622 replies to this topic

#1 fantasy001

fantasy001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:40 PM

The newest changes has arrived! So the old information will be replaced by the current changes and every details of Destroyer's skill tree will be explained and a little tips based on my experiences so far. If there is a feedback for my wrong information will be well-appreciated!

1."Flying Swing EX"
- The cooldown is reduced to 6 sec with a potential of 1960% (future update will furthur boost the dmg to 2580%) max level damage with 100% + 60% EX bonus. This skill is the main DPS skill for Destroyer, both defensive and offensively reliable for all situations.

*Not sure about the current nests but in the previous Volcano Nest (lv.80), this skill is used to tank party wipe mechanics and it always worked (-70% damage reduction while casting).
*60% EX bonus will be divided into 3 waves with 20% each. In order to land full hit, it all depends on your skill on how well you know about the AOE and range of the skill as well as  the hit box of an enemy.

2."Punishing Swing EX"
- Fire elemental has been removed, but the burn damage will still be affected by Fire Attack %. It has 10 sec cooldown with +60% EX bonus (60% increased damage is within the bomb) and has 16 sec provoke duration. Life-saving skill for turning the face of the boss to your face!

3."Ring Bomb EX"
- The cooldown is reduced to 11 sec with a potential of 1281% (future update will be 2226%) with 100% + 60% EX bonus. The mechanics of the skill is the same as Flying Swing, but with faster casting animation and lesser super armor destruction. This skill could be the main rotative skill for Destroyer's DPS output due to EX INS. The AOE can be changed by holding down backward key to turn it into a close range attack.

*The AOE change's damage is bugged currently, and hope that it will be fixed in the near future.

4."Rolling Attack EX"
- Original cooldown is 19 sec and will be reduced by 1 for each level. 1553% max level damage with 100% EX bonus. Utility wise, this skill could be used to dodge ground attacks as well as moving in and out of combat, though the skill itself is still relatively slow. It is all about timing!

5."Howl Charging"
- Release a damage-absorbing barrier within 10m wide. The durability of the barrier is based on the 20% of Destroyer's  Max HP (hope they really fix it this time!). It has 4 charges which can be cast instantly after using the skill by consuming 1 charge. Each charge has 20 sec cooldown.

*Based on the description, Guardian has 5m range and Destroyer has 10m range. Guardian's barrier is based on the 20% of each individual player's Max HP and Destroyer is based on his Max HP. Guardian's cooldown is 5 sec with consuming bubble as the restriction and Destroyer has 4 charges with 20 sec cooldown as restriction.

6."Maelstrom Howl"
- The symbol of Destroyer (previously is Breaking Point (T.T)). The advance version of Flying Swing with suction effect and great damage. 2629% max level damage with +130% EX bonus. It has 15 sec cooldown and will provide a buff that will add attack power based on your 200% current VIT (this buff will be removed in the near future). One of the highest super armor defense and high damage reduction (-70% damage reduction) skill that has let Destroyer earned the title of "tanking-in-the-face" reputation. It can reduce enemy's attack by 20% for 20 sec too btw.

7."Class Mastery I"
- The current Class Mastery I only add 10% attack power and healing factor by using Howl Charging. It will heal 3% of your max HP for every 2 sec. Any max HP changes will be directly counted as the base for the healing factor.

8."Class Mastery II"
- Known as the EX INS passive, Flying Swing EX will become an instant skill whenever Ring Bomb is cast. The AOE of Flying Swing EX INS is fixed and will not be able to change into the older Flying Swing EX INS's AOE swap due to the fact that Ring Bomb's AOE can be altered instead. An addition of 50% VIT convert into attack power was added passively though there will be changes in the future. Thanks to the changes of this skill, Destroyer can have a second home-run shoot since the cooldown of Flying Swing EX and INS does not share. Yay! Who love baseball? cuz I don't but it's cool (:>)

Here are the Info about Destroyer's Awakening Skills along with the changes of other skills:

Mercenary

Flying Swing: 1960% > 2580% (PVE)
Punishing Swing: 1148% > 1463% (PVE)
Ring Bombs: 1281% > 2226% (PVE)
Rolling Attack
– 10 [Fury] consumption added (PVE, PVP)
– Level 1 CD is increased to 25 sec. (PVE)
– Max level CD 13 sec.

