Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:32 PM

Also helps that besides Consec/GC everything of ours have short cast time or instant cast. So we will eventually hit the point where we use HB. It is dead last in our priority though due it's low DPS/CD, so yeah.

@truedistance, welcome to Dragon Nest R. Lol.

Edited by Jovion, 13 November 2015 - 05:35 PM.

#22 FinalLax

FinalLax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2003 posts
  • Finalsolryu
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the guide Jovi.

Its rather Interesting that inquisitor will finally make use of the inqui tree. (sob) (sob)

My only concern is i hope that people will understand in a few weeks that inqui under t5 will be dps rather than the healer tag.

Well lets wait and see. The ironic thing is at 90cap i am going to end up with two dps classes(Inqui and Flurry).

Looking forwards to more info, so i can prepare when it comes to Eu.

Edited by FinalLax, 13 November 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#23 Constatino

Constatino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

1. For pure dps skill build, replacing avenging wave with miracle relic worth? Does it still important for 4man nest?
2. Protection shell and miracle relic def buff stack?

#24 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

1. Possible, but its reduction is nerfed to 20%, it is basically an iframe vs 20% reduction every 2 minutes.

You already have Protection Shell and your healer should have another reduction.

Doesn't help bosses don't do much damage anyway so its usage is somewhat limited.

I think the iframe should save you more.

2. Not sure. Will have to test.

Edited by Jovion, 13 November 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#25 INQUIIIIIII

INQUIIIIIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:13 PM

For detonate earrings, are you referring to lvl 80 ones or lvl90?

#26 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3780 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:44 AM

I'm kinda liking the the Max Damage build, but I'm worried the frequency of burn debuffs in RDN. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

#27 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:57 AM

View PostINQUIIIIIII, on 13 November 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

For detonate earrings, are you referring to lvl 80 ones or lvl90?

Doesn't matter, so long it is at least level 80S. +1 Detonate adds a hefty +252% board damage to Detonate. It is the single biggest DPS increase you can get from +1'ing a skill.

View Postrikolero, on 14 November 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

I'm kinda liking the the Max Damage build, but I'm worried the frequency of burn debuffs in RDN. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Most RDN comps bring 3 healers + 5 DPS (sometimes subbing 1 DPS for Guardian).

If 3 healers cannot cure your debuffs properly, I think you have to start questioning them rather than looking at your own skill build. lol.

EDIT: Here is a "Cure Relic Special" for those who are interested in taking Cure Relic while still maintaining as much damage as possible.

Posted Image

EDIT 2: MATH SECTION RELEASED, ENJOY MY (POOR/BASIC) EXCEL SKILLS,

Also, behold the sheer stupidity of our fully boosted, self-buffed+Electric Blessed board damage, yeah, I realised they are in-freaking-sane.

Edited by Jovion, 14 November 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#28 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3780 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:56 AM

Is the composition you're talking about for RDN Norm or RDN HC?

#29 caellyx

caellyx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
  • ApostleEX
  • DN, Holywood
  • Rozenkraus

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:04 AM

Ahhh, with this I can finally create the skill build I will be using for my Inqui. Thank you so much, master Jovion. (And thank you again for answering my question on your other thread) (up) (up) (up)

#30 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:06 AM

Both. HC's time limit is extended to about 1 hour+. The average clear time is roughly 50 min to 60 minutes.

EDIT: So I was slightly wrong: The Guardian substitutes one healer instead of a DPS apparently. So it can be 3 Healers + 5 DPS or 2 Healers+Guard + 5 DPS.

EDIT 2: Weird, so I found another meter where it is 3 Healers + Guard.

View PostFinalLax, on 13 November 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Thanks for the guide Jovi.

Its rather Interesting that inquisitor will finally make use of the inqui tree. (sob) (sob)

My only concern is i hope that people will understand in a few weeks that inqui under t5 will be dps rather than the healer tag.

Well lets wait and see. The ironic thing is at 90cap i am going to end up with two dps classes(Inqui and Flurry).

Looking forwards to more info, so i can prepare when it comes to Eu.

Unfortunately this will be a rough time as everyone gets used to the idea that Inquisitors can't heal any more.

So initially there might be some who try to take Inqui as a healer, only to find Heal/Healing Relic does jack all healing and they die eventually.

After the dust settled, (and hopefully the Devs improve our ability to function on high mobility bosses) we should ease into routine comfortably.

Inquisitors are the "dark-horse" DPS of 90 cap. No one expects us to do a lot of damage, and we don't have a single "big hit" or burst damage that people will notice, but  we have a lot of consistent damage and damage-over-time skills. A DPS meter can tell you that we can compete with the higher end classes like Snipers, and in some cases even surpass them.

I would go so far as to say a meter is required just to see Inquisitor's true damage for the above reasons.

Edited by Jovion, 14 November 2015 - 04:25 AM.

