[T5/3R Guide] Guardians - That Others May Live [Pve Pure Support / Hp-Stacking Guardian] - Now With Video Evidence Of Gf Being Fixed

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#1 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:09 PM

Please note that the information in this post is only updated when there are major changes to the Guardian class. The last major update to this post was for the Awakening patch, therefore this first post is rather up-to-date as of right now.

The latest skill build and other information can be found in the later pages of this thread. Please note that I have been and will be constantly posting new skill builds long before the updates even hit the SEA servers, along with other helpful information regarding the Guardian class. I have not abandoned and do not plan to abandon this guide for a very long time. Although my style of posting the latest skill builds and information in new posts rather than immediately updating this initial post may be unusual to some, I do so in order to avoid clutter and confusion in this already-lengthy initial post. That is simply how my guide works.

With that being said, please back-read from the last page until you find the latest skill build / information before resorting to the contents of this initial post.

Posted Image

Saint Haven Special Forces (SHSF)

Credits to the United States Air Force Pararescue for the original image.

"These things we do...  

That others may live."

Section I. The Purpose of this Guide

Spoiler

Section II. About Pure Support / HP Build

Spoiler

Section III. So you want to join the Guardians...

Spoiler

Section IV. The Item Build

Spoiler

Section V. The Skill Build

Spoiler

Section VI. Guardian Technical Training School (GTTS)

Spoiler

Section VII. On the topic of specific boss strategies

Spoiler

Section VIII. Credits

Spoiler

Edited by Riuga, 02 December 2016 - 01:04 AM.

#2 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:10 PM

Reserved.

Apologies for any errors / typos and the like; I was rushing the proof-reading a bit as I have RDN in half an hour.

I'll try and get back to your feedback in 4-5 hours.

Back from RDN; will add bits to this guide over time, and I'm listening to your feedback. 28:55 clear time without ROB's making me excited for HC.

Edited by Riuga, 10 December 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#3 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

+1 very helpful (:])  keep up the good work! Hope this gets pinned ASAP

#4 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:13 PM

Completely forgot a section for how to provoke. Give me some time to write up on that.

#5 Hazu

Hazu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1131 posts
  • Hazu04
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gryffinclaw

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

Nice! I've been looking for a skill build guide. +1 to this! (:])

#6 Novissimum

Novissimum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1755 posts
  • Scampai

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:27 AM

pls rename thread to

Guardians of the Galaxy

if u may.

#7 Hazu

Hazu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1131 posts
  • Hazu04
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gryffinclaw

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:04 PM

I kinda miss Jouluzz when it comes to guardian skills. He's the only fellow guardian I know around here. Anyways, bumps! (:])

#8 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:10 PM

Updated Kick v. Hammering sections, and added a %Attk Power vs Light explanation section for Kick.

#9 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3819 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

Hi Riuga.

Just wanna ask if the Barrier is based on the caster's max HP, accounting for the buffs (assuming GF is fixed).

#10 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

View PostRiuga, on 10 December 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Updated Kick v. Hammering sections, and added a %Attk Power vs Light explanation section for Kick.

My dream of replacing Div.Asc, JC, Smite and HR with HTK>HK combo is forever shattered. (T.T) (T.T) (T.T) (sob) (sob) (sob)

if only Holy Kick is Light Attribute, it would make my life a lot brighter.

Edited by huisen, 10 December 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#11 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:19 PM

View Postrikolero, on 10 December 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

Hi Riuga.

Just wanna ask if the Barrier is based on the caster's max HP, accounting for the buffs (assuming GF is fixed).

The only real evidence I have of this so far is the way that heals behave. We all know that the %heal skills heal more when buffed by AoR and / or DA. The thing in common with heals and GF is that they both determine what a certain percentage of a person's HP is before applying the skill's effect (as in, convert "30% of caster's HP" into a solid number such as 900k or whatever). We know that heals are affected by HP buffs, and so assuming Eydentity copy and pastes the same formula from heal skills to GF, we have our logical conclusion. I can't guarantee that it works the same way as heals do, however I believe they made the formula consistent between the two skills as the intended effect is the same (convert a percentage of HP to a solid number). From a programming standpoint, they should be doing that, as it saves time by copy-and-pasting the formula, and avoids confusion in the long run. I don't know if this is worth testing out in order to have a completely solid answer, but until some real facts are pulled in, I only have this logical conclusion to offer.

