Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11226 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:27 AM

Um, okay, if they don't stack, that means MR is a useless skill unless they actually make MR deal comparable damage to HJ.

#42 llXaldinll

llXaldinll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • llXaldinll
  • DN, Springwood
  • Watersgate Guild Master High Voltage Inquisitor Clerics Alliance Monastery

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:38 PM

Oh wow i've been long gone from forums
and next thing I know ... It was BonJovi's Early Read of the month (oo)

Terrific ! (clap)
I managed to catch up to updates (since im outdated and on hiatus for months (T.T))

My gratitude for this (;])

Edited by llXaldinll, 16 November 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#43 gunturmz

gunturmz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:50 AM

Fellow inquis, I just want to confirm the skills rotation for cap 90 pve since now we have resist, electrocute, and revampet deto.
So basically it will be MB > Deto > electrocute skill > Consec > GC > HB > Deto > electrocute skill and so on?
Thanks in advance for your help.

#44 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

Close Range (Able to use MindBreaker EX Case II electrocution: https://www.youtube....9Bg&app=desktop)

MindBreaker EX electrocutes at 2 points: The point blank hit and the explosion. As such, if you can get off the point blank MindBreaker EX you can just do the following:

MB EX>Detonate>Consecration>Grand Cross>Chain>HB>MB EX>Filler>Filler

You have to cast MB EX again mid-rotation so that the debuff affects Consecration explosion, where a large portion of your damage will come from (Debuff lasts 10 seconds so you have to recast it or it will fall off)

If you can't get in close range:
Chain>Detonate>MB EX>Consec>Grand Cross>HB>Filler>MB EX>Filler>Filler

Chain>Detonate triggers your 10% light attack buff, MB EX at long range can still electrocute at the explosion (you better land it though or you won't have electrocution), you end up casting Consec/GC fully buffed and debuffed. Recast MB EX to reapply debuff.

You get the overall theme. Buff yourself and debuff the boss to max before casting your main DPS skills of Consec>GC. Reapply MB EX debuff when it falls off so Consec explosion can benefit from it.

Edited by Jovion, 22 November 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#45 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Understanding Snapshotting

So I've mentioned this in passing, I'll elaborate a little more on this.

There are two ways to affect damage, buffing your own stats and debuffing the boss.

Skills which spawn projectiles have their attack power "programmed" into the projectile itself at point of launch. That "programming" uses your stats at the time the skill was casted.

What do I mean?

Let's use the example of Consecration and Detonate EXi (+10% light attack for 10 seconds)

Baseline in Colosseum:
Spoiler
736 tick damage and 2441x3 explosion damage.

Now let's apply Detonate EXi (note the buff icon that is not the cooldown reduction)

Spoiler

809 damage, now let's see what the damage is when the buff falls off

Spoiler

The tick damage remains the same as though the buff was still on. In a similar vein, the explosion damage increased to 2685x3 even though by then the buff of Detonate EXi fell off.

So in other words, launched projectiles have a similar mechanic to summons (at least for Inquisitors), when your character releases the projectile, your stats at the time of cast are "programmed" into the projectile. Hence, even if your buffs fall off, your Consec/GC will deal the same damage as though they were buffed.

This means that ideally, when you cast Consec/GC your stats should be as buffed as possible.

The main one that matters is Detonate EXi's light attack buff, make sure when you cast Consec/GC it is up.

So how about debuffs?

Debuffs are calculated at the time the hit lands, that is to say, when your attack hits, the boss stats and debuffs applied are factored in to deal the final hit shown.

This also means that once you launch GC/Consec, the only way to change its damage is to debuff the boss.

This has one gameplay implication: Buffing youself before launching your main skills is far more important than debuffing the boss. You can only benefit from buffs if it is present when you launch the skill. You can benefit from a debuff by simply applying it at any time whether it is before or after you launch the skill.

Of course, ideally, you should apply everything before launching Consec/GC so that all hits of both can benefit from buffs and debuffs. But in the event that you find that a boss is being difficult/there is a relatively short timeframe, then your priority is to buff yourself up with Detonate EXi then cast Consec/GC then apply MB EX's debuff.

