• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

Going to ask around about this quickly:

Has anyone attempted a Holy Burst+GC into Storm rotation and compared it with Storm first?

Personally I found that both have roughly equivalent DPS and their own pros and cons in terms of rotational tightness:

HB+GC then Storm times HB better and allows the subsequent HBs to be cast almost immediately after Consec(give or take 1-2 seconds), Storm first misaligned HB via-a-vis Consec, and subsequent Consec becomes increasingly awkward as HB is misaligned.

Storm then HB+GC however has a timing advantage with MB EX. MB EX finishes cool down as Storm finishes, allowing you to MB again before HB+GC. HB+GC first means MB EX finishes mid Storm and you lose the debuff for Storm's final hits + Avenging Wave if you squeeze it in after Storm.

Practicality-wise, HB+GC first might have an advantage as they deal their damage almost immediately, so for situations like Consec > Boss decides to run a few seconds later you can get off the HB+GC damage before the boss moves, run to the boss's new location then Storm. With a strict Storm first rotation boss movement = lose HB + GC as you run out of Consec.

I'm currently more inclined to changing the suggested rotation to put HB+GC first before Storm, if anyone can care further insights into the two play styles would be great.

Other planned changes in the near future:
1. Updating the guide for newer gear (Gen earrings, Evo IDN etc) and condensing the main guide to be more user-friendly, shift more to the advanced section.
2. I am considering expanding the guide to include the other two DPS clerics since they lack updated guides. I currently raid IDN HC with all 3 cleric DPS but I am far more solid + optimised on Inqui and Crus and have spreadsheets with gear simulations for them. AH I am currently facing optimisation issues in terms of both gear and gameplay, have no data with regards to stats and gearing choices, but I roughly understand how-to-DPS-on-AH-101.

Edited by Jovion, 12 March 2017 - 10:08 PM.

#1022 soulcrush

soulcrush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • ?????
  • DN, Westwood
  • ?????

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

DPS wise, I would pick Combo (LS+HB+GC) but situational wise I'll pick HB+GC+LS instead and HB+GC is around worth 10 hits of LS. But GC seems buggier than before.

What I like with the gameplay of the inquisitor class is to pick the best starting and ending skill rotation depending on the boss next attack. The rotation could be changed as long as within the normal rotation = situational rotation, like A + B = B +A is achieved before the consecration explosion.

I recently tested a new combo in BTG which is potentially higher than Combo(LS+HB+GC).

Combo A(LS+HB+GC) with my gears gets an average 136mdps

Combo B(2xjudgement+HB+detonate(reapplying electrocution after)+GC+LS) gets as high as 141mdps

I usually kill the golem by the end of the 2nd consecration explosion along with 3x judgement combo before 2nd consecration ends. This is for both Combo A and Combo B

So in combo B, the Lightning Storm will not get a full 15% additional light damage hit.

And I have not used enhanced detonate in experimenting the comparison of combo A and B.

Edited by soulcrush, 13 March 2017 - 08:54 PM.

#1023 ShirouEmiya27

ShirouEmiya27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Kahazumaya
  • DN, Springwood
  • MysticClan

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:19 AM

True that it is situational, as soon as I read this update on combo I tried it and I might say Consec>HB>GC>LS is a much safer move for me to do plus I get to utilize the additional damage enhancement for my HB AND GC while in Consec.

#1024 dupminus

dupminus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

Quick question : Is Shock Transition Activation Rate plate epic good ?

#1025 X1989

X1989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Sinkenshi
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

View Postdupminus, on 02 April 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

Quick question : Is Shock Transition Activation Rate plate epic good ?
Unless ED decides to add something new to Shock Transition later, it isnt good now.

#1026 dupminus

dupminus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Another quick question , do [awk] Detonate modify the Detonate's original damage modifier ? Like ... let's just say , [awk] stomp , or destroyer's [awk] rolling attack

#1027 reymons

reymons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

Would you guys recommend getting UniqueRuDN gears, since i think it quite cheaper compared to getting L Grades,

#1028 Canddi

Canddi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

Can you post the skill jades of legend dragon armors. And also wondering if rune unique armors or legend red dragon armors? Since we can easily craft it

#1029 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:14 AM

I would think Rune Unique > RDN L. RDN L was already only slightly better than IDN U, Rune Unique with its higher attack power and insane stats should trash RDN L.