As for whether or not it is based on the user's max HP instead of current HP in the first place, I'm pretty convinced that it is. There have been multiple times in RDN when one or more my members have gone below 35% HP and managed to tank Tacitus' full blown final stomp (final part of his deadly quadruple combo) with 10% ~ 15% HP left due to GF. I know for a fact that it does around 40-45% worth of damage to one of our DPS without GF.

I have no idea how it will behave after it is fixed, as not even KR has fixed it, so none of us have experienced the fixed version yet... I'm always open to the possibility that Eyedentity might screw with the HP formula while "fixing", knowing them.

Edited by Riuga, 10 December 2015 - 09:27 PM.

#12 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3819 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

I see. Because I'm thinking that the maximum HP the barrier can get is having the Guardian cast DA and AR. Same goes for Destroyers; they should cast Havoc Howl first before casting Howl Charging.

#13 eccentricity

eccentricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • TipsySUE
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gryffinclaw

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:15 PM

hey nice guide! i'm a new guardian and this will definitely help me

#14 69FTW

69FTW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:01 PM

Nvm

Edited by 69FTW, 14 December 2015 - 09:12 PM.

#15 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

Thats a very nice guide br= I used 47 Secs SoF so i could spam the GF + Divine during stage 1,2,4,5 when rushing. no idea why some people still neglected the power of SOF XD

My tips when playing Guard in RDN run were :
Stage 1 RDN
- Only Cast SoF Once if the pt got enough DPS or 2 Depends on your SoF Leve since i maxed it + plate.
- While giving alot of GF during the game try to tank alot of fire like bite/firedashcharge/slapthentail/etc . Then Fire Dash/Charge one give alot of bubble.
- During bridge sometimes if the pt dps went too good theres still SoF buff about 10-20 secs. Mostly i try to use conviction aura which help me during crossing, abit too much practice i guess
- JC + Using it during stomp also works if I am below to ensure HIT to add 20% damage debuff
Stage 2
- SoF is my main here since boss is very predictable so mostly after using gf and getting agro i use Divine Ascension
- During Mechanics when doubting the party dps try to use Divine Ascension to check all Minion Hp and use Attack command to finish the mechanics
- Use GF as soon as possible after escaping spacebar mechanics
- Mostly the easiest stage for guard
Stage 3
- While some skill is debuff removing skill only branched carped/spear/phsycal attack is recommended to block since other will likely to move buff.
- Mostly i like to try corner the boss if i were rushing especially after the stone count by spamming GF/Provoke/Break/JC
- if cornering the boss work party could go full dps without getting worried hit/tail in side
- Use divine punishment during mechanics to help movement speed
- Sometimes its also recommended to use GF in HP Mecs and Stomp mechanics.
Stage 4
- Since the pt will stand in the same place after using gf i mostly keep the pt status in check, Also if you want tank some laser/bullet/redorb/etc depends you want to tank to get some bubble if your pt could dodge well or didnt have problem tanking to use Divine Ascension
- During Red orbs mechanics its recommended to use GF as soon as possible if the player marked without any friends in front of behind below 2x hp. Use shield or remaining SoF buff (:>) .
Stage 5
- The easiest place to gain Agro is here the main problem is how you keep your bubble filled while maintaining the party Guardian Force
- While mostly people will never use Divine Ascension including me because will be focused gaining bubble + gf in front of it.
- If managed to dodge during "Evade" use Guardian Force asap
- Most of bubble obtained likely 1-3 depends on skill casted by samurai man
- The best place to provoke if the pt wanted to rush on side but risky if they couldnt dodge well also it will make bubble harder to gain.
- While middle is the best place to gain bubble, its also a place to cast GF especially during the blinking attack
- To keep pt life when he cast the ground thing with volcano? I likely to spam gf especially carrying some unexperienced people since they'll be likely fail to jump and the last one to be safe cast GF once and rush into his using JC.
- Last bar is up to player if could attempt to maintain 10 + 10 Bubble or 10 Available bubble + SoF CD is already off during Rape room.
Dragon Phase 1 since i'll skip bdn one
~ Things to note in bdn that never use conviction aura if you planning to take one.
~ Guardian force all they way
~ JC isnt recommended to block stomp, just use block
~ Bubble obtaining is the same as Red Dragon but easier so if bubble available or too much just use DA
- Bubble can be only obtained by Poison breath bomb and claw. Not stomp since i'vent tried yet and risky.
- It is also recommended to spam gf each spacebar mechanics and when it dive so the curse wont knock people
- Idk how to DPS here your choice is Smite/Thor hammer not recommended to use DA if the pt is rushing for their safety during dps
- Since i dont have rare wings i use conviction aura here and elemental during dps test (oo;)
Dragon Phase 2-3
- It cannot be helped since idk which position is good for guard
~ They cannot be separated with DPS
~ Bite is really easly to block but if pecks it will cause a hp burn and if you facing him it might cause some problem to dps because GF range isnt that far
~ Even tho claw position is quite good its also recommended to around its head while pt is front of claw instead going to side
~ But then another problem is the dragon will keep turning its head towards you. Flagging while dps + GF so he wont peck/bite during that time is very crucial so none confused which claw to take left or right.
- And again i use conviction aura to rush spirit and change it to elemental, some spirit like krudelis that mostly recommended for guard to get aggro is easier to atain bubble than other spirit also dont forget to cast GF
- Sometimes i laughing alot when died during platform because of conviction aura i forgot to turned off or bad timing for Divine Avatar and yes i already survived another SoF jump + platform this time (cool) PT leader keep laughing me how the f i could even manage to do it since the tricks is using conviction aura but it is risky since the gap between platform is far compared to 1st stage.
- All stomp could be blocked as usual but not Barbatos stomp >.>
- Make sure to gather up soon each Rain Fire/Curse/Platform/etc and constantly use GF to ensure pt didnt die from stomp
- Do not
Thats all i guess?
Theres also bug i discovered
- During stage 2 krudelis if you choose to use GF during or before mechanics sometimes the colour even tho the gf isnt there/removed it will damage/colour bug. Seen it alot during rdn run and all of them is guardian (clap)
- I dont know how its happen but during dragon phase 3 i use like 3-5 buff i forgot what it is, the platform count me as 2 person instead of 1 (oo;) I am sure its a Divine Punishment/GF/Iron will or just a side bug caused by the gameitself