#31 Natsuxc74

Natsuxc74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • † Noblesses †

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:51 AM

Jovi,
Just confirming, with 90 cap elemental debuff capped at 20%, Does it mean stacking layers of inqui electrocution useless? I mean, do we still need to electrocute when about to cast Consec>GCv2? since consec already have ele resist debuff on its own.

Also is electrocution a must to apply to the boss all the time? Since we're the only light based class and players doesn't use light jades anymore most likely. As our role as a dps shouldn't we debuff with electrocution when only about to cast strong dps skill (outside Consec>GCv2)?

Thanks, sorry for the noob question.

#32 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostNatsuxc74, on 14 November 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

Jovi,
Just confirming, with 90 cap elemental debuff capped at 20%, Does it mean stacking layers of inqui electrocution useless? I mean, do we still need to electrocute when about to cast Consec>GCv2? since consec already have ele resist debuff on its own.

Also is electrocution a must to apply to the boss all the time? Since we're the only light based class and players doesn't use light jades anymore most likely. As our role as a dps shouldn't we debuff with electrocution when only about to cast strong dps skill (outside Consec>GCv2)?

Thanks, sorry for the noob question.
Just to be clear:

All resist debuffs have been removed EXCEPT for MindBreaker EX and Heavenly Judgement. Even electrocution does NOT give a resist debuff any more, just the "electric flinch" effect.

MB EX and HJ debuffs do not stack.

Remaining resist debuffs are decoupled from Electrocution, so you can Detonate MB EX/HJ electrocution and still have the -25% resist debuff on the boss. In the same vein, you only need to land any one hit of the above skills to apply the debuff. Whether electrocution occurs or not is irrelevant.

BUT Electrocution is still important:

While Electrocution is used NOT for a resist debuff (since it is non-existent), it is used to trigger your 65 passive which adds +20% damage to electrocuted targets.

So to answer your questions:
You still need to use MB EX before Consec>GC because Consec no longer has a resist debuff

Electrocution is still a must apply because without electrocution we gut our own damage (no more +20% from 65 passive)

Edited by Jovion, 14 November 2015 - 05:01 AM.

#33 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3780 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:19 AM

BTW, is the damage reduction cap at 30%?

#34 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:56 AM

I'll admit that is something I've yet to test in KDN, I'll look into it.

EDIT: There is a problem, I'll likely need a 2nd player.

Protection Shell+MR is the main way left to test this solo. Unfortunately MR is currently bugged to do 2k% per hit (don't take this as the cue to spec MR though, unless you are already doing so or are willing to use a skill reset scroll the moment it is fixed) and will basically murder anything within range.

So basically it'll be easier when the patch drops and I have myself+ say an LF to stack reductions and test one mobs' hit on me.

Edited by Jovion, 14 November 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#35 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11225 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostJovion, on 14 November 2015 - 05:56 AM, said:

Unfortunately MR is currently bugged to do 2k% per hit

That's one hell of a screwup. Lol.

10k% per light pulse round... that's really crazy.

#36 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

https://www.youtube....FnzeOIk#t=5m15s

Behold. (around 5 minute 15 seconds)

Watch how basically MR pulsing a few times basically rapes a boss. Lol. Whereas a Shock of Relic just before/Detonate took off only a bit.

#37 Myuniru

Myuniru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1754 posts
  • Myuniru(Crusader)
  • DN, Holywood
  • Divergence

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:21 PM

MR+PS doesn't stack.I tested it in ABN stage 1 explosion mechanic.

Normal dmg= 100k
PS buff = 70k
PS+MR=70k

MR overwrite PS buff n refresh dmg reduction Duration.

I'm not sure cap at 30%(seems not?based on test above) and stack w/ other dmg reduction El's shield+plated (almost permanent 30%) (:>)

See PS CD
Posted Image

Well not sure if it's CDN exclusive bug or not (lol)

Edited by Myuniru, 14 November 2015 - 10:30 PM.

#38 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:27 PM

Interesting, have to see if it stacks with another class (like LF's) reduction.

It seems like if you take Protection Shell you don't need MR. lol. PS is basically a longer duration and shorter CD MR.

#39 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3780 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:26 AM

I thought PS has shorter duration than MR. PS is 10 s while MR's 20 s.

#40 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:40 AM

PS lasts 20 seconds. Can be plated to 24 seconds.

MR lasts 13 seconds. BUT there is another line in the tooltip that indicates the buff might last 20 seconds.

Hrmm seem like I was mistaken. I knew PS was 20 seconds but I didn't know they upped the MR buff duration to 20 seconds, thought it was like T4 in which it lasts a few seconds but was refreshed.

Based on this I assume it is effectively 13+20 = 33 seconds buff. So MR is 13 seconds longer but still has a much longer CD at 150 seconds.

Either way, if there is only 3 SP left to spend, rather take PS since its lower CD means it is available more often at a roughly 40% uptime VS MR's 22% uptime.