cooldown: 0s

b. EX changes:

i. Increases skill damage by 100%; interval between explosion for new EX is 3s.

ii. Additional 2nd hit damage dealt to monsters depends on the range between monsters and missile, which can be summed as follows: 1.0 damage at the missile, 0.5 damage near the missile and 0.3 damage far from the missile.

c. Awakening changes:

i. Increases board damage from 1862% to 2391% (28.41% damage increment).

ii. Additional effect: Poisons targets when hit by BCM. Poisoned targets receive 15% additional damage (in a form of + damage). Poison duration is based on BCM's debuff duration.

c. Skill coefficient:

i. Non EX: 1

ii. EX: 2

iii. Awakened EX: 2

iv. Number of hits: 1; EX: 2 (Board damage distributed to 2 hits, 1.0 + 1.0 or 0.5 or 0.3).

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Skill has long cast time but should be cast prior to DPSing for an SS due to damage debuff applied on the EX version. Take note that the additional explosions refresh the debuff duration, therefore surpassing 10s after first hit.

ii. Holding the direction key while spamming the skill allows you to spam the skill more efficiently. However, this is not advised for SS players due to more efficient alternatives.

iii. Skill may result in no damage if caster is staggered before the missile lands or if the missile is cast into a null hitbox (e.g. walls).

iv. Skill changes that come with BCM is that each hit's damage depends on the monster's distance from the missile, dealing lesser damage if further.

i. For an SS, raised to high level. As a pre-requisite for Awakening skills. This skill may not be very strong in terms of cast time consideration and damage per bullet; however, it is one of the pre-requisite skills to be cast for a damage buff of 20% and a 15% bonus damage. Hence, raised to a high level due to frequency of use. It is also very useful for clearing mobs due to high damage and AOE.

ii. For a GM, this skill is not recommended. After changes post awakening, the skill's damage without EX is relatively weak. In addition, the higher bullet consumption and long CD of Reload renders this playstyle completely ineffective, Strongly recommended against this playstyle.

iii. Recommended for DMG plate for SS if additional slots are available. Not recommended for plate for GM.

1.5 Splash

a. Description:

i. Melee based skill, where 5 bullets are shot and spread out in a fan.

ii. Bullet consumption: 1

iii. Cast time: 0.5s.

iv. Cooldown: 0s

b. EX changes:

i. Increases bullet count from 5 to 9, increasing skill damage by 80%.

c. Skill coefficient:

i. Non EX: 5.

ii. EX: 9.

iii. Number of hits: 10; EX: 18 (Board damage distributed to 2 hits, 0.8 + 0.2).

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Skill should be used on mobs directly upfront to obtain maximum number of hits. This makes Splash spam very susceptible to damage loss if target moves.

ii. Currently inferior to Mine Thrower EX (Splash EX version) in terms of damage per bullet. However, Splash EX has higher dmg/cast time, making it effective for short bursts of DPS (does not apply if MT EX has +1 and can deal full hits).

i. For an SS, it is a must max. This skill forms the core DPS of SS mainly due to the ease of using it. However, due to melee positioning and easy spammability, an SS player might be vulnerable to attacks and therefore should not go trigger happy with this skill. After awakening, this skill is no longer superior to MT EX. However, Splash EX still gives the benefit of having a quick burst, but will deal lower damage when bullets are depleted.

ii. For a GM, this skill is not available.

iii. Recommended for DMG plate for SS.

1.6 Reload

a. Description:  

i. A skill to increase bullet count for engineers. Bullets serve no other purpose other than for skill consumption. Reload gives 5 bullets which last 60s. Max bullets 15.
ii. Cast time: 1s
iii. Cooldown: 20s (reduces 0.5s per level; 15s CD at max level)

b.EX changes:  

i. Deals an additional hit for 50% board damage

ii. Increases bullet gain from 5 to 7.

iii. Fixes cooldown at 12s regardless of skill level.

c. Skill coefficient:

i. Non EX: 1.0

ii. EX: 1.5

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. After-cast delays can be cancelled by using Reload (must be used from hotkey), such as Skyline (so far, no other skills observed to be cancelled by Reload).

ii. Can be triggered by using special attack (right click by default) after using a skill. Irritatingly triggered when attempting to chain Rocket Jump from Tumble when Rocket Jump cooldown not complete.

i. For an SS, left at low levels. Core skill of an SS for quick bullet gain but not necessary to have at high level due to same CD and bullet gain.
ii. For a GM, left at low levels or not learnt at all. Bullets are a requirement should a GM plan to use Demolition. If not, there is no need for a GM to learn this skill at all.
iii. Not recommended for plate. No longer a key skill contributing to DPS.

2. Towers

DPS skills which summon towers and have a different function under Mechanical Mode (elaborated in a separate section) and now including Tower Recall as well.

2.1 Gatling Gun Tower (GGT)

a. Description:

i.Summons a short-ranged tower which stats are based on the immediate stats of the caster.
ii.Cast time: 1s.
iii.Spawn time after cast: 1.25s.
iv. Delay before 1st attack: 1.65s.
v. Duration of attack: 1.25s.
vi. Delay between attacks: 2s.
vii. Tower duration: 15s.
viii. Cooldown: 21s (11s with GM Class Mastery).

b. Awakening changes:

i. Tower duration increased to 90s.

ii. Can summon up to 3 towers of any type from the Engineer tree.

c. Skill coefficient:

i. 1 per attack; 4.4 total number of attacks (last attack deals 8/20 hits, therefore 0.4; applied to non-Awakened GM only).
ii. Number of hits: 20 per attack (0.05 each hit). 8 out of 20 hits have a slightly further range.

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Considered less reliable than the other towers due to short range. Maximum range of Gatling Tower is as shown below:

Spoiler

ii. Due to its short range, it is best used directly on the target monster, allowing a small degree of movement while maintaining its range for maximum hits.

iii. Less suitable for small mobs which are susceptible to knockback (low Super Armor (SA)).

i. For an SS, it not learnt. SP limitations will most likely restrict an SS from learning Gatling Gun Tower In addition, Gatling Gun Tower damage pales in comparison to other DPS skills of an SS. Time and SP is better invested in SS skills instead..
ii. For a GM, it is maxed. As a requirement for Awakening skills unlock. GM awakening skills allow 4 towers to be present at once permanently, and for best DPS, 3 of the Engineer towers should be GGT due to highest DPS. However, this requires the player to constantly summon the tower near the boss to ensure that GGT can hit the boss efficiently.
iii. Not recommended for plate.

2.2 Cannon Tower

a. Description:

i. Summons a long-ranged tower which stats are based on the immediate stats of the caster.
ii. Cast time: 1s.
iii. Spawn time after cast: 1.25s.
iv. Delay before 1st attack: 1.5s.
v. Delay between attacks: 3s.
vi. Tower duration: 15s.
vii. Cooldown: 24s (12 with GM Class Mastery).

b. Awakening changes:

c. Skill coefficient:

i. 1 per attack; 5 total number of attacks (applied to non-Awakened GM only)
ii. Number of hits: 1 per attack.

d, Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Overall more reliable than GGT due to long range, speed and AoE of projectile. Frequently favoured due to higher rates of successful attacks on target monsters.

ii. The use of CD plate allows the GM to rotate all 3 towers to share somewhat similar cooldown, allowing all towers to be cast together after the towers disappear. However, this is no longer necessary for an Awakened GM.

i. For an SS, it is not learnt. SP limitations will most likely restrict an SS from learning Cannon Tower. In addition, Cannon Tower damage pales in comparison to other DPS skills of an SS. Time and SP is better invested in SS skills instead.
ii. For a GM, it is maxed. As a requirement for Awakening skills unlock. GM awakening skills allow 4 towers to be present at once permanently, and for best DPS, Cannon Tower is not recommended to be one of the 3 Enginner towers due to poor DPS. Summoning other towers will lead to better DPS. However, if the boss is extremely mobile, having Cannon Tower provides some leeway for not constantly summoning towers to the boss but that type of playstyle is not recommended at all.

2.3 Ice Pump Tower

a. Description:

i. Summons a medium ranged tower which deals ice-based damage.

iii. Spawn time after cast: 0.7s.

iv. Delay before 1st attack: 2s.

v. Duration of attack: 1s.

vi. Delay between attacks: 6s.

vii. Cooldown: 34s (17s with GM Class Mastery)

b. Awakening changes:

c. Skill coefficient:

i. 1 per attack; 2 total number of attacks (applied to non-Awakened GM only).

ii. Number of hits: 10 per attack (5 hits of 0.05, 5 hits of 0.15).

iii. Attacks up to 3 monsters, allowing coefficient to go up to 1.5 per attack if monsters are stacked.

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Skill projectile from the tower is launched in an arc towards an area targeted according to the position of the monster. Movement of said monster may cause skill to miss entirely.

ii. Due to long interval between attacks, the total damage from this skill is relatively low as compared to the other towers and is not included as one of the 3 towers summoned (unless by Shooting Stars which raised this tower to a high level).

iii. Ice element of the tower cannot be changed with the use of elemental-conversion jades.

i. For an SS, it is not learnt. SP limitations will most likely restrict an SS from learning Ice Pump Tower. In addition, Ice Pump Tower damage pales in comparison to other DPS skills of an SS. Time and SP is better invested in SS skills instead.

ii. For an  GM, it maxed. As a requirement for Awakening skills unlock. GM awakening skills allow 4 towers to be present at once permanently, and for best DPS, Ice Pump Tower is not recommended to be one of the 3 Engineer towers due to poor targeting systems which may cause projectiles to miss on the boss. In addition, unless stacking Ice attack, this tower does not benefit from the element selected by the GM to stack. Summoning other towers will lead to better DPS.

ii. Not recommended for plate.

