622 replies to this topic

#41 AlyceEcyla

AlyceEcyla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:58 AM

View Postdefragz, on 25 November 2015 - 01:51 AM, said:

@AlyceEcyla you get to know this by doing it yourseld is it? Have you guys checked the description for class mastery I and II of Destroyer in our client? I can't check them yet so can anyone do it?
Yea. I try it by myself.

Skill description:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 defragz

defragz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts
  • defragz
  • DN, Westwood
  • onigiri

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:27 AM

I see. I guess in order for us to make use of our passives, we'll have to do this:

1. Havoc Howl to gain +116% HP
2. Get hit, Crisis howl and DPS in that state to activate Toughness Damage buff for 20s and reduce CD of everything by 20%
3. Cast Iron skin then Howl Charging to get SA+protection bubble near Havoc Howl buff's end to continue tanking and damaging.

Any thoughts?

#43 fantasy001

fantasy001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

I have updated a few info.
feel free to look (:])
now i know why they say highlander is a skill for destroyer only (shame)

#44 AlyceEcyla

AlyceEcyla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:27 PM

Since you guys have the Crisis Howl CD plate, I would like to ask how effective it is?
Since I not used to the skill (didn't put sp in the skill in 80cap for pve) (T.T) Instead of stagger, I got knockdown or lift usually.

View Postdefragz, on 25 November 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

I see. I guess in order for us to make use of our passives, we'll have to do this:

1. Havoc Howl to gain +116% HP
2. Get hit, Crisis howl and DPS in that state to activate Toughness Damage buff for 20s and reduce CD of everything by 20%
3. Cast Iron skin then Howl Charging to get SA+protection bubble near Havoc Howl buff's end to continue tanking and damaging.

Any thoughts?
It seems Howl Charging protective shell grants high SA as well and Toughness damage buff lasts for 60 seconds.
I do cast Taunting Howl and Battle Howl occasionally for extra 20% damage.
The Crisis Howl part I can hardly master it. (:[)

#45 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:45 AM

View Postfantasy001, on 25 November 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

I have updated a few info.
feel free to look (:])
now i know why they say highlander is a skill for destroyer only (shame)
So it is confirmed.
God no wonder someone said its one of the best tanker other than Guardi.
GG Highlander bruh (clap)

#46 XianRx

XianRx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1188 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • i wonder why i still login everyday....

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

any good build for Destroyer after u all tried level 90?

i haven reach 90 yet...

but here's my future build.. (with skill ring)

https://dnss-kr.hero...--0---0--00--00

#47 pitwan

pitwan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • pitwan
  • DN, Springwood
  • AuthorityOfMarshall

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

yeah looking for skill build also for comparing...im a newborn merc..i know nuthing (:])

#48 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:43 PM

https://dnss-sea.her...---0--00--00---
This is my build for a while. Its a Hybrid Build.
I tried ABN hc without any problem as Destro.
Flying Swing Damage isnt that usefull
Punishing Swing also one of top DPS Skill, but somehow the elemental effect seems bugged,including the provoke
Soccer Bomb Seems good especially with ring but i prefer it to 11. For the sakes of PvE put it 15+1.
Even though Havoc gave alot of damage boost each time it raise, the dps is just bad and the channeling is awful. I also recommend it to put on 1 Instead 4 if you're going pure PvE
Rolling Attack. I capped it to 11. But you're always welcome to put it 13
Cyclone Lv 1. The channeling isnt helpfull in nest and i only take it for PvP.

Some problem i got.
1. Whirlwind damage is just awful if i put it to 1. If you're reducing the Flying swing (13 secs) or Punishing Swing (10 sec) it will only worsened the DPS somehow.
2. Dash Blow and Soccer Kick Combo. If you're not into pvp, i am not really recommend taking this skill.
3. Devi Lvl 4 because 1v1 Ladder or Tournament
4. Rising Slash isnt taken because in PvE it will only length the damage if its put to 6. If the build is PVP preffred better take circle break and rising slash to 6.
5. Mental Mastery and Mind Conqueror. Is also hard. I tried the abn hc b4, well i didnt die like i said but the problem i am out of mana even using both lv 4 and that with saint in team.
6. Crisis howl is really usefull with Class Mastery II the problem is how to trigger it. I left leave it to 11 for now, might change later, but 1 cast after Howl Charging could let the HC CD up to 3-15 secs depends on how long the shield will remain.
7. Highlander cd somehow cannot be reseted with 20% or i didnt notice it yet due my hp didnt even halfed during the nest.

Then what i recommend is
1. Howl Charging CD Plate
2. Havoc Howl CD Plate
3. Gigantic Bomb Dmg Plate
4. Maelstorm CD Plate.
And thats it. Perfect already.

The dps is kinda neat, between my flurry its somehow 1 : 10.

