[Pve Mini-Guide] Making The Most Out Of Your Engineer (Updated 29/01/17)

• Please log in to reply
570 replies to this topic

#41 KuronoKito

KuronoKito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1600 posts
  • Shikyoku, Riryuu
  • DN, Holywood
  • DragonTear

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

View PostXenocho, on 08 March 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

Thank you for your feedback.

I find myself doing OK without biochem. To be honest I am also interested in how strong it can be. But I can't get used to a proper rotation to make the most out of it, therefore I dropped it entirely.

BTW before you invest in that, consider the GM boost which might come in the future. My skill builds are often built around future content. In that, gatling has some benefits.
can you share your stats here? thinking about making a gearmaster but not able to make it very geared (at most +10 kauda)
would be good comparison of DPS with your video

#42 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3711 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

View PostGelmeister, on 09 March 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

Because of that update I'm considering using gatling and ice tower in my SS for some extra DPS. You think it's a good idea?

Gatling might be good given you will have excess sp. But I won't recommend ice since it only hits twice it's board damage in its lifetime. But towers are only so so now after the cd was extended. But still, gatling will be the best among 3. Ice also rely heavily on boss not moving to do proper hits which can be more annoying than gatling, as gatling main limitation is range. But ice has speed of projectile too.

#43 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3711 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:31 PM

View PostKuronoKito, on 09 March 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

can you share your stats here? thinking about making a gearmaster but not able to make it very geared (at most +10 kauda)
would be good comparison of DPS with your video
I list the stats in the description at the time of recording.

Look at my vid using a weaker GM which doesn't use L or Fd. Pretty standard and achievable gears though weapons are +13 90A. But the difference won't be too far off tbh. I have no 3rd stats on plates and talisman. But I might have 1 tough necklace on it.

#44 Crezeance

Crezeance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
  • Crezeance
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:20 PM

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue (:>)

#45 ProtonKaiser

ProtonKaiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • LittleTree

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

Hi,,

I watched your vids, they are amazing.
I did read all the comments in the video and found you mentioning your skill build.

Is it still recommended for now??

#46 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3711 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

View PostProtonKaiser, on 07 April 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Hi,,

I watched your vids, they are amazing.
I did read all the comments in the video and found you mentioning your skill build.

Is it still recommended for now??

My build is focused in preparation for the coming patch, which actually doesn't really change the key skills used in game play.

I will still recommend it. Honestly Ice Pump tower is very bad in general if we wanna talk about damage output. It might be nice that Mm Ice for its small burst of 1600%, but overall, using other Mm skills might lead to equal or slightly less damage for the same cast time. So the cast time is not that worth it. I should look at that tho.

Mecha duck summon skill does absurd damage now, around 1k% so it's nice to have.

I'm not sure how else will we distribute points following the boost. If you have any thoughts, I'm open for discussion :)

#47 ProtonKaiser

ProtonKaiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • LittleTree

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

View PostXenocho, on 07 April 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

My build is focused in preparation for the coming patch, which actually doesn't really change the key skills used in game play.

I will still recommend it. Honestly Ice Pump tower is very bad in general if we wanna talk about damage output. It might be nice that Mm Ice for its small burst of 1600%, but overall, using other Mm skills might lead to equal or slightly less damage for the same cast time. So the cast time is not that worth it. I should look at that tho.

Mecha duck summon skill does absurd damage now, around 1k% so it's nice to have.

I'm not sure how else will we distribute points following the boost. If you have any thoughts, I'm open for discussion :)

as per discussion, I cannot argue ryt now.. I just made and will try to learn to play GM..

this is Murabito btw if you remember me :))

I'll just copy pasta your skill build then (:D) (:D)

#48 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3711 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

View PostProtonKaiser, on 07 April 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

as per discussion, I cannot argue ryt now.. I just made and will try to learn to play GM..

this is Murabito btw if you remember me :))

I'll just copy pasta your skill build then (:D) (:D)

I recommend leaving mecha duck at lvl 1 first then. I only level that due to free sp. Feel free to ask anything, especially if you don't plan to reset at all, where you will need to level with a proper final build.