Stomp: 605% > 857% (PVE)
Demolition Fist: 1048% > 1712% (PVE)
Circle Swing: 1556% > 1993% (PVE)
Whirlwind: 1707% > 2510% (PVE)
Battle Howl
– PVE: Attack increase 10%, Critical increase 15%
– PVP: Attack increase 5%, Critical increase 10%

Crisis Howl
– gain 10 [Fury] after casting (PVE, PVP)
– skill can be learned after Level 18.  (PVE, PVP)

Iron Skin
– consume 15 [Fury] after casting (PVE, PVP)
– damage reduction effect is removed  (PVE, PVP)
– duration is reduced to 18 sec  (PVE, PVP)
– CD is changed to 35 sec (PVE), 60 sec (PVP)

Highlander
– Survival under low HP effect is removed. (PVE, PVP)
– Consume 30% HP to gain 50 [Fury]  (PVE, PVP)
– CD is changed to 60 sec (PVE)

Taunting Howl
– Aggro increase and critical reduction effect are removed (PVE, PVP)
– induce 20% damage debuff, duration 10 sec. (PVE, PVP)

Havoc Howl
– Max HP increase effect is removed (PVE, PVP)
– [Fury] consumption added (PVE, PVP)
– Grant invincibility while casting. (PVE, PVP)

Resentment
– name of Toughness is changed; all existing effect is removed (PVE, PVP)
– gain1 [Fury] every 2 sec, up to max 50.
– each [Fury] increases 1% STR and 0.4% damage reduction
– can be learned after Level 18

Destroyer

Charging Howl
– added cool down charging effect (PVE)
– CD is reduced to 10 sec (PVE)

Maelstrom Howl
– Additional attack from VIT is removed (PVE, PVP)

Flying Swing EX: Gain [Fury] when you hit enemies (PVE, PVP)
Class Mastery II
– Attack increase from VIT is removed (PVE, PVP)

– Added attack increase effect (PVE, PVP):

Below will be the next changes for Destroyer after the release of Awakening Skill :

Class Mastery I
– During the buff duration of Battle Howl, grant bonus max HP based on VIT
– Grant HP recovery every 2 sec after using Highlander

Class Mastery II: grant bonus attack based on VIT
[Awakening Passive] Hammer Mastery
– name is changed to Weapon Mastery
– the effect is valid even without equipping hammer.

Crash Mode
– CD is changed to 8 sec
– duration is changed to 15 sec
– grant additional crit
– grant Hp recovery every 2 sec
– Normal attack: 1255% > 3250%
– Special attack: 1004% > 2600%

[Awakening Passive] Howl Charging: press special attack to trigger self buff

source :

http://www.freedompl...kill-awakening/
http://www.freedompl...kill-awakening/
http://www.freedompl...age-guild-nest/

Edited by fantasy001, 09 June 2016 - 03:22 PM.

#2 defragz

defragz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts
  • defragz
  • DN, Westwood
  • onigiri

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for the info. I hope to be able to play with my destroyer in the upcoming lvl 90!

Btw, I think destroyer's class mastery I still wrote:
Restores health after using Empowering Howl.
Duration: 10 sec
Restores 3% health every 2 sec
(According to http://dnss.herokuap...m/job/destroyer)

So I guess destroyer CAN tank it all. I wish to see more Destroyer gameplays.

#3 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:42 PM

I've loved Destroyers since 50 cap, but as time goes on, it is apparent that even the developers are confused on what to do with them. The 3% self heal contradicts with Toughness, and now Crisis Howl being the core of their Class Mastery 2. What is even funnier is the heal used to be on Howl Charging, the single support skill that have the ability to easily activate Toughness' second effect.

I wish the trigger for the cooldown reduction could be moved to something more reliable like Taunting Howl.

Oh didn't they change the EX Instant in the latest KDN patch?

#4 fantasy001

fantasy001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:30 AM

View Postdefragz, on 16 November 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

Thanks for the info. I hope to be able to play with my destroyer in the upcoming lvl 90!