#49 Yulian4y

Yulian4y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Asskick
  • DN, Springwood
  • ProjectX

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:46 PM

In this new T5 era, there are a lot of possiblity's of changing build more to personal style, at least in my case i dont really want to change the way of play (even tho vampire-leg breaker mode is gone). For now will use this build until i find a better one.
http://i.imgur.com/e38gBmv.png
Circle break lv6 - still a good iframe/dodge ability for stomps and escaping skill.
Crisis howl lv1 - using this skill request more knowedge about the nest/place u are doing -not really hard to trigger it, so if are experienced player u can abuse it easily... tho i can't efford to waste points atm to lower the CD just 1sec each level (using 1 skill plate helps too)
Main dps skills would be like always - the 5 brothers eg: WW/Rolling attack/Circle swing(which got boosted almost as WW dmg)/Circle bomb/Punishing swing... sad side that no more Circle break due to SP
Flying Swing lv1 - leave it to 1, or get up to 6-11 and lower some other main dmg dealing skill, but i still prefer using it for tanking stuff. Range/Casting animation is not good as other 5 core ones. What is the worst is that it shares CD with the original EX, so u gotta use carefully Circle bomb.
Typhoon lv2 - simple bcs of PvP and some easy clear for dungeon/other contents - the dmg is just great, trigger your passives for dmg/add dmg increase and brainwash the enemy with MH + Typhoon combo.
Some skill that i added for myself that u can take out points to invest on Devi howl if you want: Dash kick/combo/Blow.
It's still personal playstyle, its more like hybrid build.

P.S. Can test it myself way better after 1-2 month, right now will stay like this.

Plates as before:
Howl Charging CD Plate
Havoc Howl CD Plate
Iron skin CD
Maelstorm CD Plate.

Edited by Yulian4y, 26 November 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#50 AlyceEcyla

AlyceEcyla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:40 PM

Anyone having mp issue in nest?

#51 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:21 AM

View PostAlyceEcyla, on 26 November 2015 - 11:40 PM, said:

Anyone having mp issue in nest?
Alot.
Due almost spamming all EX skill that have low cd.

#52 error401

error401

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • exxtrarice
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Servinity

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:56 AM

Me too, I remember doing manticore nest abyss yesterday and crap, I always ran out of mp every boss. Result? It took me 48 minutes to finish the entire nest (T.T) . It might also be due to my crappy gears and mediocre dps though.

Btw guys, is it worth it to invest sp on flying swing? I just thought of utilizing the ex and instant fully so i tried investing some sp on it.

#53 fantasy001

fantasy001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:20 PM

MP issues will always be there on every character
cuz dev wants you to buy the exclusive MP enhancement potion from their store (:>)

anyway, build wise I can't contribute much since I'm a pure build Destroyer, but I found out that Destroyer's playing could become similar with Guardian though (the usage of both holy kick and sweeping kick)
so basically that if we don't know how the monster will attack and which attack will trigger staggering animation, we can just spam right click without iron skin buff to try to get crisis howl activate while under attack.
Raising sweeping kick to lv11 would be good since there is no MP cost and recovering MP at the same time while DPS-ing with kicks. This method is for people who are not sure on how to activate crisis howl, haven't test it myself but can be considered (:])

I have updated a little info and my own speculation on Crisis Howl.
I hope I can get a good video of it though

#54 Sewayne

Sewayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

Can anyone tell me if the new Howl Charging is useful in PVP?

#55 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:00 PM

Is it true that Highlander is immune from buff clear/one hit ko mechanics?
If so it is definitely great for RDN 3rd boss fire breath in case you didn't kick the seeds fast enough.

Edit:
I've also been thinking about using my free Job Change scroll from level 90 box and change my barbarian to a destroyer, and if I don't like it i can just change it back.

Edited by Innocentuz, 28 November 2015 - 07:01 PM.

#56 XianRx

XianRx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1188 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • i wonder why i still login everyday....

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostInnocentuz, on 28 November 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

If so it is definitely great for RDN 3rd boss fire breath in case you didn't kick the seeds fast enough.

Edit:
I've also been thinking about using my free Job Change scroll from level 90 box and change my barbarian to a destroyer, and if I don't like it i can just change it back.

Sadly, its self-buff... (T.T)

#57 eMKas

eMKas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:52 PM

Hi! I recently change my glad to a destro..i felt so weak and when i saw his damage my face is like O_O wtf..
I already have a Barb so  choose destro for a change.
I run a dungeon raid with destro and yeah he CAN tank, he CAN't be killed and his mana pool is a problem.
I use this skill build on the dungeon http://dnss.herokuap...---0--00--00---
Please rate it pure pve and i always play ALONE
Skill plate
Havoc howl 20%cd plate
Crisis howl 20%cd plate
Maelstrom howl 20%cd plate
Charging howl 20%cd plate

Edited by eMKas, 29 November 2015 - 04:11 AM.

#58 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:30 PM

View PostSewayne, on 28 November 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Can anyone tell me if the new Howl Charging is useful in PVP?
Seems the same as Guardian Force.
I miss the old HC for PvP tho.

Compared the current destro vs old destro revamp, the old destro revamp could kick everyone easly because Breaking Point while the current destro only got Exclusive HC taken from Mercenary Trees.

Its kinda ironic how i love destro yet other my main were alot richer and well costumed with cc items compared to my destro..

#59 Sewayne

Sewayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:45 AM

aw Howl Charging only 2623 Health in PVP, I cry

#60 Sewayne

Sewayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:07 AM

View PostInnocentuz, on 28 November 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

Edit:
My highlander buff gets removed by monsters so many times (clap)