II. Skill build
V. Other useful readings
Hello everyone, this is zArAthena. Flurry is my favorite class. I main her ever since cap 80 when she get released in DN SEA, and still main her now. With her, I have a lot happy time while conquer RDN HC, IDN HC, and RuDN HC.
I am writing this guide to help flurry community. To help flurry player know and play there class better. To introduce and show DN players from other class what flurry are and what she can capable of. This topic also serve as discussing place for flurry community, if you have any information want to share, any question want to ask, feel free to post it here.
You can also reach me ingame through mail/pm to IGN: zArAthena. Server: HW/SW.
Thank you, hope this guide can help you somehow.
Flurry is a melee DPS class, very agile and good damage dealer. Her party buff (share with Sting breezer) is Harmonize which increase 15% movement and attack speed. Many people will love this buff.
Even though flurry does not get awakening yet, her DPS still very good. At this time (May, 2017), flurry DPS about 20% weaker than those at the top (ML, DA, Adept). She still can out-dps many awakened class out there and on-par with many other class.
She is quite easy to play now and newbie friendly. However to reach full DPS potential is still hard. Her playstyle resolve around using various skills to trigger [Vulnerable] debuff and use Spinning skewer whenever you see [Vulnerable] appear. Flurry has two main DPS skill: Spinning cut and Spinning skewer. How well flurry DPS is depend on how well you can use these two skills:
- Spinning Cut: must use every time it off cd. Must right click at the right moment to achieve Enhanced Spinning Cut -ESC (if you see the red slash, mean you do it right. If you see green slash, mean it is wrong). At this time, the window period to trigger ESC is longer than before. Therefore it is much easier to get ESC compare to the time it first introduced.
- Spinning skewer: must use every time you see [Vulnerable] appear, do not miss.
Key revamp points:
Here are key points about flurry revamp. New player starting after revamp can ignore this part.
- Erratic power: FD buff decrease from 65% > 20%, Attack and movement speed decrease 17% > 10%.
However, Fatigue do not generate over time anymore. It only generate when using skill. And max Fatigue now is 30.
- Scar maker: field duration change to 15s. Attack buff decrease 50% > 10%
- Will maker: aside from old function, Will maker will remove all Fatigue when casting. This make Fatigue management very easy now. Just cast every skill you want, and cast Will maker once for a while to remove Fatigue.
Those change to EP and Scar maker seem nerf Flurry but don't worry. We get a big boost in other skill to compensate for it. And the best part is Flurry is quite easy to use now, much less hassle like before.
- Vulnerable debuff duration decrease from 5 > 2.5s. But with the improve animation of Spinning skewer, 2.5s is more than enough.
- Spinning skewer have less damage now (due to reduce buff from EP and Scar maker). But cd only 2s, and have much better animation (no jump back part). So you can use it more and less chance get miss. Overall damage is not really decrease much
- Rough sweep Ex and Ins do not share cd. Rough sweep lower cd (32s> 18s), increase damage, make it much better than before.
- Here is the table comparing skill damage before and after revamp.
Because the revamped Flurry have less FD buff. She less suffer from diminishing return when stack FD now. That make building FD for flurry very worthy now.
FD flurry gain more damage than non-FD with this revamp. But in any FD value, flurry still get a decent boost.
II. Skill build
Core build: these are essential skill which I think everyone should take it.
The rest of SP, you can spend according to your preference.
This is my skill build:
I put a lot SP in Hornet touch to reduce it cd. Hornet touch is quite a good skill to block boss attack and gain 5 Energy. That good for now. However, in cap 95, we will need to leveling Deep Pierce as high as possible. So you can leave Hornet touch at lv 1 now, and save SP for cap 95.
Get all utility skills: Counter spin, Flee, Aerial Evasion, Harmonize, Hornet touch, Swoop, max Physical Mastery, mental mastery and mind conquer.
After all those utilities, you can dump the rest sp in any skill you like to make it 45 sp so we can learn ulti skill on piercer tree?
I choose hornet touch because it can deal decent dmg, can block incoming boss attack and more important, will gain 5 Energy if you successful block boss attack. But this is not so important, free free to choose any other skill to level which fit your preference.
This skill is flurry main DPS skill. So pay attention to it.
[Vulnerable] status/debuff: Spinning skewer will increase 2500% more damage (become 7950%) when hit target with [Vulnerable] status. Target under [Vulnerable] also get -5% defense debuff.
How to make target [Vulnerable]?
Hitting target by using any skill, you will have 5% chance to make that target [Vulnerable]. Notice that this 5% is per hit, so if you use multi-hit skill, you will have higher change to get [Vulnerable]. Moreover, anyskill will do, even lancea tree (deep pierce, headbutt, ...) or SB side skill (Hovering blade, Piercing Spike,...) can trigger [Vulnerable]
Good skill to get [Vulnerable]: Rough sweep, lolipop chups, stab screw, spinning swing.
Moreover, Fling sky and Enhanced Spinning Skewer (see below for more detail) will induce [Vulnerable] at 100% rate. So be ready to use Spinning skewer after using these two skills.
Enhanced Spinning Skewer. When energy reach 20, Spinning Skewer become Enhanced Spinning Skewer -ESS(yellow icon). ESS will have the same damage as Spinning skewer on [Vulnerable], but do not require [Vulnerable]. So you can use ESS even on non-[Vulnerable] target. Moreover, any target get hit by ESS will get [Vulnerable] debuff (100%). So you can use Spinning Skewer one more time. ESS do not share cd with SS
- Can get +1 neck for this skill.