#49 ProtonKaiser

ProtonKaiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • LittleTree

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

Hello, another question:

should my GM go elemental or non elemental damage?

If elemental, which element is recommended? I don't have tough accs.. and is using lvl 90 weapons

Thankyou

#50 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3711 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:46 PM

View PostProtonKaiser, on 09 April 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

Hello, another question:

should my GM go elemental or non elemental damage?

If elemental, which element is recommended? I don't have tough accs.. and is using lvl 90 weapons

Thankyou

Using the ECJ is recommended, mainly due to GM having -20% ele resist using Chemical Grenade. Elemental conversion calculation is similar to FD, so it can increase your damage output quite significantly.

All elements are the same now, but dark and light benefit from skill rings which have light and dark attack (Up to 9.54% using 80U skill rings of 4.77% each). Stacking light attack also increases Mecha Shock damage slightly, but its not a significant source of DPS.

If you are doing RDN content, consider using ice since a majority of the bosses in RDN have 0 ice resist, making it do more damage than the other elements.

It's a pleasure. You're welcome.

#51 ProtonKaiser

ProtonKaiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • LittleTree

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:52 PM

View PostXenocho, on 09 April 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

Using the ECJ is recommended, mainly due to GM having -20% ele resist using Chemical Grenade. Elemental conversion calculation is similar to FD, so it can increase your damage output quite significantly.

All elements are the same now, but dark and light benefit from skill rings which have light and dark attack (Up to 9.54% using 80U skill rings of 4.77% each). Stacking light attack also increases Mecha Shock damage slightly, but its not a significant source of DPS.

If you are doing RDN content, consider using ice since a majority of the bosses in RDN have 0 ice resist, making it do more damage than the other elements.

It's a pleasure. You're welcome.

Thank you for the reply. It is really helpful.

My goal is to complete the RDN content, so yeah I shall go for the ice route.

For the weapons, do you recommend me to go for +10 nightmare weapons (soon nightmare unique?) or +10 unique RDN weapons..

I am thinking using standard accs until 90 skill accs come to here.

As for the skill build, I managed to cap my GM just before and copy pasta your skill build. What skill do you recommend me to dump the remaining sp??

Side note: your videos really help me to learn GM's gameplay since that now I have access to all the skills needed (lvl 90 now). Really want to thank you once more for the guide and the videos (:D) (:D)

#52 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3711 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostProtonKaiser, on 09 April 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

Thank you for the reply. It is really helpful.

My goal is to complete the RDN content, so yeah I shall go for the ice route.

For the weapons, do you recommend me to go for +10 nightmare weapons (soon nightmare unique?) or +10 unique RDN weapons..

I am thinking using standard accs until 90 skill accs come to here.

As for the skill build, I managed to cap my GM just before and copy pasta your skill build. What skill do you recommend me to dump the remaining sp??

Side note: your videos really help me to learn GM's gameplay since that now I have access to all the skills needed (lvl 90 now). Really want to thank you once more for the guide and the videos (:D) (:D)

I suggest going for ice then. So you will use agi accessories. Remember to use 80 necklace for more agi.

I recommend going for nightmare due to continuity. The rdn U is slightly better but it's not cost efficient.

Perhaps if you can share your skill build, I can share some recommendations since I'm unsure of your the full details.

Im glad this guide helped :)

#53 ProtonKaiser

ProtonKaiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • LittleTree

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hi, its me again..

I hope you are not tired on answering my questions.. :)

Will you someday soon post a video of doing RDN abyss / HC. I wanna see GM's action in RDN

Thank you

#54 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3711 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:57 PM

View PostProtonKaiser, on 11 April 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

Hi, its me again..