2.4 Chain Saw Tower (CST)

a. Description:

i. Summons a medium-ranged tower which stats are based on the immediate stats of the caster.
iii. Spawn time after cast: 1.25s.
iv. Delay before 1st attack: 1.1s.
v. Duration of attack (charging animation): 0.5s.
vi. Delay between attacks: 2s.
vii. Tower duration: 15s.
viii. Cooldown: 23s (11.5s with GM Class Mastery)

b. Awakening changes:

ii. Can only have 1 Chain Saw Tower present at field at all times.

c. Skill coefficient:

i. 1 per attack, 1.2 per attack at melee range; 7 total number of attacks, 8.4 total coefficient at melee range (applied to non-Awakened GM only).
ii. Number of hits: 1 per attack; melee hits 4 (0.05 each hit); total: 5 hits.

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Using CD plate also reduces the CD of MM CST from 6s to 4.8s.

ii. Melee frontal AoE is average.

iii. CST projectile has narrow AoE, where no hits were obtained despite AoE appear to be touching the boss:

iv. It is essential to use Mechanical Mode to buff this tower, as 30% damage increment is significant for the core DPS skill of GM (this is further explained below).

v. Can only summon one CST after Awakening.

i. For an SS, this skill is not available.
ii. For a GM, it is a must max. This skill is the core DPS skill of GM, more importantly as a tower due to 2s CD, vs 6s CD in MM. Positioning and double buff of this tower is greatly advocated, as this will significantly improve the DPS potential of the GM. However, initial positioning will be less vital post awakening comes Tower Recall.
iii. Recommended for CD plate for GM. CD plate because of this being the core skill of GMs. After Awakening, CD plate functions mainly for the MM version.

2.5 Tower Recall

a. Description

i. Summons towers in a half moon formation based on the GM's position.

ii. Cast time: 2.2s

iii. Duration before tower appears after casting skill: 1.5s

iv. Cooldown: 7s

b. Notes:

i. Position of towers are fixed (refer image below):

Posted Image

a. Position of towers being summoned are as labelled: the first tower to be summoned will appear at 1, followed by 2, 3 and lastly 4.

b. The tower at 1 will also be replaced by the next tower summoned if there are 3 towers from the Engineer tree.

c. Chain Saw Tower will follow the sequence when summoned based on the sequence. However, the Chain Saw Tower will always be pushed behind other Engineer towers. E.g. Chain Saw Tower summoned 1st, followed by Gatling Gun Tower. When Tower Recall is used, Chain Saw Tower will be behind Gatling Gun Tower at 2 instead, and so on. Chain Saw Tower will most likely always be at 4.

ii. It is more effective to summon towers with the GM's back facing the boss as this ensures that the towers are 'inside' the boss and will not suffer a lack of range. This is especially important for Chain Saw Tower, which deals 20% additional damage if in melee range.

iii. If Tower Recall is used to summon towers onto an impossible terrain, they will be stacked on the Engineer instead (refer image below). This can be useful if one maintains the position of a boss at a corner.

Posted Image

iv. Skill has low SA and can be broken easily. If the skill is cancelled before the towers appear, the towers will not be recalled.

v. It is possible to throw Gravity Grenade, followed by casting Tower Recall and cancelling the aftercast delay immediately when the towers appear. However, the window for casting Big Mecha Bomber EXi is very small; the chances of cancelling Tower Recall too early or not being able to cast Big Mecha Bomber EXi is very high.

vi. Towers suffer no delay in attacks when summoned and will not change target after being summoned (unless forced to identify a new target, such as in cases where the previous target are too far to be identified as a target).

ii. For a GM, this skill is maxed. One of the key changers of the GM playstyle to allow towers to be moved around the field. This resolves issues with GM towers being immobile and not being able to hit the boss. This skill also allows a GM to save their towers from boss attacks which bypass i-frames, allowing towers to be killed. A key example would be tail swipe in IDN's dragon, which will most likely kill (remove) all towers within the AoE. However, one must take note of the cast delay of this skill, where one risks not having the towers summoned if cancelled by an attack, or worse, possible death due to being unable to exit skill animation.

iii. No plate available for this skill.

Edited by Xenocho, 06 February 2017 - 01:49 PM.

#2 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:01 PM

3. Duck Skills

DPS skills which are related to Mecha ducks

3.1 Mecha Duck

a. Description:

i. Active skill which allows you to summon up to 3 Mecha Ducks which stats are based on the immediate stats of the caster (4 with GM's awakening skills)
iii. Cooldown: 13s.

iv. Duration: 45s

v. HP: 70% of caster's HP

b. EX changes:

i. Total skill damage +100%.
ii. Duration: 60s

iii. HP: 100% of caster's HP

iv. Gain a new ranged attack (Fireball?)

c. Awakening changes:

i. Use normal attack immediately after using skill to launch another projectile to summon 1 additional duck (total 2 ducks)

ii. Total number of ducks allowed on field increased to 4.

d. Skill coefficient:

i. Non EX Coefficient: 1.0

ii. EX Coefficient: 2.0

iii. Awakened EX: 4.0

iv. Number of hits: 1; EX: 1; Awakened EX: 2 (2.0 coefficient per hit)

e. Skill damage:

Posted Image

f. Notes:

i. Ducks are summoned when the Mecha Duck 'egg' projectile lands on the ground. Therefore, firing at higher angle will launch it higher, delaying the spawn time slightly.

ii. The damage listed is produced when the Mecha Duck 'egg' hits a target

iii. Ducks have an overall low SA and can easily be staggered and their attacks cancelled.

iv. Ducks stats are based on GM's when summoned. Therefore, ensure fully buffed while having MM on when summoning ducks. This is slightly significant as ducks remain on the field for a certain duration and DPS output from the ducks will be reduced significantly.

i. For an SS, is left at low levels. While an SS may summon Mecha Ducks often as supportive DPS, generally raising this skill to high level does not benefit the SS much. The skill has relatively low DPS and the SS may not have invested further into the duck tree for the Mecha Duck to use high level skills, which contribute higher to the overall DPS as compared to just the summon damage. This skill may serve as a filler DPS skill, for which an SS does not require.
ii. For a GM, it is maxed. As an Awakening prerequisite.  As a GM, summoning ducks often allows utilisation of Mecha Shock and Mecha Bomber, which are usually raised to high levels in the GM tree. Having more ducks on the field also leads to higher DPS; therefore, this skill is often used off CD to ensure maximum number of ducks.
iii. Not recommended for CD plate for GM and SS. As there are more important skills to plate, CD plate shouldn't be a priority. However, having a CD plate allows quicker access to more ducks on the field, which is often useful for maximum damage from Mecha Bomber (there are not many other plates which a GM can utilise).

3.2 Mecha Shock

a. Description:

i. Passive skill which allows Mecha Duck to attack with electric shock. Light elemental. 20% chance to shock enemy for 3 seconds; increases to 6s at level 6 and 9s at level 11.
ii. Cast duration: 2s.
iii. Cooldown: 6s.

b. EX changes:

i. Total skill damage +30%.

ii. AoE increases.

c. Awakening Changes:

i. Board damage increases from 521% to 620% (19% damage increment).

d. Skill coefficient:

i. 0.125 per hit, 8 hits total for 1 coefficient.

ii. EX and Awakened EX Coefficient: 1.3 (0.1625 per hit for 8 hits).

e. Skill damage:

Posted Image

f. Notes:

i. Skill can be cancelled halfway as ducks have very low SA.
ii. Deals decent DPS if 3 ducks are maintained on the field but should not be relied on as main source of DPS due to difficulty of maintaining 3 ducks on the field and overall poor AI and SA.

iii. Deals extra hits under the effect of Mecha Siren EX buff which increases attack speed. Gains 2 more hits for 0.25 coefficient increase (total 10 hits for 1.625 coefficient).

g. Personal opinion on skill:

i. For an SS, is left at low levels. Mecha Shock may seem like a decent DPS skill due to independent activity from the ducks. However, ducks’ SA are easily broken and for an SS, ducks are much more fragile than GMs’ in terms of duration and HP. Therefore, this skill is not advocated for SS.
ii. For a GM, it is maxed. As an Awakening prerequisite; Mecha Shock becomes slightly better with EX which enhances AoE. This skill is supported mainly due to improved ducks with Mecha Duck EX. However, this skill is at a high level due to excess SP; ultimately, the contribution of this skill as DPS is marginally small compared to what towers can apply due to SA problems of ducks as well as difficulty of maintaining 3 ducks on field for maximum efficiency.
iii. No plate available.