Take this with a grain of salt however, I've yet to sim it.

Skill jades are only relevant for Red Dragon armor, it is a VERY outdated armor but nonetheless, Weapon jades you will want Starlight (light resist), armor jades depends on your needs but you can't go wrong with spare defense (Pick Resistance, Adamantine or Harmony). Niche jades like Swift or Fortitude may be useful for PvP but find limited use in PvE.

Head special pick between Revenge (get yourself hit deliberately, enjoy 20% boost in damage), Another Chance (useful if you find yourself getting cancelled a lot, get a weak skill cancelled and then you can enjoy guaranteed casts on your big skills) or Tree of Life (Survival boost for First Aid).

Note that for head even a IDN U with a Variant jade around +5 is better for DPS vs RDN L, Rune U with Variant should trash a RDN L helm.

So summarily, there is your rough list, but note your special jades won't last long.

Some ramblings/notes on Rune Dragon HC (Personal opinion only, take with a grain of salt):

Transitioning to Rune Legend weapons, just got Wand. Inquisitors are certainly viable and competitive in Rune Dragon Nest, but it is not an ideal nest for us. Trust me, you will be extremely frustrated in the learning phase as I was until you "get" the nest and know when to time your Consecrations and Lightning Storms. Optimal DPS as an Inquisitor requires you to put in enough effort and practice such that you can get used to the mechs and time your skill usage around them.

Oh also, as a small inspiration for those without full FD, while some full FD DPS are definitely required, you can get away with 1-2 non-full FD peeps. My first clear of RuDN HC had a 40% FD ML and a 50-60% FD Ripper (that being said, the other DPS were all 100% FD and 300% crit damage capped).

#1030 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:36 AM

So today my party scrambled a bunch of sub characters to get additional clears for RuDN HC before the extra Wednesday reset...

Here is a particularly hilarious clear, hilarious af composition. I was running on my sub Inqui (yes, I have two Inquisitors LOL), this friend was using her own Inqui.

So yeah. Messed up composition, 1 Crus, 1 Saint, 2 Inqui. Half the effing party are clerics. Note we typically run 3 healer no tank (seems to work best for us).

Picture credits: My fellow party member (names are not revealed to protect identities)
Posted Image

The Kali died at S3 last bar. Overall managed a 37 min clear in spite of that. Not great but the joke is we cleared with a lack of buffs and a lot of cleric DPS.

Once again, take heart that more or less almost every DPS class is viable to do RuDN HC. Even a screwed up Crus + 2 Inqui Comp with only 2 Rune L Wands in the party (rest are using IDN L) can clear it.

Previously on another run where I was using my main Inqui I managed to do almost an Adept's DPS (was 8m behind the Adept), difference is 1 Rune weapon (I was using Rune Wand, Adept was still on Evo IDN). Part of this can be attributed to 30 mobs however, but that is one place where an Inquisitor pick particularly shines with our massive AoE DPS.

As mentioned, Inqui requires a degree of experience to really maximize DPS using Consec and Lightning Storm. The nature of RuDN being somewhat mobile makes that practically a requirement for Inqui to do well.

I apologize if I cannot provide anything more useful than what I said (admittedly it is pretty useless), but if I were to try and describe how you should place Consec/Use storm for every single part of the nest it would be almost impossible.

However, I can try to give some tips based off my experience, but ultimately the best way to learn how to optimize your DPS as an Inqui is to play the nest itself.

In general, when in doubt, Holy Burst + GC first, Storm can come later even if you are not Consec buffed. The reason is losing HB + GC is more painful than losing Consec buff for your Storm.

For S1, only thing to watch out for is his jumps across the map. Otherwise it is a fairly straightforward boss for Inquis. When he is using Fire Breath, abuse Consec AoE (you can easily place Consec while he is breathing so that you can follow up with HB/GC/Storm once his breath ends).