Btw, I think destroyer's class mastery I still wrote:
Restores health after using Empowering Howl.
Duration: 10 sec
Restores 3% health every 2 sec
(According to http://dnss.herokuap...m/job/destroyer)

So I guess destroyer CAN tank it all. I wish to see more Destroyer gameplays.
It's a dead class although he "can't" die in front of nest bosses lol
that's what I like about Destroyer being the toughest of all warrior in terms of pure tanking-in-the-face and DPS at the same time.
he's damage is quite decent though, can't wait for 3R patch and test out the new damage boost that dev has given!

anyway, the description did say it's Howl Charging, and I'm sure dev is aware. Maybe they are too busy with Silver Hunter that they have to postpone the changes. If it is indeed for Howl Charging, then expect a painless spanking from nest bosses (:>)

View PostInnocentuz, on 16 November 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

I've loved Destroyers since 50 cap, but as time goes on, it is apparent that even the developers are confused on what to do with them. The 3% self heal contradicts with Toughness, and now Crisis Howl being the core of their Class Mastery 2. What is even funnier is the heal used to be on Howl Charging, the single support skill that have the ability to easily activate Toughness' second effect.

I wish the trigger for the cooldown reduction could be moved to something more reliable like Taunting Howl.

you probably right.
Not confuse though, but they are trying to boost his dmg but doesn't want to boost his dmg at the same time.
that's why the contradiction of toughness and Howl Charging because he is a "tank". He needs the damage when he is low on health. If he is not low on health, then no damage lol
but in 90cap it should be easier to trigger 20% dmg of toughness, but due to the removal of dmg debuff, casting havoc howl is risky. I would consider that iron skin should be the skill that increases the MAX HP and Havoc Howl for the heal to maximize tanking capacity. Since the HP increase to 116% has been fixed, without the heal, the dmg reduction of iron skin shouldn't be a problem to attain the 20% dmg buff.

we all wish that the cooldown reduction can be triggered easily, but they are trying to make it not too OP and promoting the "useless" skill at the sametime. Basically a trigger of 20% cooldown reduction is equal to the application of a CD plate to all skill.
it is extremely useful and if it is used as a spam, it's quite a game breaking (shame) (although Destroyer is meant to break and destroy)

I don't know any of the changes in EX instant though
Mind to share the info? kinda interested (:])

#5 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:42 AM

View PostInnocentuz, on 16 November 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

Its still an irony how name Destroyer become a joke when hes actually tanker. Thats my whole point. I dont want to point anything anymore.
Even my crus that undergeared could deal better damage that equal 1:5 to +12 eq destroyer.
Also in raid, vitality stack is pretty much a joke when you only got 70k dmg then use maelstorm and suddenly capped the dmg with only 1 lf buff.
Later in 90 cap.
1st thing i would say.
Crisis howl, how the heck did this supposed to be face to face when your enemies doesnt even stagger/paralyze you? Try rdn, see how many skill does monster have that only deal paralyze damage? I instead hoping this thing to be moved in other skill instead.
or theres some error here in freedom translation
Posted Image
Panick howl seems a to be called howl Charging with 60 secs cd.
2nd Maelstorm howl buff.
Its still their main dps skill yet i didnt see any big difference yet in T5 Buff, a joke for me. If only they add it like 2500% or higher, now we are talking. I mean even GUARDIAN got 14.5 secs JC with 5000% dmg. And actual fish. Same Effect.
But you know. Since there will be no more damage cap in raid, their 200% vit will have a very good use this time.
3rd Even all of Destroyer skill got boosted to 1000% higher its still have a decent dps. Its casting speed,not to mention the soccer bomb cd for ex.
If they did add like somekind of trigger switch skill that use gigantic bomb that deal 1000% dmg if enemies marked somekind of bone crush now i agree its called destroyer (Like Lancea Vunler status + Skewer), not "Tanking" all the way.
Destro was never meant to tank in 50 cap, as soon i realise it, they buff barb especially about the Circle Swing Fury. Its just why..