3.3 Mecha Bomber

a. Description:

i. Active skill which commands Mecha Ducks to explode for damage. Mecha Duck will function as usual after completing the skill.
ii. Cast time: 1s (Engineer); 3.5s (Bomb timer on Mecha duck).
iii. Cooldown: 21s.

b. EX changes:

i. Total skill damage +30%.

ii. AoE increases.

iii. Reduces bomb timer on Mecha duck to 2s.

c. Awakening changes:

i. Board damage increases from 1449% to 1719% (18.63% increment)

d. Skill coefficient:

i. Non EX: 1 coefficient in 1 hit.

ii. EX and Awakened EX: 1.3 coefficient in 3 hits (0.2 + 0.4 + 0.7).

e. Skill damage

Posted Image

f. Notes:

i. Damage of Mecha Bomber comes from the stats of the ducks, which depends on the stats of the Engineer when summoning the said duck.
ii. When skill is cast, the command is issued to the ducks. If the ducks are performing any other attack, the attack sequence must be completed before it begins casting Mecha Bomber.

iii. Regardless, the skill will always be cast eventually when the duck is capable of casting (not in the middle of casting other skills and not affected by paralysis due to SA break).
iv. It is however possible to issue the command immediately after casting Mecha Duck, before the Mecha Duck appears – this causes the Mecha Duck to use Mecha Bomber immediately as its first attack instead of Mecha Siren.
v. The Mecha Duck’s SA appears to be unable to be broken when casting Mecha Bomber (with fire on its head) – this was tested with ‘throwing mushroom’ and howling knockback attacks by Gardener Garland in Typhoon Kim Nest.

vi. Mecha Ducks may often not be at the target monster, hence practicality weaker than the theoretical damage. This scenario is more common when more than 1 ducks is present on the field. If having no ducks on the field, Mecha Duck should be casted directly at the boss and Mecha Bomber immediately used - this will often deal full hits.

g. Personal opinion on skill:

i. For an SS, left at low levels. Without the debuff, Mecha Bomber becomes just another DPS skill. However, due to lack of EX and lack of Mecha Duck EX in general, ducks are a bad source of damage for SS and is inferior to cannon skill damage.
ii. For a GM, it is maxed. As an Awakening prerequisite. Mecha Bomber EX can serve as a supportive DPS, which deals decent damage if there are many ducks on the field. However, if you can maintain 4 ducks on the field, in addition to double buffed ducks, this skill may contribute to decent damage.
iii. Recommended for CD plate for GM. Can still serve as a viable DPS skill. If you find yourself using this skill often, CD plate is efficient.

3.4 Big Mecha Bomber (BMB)

a. Description:

i. Summons and channels a Mecha Duck bomb and throws it according to the user’s preference. Skill damage varies according to the total duration of channel, which separates the skill into 3 stages; Stage 1, 2 and 3 deals: 80%, 100% and 150% board damage respectively. Applies 20% additional damage debuff on targets for a duration of 10s.
ii. Cast time, t, where:

Stage 1: t < 1.50s.

Stage 2: 1.50s < t < 2.00s.
Stage 3: t > 2s.

iii. Cooldown: 24s.

v. Big Mecha Bomb Instant can be triggered by casting Gravity Grenade. CD is not shared with Big Mecha Bomb and CD is not reset by Gravity Grenade's usage.

b. EX changes:

i. Total skill damage +60% (varies).
ii. Increased number of duck projectiles after main explosion which contribute to the additional 60% damage. Stage 1, 2, and 3 possesses 0, 3, and 6 ducks respectively, where each duck contributes 10% board damage.

c. Skill coefficient:

i. Non EX:
Stage 1: 0.8 coefficient in 2 hits (0.75 + 0.05).
Stage 2: 1.0 coefficient in 2 hits (0.90 + 0.10).
Stage 3: 1.5 coefficient in 2 hits (1.40 + 0.10).
ii. EX:
Stage 1: 0.8 coefficient in 2 hits (0.75 + 0.05).
Stage 2: 1.3 coefficient in 5 hits (0.90 + 0.10 + 0.10*3).
Stage 3: 2.1 coefficient in 8 hits (1.40 + 0.10 + 0.10*6).

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Stages of BMB can also be indicated by visual and audio cues. Stage 2 begins when the word “Mecha” is almost completely shouted by the Engineer. Stage 3 begins when the duck first expands and glows red entirely or after Mecha is mentioned, followed by a slight pause.
ii. BMB’s damage comes in two hits, which can be considered as touch and explosive damage. Touch damage can be slightly difficult to obtain, especially for Stage 1 BMB and the touch damage is always 10% of board damage. It is recommended for the skill to be cast on the floor, which appears to increase the chance of hit damage. This hit damage becomes more essential due to the use of BMB as a DPS skill as well. Therefore, it is necessary to try get this hit damage to apply the 20% additional damage buff before the rest of the skill damage is applied.
iii. BMB’s range can be adjusted slightly according to the angle which the BMB is thrown. The furthest distance is obtained when the BMB arcs approximately 45°, similar to Chemical Grenade.
iv. The hits from the EX hits most effectively when the BMB is tossed into the middle of the hitbox of the boss, targeting the ground. This is due to the nature of the skill, where the mini ducks appear from the top of the big bomb. Therefore, if cast towards the upper hit box of the target, the ducks will fly above the hit box, therefore not hitting the target. However, when cast on the floor of the hit box, the ducks spawn in the center and will collide with the hit box, dealing full damage.

v. Currently the strongest burst of GM, with activation time of 0.66 seconds beginning from Gravity Grenade cast, cancelled with BMB EXi and thrown (refer to graph below for comparison with other skills).

i. For an SS, the skill is not available.
ii. For a GM, a must max. Currently a core skill used by GMs due to high damage, as well as the application of 20% additional damage. However, due to cast time of the skill, the user must find a suitable time to cast it while aiming to deal full damage. Mastery in aiming and response timing improves efficiency of the skill in dealing full damage.
iii. Recommended for CD plate on GM. CD plate allows you to use this skill with higher frequency, refreshing the damage debuff more frequently, as well as being able to cast it more often with a CD of 19s.

3.5 Mecha Cannon

a. Description:

i. Collects ducks into cannon and launches them as a missile towards a target location.

ii. Cast duration: 3.6s

iii. Cooldown:45s.

b. Skill coefficient:

i. Coefficient: 1.0 (damage varies according to number of ducks on field).

ii. Number of hits: 2 (refer below)

c. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. The skill has relatively low SA while holding the cannon. However, once firing, an i-frame is applied on the GM.

ii. The skill can be understood in this way: when casted, all ducks are removed from field and the damage is calculated. When the projectile hits the ground, a maximum of 3 ducks are summoned based on the number of ducks removed from the field previously. Hence, the ducks are resummoned based on the stats of the GM firing the cannon instead of being based on previously summoned duck stats; ducks duration is also refreshed since they are newly summoned.

iii. Ducks summoned do not deal shell damage of the Mecha Duck skill.

iv. Based on the point above, if the skill is cancelled, ducks are not recovered as the skill was not completed to resummon them on the field.

v. Skill damage and resummon capped at 3 ducks; having a 4th duck on the field will not increase damage and will be removed as well.

vi. Skill is said to be able cancel mechs. However, personally, I have not seen it and therefore will be unable to elaborate.

ii. For a GM, this skill is maxed. A decent 'burst' skill with a relatively long cast time with relatively high damage. However, one would need to take note of the boss or mech sequences before casting as this will remove all ducks on the field if cancelled, reducing the DPS of a GM for a short period of time.

4. Alfredo Skills

Skills cast by Alfredo which can contribute to DPS.

4.1. Alfredo Stomp

a. Description:

i. Commands Alfredo to include Alfredo Stomp in his skill list.

iii. Cooldown: 0s (Engineer); 11s (Alfredo).

b. Awakening changes:

i. Damage increased from 370% to 1175% (318% damage increment)

ii. Skill coefficient and number of hit increases.

c. Skill coefficient:

i. Non-awakened: 1.0 (1.0 coefficient in 1 hit)

ii. Awakened: 1.3 (2 hits; 1.0 in 1 hit and 0.3 in 1 hit).

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Normally included in builds at level 1 as requirement for Transitional Damage.

ii. Skill is turned On and Off, unlike Mecha Bomber’s command.

iii. Alfredo will still cast this skill on monsters with invincibility frame (i-frame); however, due to not dealing damage, provoke is not triggered. Therefore it is not possible to provoke such monsters.

i. For an SS, it is maxed. This skill is maxed mainly as an Awakening prerequisite. Damage is higher than a a non-Awakened SS's Alfredo but is very low compared to other DPS skills (Read below for more info).

ii. For an GM, it is not learnt or left at low levels. This skill is truly for utility only with poor damage and poor AI in Alfredo. This skill is used usually immediately when required during specific phases in nests which is important to hold aggro, even for a short duration. Therefore, while it is not important as a skill in terms of damage, its utility can be useful.

4.2 Alfredo Hurricane

a. Description:

i. Passive skill which allows Alfredo to use Alfredo Hurricane

ii. Skill duration: 6s (5s under Alfredo Berserker)

iii. Cooldown: 30 seconds

b. Awakening changes:

i. Damage increased from 657% to 2051% (312% damage increment)

c. Skill coefficient:

i. Coefficient: 1.0; 1.18 with Alfredo Berserker

ii. Number of hits: 23 (19 hits for 0.04 each, 4 hits of 0.06 each); 28 with Alfredo Berserk (24 hits for 0.033 each, 4 hits for 0.05 each)

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Skill priority for Alfredo Passive skills depending on the position of the boss and Alfredo. Alfredo is usually at melee position when it casts Alfredo Hurricane.

ii. If Alfredo is not in a favourable position, it is possible to recall him while casting Alfredo Hurricane to a desired location, such as beside the boss; the skill will not be cancelled.

iii. Resummoning Alfredo (turning Alfredo off and summoning again) resets the CD of Alfredo Hurricane.

i. For an SS, it is maxed. As a prerequisite for Awakening skills. The skill becomes more useful due to Awakening; however, it still deals underwhelming DPS compared to the other skills. Nevertheless, since Alfredo is an independent DPS and all skills will be cancelled when the new awakening skills are cast, this skill is a decent filler in-between.

ii. For a GM, this skill is not learnt. Horrible skill damage and most builds may even skip Alfredo skills due to SP limitations.

