In this post, I will do some analysis about this problem. Notice that, this analysis can also apply to other class using ECJ.
Firstly, how our dmg is calculated. In a simplifed form:
Dmg = (ATK * Skill board dmg %) * (1 + ele attack %) * (1 - ele resist %)
Here we want to compare between different gears, we can obmit skill board dmg part.
Dmg = ATK * (1 + ele attack %) * (1 - ele resist %)
I will compare among 3 set up:
Gear 1: neck and earring tough. Dark ECJ
Gear 2: neck Skewer, earring tough. Dark ECJ
Gear 3: Neck and earring skill, Non ECJ.
Here is snapshot of my stat in those setup
Using above damage formular for these 3 gear, we have:
For detail boss dark resist in nest, you can check here.
- Dual tough (Gear1) vs. Neck Skewer + earring tough (Gear2)
Gear1 have 4% dmg output more than Gear2.
However using neck skewer make this skill from: 1455% > 1656% ~ 13.8% increase. Skewer is our main source of DPS, so Gear2 will better Gear1 when flurry want go Dark ECJ.
- At 0% ele resist. Dark ECJ is much better than Pure ATK.
- In RDN, most boss have 15% dark resist, some have 0% dark resist.
At 15% resist, dark ECJ is slight weaker. But after apply debuff and for some boss have 0% dark resist, Dark is much stronger. So overall, Dark ECJ is better for RDN.
- In Nest 90, boss have 30% dark resist.
At 30% dark resist, Dark ECJ is much weaker.
In party we can lower dark resist to 10%, in this case, Dark ECJ with 2 tough has higher dmg output, but with 1 tough is almost the same.
My conclusion for Dark ECJ in nest 90 is:
- For flurry, don't bother.
- For other Dark ECJ class using 2 tough, you can use Dark ECJ if you can sync well with - Ele resist debuff. But the increment is small, and it not consider effect of +1skill on neck/ear. So it up to your choice.
Edited by FirePhoenix, 05 December 2015 - 04:12 PM.