Either way Guardian is still a better tanker compared to Destroyer, and still they have the same amount of % skill buff.
60 Secs SoF 10 bubble = 5 times 20% hp in total means 100% the guardian hp. Bubble also could be obtained while provoking + shield. Provoke work 100% in certain enemies. they Also got 75% dmg reduction and DA.
Destroyer
60 Secs HC. 20% HP + Havoc = 2x or in total 40% hp of Destroyer. He also could reset 20% if Panick Howl Triggered. They also got 60% dmg reduction + Super armour. A Debuff and Taunting howl. The problem is > Taunting need to be hit in order to taunt the dmn enemies, so invisble enemies couldnt be taunted. Including the Punishing Swing. They also got heal from Highlander but actual fish that this skill have a very high cooldown, it does have 180 secs time but do ineed to mention you. Boss nest debuff bruh.
Or do HL now cannot be removed by debuff?
I think the HL heal is now moved again to HC?
Spoiler
From https://dnss-kr.hero.../job/destroyer.
Its up to date since i saw the class mastery also changed to add +13% damage instead 5/10% total user vit.

Edited by XaelCry, 17 November 2015 - 12:47 AM.

#6 Sewayne

Sewayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:31 AM

RIP old Breaking Point, it was the only thing that made the class stand out with the name "Destroyer"

#7 fantasy001

fantasy001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostXaelCry, on 17 November 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:

Its still an irony how name Destroyer become a joke when hes actually tanker. Thats my whole point. I dont want to point anything anymore.
Even my crus that undergeared could deal better damage that equal 1:5 to +12 eq destroyer.
Also in raid, vitality stack is pretty much a joke when you only got 70k dmg then use maelstorm and suddenly capped the dmg with only 1 lf buff.
Later in 90 cap.
1st thing i would say.
Crisis howl, how the heck did this supposed to be face to face when your enemies doesnt even stagger/paralyze you? Try rdn, see how many skill does monster have that only deal paralyze damage? I instead hoping this thing to be moved in other skill instead.
or theres some error here in freedom translation
Posted Image
Panick howl seems a to be called howl Charging with 60 secs cd.
2nd Maelstorm howl buff.
Its still their main dps skill yet i didnt see any big difference yet in T5 Buff, a joke for me. If only they add it like 2500% or higher, now we are talking. I mean even GUARDIAN got 14.5 secs JC with 5000% dmg. And actual fish. Same Effect.
But you know. Since there will be no more damage cap in raid, their 200% vit will have a very good use this time.
3rd Even all of Destroyer skill got boosted to 1000% higher its still have a decent dps. Its casting speed,not to mention the soccer bomb cd for ex.
If they did add like somekind of trigger switch skill that use gigantic bomb that deal 1000% dmg if enemies marked somekind of bone crush now i agree its called destroyer (Like Lancea Vunler status + Skewer), not "Tanking" all the way.
Destro was never meant to tank in 50 cap, as soon i realise it, they buff barb especially about the Circle Swing Fury. Its just why..

Either way Guardian is still a better tanker compared to Destroyer, and still they have the same amount of % skill buff.
60 Secs SoF 10 bubble = 5 times 20% hp in total means 100% the guardian hp. Bubble also could be obtained while provoking + shield. Provoke work 100% in certain enemies. they Also got 75% dmg reduction and DA.
Destroyer
60 Secs HC. 20% HP + Havoc = 2x or in total 40% hp of Destroyer. He also could reset 20% if Panick Howl Triggered. They also got 60% dmg reduction + Super armour. A Debuff and Taunting howl. The problem is > Taunting need to be hit in order to taunt the dmn enemies, so invisble enemies couldnt be taunted. Including the Punishing Swing. They also got heal from Highlander but actual fish that this skill have a very high cooldown, it does have 180 secs time but do ineed to mention you. Boss nest debuff bruh.
Or do HL now cannot be removed by debuff?
I think the HL heal is now moved again to HC?
Spoiler
From https://dnss-kr.hero.../job/destroyer.
Its up to date since i saw the class mastery also changed to add +13% damage instead 5/10% total user vit.
I totally agree with your view. Things has been changed in 90cap and the info that we know now are still too little. Previously, people are even saying that highlander is an exclusive skill for Destroyer ONLY and now it is proven out that its a false recognition which is kind of irony that they know so little about Destroyer.
I've never been to RDN due to my "dead" class reputation, so I would assume some of the boss' normal attack should be a paralyzing attacks (excluding party attack). It is indeed that the execution of crisis howl to activate the 20% CD reduction is hard, but they might be trying to promote different gameplay. Let's see how it goes when 90cap comes lol
I'm going to buy a crisis howl CD reset cooldown to reserve for 90cap later and see how useful it is.