4.3 Alfredo Beam

a. Description:

i. Passive skill which allows Alfredo to use Alfredo Beam

ii. Skill duration: 3.6s (2.4s under Alfredo Berserker)

v. Cooldown: 24 seconds

b. Awakening changes:

i. Damage increased from 2414% to 5886% (244% damage increment)

c. Skill coefficient:

i. Coefficient: 1.0

ii. Number of hits: 4 (4 hits for 0.25 each per laser; low chance of more than 1 laser hitting a target)

d. Skill damage:

Posted Image

e. Notes:

i. Skill priority for Alfredo Passive skills depending on the position of the boss and Alfredo. Alfredo Beam is usually at melee position when it casts Alfredo Beam.

ii. It is possible that more than one of Alfredo's Beam's laser intersects with the monster's hit box, dealing additional hits.

iii. If Alfredo is not in a favourable position, it is possible to recall him while casting Alfredo Beam to a desired location, such as beside the boss; the skill will not be cancelled.

iv. Resummoning Alfredo (turning Alfredo off and summoning again) resets the CD of Alfredo Beam.

i. For an SS, it is maxed. As a prerequisite for Awakening skills. The skill becomes more useful due to Awakening; however, it still deals underwhelming DPS compared to the other skills. Nevertheless, since Alfredo is an independent DPS and all skills will be cancelled when the new awakening skills are cast, this skill is a decent filler in-between.

4.4 Alfredo Drill

a. Description:

i. Commands Alfredo to activate its drill, which is followed by an explosion, removing Alfredo from the field.

ii. Damage is based on Alfredo's stats.

iii. Alfredo cannot be used for 15 seconds after skill is cast by the Engineer.

iv. Cast time: 0.7s (Engineer); 4.6 seconds (time taken for Alfredo to prepare to use skill).

v. Time taken from cast to the end of skill: 5.7s (3.8s under Alfredo Berserker)

vi. Cooldown: 35 seconds

b. Skill coefficient:

i. Coefficient: 0.99

ii. Number of hits: 11 (10 hits for 0.081 each, 1 hit for 0.18)

c. Notes:

i. The skill has a weird coefficient that cannot seem to total up to 1 for 22,000% damage. The actual coefficient is 0.9878, dealing 10 hits of 0.0808185 and a final explosion of 0.179602.

ii. Ensure that Alfredo is attacking/targeting the exact target before casting this skill. Once Alfredo begins casting this skill, he will not change in direction.

iii. Alfredo has to maintain a specific distance from the boss in order to deal full hits. This is due to the attack animation, which Alfredo begins to drill forward until he hits a target. If he hits the target too early, the drill number of hits will be shorter (approximately 3-5 hits). To prevent that from happening, use Summon Alfredo to a suitable distance before casting (e.g. MT range)

iv. If Alfredo's path is blocked by a wall or is stuck at a certain location, he will be unable to move out of the area and both drill and explosion will occur at the initial location.

v. It is highly recommended that Alfredo is both MM buffed (+ approximately 25% attack) and is under the Berserker buff (+50% attack) before using this skill due to its high damage. This raises skill damage to approximately 41,250%.

vi. If Alfredo SA was broken or was shocked or frozen, the skill will be cancelled indefinitely (most easily recognised by Alfredo still being alive after casting drill). As long as any of this is applied before explosion, Alfredo will still be alive.

vii. This skill can be cast when MM is activated.

d. Personal opinion on skill:

i. For an SS, it is learnt. A very strong skill to use, especially when all conditions are met. However, it is not recommended to cast this skill off CD, but rather as a final skill for Alfredo. Therefore, do not rush to cast this off CD unless intending to deal burst damage in a short time.

4.5 Summon Buster

a. Description:

i. Launches a projectile which recalls Alfredo to activate its artillery while activating satellite attacks from the sky.

ii. Cast time: 1.2s (Engineer); 5.0 (time taken for Alfredo to initiate attack).

iii. Alfredo attack interval: 1.35s (0.875s under Alfredo Berserker)

iv. Alfredo artillery mode duration: 8.3s

v. Satellite attack delay: 10s after projectile hits target.

vi. Total skill duration: 12s

vii. Cooldown: 42 seconds

b. Skill coefficient:

i. Coefficient and number of hits of projectile: 1 hit for 1.0 coefficient

ii. Coefficient and number of hits of artillery: 2 hits for 2.0 coefficient per attack; 5 attacks normally, 7 attacks under Alfredo Berserker.

iii. Coefficient and number of hits of satellite: 5 hits for 5.0 coefficient

c. Notes:

i. The total skill damage is 36,045% under normal conditions.

ii. The projectile and satellite damage is based on the Shooting Star's stats. The artillery damage is based on Alfredo's stats. Therefore, only the artillery hits benefit from Alfredo Berserker's damage increment.

iii.  Under Alfredo Berserker, Alfredo deals 4 additional artillery hits for 4,800% damage; a total of 16,800%. This is further boosted by Alfredo Berserker's 50% damage increment to 25,200%. The resulting final skill damage becomes 49,245% from the normal 36,045% (36.62% additional damage). Therefore, it is important to cast this skill under the effect of Alfredo Berserker.

iv. The projectile is not subject to gravity like the usual grenades, but rather like Ping Pong Ball or Bubble Bubble with a slight arc downwards. Therefore, launching the projectile in the air will lead to no projectile damage and the satellite marking somewhere impossible or a wall.

v. Alfredo is recalled to the position of the Shooting Star when the projectile is launched, regardless of Alfredo's condition (cancels any skill to cast this). Alfredo will then aim towards the direction of the target and shoot in that direction with the artillery. Alfredo's target direction follows the target throughout the duration of the skill.

vi. Alfredo's SA can be broken during the duration of this skill, which will cancel Alfredo's damage contribution indefinitely. However, the SS can use Alfredo Recall to move Alfredo while maintaining his artillery stance.

vii. This skill cannot be cast when MM is activated.

i. For an SS, it is maxed. A strong skill to use with conditions similar to Demolition, where the boss cannot move for the entire duration. However, this skill has a longer total skill duration than Demolition, increasing its difficulty to use. As the bulk of the damage is dealt at the end, emphasis could be placed in predicting the location of the target boss.

5. Mechanical Mode (MM)

a. Description:

aa. Mechanical Mode (MM)

i. Turns on Mechanical Mode to allow direct usage of tower skills and removes the ability to use Cannon skills. Increases physical attack by 6% and reduces damage taken by 10% at level 1. Physical attack bonus increases by 2% and damage reduction increases by 1% per level (+30% physical attack and 22% damage reduction at level 13).

ii. Cast time: 0.7s.

iii. Cooldown: 0s.

iv. Awakening changes: 10% increment in attack speed and several other changes to skills as listed below.

ab. MM Gatling Gun

i. Cast time: 1.25s.

ii. Coefficient and number of hits: 1, 20 hits for 0.05 board damage each

iii. Delay after attack: 0.8s

iv. Awakening changes: Increases bullet count by 6 (30% damage increase) and increases damage of projectiles by 30%; Coefficient: 1.69

ac. MM Cannon

i. Cast time: 0.66s.

ii. Coefficient and number of hits: 1, 1 hit

iii. Delay after attack: 0.45s

iv. Awakening changes: Increases damage of projectile by 20%; Coefficient: 1.20

ad. MM Chain Saw

i. Cast time: 0.66s (charging animation).

ii  Cool down: 6s

iii. Coefficient and number of hits:

- Ranged: 1, 1 hit

- Melee: 1.6, 5 hits (4 hits of 0.15 board damage, 1 hit of 1 board damage)

iv. Delay after attack: 0.73s

iv. Awakening changes: Increases damage of ranged hit by 15%; Coefficient, ranged: 1.15, melee: 1.75

ae. MM Ice Pump

i. Cast time: 1.0s

ii. Delay after cast: 0.4s

iii  Cool down: 9s

iv. Coefficient and number of hits: 1, 2 hits for 0.5 board damage each

v. Awakening changes: Increases damage of each hit by 50%; Coefficient: 1.5

b. Skill damage:

Posted Image

c. Notes:

i. MM skills are similar to tower attacks in terms of duration of attack, number of hits and coefficients. However, the attack animation and number of hit changes for MM Ice Pump while retaining other properties.

ii. Triggering Mechanical Mode induces an i-frame on the caster, which lasts approximately 0.5 seconds upon casting; similar to Burning Call and Squall Flaker. The advantage of this skill as compared to the above is that this skill does not have any cooldown and can be triggered almost immediately in most scenarios. This leads to the 2nd advantage, which allows it to serve as a backup dodging skill, especially when Tumble is frequently utilised as a skill for travel. Notable attacks for MM i-frame is the double claw swipe of Black Dragon in BDN during Stage 2 where Tumble will most likely be unavailable if used for the first swipe.

iii. MM can be used to buff towers by taking advantage of the delay in tower spawn time; towers spawn 0.5 seconds after skill is cast. If MM is cast in that 0.5 seconds, the Engineer's PATK is increased and the tower will follow this stat when it appears.

iv. MM Chain Saw has the highest skill priority. MM Cannon and MM Gatling serve only as filler skills, especially since MM Cannon's damage have been significantly reduced from the previous cap whence it was an efficient DPS skill.

v. MM Gatling Gun and MM Cannon should only be regarded as filler alternatives when no other skills are available. The DPS shown applies when the skill is being used continuously without interruption. In actual scenarios, most circumstances require burst damage, and in most cases, casting other skills instead of MM Gatling and MM Cannon would result in higher effective DPS.