To be the truth i am not using guard since i am only piloting my brother acc
the equip only
- Festival w only 3 highgrade life vit 531/29531. 1.5m hp Other is 80 normal bear
- Some weak tier 60-80 heraldies w/o 3 Pots
- 70 Accessory (lol)
Yep no problem in surviving at all except damage it only have like 44k patk (sweat)
and my last run before limiting it was like carrying 6 people with only a Saint and Guard survived  because theres still 4 people still not familar in dragon phase
Also thanks for tzushock for some early guardian tips i mentioned above, and yep its already been a guard since 50 cap (glance)

Edited by XaelCry, 15 December 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#16 Joluuzz

Joluuzz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12372 posts
  • -Banned-
  • DN, Westwood
  • [Anderson Member]

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:59 AM

Can you add a section that caters to basics of provoke? In most Guardian Guides I've never really seen them discuss about the basics of using provoke like; duration, angle, and distance covered/

#17 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostJoluuzz, on 23 December 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Can you add a section that caters to basics of provoke? In most Guardian Guides I've never really seen them discuss about the basics of using provoke like; duration, angle, and distance covered/

For those who are wondering:

Yes, I've been writing on this provoke section.

I've been having excessive BSoDs for the past two weeks.

Sadly, the document got corrupt six days ago due to a BSoD with no backup. I've tried to recover it, however I conclude that it is beyond repair.

I've spent the past four days replacing my HDD, installing Windows on the new one, copying files over and fixing the few corrupt ones, and dealing with a few shenanigans with my ISP.

Now that it is possible, I'll try to rewrite this section, so I ask for your patience.

#18 huisen

huisen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • lZeftl
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:30 PM

bumpp~~~~~~

#19 Yorozuya

Yorozuya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • ChurchBull
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Sea Of Flame

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

heya all. i will be getting RH 3 days from now. Im thinking about making a character for RDN and im looking for a non dps one since i dont have the money to gear a dps character. For now, Im looking at Guardian. is guard a must for an RDN party? i want it to be a "must" because im just looking for perma pt from other guilds.

#20 Joluuzz

Joluuzz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12372 posts
  • -Banned-
  • DN, Westwood
  • [Anderson Member]

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostYorozuya, on 08 January 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

heya all. i will be getting RH 3 days from now. Im thinking about making a character for RDN and im looking for a non dps one since i dont have the money to gear a dps character. For now, Im looking at Guardian. is guard a must for an RDN party? i want it to be a "must" because im just looking for perma pt from other guilds.

It's not must but still highly recommended.