Regarding about the damage, I think dev took in consideration of its range. JC currently is the shortest melee ranged skill where you kinda like to have a point blank range to execute. Even though MH EX has lower damage and nerfed in suction, but the EX has increased in the AOE that matched the 80cap suction AOE.
Compared to Guardian and Destroyer, Guardian's work is much easier but Destroyer's work is much of a challenging, but now basically Destroyer has become a mid-ranged class that is quite suitable for tanking in some point where by his range could at least reach while Dragon-Tanking, Hench the revamp of all nests.
Nevertheless though, MH should be boosted more even if his EX is 130%
So we have to really see the rest of the nest mechanics first before saying that Destroyer is inferior to Guardian. Mercenary have 1 skill that Guardian absolutely doesn't have, and that is Devitalizing Howl. It could be a Trump card for us to shine again, but let's not get our hopes high yet (shame)
On 1 question for Guardian though, where the heck does he have a 75% dmg reduction buff?
the tooltip of the simulator stated that Guardian only have 30% dmg reduction in Iron Will, or did I miss out something?

The tooltip stated in Howl Charging, but in the game it was highlander that heals. So after the implementation of Silver Hunter, I hope they could further revamp Destroyer though.
And about the nesting, buff clearance mechanics should be diminished, but risky when it is buff wiped. I don't know about it but they are trying to not let everyone be able to survive easily, that's why the difficulty of crisis howl activation. They managed to at least even out the DPS, but they got lotsa works to do to even out tanks from how I see, or they should just make Destroyer another DPS instead like WW and Tempest lol

View PostSewayne, on 17 November 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

RIP old Breaking Point, it was the only thing that made the class stand out with the name "Destroyer"
Absolutely agree! it should have revamped that its activation should work on some mechanics of the bosses to "save" his teammates by breaking the boss' ass. OR they should make it into an active skill which destroys a percentage of Super Armor OR breaking super armor based on percentage rather than direct super armor destruction. This can really make Destroyer a reliable tanker and DPS at the same time and make Destroyer to be one of the strongest competitor in tanking. Why they never thought of that ?!! (T.T)

#8 Blue559

Blue559

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 661 posts
  • xR-f (Moonlord)(Quited)
  • DN, Springwood
  • S-lva--re

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:25 AM

View Postfantasy001, on 17 November 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

snip
Here use this
http://dnss.herokuap...m/job/destroyer

But only updated till october 14 patch. Only lacking the stuff from silver hunter patch.

Also about RDN.
1st stage
the spin attack if you are at the front it does stagger/paralyze for the 1st and 2nd hit.(safe)
Arrow dropping down during stomp also does stagger(risky for this one)
Fire ball after arrow stomp does stagger/paralyze.(safe)
The arrow he fires out prior the dash attack(safe just don't get caught into the dash?)

2nd stage.
If you have the aggro the drag will always stagger you(100% safest)
The spin he does after the drag paralyze(safe)
The ice cone shaped aoe also staggers.(safe too)
The 3 fire ball after fire tornado staggers(Be quick on this one and safe)

3rd stage
The crescent cleave after full charge staggers(safe if you have def buff and full hp)
The swipe before the stabs staggers. (actually the stab staggers but depend on which hits 1st)(safe)
There are actually more in this stage but not easy to execute.
(His attack pattern is the same as fel guardian if you can do something else other than this in guardian nest fel you should be able to do it here too)

4th stage(risky if you have blue ball debuff)
jasmine yellow mines does paralyze(not recommnended as it kills anyone in 1 hit mostly)
Track mine(like BDN mino axe throw)(safe)
The blue ball of electric during blue ball mech you will always get 1(100% safest)
Red ball Non track version (abit risky)

That all i know. Since crisis howl CD is also quite long even with CD plate about 15 sec downtime or more.
I find it reasonable.