S2 is again straightforward. Consec combo immediately so that when ADAD -> Free people mech comes up your Consec will come off cooldown in time for the burst window. For shield mech, use Block at the end, run to middle, as soon as your Block his stomp you can immediately launch MB EX and proceed with your combo.

Continuous Charge is can be Blocked and iframed. When in doubt, use Block and Heavenly Judgement to cheese the mech. Beware that Heavenly Judgement renders you immobile so your teammates will hate you especially if you are badly positioned.

S3: I recommend you learn pizza mech in normal so you can save HJ for the last bar pizza - pizzas 1 through 3 are easy (half split, no confuse, full confuse) especially if you have a raid leader calling out the order. For Pizza 4 (half duration confuse) stand in the first one and as soon as the explosion hits IMMEDIATELY hit Heavenly Judgement - you will iframe the entire thing and cheese through the hardest variation of the pizza mech.

Dragon: Straight forward. For P1 as soon as you go to the first zone after wisp hits dragon do Consec > HB > GC but don't bother with Storm, just do some fillers as normally you will get interrupted halfway through Storm with the safe zone change. 2nd zone use Storm + fillers. Last zone drop Consec again and do HB + GC again.

Dragon stage itself is a matter of avoiding mana wipes, for Sign mech, note that if you drop Consec and DPS before you need to move your Consec will continue hitting the boss even while your party is drawing the lines.

30 mobs is where you are king. If possible get your party to gather under the boss so that the mobs converge on you and do Consec > HB > Storm. On a good day you can easily kill up to 15 mobs within the first breath.

Edited by Jovion, 15 May 2017 - 02:42 AM.

#1031 madramenking

madramenking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

hey. what's the best skill build for pve? thanks

#1032 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

View Postmadramenking, on 22 May 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

hey. what's the best skill build for pve? thanks

Read the 1st page

#1033 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

I REALLY need to stop procrastinating and do a brief update for gearing and all in the guide, but have a few leftover exams =/

Quick Analysis of Charge Bolt Link in 95:

Action speed increase of Consec amounts to jack, the total time it takes for the new Charge Bolt + Consec combo is the same as the cast time of Consec currently.

Think of the new link as "your cast animation of Consecration now does damage too". Fortunately it is a decent boost.

The new Charge Bolt Link from videos receives an incredible boost that not only increases the amount of bolts but makes the amount of hits VERY reliable even on small bosses.

You can be assured of at least 25 hits on a boss the size of BTG golem, let alone most raid bosses.

Recalling that each individual bolt is 0.5 coefficient, a maxed Charge Bolt does:

162 * 0.5 = 82% (damage of each bolt in original Charge Bolt)

82% * 1.5 = 121.5% (Apply the 50% boost to Charge Bolt from CM III)

121.5% * 25 = 3037.5% total board (assumes regular 25 hits of 121.5% as seen from videos)

To put that into perspective, that is a good deal more damage than Detonate (not accounting for an Awakened proc), suddenly making Charge Bolt better than practically ALL your Lightning Tree skills

I won't do the usual accounting for Inquisitor buffs/passives yet. Suffice to say, knowing that Inquisitors benefit from the 2nd highest level of multipliers (First being DA), handing us an additional 3k% natural board attack is a decent (but not gamebreaking) boost.

From this, I will recommend the following BASE build.
Posted Image

You have 24 SP to spare.

The reason why for a base build Chain Lightning is 1 is because it has literally fallen VERY behind on our single target location. It has the worst DPS all our skills sans unenhanced GC and HB and has zero interaction with our rotation (Even Lightning Bolt contributes something via the resetting of Judgement Spear charges)

In most cases Chain is relegated to reapplying electrocution after a Detonate for a Detonate Awakened Proc.