- Can get +1 Skill Up plate
- Must have +dmg plate.
This skill has good damage (8864%) and many hits to trigger weak points. Depend on situation, you can left click to trigger the final hits earlier (weaker than automatic trigger).
Rough Sweep Ins:
Damge is strong now (8284%). No long share cd with Ex version and with Rushing blade only has 10.5s cd at max level, we can spam RS Ins a lot.
- Can get +1 neck for this skill.
- Must have +dmg plate.
Flurry dps skill summary
On buff: harmonize, EP before battle
Rotation: open Scar maker before combo
Shutter bounce > stab screw > (Enhanced) SC > Rough sweep > RS Ins> Lollipop chups. And skewer when Vulnerability proc. Use Spinning swing when all above skill on cd.
-When Energy reach 20, press the button for Spinning Skewer 2 times, to use ESS > SS.
-Should spam Spinning skewer and other low cd skill on idle time (waiting for mechanics, waiting for boss,..) to gain Energy.
Both Hornet touch and Spinning skewer can cancel any other skill on ground.
- Hornet touch: when see boss attack incoming, you can active it (by hot key for hornet touch or by press space bar while using other skill) to block that attack and gain 5 Energy.
- Spinning Skewer: while using Rough Sweep or Spinning swing, you see [Vulnerable], you can directly press Spinning skewer to cancel other skill and immediate using it.
-Shutter bounce casting time is quite long and you may get hit while casting it. The debuff will apply after the first hit. You can immediately use skewer right after the first hit to cancel the rest animation and still apply debuff on boss.
Key stat cap 90 (For IDN)
100% FD - 6367
90% Critical - 213192
85% Def - 140944
Key stat cap 93
100% FD - 8333
90% Critical - 326888
85% Def - 198670
Max crit damage - 832524 (Noted: unlike other stat Crit damage based on your level, not monster. So if you want max crit dmg in IDN, you will need 832524)
Weapon and armor:
RuDN L > IDN L > RuDN Unique > Epic 93
- The best gear now is Legend Rune Dragon Net Set.
- (Evol) IDN L is 2nd best. Cheaper and much easier to get than RuDN L.
- RuDN Unique weaker than IDN L a bit but much cheaper. It has potential to be reuse in cap 95.
- Epic 93: you can get it simply by doing Growth guide
Note: DO NOT use RDN L Set anymore, it is obsolete already.
New player can start with Epic 93 set and slowly change to RuDN Unique, do not bother with RDN L anymore. IDN L seem not a good investment either. Average player should just save gold and use RuDN unique.
- Best for now is Genesis neck.
- More affordable option is skill neck Spinning Skewer + 1, max str type.
- Rune L neck STR is good too.
There are some options:
- Genesis earring: very expensive. Good for people who lack FD and crit damage.
- Abyss earring: good overall
- Unique skill earring (+1 Spinning cut): cheap and powerful. Best choice if you can get ESC almost 100% and your Spinning cut have high % on skill detail of DPS meter.
- Another option can be Rune L earring with STR type.
- Best is dual Genesis ring.
- Alternative option is dual skill ring: Spinning cut +1 and Rough sweep +1.
- Rune L ring with patk type is good also
- Must have 5 plates for maximize dps: Bear, Destruction, Fatal, Wind, Ultimate
- Choose the rest 3 plates from this 4: Health, Life, Iron wall, Tent.
- If you have 3 slot plate extension, can consider more option: Attack, Limitation, concentration.
3rd stat plate: there are 4 option: FD, crit, STR, PATK.
- FD is the best for those who can afford.
- Crit. So crit plate is also a good option in case you lack crit.
- Usually debate is we should invest in STR or PATK to increse our damage. With 50% STR from Class mastery, STR is superior than PATK.
- Spinning Cut dmg/cd. Theoretically, cd plate offer higher dps, but it require using every time Spinning cut off cd. So in practice dmg plate may better. But if you are FD flurry, cd plate is the only choice due to diminishing return.
- Rough Sweep dmg.
- Spining Skewer dmg.
- Spinning Swing Action speed.
Talisman: pretty much the same with enhancement Plate
2nd Talisman: only 2 choice:
- FD: for average FD stacker (Super rich people don't use FD talisman ^^) .
- Str: with 50% STR from Class mastery, 2nd STR taliman is superior than PATK.
Jade 90: bear jade on armor/neck/ear, destruction jade (neutral) or Elemental jade (ECJ user) on weapon/ring (neutral). Usually, you choose additional stat is hp. If you prefer more dps and can survive with low hp, you can go with additional stat crit and critical damage.
Jade 80: Armor: Bear + vit jade, weapon: Bear+Destruction/Elemental jade. Neck/ear: bear jade, ring destruction or dark jade. You can swap some vit jade with wind jade to gain more crit and damage if you can survive with low hp. Switching bear jade for wind jade is not recommend now
V. Other useful readings
1/ Detailed flurry skill coefs:
2/ Cap 90 gear:
Special thanks to:
- Sieg - Freedom
- 1/12/2015: replace 2 skill board damage table. Add some minor detail at Flurry tree and skill plate choice, mirror correct skill rotation.
- 3/12/2015: added Dark ECJ vs Pure Patk, in the following post.
- 29/1/2016: updated gear section and Dark ECJ vs Pure Patk section in the following post
- 12/06/2016: update with Flurry revamp.
- 30/09/2016: update skill build and item choice to cap 93.
- 26/05/2017: add about me, update some skill explain, skill build and newer gear in late cap 93
Edited by FirePhoenix, 12 July 2017 - 12:51 AM.