Edited by Blue559, 17 November 2015 - 11:08 AM.

#9 fantasy001

fantasy001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostBlue559, on 17 November 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Here use this
http://dnss.herokuap...m/job/destroyer

But only updated till october 14 patch. Only lacking the stuff from silver hunter patch.

Also about RDN.
1st stage
the spin attack if you are at the front it does stagger/paralyze for the 1st and 2nd hit.(safe)
Arrow dropping down during stomp also does stagger(risky for this one)
Fire ball after arrow stomp does stagger/paralyze.(safe)
The arrow he fires out prior the dash attack(safe just don't get caught into the dash?)

2nd stage.
If you have the aggro the drag will always stagger you(100% safest)
The spin he does after the drag paralyze(safe)
The ice cone shaped aoe also staggers.(safe too)
The 3 fire ball after fire tornado staggers(Be quick on this one and safe)

3rd stage
The crescent cleave after full charge staggers(safe if you have def buff and full hp)
The swipe before the stabs staggers. (actually the stab staggers but depend on which hits 1st)(safe)
There are actually more in this stage but not easy to execute.
(His attack pattern is the same as fel guardian if you can do something else other than this in guardian nest fel you should be able to do it here too)

4th stage(risky if you have blue ball debuff)
jasmine yellow mines does paralyze(not recommnended as it kills anyone in 1 hit mostly)
Track mine(like BDN mino axe throw)(safe)
The blue ball of electric during blue ball mech you will always get 1(100% safest)
Red ball Non track version (abit risky)

That all i know. Since crisis howl CD is also quite long even with CD plate about 15 sec downtime or more.
I find it reasonable.
Thanks alot for the information!
It actually provides better vision that the playstyle of destroyer is really depended with crisis howl and applicable in most of the nests, but im not sure if minotaur's throwing axe is a staggering attack though since the mino that i've experienced so far will make player knocked down.
It came to my mind that since iron skin's feature is to prevent super armor destruction, Dev should add an extra feature that if iron skin's SA has broken, staggered animation should be played instead rather than knockdown. This will promote the complete usage of crisis howl in both PVE and PVP. Of course skill like gravity ascension would still knockdown iron skin.I hope Dev will hear my voice here or any cherrycredits staff lol

#10 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

Right.
I already planning to raise the Crisis howl the max, see if it worth while leaving the Barb skill only for 1 (Hybrid PvP).
90 Cap name destroyer is still a dead class regardless what kind of item destroyer will use.
I just forgot about 1 thing, Guardian doesnt have much advantage from Vit Jades while destroyer could get his damage doubled from it.
JC is spammable with 1/2 Secs casting animation tho it is risky to use it.
Now at least we've a good use for Howl Charging other than 30% dmg reduction + Super armour.
I still have no idea why they left destroyer without fury like barb or at least Try to enchance their howl like Havoc (Other than 20 atk from class mastery), and Devitalizing Howl (Which got no effect in class mastery).
Theres only a few information about Destroyer in 90 cap, not to mention their appearance in Vid/Guide which is saddened me as a destroyer  from 50 cap.
Due alot of discrimination or i wouldnt call it a discrimination either because 70-80 cap Destroyer is just a joke, i repeat its a joke.
2% hp recov with 100% crit for what? Unreliable damage other than Maelstorm. 65 Skill that only add 10% dmg while other class could get a damage stack,skill reduction,stat convertion, Or even 1000% dmg like Barb Circle Fury.
Useless howl charging that only heal yourself and give your party dmg reduction + super armour with 60 secs cd(48 plated),while most monster in 70-80 got alot of debuff skill and Guardian as a tanker got 5 secs guardian force cd that actually works better than Destroyer. (I did mention about 75% guardian dmg reduction skill but that in 80 cap XD not 90 cap which is nerfed at 30% instead).
I even dare people to get his ass in RDN right now in exchange of guardian or other class as a "DPS/Tanker".