vi. MM Chain Saw melee damage is currently higher than the listed board damage, where board damage indicates additional 20%. However, tests reveal the value to be 60%, greatly increasing the total damage of MM Chain Saw. Hence, GMs are suggested to employ a melee playstyle to maximise damage with MM Chain Saw. This higher-damage is only applied on MM Chain Saw and not Chain Saw Towers.

vii. Awakening changes on MM Gatling causes a pause between each use, reducing fluidity in MM Gatling spam prior to awakening. Due to this, spamming MM Gatling sometimes deals less hits per use, reducing the total damage per volley. In addition, the character may initiate aftercast delay animation between use, causing a huge interval between use and significantly reducing the damage output. The hitbox of MM Gatling is also ambiguous, as sometimes one may deal no hits at all on smaller objects. Due to the reasons stated above, MM Gatling's theoretical damage is not entirely applicable in actual runs and may be inferior to MM Cannon in terms of DPS. From testing, DPS of MM Gatling was found to be approximately 1240%, in contrast to 1486% of Chain Saw Tower and 1356% of MM Cannon (both were estimated correctly based on numbers). TL;DR MM Cannon is superior to MM Gatling in terms of versatility and use.

viii. Awakening changes on MM Chainsaw allows the projectile to be fired at different angles. This has benefits of hitting targets at different elevations. However, if the user is not aiming properly, the Chainsaw may hit the ground before reaching the target, ending the projectile and dealing no damage to the target. Therefore, it is recommended to aim slightly higher than a flat 180°.

ix. The aftercast delay of MM Ice Pump can be cancelled by casting other skills, such as MM Cannon. The aftercast delay is usually present only when trying to move immediately after casting MM Ice Pump. In most cases, casting another skill instead of moving leads to longer 'delay' before movement, making it more efficient to suffer the initial aftercast delay if movement is the priority (if you do not choose to use Tumble/Dodge).

d. Personal opinion on skill (MM only):

i. For an SS, it is maxed. Using MM to buff Alfredo and Demolition contributes to higher DPS. In addition, this skill serves as an i-frame as SS. However, to learn MM, a lot of SP has to be sacrificed but this does not sacrifice key SS DPS skills and hence is one of the builds available.

ii. For a GM, it is maxed. This is a key skill for GMs as it not only grants PATK increase, but also damage reduction and access to MM tower skills, which greatly increases the flexibility and DPS potential of a GM. However, a GM should not switch in and out too frequently especially in DPS windows due to its cast time. However, GMs might find it more difficult to use this as an i-frame due to constant maintenance of the buff. Nevertheless, with practice, the use of this skill has a wide range of flexibility.

iii. No plate available.

6. Ultimate Skills

Ultimate skills of the Engineer skill tree

6.1 Skyline

a. Description:

i. Launches a projectile in an arc-like method to signal the launch of Mecha Duck missiles at the target area.
ii. Cast time: 2.5s.
iii. Cooldown: 125s.

iv. Interval between skill cast and 1st hit of skill: 2.7s

v. Total duration of attack: 2.4s

b. Skill coefficient:

i. Coefficient: 1
ii. Number of hits: 20 (0.05 board damage per hit)

c. Skill damage:

Posted Image

d. Notes:

i. The Skyline projectile can sometimes be blocked by invisible walls, causing Skyline to be fired directly in front of the Engineer instead. While not frequent, it can happen (most frequently observed in Nightmare Garden).

ii. The projectile is fired at a fixed distance and this distance cannot be adjusted.

iii. The use of Reload can shorten cast delay significantly (1.85s after skill is cast, before the first hit of the skill). However, this is not recommended for Gear Masters as Reload requires Mechanical Mode to be turned off, which significantly reduces the damage output of the skill itself.

e. Personal opinion on skill:

i. For an SS, skill is not learnt. Demolition is superior in many ways and SP limitations prevent an SS from learning Skyline.

ii. For a GM, skill is left at low levels.Skyline is a prerequisite for the GM skill tree and therefore must be learnt. However, Demolition damage is vastly superior, especially when it becomes an option for a GM due to lack of bullet limitations after Awakening.

iii. Not recommended for plate due to long cooldown, but if no other alternatives are available, choose either damage or CD plate as per convenience.

6.2 Demolition

a. Description:

i. Converts the standard cannon into multi-cannon to activate a stance for volleys of cannonballs. Standard volleys are cast by using normal attack. Demolition stance can be ended by using special attack.
ii. Cast time: 1.75s.
iii. Cooldown: 125s.

iv. Interval between each volley: 0.5s

v. Stance duration: 8.3s

b. Skill coefficient:

i. Coefficient: 1 per hit, 10 max per volley. Maximum 14 volleys for 140 skill coefficient; Charged shot coefficient 10.

ii. Number of hits: 10 per volley; charged shot number of hits 1.

c. Skill damage:

Posted Image

d. Notes:

i. Skill standard volley can be sustained simply by holding left click (default normal attack). Skill can be cancelled by clicking right click (default special attack).

ii. Demolition is an extremely high damage skill with a strong weakness: lack of movement for the duration of the stance. However, ending the stance with the charged shot grants i-frame for the duration of the 'charge.'

iii. DPS of the skill varies according to the duration of the stance. As more volleys are fired, the total DPS of the skill increases to negate the initial cast delay of the skill. Therefore, the skill is most effective if the stance is fully utilised, as shown below in the table and the graph. On its own, the DPS of each volley is 7340%.

Posted Image

iv. If standing too near the target, some of the bullets may bypass the hitbox of the target, leading to reduced number of hits per volley (ideally, 10 hits per volley for maximum damage).

v. It has not been tested if the use of this skill is superior to having a Shooting Star cast Skyline, Reload and then Splash. As this skill does not benefit from Reload EX buffs, the damage may be inferior to using Splash in general. While one can pre-cast Demolition before the DPS window appears, this prevents the pre-cast of BCM and Chemical Grenade, which can significantly reduce damage.

vi. Ensure MM has been cast before casting for a small damage boost. However, after casting MM, do not use Demolition immediately or the MM buff will be removed somehow. To bypass this, simply move the character. As long as the location of the character is not the same as when MM was cast, the buff will not be removed.

i. For an SS, maxed. As a prerequisite for SS skills, Demolition must be learnt. However, Demolition is has an extremely high burst and is no longer restricted by the number of bullets, preventing it from incapacitating the SS after use.

ii. For a GM, maxed. While not a prerequisite, Demolition has an extremely high burst damage not present in the GM tree. As only 6 bullets will be required, it will be easier for a GM to gather sufficient bullets without wasting much time casting Reload. Strongly recommended for the GM to find a window to use this skill as opposed to Skyline.

iii. Not recommended for plate due to long cooldown and difficulty in using, but if no other alternatives are available, choose CD plate.

Engineer Utility Skill Analysis

1. Chemical Grenade

a. Description:

i. Reduces elemental resistance by 20% for all levels. Duration begins at 1s at level 1 and increases 1s per level (Max level 8 has 18s debuff duration)
iii. Cooldown: 20s (15s on Awakened SS).

b. Awakening changes:

i. CD reduced to 15s

ii. Additional debuff applied, allowing the SS to deal 15% additional damage as long as debuff is present. Identical to the debuff applied by Biochemical Missile and does not stack.

c. Notes:

i. Due to arc-property of projectile, throwing it at high angles increases the time taken for it to land, delaying the impact of the skill.

ii. Casting Chemical Grenade for SS (with Class Mastery II), Mine Thrower EX Instant can be cast without bullet deduction. If done immediately, MT EXi can be cast twice.

iii. Chemical Grenade's debuff can be overwritten by any debuffs which reduce elemental resist of the same level (e.g. Phoenix Storm at Lv. 8). As 15% additional damage is a significant contribution applied to all SS skills, it is vital to ensure that the debuff is not overwritten by party members. Either focus on application of the debuff via this skill or Biochemical Missile; this skill is preferred due to activation of MT EXi.

i. For an SS and GM, a must max. Recommended to max due to elemental resistance, assisting in classes which use elemental damage. It is useful due to high elemental resistance in bosses in raids. While some discuss having a low level is sufficient due to DPS windows, I strongly support having extended duration of this skill for the debuff to be present during consistent DPS as well as for earlier pre-casts, to reduce margin of error if prediction of boss attack sequence is not accurate.

2. Transitional Damage (TD)

a. Description:

i. Commands Alfredo to buff self with Transitional Damage, where damage received by the Engineer is absorbed by Alfredo. Damage absorbed begins at 20% at level 1 and increases 2.5% per level up to 30% at level 5 when maxed. Duration fixed at 20s for all levels.

ii. Cast time: 0.7s (Engineer); 1s (Alfredo).

iii. Cooldown: 60s.

b. Notes:

i. TD damage reduction is unique from the -30% damage reduction limit due to a different nature of damage reduction, where the damage received is transferred to Alfredo instead. This allows much greater damage reduction.

ii. Alfredo does not need to be present for the damage reduction to occur (can be turned off after casting this skill).

iii. Time taken for the entire sequence, beginning from summoning Alfredo, casting TD and receiving the buff is approximately 3s.

iv. Take note that when you receive the TD buff, you are transferred into weapon mode (meaning that if you have sheathed weapons for faster walking speed, you will be unsheathed, where you will be able to use skills). This can lead to panic especially when moving using sheathed weapons.

v. Casting TD will trigger Alfredo to follow up by casting Alfredo Berserker if the skill is available (Credits to Chelly for this discovery).

c. Personal opinion on skill:

i. For an SS, it is maxed. This skill is maxed mainly as an Awakening prerequisite. (Read below for more info).

ii. For an GM, maxed or not learnt varies on builds. This skill is truly for utility only with poor damage and poor AI in Alfredo. This skill is used usually immediately when required during specific phases in nests which is important to hold aggro, even for a short duration. Therefore, while it is not important as a skill in terms of damage, its utility can be useful.

iii. Not recommended for CD plate (Unless you find yourself using it a lot).

