[Pve Mini-Guide] Making The Most Out Of Your Engineer (Updated 29/01/17)

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#21 allenXD123

allenXD123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3939 posts
  • Paper town

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

uhm im a SS and should i max cannon blaster?

#22 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostallenXD123, on 11 January 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

uhm im a SS and should i max cannon blaster?

To be honest I have not tested that skill thoroughly,  mainly because in the 80 cap Era, that skill was redundant. Tower usage provided better utility than using that skill as a filler, in addition to mecha ducks.

In my opinion, I would not max that skill due to low damage and high sp requirements. I would invest and use more independent filler skills such as those listed above.

Overall, it depends on you. Most skills contribute little to ss dps, which focus mainly on splash. Therefore, filler skills play a relatively minor role. As long as it doesn't get in your way in constantly reloading and that you use the skill often, then the sp investment is worth it.

TL;DR no. I will invest in towers or mecha shock or mecha bomber instead of Cannon blaster.

#23 allenXD123

allenXD123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3939 posts
  • Paper town

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:05 PM

View PostXenocho, on 11 January 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

To be honest I have not tested that skill thoroughly,  mainly because in the 80 cap Era, that skill was redundant. Tower usage provided better utility than using that skill as a filler, in addition to mecha ducks.

In my opinion, I would not max that skill due to low damage and high sp requirements. I would invest and use more independent filler skills such as those listed above.

Overall, it depends on you. Most skills contribute little to ss dps, which focus mainly on splash. Therefore, filler skills play a relatively minor role. As long as it doesn't get in your way in constantly reloading and that you use the skill often, then the sp investment is worth it.

TL;DR no. I will invest in towers or mecha shock or mecha bomber instead of Cannon blaster.
hmm. ok thanks (shame)

#24 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:21 AM

Updated with board damage of skills including future skill accessory system, information on mechanical mode, and comparison of skills vs cool down and vs cast time.

#25 Chachamama

Chachamama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Edomaru/Chachamaru
  • DN, Springwood
  • Arterial

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

this is not a mini guide lol. very good read! i'm impressed by the detail. keep up the good work and spread the loli love (<3)

Edited by Chachamama, 25 January 2016 - 10:10 AM.

#26 XPeronico

XPeronico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

May I ask which Dragon Jade and Talisman is suitable for Gearmaster. (:D)

#27 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

Engineers are an Agi based class. Therefore, jades and talisman should favour the Agi stat.

#28 Reno

Reno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

Just found this video of a SS. Do you know how does he have 2 ammo recharge on his skill bar? One is constantly in ins mode. How did he do this?

#29 YuenAi

YuenAi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8614 posts
  • Pox-
  • DN, Greenwood
  • WhoarHouse

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostReno, on 27 January 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

Just found this video of a SS. Do you know how does he have 2 ammo recharge on his skill bar? One is constantly in ins mode. How did he do this?

They might have bugged it similar to WW double Spiral Edge. That's actually pretty smart since you need to wait for INS to disappear just to use the normal skill one.

#30 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostYuenAi, on 27 January 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

They might have bugged it similar to WW double Spiral Edge. That's actually pretty smart since you need to wait for INS to disappear just to use the normal skill one.

Actually Poxy, spamming right click can trigger the normal Reload too (after casting Reload EXi), though I am unsure if you need to start with Spanner Attack or can immediately use Reload EX (which is actually usable after skills by right click). I have no SS for 3R so I have yet to test that, as well as the above situation.

In regards to the double skill on the skill bar, I found that whenever I reset skill tree lately using oblivion (I opened box up to 90 for a few chars for R coins), some skills end up twice on the same hotkey bar. I have not tested the difference having 1 or 2 skills on the skill bar, but it seems that in the video, he managed to make use of it ^^

edit: clarifying the sentences

Edited by Xenocho, 27 January 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#31 Gelmeister

Gelmeister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:53 PM

Can you explain how the Reload INS work? I'm not exactly sure how.. Thank you!

#32 Gelmeister

Gelmeister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:34 AM

View PostReno, on 27 January 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

What was weird for me is he doesn't seem to use chemnade. He uploaded another video in which he's using chemnade instead of having 2 ammo recharge on his skill bar. The run lasted for 16 mins while the video that you posted lasted for 13.

#33 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:35 AM

View PostGelmeister, on 15 February 2016 - 01:34 AM, said:

What was weird for me is he doesn't seem to use chemnade. He uploaded another video in which he's using chemnade instead of having 2 ammo recharge on his skill bar. The run lasted for 16 mins while the video that you posted lasted for 13.

I'm not sure how it works for the time being. I've not have an SS since 3R so I can't comment.

However, I have noticed when you reset skills, sometimes two skills appear side by side in the hotkey bar. This could be the reason why he could separate both reload INS and normal reload or reload EX.

The above video highlights how SS would look without bullet limitations, which is kinda after the skill boost.

Edited by Xenocho, 15 February 2016 - 07:13 AM.