I think if they want to boost destroyer would be better to move that crysis howl to deva howl instead (:D) Since it almost have the same cd and forgiveable casting animation other than need to be staggered using crysis howl.

#11 Blue559

Blue559

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 661 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • S-lva--re

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

Remember when Destroyer were Top MT during BDN era lol.

So bad that guardian were totally useless. because BDN boss were immune to provoke. Guardian force cant do much.
meanwhile destro punishing swing debuff is 100% aggro.

Until guard revamp arrived and toss destro out of the throne.
That 2% heal allow destro to be near independent from healer.

Too bad you were not here during BDN era when destro had the MT throne.

But really 1 thing they could fix is to make Howl charging CD 35 sec rather than 60 sec.

Btw barb circle swing fury nerf to 500% already but no difference when T5 board dmg for circle swing is buff by x2.

Just remember destro is not 100% offensive class unless you plan to kill barb class which was what happen before barb revamp.

Edited by Blue559, 17 November 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#12 fantasy001

fantasy001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostBlue559, on 17 November 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

So bad that guardian were totally useless. because BDN boss were immune to provoke. Guardian force cant do much.

But really 1 thing they could fix is to make Howl charging CD 35 sec rather than 60 sec.

Btw barb circle swing fury nerf to 500% already but no difference when T5 board dmg for circle swing is buff by x2.

Just remember destro is not 100% offensive class unless you plan to kill barb class which was what happen before barb revamp.
His era is only once, still incomparable to Guardian. Destroyer is the only job that works really well for solo play dungeon and good tanking power, but what the nest players want is his benefit for the team, which has also toppled down by Guardian although I find it no difference between a high endurance shell(Destroyer) with a permanent low endurance shell + heal(Guardian)
Destroyer's shell can be permanent too either with the help of CD plate or with the help of crisis howl cd reduction, but the mind of people is like "look! He has heal and 5 sec GF, choose him!". So basically people will go over things that is much easier to understand compared to another "special" mechanic of another tank because they don't try to understand.
Destroyer can deal decent damage which i'm quite happy about. I just don't want a nerf in destroyer's dmg that's all. The boost should keep on coming.

#13 AlyceEcyla

AlyceEcyla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

View Postfantasy001, on 17 November 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Destroyer's shell can be permanent too either with the help of CD plate or with the help of crisis howl cd reduction

Not sure if I'm right, let's say
Howl Charging with CD plate = 48 seconds CD
Crisis Howl with CD plate = 15.2 seconds CD
Each activation of Crisis Howl reduces all skills current CD by 20%

Assume that all situation is ideal, cast Howl Charging then cast Crisis Howl instantly. Thus, reduce Howl Charging CD from 48s to 38.4s and Crisis Howl CD from 15.2s to 12.16s. After the 12.16s, cast Crisis Howl immediately and reduce the Howl Charging CD from 26.24s to 20.992s (21s).

CD of Howl Charging reduced from 48 > 38.4 > 26.24 > 20.992

Assuming the whole process of casting skill animation consume roughly 3 seconds, the duration of shell is 20 seconds and we are able to reduce Howl Charging CD to 21 seconds in 15.16 seconds. Now the duration of shell left less 5 seconds and the cooldown of  Howl Charging still 21 seconds (Crisis Howl is now undergoing 12.16 seconds CD).

Is it really possible to make the shell permanent?
Or the CD reduction doesn't work that way?

#14 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostBlue559, on 17 November 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

Nerf 500% add the dmg circle swing dmg 40% higher. Thats not a nerf. Not to mention stat refix which mean the dmg isnt reduced.

35 Secs howl charging would work in T5 later but 60 secs is just too long only for 20% hp convertion.
And their class ex is also a joke in pve but works in pvp (lol).

View PostAlyceEcyla, on 17 November 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Assume that all situation is ideal, cast Howl Charging then cast Crisis Howl instantly. Thus, reduce Howl Charging CD from 48s to 38.4s and Crisis Howl CD from 15.2s to 12.16s. After the 12.16s, cast Crisis Howl immediately and reduce the Howl Charging CD from 26.24s to 20.992s (21s).

