[Guide] Shadow Skills: A Chaser Class' Secret Manual (Last Update 10/18/2016 - 93 Cap & Awakening)

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Lenxac, on 21 March 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Ah ok. I get it.. I know when i mean 100% FD is having 6.4kFD. I was confused on what fade boost u.. an extra +30%, or boost the FD value.
6.4k FD + fade gives u 8.32 FD (6.4*130/100) value or will it give u 6.4kFD with addition of extra 30%..

Ok i get it now.. thanks for answering

Remember that the FD number is only applicable in calculating 'Gear FD.' All other FD matters are additive as shown in the examples above. They are not 'interchangeable' as you described via the 8.32k FD example.

#82 You_Sir_Are_AWSM

You_Sir_Are_AWSM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

Xenocho, on 21 March 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Umbra CD/DMG
Pros: 1) Higher damage total (whether CD or DMG), increasing damage by 886% to 1,773% (approximately), especially if full hit/explosion on bosses
Cons: 1) Does Umbra actually deal very high damage in your skill distribution? 2) Does your Fade benefit Umbra's last hit usually? 3) Does the boss really get full damage?

Rain Drop CD
Pros 1) Reduces time for burst of 3 Rain Drops from 18s to 14.4s, 2) Rain Drop is a key DPS skill, so being able to use it more due to CD plate increases the output (if used off CD all the time, output increases by approx 25%)
Cons: 1) If you left it with 3 CTC most of the time, you aren't making the best use of CD plate, 2) CD reduction to 6s to 4.8s does not seem like a significant boost to the skill

This is a horrible pro and cons list

D: still cant choose tho this is my skill distribution (taken march 6). hmm i think next 2 run on idn ill be changing umbra plate then rain drop and check the difference later on. Thanks
Posted Image

#83 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

You_Sir_Are_AWSM, on 22 March 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

-shortened
Skills obtaining higher DPS percentages usually take priority for plates. Although small, Rain Drop looks to be the better option here. Umbra may be better if you find that you always have it on CD with few seconds remaining when you want to cast it, which should increase DPS, provided it deals full hits.

If not using those two plates, what are the plates of your choice at the moment?

#84 You_Sir_Are_AWSM

You_Sir_Are_AWSM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostXenocho, on 22 March 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Skills obtaining higher DPS percentages usually take priority for plates. Although small, Rain Drop looks to be the better option here. Umbra may be better if you find that you always have it on CD with few seconds remaining when you want to cast it, which should increase DPS, provided it deals full hits.

If not using those two plates, what are the plates of your choice at the moment?
Rake(Dmg),Fade(cd),Punishment(cd) the picture i i posted, im using Rain Drop CD thus giving me that raindrop dmg

Edited by You_Sir_Are_AWSM, 22 March 2017 - 12:15 PM.

#85 You_Sir_Are_AWSM

You_Sir_Are_AWSM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

So Tried using Umbra Cd Plate and got this but then i tried it with hc
Posted Image

Rain drop won. My explanation would be Rain drop gives me that safe to skill feeling and easy to land hits while umbra has that please don't run from my umbra AoE feel... Mind you both run i was luring the Dragon at the crystals phase. ill change back to Rain Drop now
Posted Image

Edited by You_Sir_Are_AWSM, 25 March 2017 - 09:01 AM.

#86 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:07 AM

It really is funny how umbra will be top when it's damage/cd is not as impressive as skills like rake and rain drop. You must have chose to cast umbra before the other skills first to have it top.

#87 You_Sir_Are_AWSM

You_Sir_Are_AWSM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, i am just so used at spamming Rain Drop & Rake now.

#88 LexisYaoi

LexisYaoi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • .Gotoh.
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NewDawn

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:31 AM

One question...

I managed to execute triple rake but seems that the second instant Rake is not doing damage, most of the time actually...

Did they fixed it or I'm doing something wrong? Note: only managed to do second instant Rake when I hit 3 Tiple Edge kunai.

If someone asked already something like this, sorry for asking again.

#89 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6988 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostLexisYaoi, on 31 March 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

One question...

I managed to execute triple rake but seems that the second instant Rake is not doing damage, most of the time actually...

Did they fixed it or I'm doing something wrong? Note: only managed to do second instant Rake when I hit 3 Tiple Edge kunai.

2 consecutive Rake EXis on the same target won't work, so use a fast casting skill in between them.
Most of the time though in my experience, the 2nd one still doesn't deal damage..

First Rake EXi -> Triple Edge -> Open Edge / 1 Rain Drop -> 2nd Rake EXi.

Edited by SorceressHater, 31 March 2017 - 06:58 AM.

#90 You_Sir_Are_AWSM

You_Sir_Are_AWSM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

View PostLexisYaoi, on 31 March 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

One question...

Do a normal attack to the boss and proceed to 2nd rake instant

#91 Azeshi

Azeshi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Eurobeat
  • DN, Westwood
  • None

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

But Smasher's Spectrum Shower EX and EXI breaks Izuna Drop EX iframe nowadays...

#92 Aiueo

Aiueo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:00 AM

well get sin's awakening last week this month or last week next month. so, will you guys replace some plates with CD for chain sickle's skills? well, i know it's kinda impossible to replace any plates tho.

Edited by Aiueo, 15 April 2017 - 10:00 AM.

#93 Kira9248

Kira9248

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • kira9281/Jamdagni81
  • DN, Holywood
  • MAHABHARAT

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Well they lower the cd of rain drop so if u had the cd plate of rain drop u can change it

#94 Aiueo

Aiueo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

View PostKira9248, on 15 April 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

Well they lower the cd of rain drop so if u had the cd plate of rain drop u can change it
cmiiw but it didn't appear on kdn latest patchnote and the dn skill sim (kdn) still have 6 sec cooldown for rain drop. But yeah, I'll switch my rain drop cd plate for something else if the cooldown got reduced

#95 Kira9248

Kira9248

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • kira9281/Jamdagni81
  • DN, Holywood
  • MAHABHARAT

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

I maybe wrong cause I read it on the notes Varun gokrum provided but it's still same on skill SIM so yeah I may be wrong

#96 Aiueo

Aiueo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

And now I'm replacing my rain drop plate to crow deadfall cd