[Pve Mini-Guide] Making The Most Out Of Your Engineer (Updated 29/01/17)

• Please log in to reply
570 replies to this topic

#561 Xion5

Xion5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

Xenocho
Can I copy the style/format of your guide for making a Adept and Physician(Physician not sure)

#562 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

View PostXion5, on 30 April 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

Xenocho
Can I copy the style/format of your guide for making a Adept and Physician(Physician not sure)

Sure. It's a wall of text tho, but you are welcome to do so. I look forward to it and feel free to let me know if you need any help/suggestions

#563 Xion5

Xion5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

View PostXenocho, on 30 April 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

Sure. It's a wall of text tho, but you are welcome to do so. I look forward to it and feel free to let me know if you need any help/suggestions
Tnx!

#564 DGGuardian

DGGuardian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Raufossa
  • DN, Holywood
  • Stormcrow

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

I am an old returning player (SS), I should have read this before putting my skill back when I used to have it. Anyway thanks for the guide. A lot has changed so thanks for the guide.

Also this may be out of place but at what level box do you get skill resets?

Edited by DGGuardian, 31 May 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#565 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:17 PM

View PostDGGuardian, on 31 May 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

I am an old returning player (SS), I should have read this before putting my skill back when I used to have it. Anyway thanks for the guide. A lot has changed so thanks for the guide.

Also this may be out of place but at what level box do you get skill resets?
93, the final one. You get a jobchange scroll and unlimited reset scroll.

Feel free to ask questions :) Have a good day

#566 DGGuardian

DGGuardian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Raufossa
  • DN, Holywood
  • Stormcrow

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

View PostXenocho, on 31 May 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

93, the final one. You get a jobchange scroll and unlimited reset scroll.

Feel free to ask questions :) Have a good day
Thank you :)

I noticed a lot of changes in the skill build particularly PPB as I usually max that due my prior expierience and I know its not leveled due to SP problems but is it a good trade to get it still since I find myself uncomfortable with the toggle MM playstyle atm.

Also tried out the Cannon Blaster awakening and it feels...clunky. Like really clunky, do you need to use the skill to get the demolition cd reduction or does it just reduce demo cd by 10 flat?

As a point of reference, my old gear is geared around Ice-SS using the elem def reduction on chem grenade and the ice def reduction on ice pump but given what I have seen there is not enough SP anymore to get ice pump if I try out hte MM route.

Edited by DGGuardian, 01 June 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#567 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostDGGuardian, on 01 June 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Thank you :)

I noticed a lot of changes in the skill build particularly PPB as I usually max that due my prior expierience and I know its not leveled due to SP problems but is it a good trade to get it still since I find myself uncomfortable with the toggle MM playstyle atm.

Also tried out the Cannon Blaster awakening and it feels...clunky. Like really clunky, do you need to use the skill to get the demolition cd reduction or does it just reduce demo cd by 10 flat?

As a point of reference, my old gear is geared around Ice-SS using the elem def reduction on chem grenade and the ice def reduction on ice pump but given what I have seen there is not enough SP anymore to get ice pump if I try out hte MM route.

In regards to PPB, it is really horrible now with better options, especially when we compare the SP required for that. If we compare the cast times, Splash would deal more damage in a shorter amount of time. If we play it that way, we could save tons of SP not leveling PPB at all. The bounce damage would only be useful in clearing stuff easily when you are extremely geared. However, overall, I would not recommend it at all.

I agree with the Cannon Blaster. I usually would use that when the boss is doing something which does not allow me to attack. It is very useful if you get into habit of casting it whenever idle, as it works by a flat -10 seconds off Demo's CD. Demo being extremely strong now contributes significantly to the SS' DPS.

The Ice Pump ele reduction does not work anymore due to changes of the whole -ele resist mechanics. Towers are no longer useful for an SS due to the changes made to Alfredo, which requires a level of control versus pre-awakening SS. In this case, I would suggest against going for towers. MM is still necessary to boost Alfredo and Demolition damage though.

#568 Avira

Avira

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • QueenAvira
  • DN, Greenwood
  • BlackArmy

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

reserved (clap)

#569 Ryojelon

Ryojelon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • MishyLoli, MishyPhysi
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:08 AM

Is my way of initially summoning towers alright? This sequence is usually done right as the mob/boss spawns

ipt>ggt>ct>cst>MM then dps whle waiting for either ggt or ct to cd.

This way I can shorten the 'prep time' and still fill the dps gap with ipt while waiting for the other towers.

#570 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostRyojelon, on 09 July 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

Is my way of initially summoning towers alright? This sequence is usually done right as the mob/boss spawns

ipt>ggt>ct>cst>MM then dps whle waiting for either ggt or ct to cd.

This way I can shorten the 'prep time' and still fill the dps gap with ipt while waiting for the other towers.

Yes, it is possible to start with IPT. It will have only a small effect but yes, it does appear to be better. If the boss can already be hit, I would suggest starting with CST > MM to maximise its hits as the most important tower (~35% total DPS)

About GGT or CT as the last tower depends on your choice for towers to DPS the boss. The first tower will be replaced when you summon another Engineer tower; in the case above, IPT. If you intend to summon all GGT, you should put GGT as last, so that your 2nd tower, being CT, will get converted into GGT to give you 3 GGT asap. The same concept applies to having full CT.

3 GGT and 1 CST will deal the most DPS, due to the high hit per volley of GGT (1263% at max level) versus CT (722% at max level). However, if you find the boss always moving, you could include CT inside for more accurate hits. Honestly, I feel like they don't really contribute significantly if the boss is always moving, like in Granom Nest =.= CST is still the most important on field.

#571 SmexyLoli

SmexyLoli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

I got a question regarding Shooting star cuz back then i used to play GM and now im thinking about changing into SS
Now, back then When using GM i just spam Tower and grenade then use MM and blow shet up, but how about ss? Do i just spam Splash or wut? Sry for the noobie question