Assuming the whole process of casting skill animation consume roughly 3 seconds, the duration of shell is 20 seconds and we are able to reduce Howl Charging CD to 21 seconds in 15.16 seconds. Now the duration of shell left less 5 seconds and the cooldown of  Howl Charging still 21 seconds (Crisis Howl is now undergoing 12.16 seconds CD).

we dont know because theres only a few ppl use destroyer and destroyer revamp is just too much.
Not to mention the dead class reputation (:>) .

#15 Blue559

Blue559

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 661 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • S-lva--re

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:09 PM

View PostXaelCry, on 17 November 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Nerf 500% add the dmg circle swing dmg 40% higher. Thats not a nerf. Not to mention stat refix which mean the dmg isnt reduced.

35 Secs howl charging would work in T5 later but 60 secs is just too long only for 20% hp convertion.

we dont know because theres only a few ppl use destroyer and destroyer revamp is just too much.
Nah not as joke as gearmaster.

Their instant ex is pretty much just around 6 to 10. middle area.

#16 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostBlue559, on 17 November 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

Nah not as joke as gearmaster.

Their instant ex is pretty much just around 6 to 10. middle area.
Too bad i am not interested in gearmaster since i am going physc for my loli. As for class change,
I am thinking to keep my destro instead changing to ml/barb.
Still, i do be grateful if they buff destro/revamp it again.

#17 fantasy001

fantasy001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

View PostAlyceEcyla, on 17 November 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

I did my calculation earlier and I'm mistaken that Howl charging cannot do a permanent high endurance shell (that was unfortunate (T.T)), but with CD reset chance 10% still be able to do a permanent buff but very unstable.
I think that's the reason why dev put highlander in mercenary so that its usage can be applied to both class properly.
Thanks for pointing out my silly mistake. (:])

note: upon crisis howl's activation, I doubt that its CD will reduce at the same time.

Edited by fantasy001, 17 November 2015 - 11:01 PM.

#18 fantasy001

fantasy001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

View PostXaelCry, on 17 November 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

Too bad i am not interested in gearmaster since i am going physc for my loli. As for class change,
I am thinking to keep my destro instead changing to ml/barb.
Still, i do be grateful if they buff destro/revamp it again.
Destro definitely will be buffed, I'm sure of it (sob)
but i never heard that destroyer has been nerfed except during 70cap where he's rolling attack EX in PVP can really make female class scream with pleasure lol
after that mostly are boosts

#19 AlyceEcyla

AlyceEcyla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:06 PM

View Postfantasy001, on 17 November 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

I did my calculation earlier and I'm mistaken that Howl charging cannot do a permanent high endurance shell (that was unfortunate (T.T)), but with CD reset chance 10% still be able to do a permanent buff but very unstable.
I think that's the reason why dev put highlander in mercenary so that its usage can be applied to both properly.
Thanks for pointing out my silly mistake. (:])
When it comes to probability, the outcomes can be vary but that slim chance wouldn't make public choose Destroyer over Guardian for the possible permanent protective shell. I hope for another boost for Destroyer as well. Not the damage buffed, but the support ability.

View PostXaelCry, on 17 November 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Won't be long until 90cap hits DNSEA. We will soon figure out everything. (:D) The secret presence, Destroyer (:>)

#20 fantasy001

fantasy001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

View PostAlyceEcyla, on 17 November 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

When it comes to probability, the outcomes can be vary but that slim chance wouldn't make public choose Destroyer over Guardian for the possible permanent protective shell. I hope for another boost for Destroyer as well. Not the damage buffed, but the support ability.

Won't be long until 90cap hits DNSEA. We will soon figure out everything. (:>)

View PostAlyceEcyla, on 17 November 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

yup, people will just go for easier stuff huh, how unfortunate...
since Guardian has infinite divine ascension too, why is the GF still in 5 sec cooldown though.
even with the changes to 20% of the caster's HP as the shell, the CD should have been raised. we all know that he can't DPS well but they alrd did something for JC. I dont get it lol
anyway, you play destroyer too ?

Edited by fantasy001, 18 November 2015 - 12:07 AM.