#34 Gelmeister

Gelmeister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

View PostXenocho, on 15 February 2016 - 03:35 AM, said:

I'm not sure how it works for the time being. I've not have an SS since 3R so I can't comment.

However, I have noticed when you reset skills, sometimes two skills appear side by side in the hotkey bar. This could be the reason why he could separate both reload INS and normal reload or reload EX.

The above video highlights how SS would look without bullet limitations, which is kinda after the skill boost.

That's a really huge boost because the only thing I hate about my SS is that window where I max my bullets. Too much time spent on reloading and can't DPS.

#35 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:19 PM

View PostGelmeister, on 15 February 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

That's a really huge boost because the only thing I hate about my SS is that window where I max my bullets. Too much time spent on reloading and can't DPS.

We're jumping around threads, haha. Do consider my reply in the other.

If you have the problem of too much bullets, then the SS boost will not help you tbh. But I've never had that experience when I was ss in 80 cap though? But I am quite aggressive in playstyle and would take risks to squeeze out dps.

#36 Gelmeister

Gelmeister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:09 PM

View PostXenocho, on 15 February 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

We're jumping around threads, haha. Do consider my reply in the other.

If you have the problem of too much bullets, then the SS boost will not help you tbh. But I've never had that experience when I was ss in 80 cap though? But I am quite aggressive in playstyle and would take risks to squeeze out dps.

Lol yeah sorry about that. Hahahaha maybe because I have a safe playstyle. May I ask what your combo is? I always try to max bullets then chemnade + BCM + reload (to get 10 bullets again) then spam splash.

EDIT: what my reply is in the other thread

They should have increased splash damage by a bit too :(

Isn't Cannon Blaster gonna be good? It's gonna be about 1000% damage and ti will have a 2 sec cd after every reload right?

Edited by Gelmeister, 15 February 2016 - 11:13 PM.

#37 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:16 AM

View PostGelmeister, on 15 February 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

Lol yeah sorry about that. Hahahaha maybe because I have a safe playstyle. May I ask what your combo is? I always try to max bullets then chemnade + BCM + reload (to get 10 bullets again) then spam splash.

EDIT: what my reply is in the other thread

They should have increased splash damage by a bit too :(

Isn't Cannon Blaster gonna be good? It's gonna be about 1000% damage and ti will have a 2 sec cd after every reload right?

Basically SS is a char you can't afford to do nothing while waiting for cd (because there is none). So, any time you are not using Splash, you are wasting time which could have been spent DPSing. There is no other skill which is on par with Splash. BCM is decent and a necessity due to its damage increasing properties, so it's basically chem grenade, reload ins, BCM, reload, splash until reload buff is gone and repeat, the splash and reapply debuffs. The 1000% damage is nothing compared to Splash and BCM so it's not worth considering; you could learn and use it, but if it is inferior to Splash, you are simply reducing your DPS.

Btw this is my experience from SS in the 80 cap. I have been full time GM for awhile now T__T

#38 Taengoo

Taengoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • RJxSeulgi
  • Blitzwood

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:08 AM

Biochemical Missile

ii. For a GM, this skill is not recommended. While many GM players may find this skill attractive due to spammability and burst capability, I am personally not in favour of this skill due to requirements to turn of MM mode specifically to Reload and cast this skill, which then require precise timing to turn on MM mode again to use MM CS, which should be the skill with the highest priority. By affecting the fluidity of casting MM CS whenever it is off CD by rotating MM mode on/off frequently, the DPS capability of the GM could be affected.

Hmm. I'm actually planning on dropping Ice Tower/Gatling Gun for my GM in exchange for Reload and BCM skill.

I think it depends on how good you are on skill rotation (I'm not lol) but practicing should help.  I guess I'll decide if I go back to the usual GM tower summoning once I tested it.

Nice guide btw. Really helpful. (up)

#39 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

View PostTaengoo, on 08 March 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Hmm. I'm actually planning on dropping Ice Tower/Gatling Gun for my GM in exchange for Reload and BCM skill.

I think it depends on how good you are on skill rotation (I'm not lol) but practicing should help.  I guess I'll decide if I go back to the usual GM tower summoning once I tested it.

Nice guide btw. Really helpful. (up)

Thank you for your feedback.

I find myself doing OK without biochem. To be honest I am also interested in how strong it can be. But I can't get used to a proper rotation to make the most out of it, therefore I dropped it entirely.

BTW before you invest in that, consider the GM boost which might come in the future. My skill builds are often built around future content. In that, gatling has some benefits.

#40 Gelmeister

Gelmeister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:05 AM

View PostXenocho, on 08 March 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

Thank you for your feedback.

I find myself doing OK without biochem. To be honest I am also interested in how strong it can be. But I can't get used to a proper rotation to make the most out of it, therefore I dropped it entirely.

BTW before you invest in that, consider the GM boost which might come in the future. My skill builds are often built around future content. In that, gatling has some benefits.

Because of that update I'm considering using gatling and ice tower in my SS for some extra DPS. You think it's a good idea?