[Guide] Shadow Skills: A Chaser Class' Secret Manual (Last Update 10/18/2016 - 93 Cap & Awakening)

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 redmamyba

redmamyba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:28 PM

for ravens what are the skill progression and can u link me if there is to how to get starting 90 gaers to max
should i ups all the items that i get from the 90 gears?
im currently 90

#42 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

What do you mean skill progression? If you mean skill build, I have already included a "CORE SKILL TREE" for both Raven and Ripper in the guide. The rest of the points are optional and you could pretty much dump them on whatever skill you like or use often. I have a whole section on SKILL ANALYSIS for that matter if you don't know what skills to dump your excess points.

As for gear. I did not touch on it anymore in the guide because they are pretty self explanatory/straightforward:
-get whatever strongest gear you can acquire, if you can get legend grades, the better. Upgrade weapons first before armors, as high as your money allows you.
-priority stat for jades is AGI until you reach crit cap (89%) then you can invest in STR for some crit damage. Include some VIT for survival depending on how well you play / how safe you want to be. Upgrade jades as you can afford.
-priority element is FIre (Ripper) or Dark (Raven)

Edited by galeweaver, 24 June 2016 - 08:44 PM.

#43 Kanluran

Kanluran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4659 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

would it be better to use lvl 80 unique accs w/ 4.77% dark atk and lvl 80 high grade dark jade VS destruction cauda w/ +10 dark jades for raven?

1 more question. assuming a raven already has 100% dark atk with the new costumes released is it better for a raven to replace one of his tough accs for a much better one with nice stats boost or is it better to stick with it?

#44 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:21 AM

I don't think there is a cap to element attack so I'd stick with dark% unless your crit is severely lacking (<80% crit chance). Unique accessories are fine as you really want that dark%.

#45 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2883 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

Nice guide.

Btw for iframes, I think when Rippers summon ashes after Shift Blow / Izuna Drop / Artful Chaser, there is an iframe too? It's not a freely available iframe like the others, but I guess those could be mentioned too?

#46 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

View Postzuyi, on 18 August 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

Nice guide.

Btw for iframes, I think when Rippers summon ashes after Shift Blow / Izuna Drop / Artful Chaser, there is an iframe too? It's not a freely available iframe like the others, but I guess those could be mentioned too?

You are correct, the summoning animation comes with an extra iframe. I didn't include it anymore since as you said, it's not freely accessible and more of a conditional iframe and you are encouraged to spam damage (hence the iframe part is forgotten), in PVE. This function is more useful from a PVP standpoint so you can utilize the iframe function with proper skill pacing.

I may add it in the future when I revamp the guide (again) for the 93 cap as I plan for another overhaul for better visibility (like separating Raven and Ripper sections etc.)

Edited by galeweaver, 19 August 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#47 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:02 PM

Major update and revamp to the guide to accommodate 93 cap along with changes in formatting and guide layout. No PVP update yet as I have to gain more experience vs various classes to really see where chasers are currently.

Happy Reading
Do point out mistakes if you found any so I can correct it (:])

Edited by galeweaver, 18 October 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#48 Verbena

Verbena

• 807 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

Pinned

#49 Zatouichi

Zatouichi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:16 PM

Sir, can u send me a picture of your Hotkey for PvE Raven

#50 Zatouichi

Zatouichi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:37 PM

Hello sir , can you give me some tips or a pic of your Hotkey for PVE Raven?

#51 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostZatouichi, on 31 October 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

Hello sir , can you give me some tips or a pic of your Hotkey for PVE Raven?

You can go with whatever  is comfortable to you. Also you should definitely configure the skill keys to something closer to your WASD key for easier use.

this is what mine looks like. I have certain keys generally reserved for certain types of action for all my characters so I better remember them (eg. E for a lift skill, Z for a chase-type skill)

Posted Image

#52 Unlucky

Unlucky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:40 PM

Hi I'm a PVE Raven player, can you explain how Fade works? For example I have 3000 FD, does it make my FD 3900 (3000*1.3) or does it increase the damage caused by my FD? - a bit of a newbie raven (:&gt;)

#53 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostUnlucky, on 19 November 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

Hi I'm a PVE Raven player, can you explain how Fade works? For example I have 3000 FD, does it make my FD 3900 (3000*1.3) or does it increase the damage caused by my FD? - a bit of a newbie raven (:&gt;)

Fade increases your FD by a fixed rate (not seen in the status window), Just treat is as a booster to your total damage output by 30% within its duration.