Summarily, if you wish to take utility the first skill you drop is Chain Lightning

HJ is also downed to 1 because there is simply no way you'll use it in a normal rotation. 8k% is mitigated by being a long channel, resulting in an overall loss of DPS than if you were to simply cast your Lightning Tree skills in the 10 second timeframe. It is mainly relegated to mech cheesing (the most prominent example being RuDN S3 Pizza)

However, since you have 24 SP to spare from the above build, you can choose to:

Maximize damage by adding Chain Lightning and HJ
Maximize utility by getting Holy Kick 1/6, Miracle Relic, MP and/or Protection Shell

The following is my recommended build, it provides a fairly comfortable compromise between the two:

Posted Image

In the above build you maximize your "regular rotation skills" so I take 16 Chain Lightning and max out Charge Bolt.

On top of that I add MP regen so that I am not completely reliant on MP healing (it can make or break some runs if your healer is not on the ball/dead)

Finally I take Miracle Relic and Holy Kick 1 for utility.

Miracle Relic has proven itself to be a life saver in situations like RuDN HC S2 continuous charge. Being able to chain Miracle Relic after the Saint's MR expires provides a good deal of defensive coverage for your team.

SP constraints mean that I cannot afford to take Holy Kick 6 this time round unless I sac MP or Miracle Relic. Holy Kick 1 should be sufficient for passing your kicking mechs although you won't necessarily be completing them as fast as you are now.

Edited by Jovion, 30 May 2017 - 01:22 PM.

#1034 ShirouEmiya27

ShirouEmiya27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Kahazumaya
  • DN, Springwood
  • MysticClan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:23 PM

Thank you again for your efforts sir Jovion very informative. I've always followed this build for my inqui and I must say it is really good
Thank you for doing a wonderful job and helping those of us who are too lazy to do the proper calculations hahahahaha peace

#1035 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

Just note that what I last posted is for the upcoming 95 cap and CM III release, don't change your build yet since currently in 93 cap Charge Bolt is still useless without the Link upgrade xD

Edited by Jovion, 30 May 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#1036 Khight

Khight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostJovion, on 30 May 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Just note that what I last posted is for the upcoming 95 cap and CM III release, don't change your build yet since currently in 93 cap Charge Bolt is still useless without the Link upgrade xD

Just to clarify things;

Is there a separate cool down for Consecration in the Charged Bolt+Consec Link? Can we put 2 Consec on the floor?
Will there be an automatic skill reset when 95Cap comes like when the Awakening Skills Came?

#1037 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:07 AM

No, Charge Bolt > Consec shares the same CD as Consec, so still 1 Consec per 24 seconds.

Think of Charge Bolt Link not as an upgrade to Consec (it almost doesn't change in any way), rather, think of it as "Your Consec casting animation does damage (if you use the CB>Consec link) and you gain yet another skill equivalent to Detonate every 10 second (if you just use CB without the link)"

I might go as far as to say it might be better to abuse Charge Bolt on cooldown than to save it for Consec.

No guarantee on the skill reset obviously. In KDN I think they have a reset on the 95 box. SEA should have too but there is no guarantee as to what CC/ED might do with our client.

Edited by Jovion, 14 June 2017 - 07:08 AM.

#1038 Khight

Khight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:13 AM

View PostJovion, on 14 June 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

No, Charge Bolt > Consec shares the same CD as Consec, so still 1 Consec per 24 seconds.

Think of Charge Bolt Link not as an upgrade to Consec (it almost doesn't change in any way), rather, think of it as "Your Consec casting animation does damage (if you use the CB>Consec link) and you gain yet another skill equivalent to Detonate every 10 second (if you just use CB without the link)"

I might go as far as to say it might be better to abuse Charge Bolt on cooldown than to save it for Consec.

No guarantee on the skill reset obviously. In KDN I think they have a reset on the 95 box. SEA should have too but there is no guarantee as to what CC/ED might do with our client.

Thank you for the clarification.
I reset my skills already coz I got an oblivion scroll from Altea to prepare for the change of skills rotation.

#1039 Jskidz

Jskidz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

I just wonder around and look at random thread, and see these wall of text.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1040 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

View PostJskidz, on 23 June 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Hi ser,

You have been convicted of disturbing the peace without trial, you are hereby fined 10kg, kindly put it in guild storage by the end of this week.

Just kidding.

Anyway, this is our ML who cleared with ~50% FD with us. He is also evil. Very evil. Bow before your new supreme overlord of evil. :>