This mainly applies when you use Chain first since ideally, MB EX should be the electrocuting spell that let's you Detonate. This is also somewhat trivial since MB EX is nearly instant cast anyway and applies its debuff on any hit. Since most short-term buffs are now self-buffs and the main way others help you deal better damage is through debuffs, this also means that you shouldn't be too concerned over what your teammates are doing. Simply cast your spells and so long as your teammates debuff the boss while Consec/GC is in effect you are good to go.

#46 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 11226 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 22 November 2015 - 07:31 PM

^

That mechanism was responsible for damage transfer bugs..

#47 KimurA

KimurA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • DevuMayCry, Sasukimu
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Applause

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:10 PM

This is why I love being an Inqui, because Jovion (as well as the others who contributed) are always here to give all other Inqui a well-informed decision regarding builds.

#48 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

PSA: I'll be updating the build soon.

Long story short, drop Protection Shell, take First Aid.

First Aid heals 500k HP every time it procs for me (I do have 127k mattack though)

It is basically an insane survival skill. Worth every point.

#49 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

Are Twisted Accessories, much like Tough Accessories, relevant again?

#50 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

Rings nope, DDN L is superior, S grade skill rings are also good.

For neck/earrings, possible, its 6% light vs a lot of attack. Might take a look.

Although for earrings probably want Detonate +1

Edited by Jovion, 26 November 2015 - 08:32 PM.

#51 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:37 PM

How about if you have no DDN L rings?

#52 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 11226 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostJovion, on 26 November 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

PSA: I'll be updating the build soon.

Long story short, drop Protection Shell, take First Aid.

First Aid heals 500k HP every time it procs for me (I do have 127k mattack though)

It is basically an insane survival skill. Worth every point.

I second this.

240% MATK worth of heal every 15 seconds is too good to pass up.

#53 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:30 PM

View Postrikolero, on 26 November 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

How about if you have no DDN L rings?

Go for the skill rings (especially unique grade), the light attack on even epic grades are better, alongside better stats.

#54 Haseofans

Haseofans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:32 AM

all hail inquisitor

Edited by Haseofans, 27 November 2015 - 01:09 AM.

#55 KuyaKOY

KuyaKOY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:55 AM

(one)
this dude is a monster.. what skill that's ripped 1 whole hp bar... gota  change my skill and put miracle relic hahahah...

#56 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:05 AM

Note that MR's insane damage is a bug.

I advice not to take it unless you are willing to spend on an SP reset when it is fixed.

It is not like we need the extra damage anyway.

#57 ZeddStein

ZeddStein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

Does anyone know the % chance of First Aid's activation?
I noticed that it doesn't proc when it take a large chunk of damage. But usually activate when I take damage from small mobs.
Is it coincidence? Or am i just unlucky (:D)
Dat vague skill description.

#58 xxxZVSxxx

xxxZVSxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • xxxZVSxxx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Extalia

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

How's MP consumption in ladder, PVP comp on and PVE?

#59 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostZeddStein, on 28 November 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Does anyone know the % chance of First Aid's activation?
I noticed that it doesn't proc when it take a large chunk of damage. But usually activate when I take damage from small mobs.
Is it coincidence? Or am i just unlucky br= Dat vague skill description.

The % chance is not as often as PvP, and seems to be unreliable especially against boss mechanics, but it procs frequently enough and is strong enough to help you survive a lot of stuff.

In HC mode, when everyone else is near dead or dying (especially in no healer runs, towards the last few boss HP remaining) I'm usually at or near full health, it really is somewhat OP.

View PostxxxZVSxxx, on 28 November 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

How's MP consumption in ladder, PVP comp on and PVE?

Not sure about ladder. PvP comp on for Respawn is similar to last time - live long enough you will run out of MP. For PvE, I don't run out of MP but then again I take the MP passives and things die too fast for me to use that much MP anyway.

#60 ZeddStein

ZeddStein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:03 PM

View PostJovion, on 28 November 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

Not sure about ladder. PvP comp on for Respawn is similar to last time - live long enough you will run out of MP. For PvE, I don't run out of MP but then again I take the MP passives and things die too fast for me to use that much MP anyway.

#JustStrongThings (:D)