3. Mecha Siren

a. Description:

i. Passive skill which allows Mecha Duck to attack with siren. Induces silence and removes 1 debuff from monsters hit with Mecha Siren (increases to 2 at level 2).

ii. Cast time: 0.5s.

iii. Cooldown: 15s (Mecha Duck).

b. EX changes:

i. Increases movement speed of Mecha Duck for 9s when casted.

ii. Increases skill damage by 30%.

c. Awakening changes:

i. Skill damage increases from 242% to 270% (11.57% increment)

d. Notes:

i. Usually the first skill which is casted by summoned Mecha Duck unless overwritten with Mecha Bomber.

ii. Useful in removing buffs from boss, especially berserk from Punisher Meluka in Stage 3 of Black Dragon Nest and Balapa in Stage 2 of Ice Dragon Nest HC.

iii. Not a reliable skill for DPS due to low board damage and long cooldown.

i. For an SS, learnt or not varies on builds. This skill is truly a utility only with poor damage and long cooldowns. However, it is useful in removing berserk, for several types of bosses, which can potentially prevent deaths in raids and nests. Due to unpredictability of when this skill will be used, a new Mecha Duck is usually summoned for it to cast this skill when desired. Also, it is unlikely that one might need to remove more than 1 buff on a target monster.

ii. For an GM, it is maxed. This skill is learned as an Awakening prerequisite.In addition to the information above, the bonus provided to a GM in the EX version is higher movement speed, which will benefit Mecha Shock and probably Mecha Bomber.

4. Flash Grenade

a. Description:

i. Using a flash grenade, the Engineer escapes stagger status.

ii. Cast time: 0.7s.

iii. Cooldown: 22s.

b. Notes:

i. Casting of skill is similar to MM and may share similar i-frame of 0.5s (untested).

c. Personal opinion on skill:

i. For an SS and GM, it is left at low levels. This skill is often included in builds as a safety net to combo attacks by bosses, such as those present in Punisher Meluka, Black Dragon Nest. However, the timing of the skill is necessary to ensure that the Engineer is not immediately locked in another combo attack. While useful, the skill is left at level 1 due to no change in cooldown with higher skill levels.

ii. Not recommended to plate.

Personal Choice of Skill Plates
Shooting Star:

Splash DMG (+20%),

Wax CD (-20%) = Mainly for IDN, can be replaced with Dodge CD (-20%)

Mine Thrower DMG (+20%)

Demolition CD (-20%)

Gear Master:

Chain Saw Tower CD (-20% CD)

Big Mecha Bomber CD (-20% CD)

Demolition CD (-20% CD)

Mecha Bomber CD (-20% CD)

Skill Comparisons

Damage vs CD

Presented below is the information regarding the damage of skills versus their cool down periods. This compares the damage of skills against the availability of skills in general.

What this chart tells you is which skill is suitable to be picked up for being able to deal DPS consistently throughout the battle. In other words, as long as you are using that specific skill off CD whenever possible, you are dealing that amount of damage per second effectively.

Things to note:
- Data does not take MM and Chemical Mastery buffs into consideration.
- Skills with 0 CD are not included in this chart as they are not suitable for comparison this way.
- Tower CD are compared using the intervals between attacks as listed above.
- MM Gatling Gun calculation is purely theoretical and is not identical in actual use (refer to MM section).

Posted Image

Damage vs Cast Time
Presented below is the information regarding the damage of skills versus their cast times periods. This compares the damage of skills against the time taken to deal the damage in general.

What this chart tells you is which skills should get priority if you wish to deal as much damage as possible within the shortest period of time.

Things to note:
- Data does not take MM and Chemical Mastery buffs into consideration.
- This chart highlights the burst power of SS skills with the high DPS (cast time) when used continuously.

- Cast time of Mecha Bomb is based on time taken for duck to cast skill. Does not include delay due to duck skill priorities.
- Burst of GM does not trail that far, with BMB EXi dealing vastly superior DPS (cast time), while being limited by cool down mainly.

Posted Image

How to engineer? (Does not include GM Awakening, 6th Dec 2016)
1. Is there any skill rotation to follow?
The general idea is to cast debuffs and buffs before DPS windows appears. However, this may require slight additional knowledge on the timing of skills and mechanics of the particular boss. Casting debuffs before DPS windows is possible due to the duration of and cast times of said buff and debuffs, which include the following:
  • Chemical Grenade (duration of 19s);
  • Transitional Damage (duration of 20s);
  • Big Mecha Bomb and Biochemical Missile EX (duration of 10 seconds, 2s cast times).
After debuffs are casted, towers are set up, usually for both classes while waiting for debuffs to be applied on the boss by other party members. This can be true for both GM and SS, which often include towers as contributory DPS. However, before casting CST (which are the key source of DPS), GMs should ensure that the conditions are appropriate (refer to section on Double Buffing below).

After towers are set up, an SS can continue with Reload EX and DPS skills, which include Splash EX and Ping Pong Bomb EX. On the other hand, GMs can focus on MM CST and MM Cannon Tower while including Big Mecha Bomber and Sky Line. It is a good practice for GMs to immediately switch to MM for the PATK bonus after casting CST to increase the PATK for the tower (Refer below).

Take away messages:
  • Prepare buffs and debuffs before DPS windows (if possible);
  • Wait for buffs and debuffs from party members;
  • For SS, ensure that the Reload EX buff is always present before using DPS skills.
  • For GMs, ensure that towers are maintained, especially CST before going into MM for DPS skills.
2. Importance of recognising boss movements and attacks
a. Positioning and timing of towers:
This part is more significant for Gear Masters, which rely mainly on towers to deal damage. Keeping towers summoned off CD is essential, especially for CST, which contributes significantly to the DPS. This often require some form of time keeping, as turning off MM to check and turning it back on can waste time spent spamming MM Cannon Tower. For example, CST can be summoned again after 2 shots of MM CST with CD plate. Eventually, familiarity can be gained especially if Cannon Tower is given a CD plate, allowing the 3 DPS towers to share nearly the same CD time.

The damage dealt by GGT and CST are dependent on range of the towers. In fact, CST loses 315% DPS (approximately 630% damage per attack) if attacking from range. Therefore, it is essential that the towers are casted at the right timing. The right timing can be defined by the attack sequences of bosses or the timing of mechanics.  

Effect of attack sequences of bosses: As mentioned, the damage of these towers are dependent on range. Therefore, to make the most out of it, it should be casted when monsters would not be using skills which involve high mobility (e.g. dash attack of Fel Guardian) which can be predicted according to position of the player versus the monster or the cooldown of skills;
  • Positioning of the player versus the monster often lead to the triggering of specific attacks, such as tail attacks in dragon stages which are not frequent unless a player is within the area. However, certain attacks have a longer animation, allowing an extended DPS window for the towers to attack. Therefore, in such cases, it may be beneficial to trigger specific attacks from positioning; e.g. side breath by Black Dragon, and swipe attacks from an opposite side by positioning a player on the other side.
  • Cooldown of skills is somewhat related to the point mentioned above, where a monster may cast a mobile skill every 30 seconds or after a fixed set of attack sequences. In brief, a player may wish to summon the towers after the mobile skill is casted, leading to confidence that the said skill will not be casted again for 30 seconds or so. This also applies to skills which involve summon wipe mechanics, which often share a cooldown mechanism. If summoned at the wrong timing, the player would end up having no tower support for 10 seconds, which can be fatal especially if the DPS window comes after.
  • Effect of the timing of mechanics: most of the points involving mechanics can be applied as mentioned above. However, many mechanics are not a problem to tower usage due to the time taken for the mechanics to play out, which often resolve the cooldown of towers. However, some mechanics may require a player to save tower-based skills in case additional DPS is required. Observe the mechanics and adapt according to play.
3. Party-based skill synergies with engineers
a. Double buffing
i. Concept and utilisation
This was more essential prior to 90 cap. However, I shall retain the information listed here as it is still true; the only exception is that skills no longer affect party members as they did before.

The concept of double buffing revolves around two factors: 1) Mecha Ducks and towers stats are based on the stat of the caster at the time of summon and 2) the Mecha Duck and towers themselves can be buffed with a large variety of skills (refer below). This may not seem significant, but let us look at some numbers:

1. Assuming engineer has 100 PATK and is buffed with a +50% PATK skill, Skill A. This raises the Engineer’s PATK to 150.

2. Engineer summons tower with 150 PATK and the PATK is transferred to the tower. The tower receives Skill A buff for another +50% PATK to become 225 PATK.

3. The total damage gain from having summoned the tower in Skill A is 125%, as compared to the standard 50%. This is due to the raw 50% increase of the tower’s PATK which is based on the stats of the caster at that moment. In short, the tower receives x2 of the damage bonus provided by the buff, provided that the buff can be applied before and after summoning (such as land/channelling skills).

4. This effect becomes more significant as the engineer becomes buffed with other skills which increase its stats, such as Genie and Ctail which raise Agility, which raises the base PATK of the character, allowing increased maximum PATK limit (displayed in purple numbers when obtained). For example, a GM with 90k PATK in town can potentially raise its PATK to 200k with these buffs, despite 180k PATK being the apparent limit when 100% PATK buff is applied. When these stats are transferred into the tower during a burst, the tower’s PATK and damage increase significantly.