#54 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:53 PM

View PostUnlucky, on 19 November 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

Add 30% to your total fd amount. Like if you cap fd 90, fade makes you deal 130% damage. Without, 100%.

#55 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6816 posts
  • VengefulOne
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

Can anyone share their BTG stats and DPS on Raven?

#56 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2883 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

View PostSorceressHater, on 18 December 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

Can anyone share their BTG stats and DPS on Raven?

This was quite a while ago but it's the last time I went to BTG.

IIRC the town stats were around 242k PAtk, 101% Dark, 229% Crit Dmg, 6.4k FD and 89% Crit

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit -

Additional Damage being 1st or 2nd depends on your total effective damage, it can be 2nd as well, though it shouldn't go below that imo.

edit 2 -

I remember why I went there, was trying to show my friend the difference in DPS between single hit Applause and double hit Applause, here's the DPS with less double hits:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was looking at the first details and I realized gonna get judged hard for having Punishment in 9th place LOL

Edited by zuyi, 18 December 2016 - 11:48 PM.

#57 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6816 posts
  • VengefulOne
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:21 AM

Thanks zuzu, how often were you able to trigger double rake exi?
For some reason, in BTG I'm only able to do it twice or thrice per golem.
When I wait for it to cooldown so I can cast double, my DPS went down by 2-3m so I'm confused. (sorry)

Edited by SorceressHater, 19 December 2016 - 06:23 AM.

#58 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2883 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:31 AM

View PostSorceressHater, on 19 December 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

Thanks zuzu, how often were you able to trigger double rake exi?
For some reason, in BTG I'm only able to do it twice or thrice per golem.
When I wait for it to cooldown so I can cast double, my DPS went down by 2-3m so I'm confused. (sorry)

Imo double raking every 12s or using it every 6s gives the same DPS for Rake EXi. I use it every 6s in BTG/not very mobile bosses (IDN s1/s3) because using all the 3 short CD skills whenever they're available (Rake EXi / OE / RD) is what keeps the combo going and helps me manage my skill cooldowns. So I just double EXi on the first cast of a rotation.

edit -

The reason I like to "keep my combo going" on Raven is because the skill cooldowns are very similar to each other;

6s for Rake EXi and Open Edge

12s Rake
13s Applause

15s CDF and Umbra
16s Punishment

So usually what I aim to do on an active DPS rotation is to not have more than 1 Raven tree skill off cooldown at any given time, at most 2 (with the exception of Raindrop, as long as it isn't at 3 CTC). On first look at the skill bar it'd seem like we're running out of skills but that doesn't really happen as by the time one skill is used, another is available.

Though yes, in BTG and IDN s1 when the boss is spinning, there is enough time to cast Mortal Blow (if you have it) and one more filler skill (Shadow Hand / Shift Blow) if you have Harmo + WP.

This is my build for reference, I just gave up on all iframes as I never felt the need for them after playing Raven for a while. Their gameplay is a lot safer than Rippers imo. Tfw you say you gave up iframes to take Mortal Blow, then realise Mortal Blow is an iframe too...

Posted Image

P.S.: I should also add that with my ping I can't always double Rake EXi. Sometimes it won't deal damage even if I wait till almost the end of the EXi timeframe and cast it, muh 400 ping (sorry)

Edited by zuyi, 19 December 2016 - 07:55 AM.

#59 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6816 posts
  • VengefulOne
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:50 AM

Thanks thanks, I only managed to hit 59m max on these stats : 230k patk 89% dark 4.3k FD 81% crit only having ROB as the buff.

I can't hit that high again so I was wondering what I'm missing. (oo;) I can only reach 52m consistently.

#60 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2883 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:54 AM

View PostSorceressHater, on 19 December 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

Thanks thanks, I only managed to hit 59m max on these stats : 230k patk 89% dark 4.3k FD 81% crit only having ROB as the buff.

I can't hit that high again so I was wondering what I'm missing. (oo;) I can only reach 52m consistently.

From my experience, the fluctuations mainly occur from 2 things;
1) The positioning/total hits of Rake & Rake EXi
2) Amount of Applause double hits.

I used to delay casting my normal Rakes in favour of other skills sometimes, but it always makes it to the upper half of my Skill details, so I try to cast it more often.