I hope you are not tired on answering my questions.. :)

Will you someday soon post a video of doing RDN abyss / HC. I wanna see GM's action in RDN

Thank you

I hope to be able to share my own video on that. But it might not be so soon.

Anyway here's gameplay of a good GM from NA. Hope this helps.

#55 Ameron

Ameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1789 posts
  • Ameron
  • DN, Westwood
  • One

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:22 AM

Has anyone tried Cannon Blaster on a Shooting Star? Is the skill really that bad?

#56 Airea

Airea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:39 AM

Would you recommend spaming Gatling and Cannon towers often? I maxed both and they only takes 5-10% both in my dps chart. (tense) If not I usually do Chainsaw>MM>MM Chainsaw/BMB>Ducks>MM Cannon/Napalm, those two towers I only summon them when others on cooldown.
And btw why da hell GM's EX skills are not towers (clap) Felt wasted 2 EX skill in Mecha duck summon and Siren (clap)

#57 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3711 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostAirea, on 13 April 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

Would you recommend spaming Gatling and Cannon towers often? I maxed both and they only takes 5-10% both in my dps chart. (tense) If not I usually do Chainsaw>MM>MM Chainsaw/BMB>Ducks>MM Cannon/Napalm, those two towers I only summon them when others on cooldown.
And btw why da hell GM's EX skills are not towers (clap) Felt wasted 2 EX skill in Mecha duck summon and Siren (clap)

Precisely why I do not use those towers anymore in recent videos. I find that I deal more effective dps if I transition into mm chain saw immediately. The 5k board damage of mm chain saw requires a full hit gatling and Cannon to deal an equal amount of damage, therefore making those two Towers significantly inferior at the moment.

I would only use those towers first if the boss is in iframe and you are sure you have enough time to summon chain saw, mm and hit it immediately when the spawn iframe disappears.

In the future gatling might become more useful. However we can only choose one tower due to the requirement of having two chain saw on field, which the 4th tower used will replace the 1st regardless of level of tower

#58 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3711 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:19 PM

View PostAmeron, on 13 April 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

Has anyone tried Cannon Blaster on a Shooting Star? Is the skill really that bad?

I have not tried the skill. However, Theoretically, the skill isn't that good.

There is a delay before damage occurs, high skill level requirement for satisfactory damage and more useful for ss only. However, ss rarely run out of skills to cast due to having to reload constantly. And Cannon blaster would get lowest skill priority due to splash having higher damage and cast time.

#59 Taengoo

Taengoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • RJxSeulgi
  • Blitzwood

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:08 PM

Any comments on the two ultis? Quackum and Bullet Barrage? I know Quackum is the go-to ult as I have seen on other builds but is Bullet Barrage really inferior compared to Quackum?

Is going dual-ult like this build okay?

https://dnmaze.com/g...0---0--00--00--

#60 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3711 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:14 PM

View PostTaengoo, on 14 April 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Any comments on the two ultis? Quackum and Bullet Barrage? I know Quackum is the go-to ult as I have seen on other builds but is Bullet Barrage really inferior compared to Quackum?

Is going dual-ult like this build okay?

https://dnmaze.com/g...0---0--00--00--

Looking at this skill build, it feels like you are investing in the ss side only for the ulti with mine thrower, hurricane and biochemical missile at level 1. For this case why not use the dual ulti system to skip those skills, stopping at chemical grenade and transitional damage, learning the gear master ulti as normal, then learning the ss ulti? That will save more sp.

For the time being, the GM ulti is much better due to higher damage and also a cast and let it deal the damage. I am unsure if you will be able to cast the ss ulti under mechanical mode for more damage. If not, it's inferior to the GM ulti.

After the boost, it's worth considering. However, with a 8s cast time to deal full damage, we might miss out on casting 2 mm chainsaw and a few other skills which may not be that far off from casting the entire ulti skill.

Apologies if the terms are not consistent as your description. I will ammend it when I am on the PC.