5. While this is not proven, the tower’s damage is also increased by the engineer’s elemental attack and final damage. However, final damage buffs generally cannot be transferred into the tower (refer below). Therefore, it is hypothesized that final damage is calculated to effectively increase the PATK of the tower; e.g. an Engineer with 100 PATK and final damage of 50% will result in the tower having 150 PATK. The same cannot be said for elemental attack and critical (which should be at 89% for an Engineer anyway), which has not been tested thoroughly. In short, PATK and elemental attack are the more important stats for towers.

ii. Applicable buffs and how to make use of this
Currently, only a few buffs remain which can increase stats and damage of the Engineer, which does not lead to significant effect on the output of the tower overall (unless you compare having 0 buffs versus having both Kali and Warrior's buffs). Therefore, in the current era, always ensure you are buffed before throwing the towers.

Using MM mode for towers especially CST has become essential in boosting damage efficiency. The buffs must be applied on the engineer before the tower spawns (indicated by the HP bar); therefore, there is approximately 0.5 seconds for you to receive any last moment buffs before the tower appears. Take note that due to this short interval, it is possible to buff yourself with MM’s PATK bonus, which is also transferred into towers (which is why most videos you may observe engineers casting MM immediately after CST is used).

4. Comments on the Awakened Shooting Star (SS):
a. Skill changes and effects.
The revamp of SS during Awakening made slight changes to skills which affects overall gameplay; the skills and effects are elaborated below:

i. Reload CD changed from 3s to 12s:

Bullet management is vital now with your bullet gaining skill coming up only once per 12s. This ensures that you would cast most bullet efficient skills within the 12s.

ii. Biochemical Missile’s (and Chemical Grenade's) new effect and DMG distribution:

BCM gained a new effect to cover up for the FD buff removal from Reload. Relatively, this is better than Reload EX due to not having to waste time casting Reload frequently to refresh the buff. The bonus damage is 15% additional damage which is significant to the DPS output and therefore, ensure that this skill is always cast. If another party member can apply damage increment debuff, the SS may choose to focus on Chemical Grenade alone for the 15% additional damage debuff.

As for BCM's new DMG, simply said BCM now takes both hits to deal its full damage. Casting BCM itself as a DPS skill is no longer efficient as they are prone to not dealing full hits should targets move away from the AoE. In addition, BCM also costs 3 bullets now - greatly reducing its DMG/bullet count. Therefore, stay away from BCM as a DPS skill.

iii. Demolition's bullet cost reduction and Cannon Blaster to reduce its CD:

Demolition's bullet count reduction is god-sent and should allow more casts with Cannon Blaster CD reduction effect. However, the issue is that Demolition's long cast duration still puts the SS at risk, rendering it as a situational skill. Therefore, the combination of both is attractive but may not be as effective in practice as opposed to theoretical calculations. In addition, Cannon Blaster is inferior to Splash and MT in terms of damage and cast and has hit box problems. Nevertheless, Cannon Blaster is good if the SS has no bullets or are in non-DPS windows, allowing CD reduction of Demolition (if used recently).

iv. Change of EXi skill to MT EXi from Chemical Grenade:

Chemical Grenade's CD reduction per Reload is removed. However, its CD which is reduced to 15s still allows permanent ele debuff on a target. More attractively, MT EXi can be cast twice after Chemical Grenade, saving 4 bullets and effectively dealing 15,000% per 15s. This should be more effective than having Reload EXi which unfortunately contributes a miniscule amount of DPS in actual runs.

v. Alfredo becomes more useful.

Alfredo skills significantly boosted with Awakening plus two additional active skills to use. The use of Alfredo in battle has become a necessity for increasing DPS due to high skill damage from the two skills. However, while Alfredo's passive skills have been boosted, they are still an insignificant contribution to DPS as compared to an SS’ other skills. However, this is in contrast for the two new skills which may contribute up to 15% each.

vi. Air Shot awakening.

Unfortunately, I am unable to comment on this due to lack of testing. However, the damage does not seem very attractive. Feel free to discuss about it.

b. Optimizing gameplay
In terms of gameplay, Awakened SS also varies slightly from the pre-awakening. There are a few priorities which are highlighted below:

i. Bullet management:

Casting BCM only once per 10-12 seconds prevents wastage of bullets which should be given priority to MT or Splash. Splash is still good to use but if used alone, bullets will deplete quickly, and the DPS will drop. Therefore, MT is recommended to be used (albeit more difficult but that's life).

One suggestion I can make is to always cast BCM based on Reload's CD. E.g. Cast BCM and right click after that: this will trigger Reload EX and you can estimate the time to refresh BCM again.

ii. Positioning:

SS no longer maximise DPS by hugging the boss, which was relatively easy (hold W until can't go further and spam Splash). Now, specific positioning is required to deal effective damage on MT EX (56 hits), which depends on the hitbox of the boss. In addition, Alfredo Drill also requires specific location, where Summon Alfredo becomes the key to dealing full hits on Alfredo Drill.

Therefore, the Awakened SS must always shift position based on the boss's movement. This can be improved with experience in a run as you begin to be able to predict the boss's attack patterns.

iii. Buffing Alfredo with Mechanical Mode (MM) and Alfredo Berserker:

The basic method of buffing Alfredo is via Alfredo Berserker, which is essential to boost both attack speed and the damage of key active skills by 50%. While Alfredo Berserker is a passive skill and cannot be controlled directly, it is possible to Summon Alfredo to a certain distance from the boss (such as MT's optimum range) and he will prioritize his range skill, which is Alfredo Berserker only (huge thanks and credits to Chelly for this discovery). Use this method to trigger it before proceeding with DPS skills. It should also be noted that Alfredo Berserker's CD is reset, similar to other Alfredo passive skills when Alfredo is resummoned (turn off and on again). Use this to ensure Alfredo has Berserk on for most of the time.

As for MM, this may not be relevant for many SS, but this is still a huge improvement to Alfredo's new active skills. Simply said, summon Alfredo when MM is on - this gives Alfredo a small boost in attack power due to PATK increment in the SS. It can be considered significant as the damage increment is around 20-25%. However, do remember to turn of MM as it blocks all SS skills and Summon Buster.

c. Example of skill rotation:

As Chelly has more experience in using the SS as opposed to me, I'd like to share his post on a skill rotation:

View PostChellyChi, on 01 December 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

My rotation is as follows

Mm mode toggle on > alfredo > mm mode toggle off> bcm> tumble back> chemical grenade> mt exi twice > wait for alfredo to cast berzerker> buster call > tumble back> mt for 4 times> reload with right click> mt once more> tumble back> alfredo recall> mm mode toggle on > alfredo drill > mm mode toggle off > bcm > tumble backwards > chemical grenade> mt exi twice. Wait for buster call cd, and repeat.

d. Take away message:
  • Ensure target is debuffed (BCM & Chem Grenade)
  • Ensure positioning is ideal (MT and Drill)
  • Ensure Alfredo is buffed (MM and Berserker) before casting Summon Buster and Alfredo Drill
  • Emphasize on MT EX for DPS (Save your bullets)
5. Comments on Awakened Gear Master (GM):
a. Skill changes and effects.
The revamp of GM during Awakening made slight changes to skills which affects overall gameplay; the skills and effects are elaborated below:

i. Changes to tower durations from 15s to 90s and Tower Recall

The prime change from Awakening, the GM no longer focuses on summoning towers and keeping track of their short cooldowns and refreshing them constantly. This allows the GM to focus on casting other skills, contributing to higher damage output from the GM player itself. Paired with the use of Tower Recall, mobile bosses are no longer a significant threat to GM users, which was a key issue in the past. The only disadvantage of the tower buff is the limit of 1 Chain Saw Tower on the field.

ii. Changes of Big Mecha Bomber EXi trigger and CDs and Mecha Cannon

Activation of BMB EXi was changed to Gravity Grenade, instead of Rocket Jump. In addition to CD reduction from 28 to 24 seconds, BMB EXi and EX no longer share cooldowns, effectively doubling their DPS and strength of the burst. Both of these skills work effectively as a burst, capable of dealing approximately 20,000% in less than 5 seconds, which is not a lot but significantly better than before.

iii. Changes to Mecha Duck skills

As Mecha Duck can now summon 2 ducks at once, the new limit of ducks on the field can be hit within 13 seconds. This is significant, as compared to the previous 26 seconds to achieve 3 ducks on the field. With damage increment on each skills, Mecha Ducks now can contribute to DPS. However, their DPS is still small compared to the contribution from towers.

iv. Demolition bullet cost reduction

The reduction of the bullet cost of Demolition is significant, from 15 to 6. This reduces the amount of focus required in collecting bubbles as well as reducing the amount of Reload required. This allows the GM to use Demolition, which is vastly superior to Skyline.

v. Gravity Grenade Awakening

Supposedly changes targets of ducks and towers to the target hit by Gravity Grenade. Unfortunately, I am unable to comment on this skill as it has not been tested. I did not include this skill due to raids usually having 1 target only and I felt that the SP can be spent elsewhere.

b. Optimizing gameplay
In terms of gameplay, Awakened GM also varies slightly from the pre-awakening. There are a few priorities which are highlighted below:

i. Keeping up with new tower CDs and keeping the right towers up:

Based on my experience handling GM, I could tell when CST was about to CD and resummon off CD immediately. However, the same cannot be said for a 90s dura tower. Therefore, a player must take note when towers begin to expire; most easily noticed when using Tower Recall. The optimum Engineer tower is Gatling Gun Tower, which is superior to the other towers. This tower can be maintained by constantly resummoning the tower to refresh the oldest tower. However, Chainsaw Tower will not usually be resummoned and is actually more important than Gatling Gun Tower in terms of DPS output. It is also extremely important that all towers are buffed with MM.

ii. Adjusting tower and boss position:

With Tower Recall, GMs have to worry less about mobile bosses. However, constantly casting Tower Recall off CD is also a huge waste of time due to the cast delays. Therefore, it is still important for bosses to be positioned in such a way where they do not move very often. With less time spent recalling towers, the GM can focus on casting other skills contributing to DPS. Another important detail of Tower Recall is that a GM should use this skill to save towers whenever possible. Downtime of 3 Gatling Gun Towers can be quite significant and difficult to cover (takes approximately 20s to get 3 up) and would also lead to loss of DPS.

iii. Skill priorities:

It may appear to be convenient, but MM Gatling and Cannon should only be used as fillers. The key skill priority to use off CD is MM Chain Saw at melee range, which is easy to forget due to low CD. Other skill priorities include casting BMB off CD (especially now that they do not share CD), Mecha Bomber, and Mecha Cannon. Demolition is also an extremely strong skill to use; however, keeping up with CD and bullets may be something different which a GM has to learn.

iv. Not forgetting to:

- Have 3 GGT on the field (MM buffed)

- Have 4 Mecha ducks on field (summoned with MM)

- Have at least 10 bullets before Demolition CD is up (and ensuring those bubbles do not expire).

c. Take away message
  • Ensure target is debuffed
  • Ensure correct towers summoned are buffed and in an ideal position to DPS
  • Ensure sufficient ducks on field and bullets for skills
  • Ensure key skills are used off CD

Edited by Xenocho, 06 February 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#3 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:01 PM

Skill Builds and Analysis (Awakenings)
I hereby finally include skill builds and analysis between them. Take note that my discussion mainly revolves around the different aspects in build and will not highlight general stuff, such as importance of max level skills (especially if present in all builds).

Gear Master
Reload and Biochemical Missile gameplays are completely out of the window with Reload efficiency significantly reduced in GMs.

Skill Builds
1. GM with all Awakening skills
Spoiler

2. GM with Alfredo Stomp and Transitional Damage
Spoiler

3. GM with Demolition (My recommendation)
Spoiler

Shooting Star
Towers are not very efficient for SS; therefore, I forgo them completely in all builds.

Skill Builds
1. SS with all Awakening skills
Spoiler

2. SS with Mechanical Mode (My recommendation)
Spoiler

Concluding remarks
I hope this guide has been useful to many, with mainly skill information. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask. I will, of course, try my best to answer them thoroughly. Also, please let me know if there is something you wish to find out about the class and I will try my best to investigate.

Thank you

Credits to Feder Train for their support; Kouzaku for his support and assistance, as well as the beautiful banner. Lastly, thank you to all readers and forumers whom support this thread. It is greatly appreciated!

Appendix
For other stuff not directly in the guide.

Videos (Pre-awakening)
Spoiler

Videos (Post-awakening)
Spoiler

Changelog
30/10/2015
- Creation of guide using pre-3R values
15/12/2015
- Updated to 3R values
24/01/2016
- Updated with board damage of skills including future skill accessory system, information on mechanical mode, and comparison of skills vs cool down and vs cast time.
07/02/2016
- Added Daedelus Nest videos.
16/04/2016
- Added Table of Contents
- Added Mecha Duck and Reload
- Revamped categories for skills
- Added spoilers for specific pictures from skills
- Edited details for Biochemical Grenade, Gatling Gun Tower, Ice Pump Tower, Mecha Shock, Mecha Bomber, Skill Comparisons,
22/06/2016
- Edited skills data to reflect skill changes in DN SEA 08 June 2016 patch.
- Added Ultimate skills: Demolition & Skyline.
- Edited Table of Contents
- Edited Skill Damage analysis according to skill changes and newly included skills.
05/11/2016
- Edited all listed skill details according to Awakening updates
17/11/2016
- Corrected some mistakes in skill details.
- Added section 'Skill Builds'
- Updated some videos.
04/12/2016
- Added new section for Alfredo skills. Rearrange some of the other categories between the posts
- Added Cannon Blaster, Alfredo Hurricane, Beam, Drill and Summon Blaster
- Updated Biochemical Missile and Alfredo Stomp
06/12/2016
- Added section 'Comments on Awakened Shooting Star'
- Edited minor details in Alfredo skills
28/01/2017
- Modified Duck skills and Tower skills and Mechanical Mode to match GM Awakening skills
- Added section for Comments on GM Awakening
- Updated Skill Comparisons
- Modified Table of Contents
- Minor editing on details for SS skills and Comments on SS Awakening
06/02/2017
- Updated a few details on Awakened SS skills
- Added Lv 93 Awakened Videos

Edited by Xenocho, 06 February 2017 - 02:07 PM.

#4 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:17 PM

You could use 'spoilers' to shorten out the level of the skill and its corresponding damage formula or calculation.

Example,
THIS IS TL;DR

If you wanna hide this comment simply key-in below

[spoiler]THIS IS TL;DR[/spoiler]

Thus the end result will be...

Spoiler
Hope this helps.. Since not most people here are fan of TL;DR's especially when they see the scroll bar than thin already..

@Topic:
Not bad if I say so myself.. In-fact the dmg calculations and recommend skill levels are somewhat very very informative...

Really bad for my side since I ain't a fan of loli's... on any sub-class specialization of it.. But at least I know now why Engineers in general can dish out a ton-load of dmg.. But in the end, without knowledge of the class, and being falsely informed make engineers look like DPS slaves..

*looks @ bandwagonning players*

Great job lad...

#5 GrimGust

GrimGust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Norogumi || Swaggerina
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:46 PM

This is really awesome (:])  The double buffing part made me regret changing job from GM to SS tho, because I didn't know about such thing before hand (T.T)

#6 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:52 AM

This is definitely a good read! There're a lot of parts here which weren't discussed thoroughly (or haven't even been discussed) in other guides.

#7 BelleFlum

BelleFlum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • BelleFlum
  • DN, Holywood
  • HallowedPhantoms

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:20 AM

(&lt;3)

#8 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for your supports ^^

#9 Xiera

Xiera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • lXiara
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • HallowedPhantoms

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

thanks for your support as well..

#10 YuenAi

YuenAi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8614 posts
  • Pox-
  • DN, Greenwood
  • WhoarHouse

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:15 PM

(up) (:])

#11 Geminizz

Geminizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • iGemini
  • DN, Westwood
  • Domain

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:54 AM

"it is possible to buff yourself with MM’s PATK bonus, which is also transferred into towers (which is why most videos you may observe engineers casting MM immediately after CST is used)."

Now I know why my CST sometimes hits for 5mil+ and other times it hits for 6mil+ while solo-ing
Super useful. Now I always make sure I MM right after CST.
Thanks for the guide, really good read especially when I'm bored at work (:&gt;)

P.S Hi Sandraaa! (if I didnt mistake the IGN) (shame)

Edited by Geminizz, 16 November 2015 - 09:55 AM.

#12 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostGeminizz, on 16 November 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

"it is possible to buff yourself with MM’s PATK bonus, which is also transferred into towers (which is why most videos you may observe engineers casting MM immediately after CST is used)."

Now I know why my CST sometimes hits for 5mil+ and other times it hits for 6mil+ while solo-ing
Super useful. Now I always make sure I MM right after CST.
Thanks for the guide, really good read especially when I'm bored at work (:&gt;)

P.S Hi Sandraaa! (if I didnt mistake the IGN) (shame)

Hi Ivan this is Ivan actually LOL! Glad this was helpful for what's left of 80 cap :3

#13 Geminizz

Geminizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • iGemini
  • DN, Westwood
  • Domain

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:25 AM

Oooooo psps (:D)
This guide still gonna be useful in 90 cap la so dont give up on it :P

#14 Seraphimu

Seraphimu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2417 posts
  • Ceraphimu/Seraphimu
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

Posted Image

#15 Novissimum

Novissimum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1755 posts
  • Scampai

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

MINI GUIDE?!

its a good read though (up)

Edited by Novissimum, 17 November 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#16 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:17 AM

Bump. Adjusted information and skill damage for current cap.

Will need to adjust again when technique accessories are revamped. Ohgodwhy.

#17 evangeline88

evangeline88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2138 posts
  • LoliTenri, LoliDiana
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Laevantein

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

Just read this, very informative and useful. Thumb up (:])

Btw, the CD of CST should be 17sec, not 15sec, right?

#18 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:10 PM

You are right. I will change it when I'm back home. Thanks :)

#19 iPoncee

iPoncee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Zetheous
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:23 PM

I just want to ask, why Big Mecha Bomb CD plate? thanks

#20 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

View PostiPoncee, on 10 January 2016 - 11:23 PM, said:

I just want to ask, why Big Mecha Bomb CD plate? thanks

This allows greater frequency of casting it as opposed to having slightly more damage. The CD is reduced from 26s to 20.8s.

If you are not in a party, this allows your 20% damage debuff to be more constant, present half the time (duration 10s, cd 20s approximately) which gives way for your CST to do the damage, which is the bulk of the damage output of GMs.

Theoretically, the CD reduction also gives higher DPS than a damage plate when comparing CDs.