Nateal's Guide On How Not To Suck As A Ripper [93 Cap Ripper Guide] [Last Updated January 17, 2017]

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 Nguyenpro2178

Nguyenpro2178

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:13 PM

Hi, well I'm kinda new to this class so I dont know which to choose between physical atk damage or fire damage ?
Physical atk damage seem to do well in both PVE and PVP.
But Fire damage also give me a reconsideration.
Would you mind explain and guide me what is the best for both PVE and PVP

#22 Dio

Dio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts
  • TsProArc / 27315zero
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:40 AM

for pvp hybrid build
maybe u should consider lower some skill in ripper tree for sp  and add it to burning coal
burning coal  will decrease cd when u lv it

Edited by Dio, 20 March 2016 - 08:27 AM.

#23 Nateal

Nateal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostNguyenpro2178, on 19 March 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

Hi, well I'm kinda new to this class so I dont know which to choose between physical atk damage or fire damage ?
Physical atk damage seem to do well in both PVE and PVP.
But Fire damage also give me a reconsideration.
Would you mind explain and guide me what is the best for both PVE and PVP

Depends on what kind of PvP you want to do. If you're doing rounds, KoF, Captain, etc. it doesn't really matter since it's comp on and equipments are disregarded. As for Ladder, Im not exactly sure. However, I do know that Fire jades, and all elem attack gained from items are removed in ladder, so there's that. With that said though, I haven't really tried using Dest jades there, so I can't really recommend it.

As for PvE, going fire jades would be best. As an elem class,going elem is always the best option for DPS. The difference between Dest jades and Fire jades might not be that big at first, but the higher your P.att becomes, the larger the difference will be.

So all in all, I would suggest that you go fire jades. Or you know, maybe you can just keep a bunch of dest jades and switch it every once in a while to experiment.

View PostDio, on 20 March 2016 - 04:40 AM, said:

for pvp hybrid build
maybe u should consider lower some skill in ripper tree for sp  and add it to burning coal
burning coal  will decrease cd when u lv it

You can do that if you'll be focusing solely on PvP. However, since my hybrid build is for PvE/PvP purposes, leveling up burning coal any higher is pretty dumb.

#24 SweetPhie

SweetPhie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:51 PM

sorry for the noob question. what is better kornu acce. or skill acce with fire attck? and is t ok to stack 100% without fd? will my damage still considerable? thanks

#25 Exassassin

Exassassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:37 PM

There is a few setups for accs you can go with Ripper. Skill earring with vit/fire+3 set rdnl ring and L grade gems on rings. Skill Earring, flame locust skill ring with kornu ring and kornu necklace. Or full skill accs, hard to say which one is best. All has their pros/cons.

Edited by Exassassin, 24 April 2016 - 06:37 PM.

#26 Nateal

Nateal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:05 PM

View PostSweetPhie, on 23 April 2016 - 11:51 PM, said:

sorry for the noob question. what is better kornu acce. or skill acce with fire attck? and is t ok to stack 100% without fd? will my damage still considerable? thanks

Kornu accs are a horrible idea for Rippers. The only time that you get those is when you're going for a Full FD build and is short by a couple hundred points. The same also goes for 3x RDNL accs.

I would suggest going for Coma accs(or Felis, since Coma is difficult to get) , or Skill accs w/ Fire Elem (Get the Shift Blow skill ring for the board damage spike). There's also L-grade rings with the P.att + Elem potentials, but those are way too expensive, but if you can get them then go for them. As for your Necklace, Definitely go for Skill Necklace with Agi, or at least a Healthy Cauda w/ P.att 3rd stat.

I would not suggest going for RDN rings, if anything only the STR/AGI RDN necklace is worth it.

Anyway, maybe you can try posting your current build here so I can give you better suggestions.

#27 SweetPhie

SweetPhie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:33 AM

View PostNateal, on 25 April 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

Kornu accs are a horrible idea for Rippers. The only time that you get those is when you're going for a Full FD build and is short by a couple hundred points. The same also goes for 3x RDNL accs.

I would suggest going for Coma accs(or Felis, since Coma is difficult to get) , or Skill accs w/ Fire Elem (Get the Shift Blow skill ring for the board damage spike). There's also L-grade rings with the P.att + Elem potentials, but those are way too expensive, but if you can get them then go for them. As for your Necklace, Definitely go for Skill Necklace with Agi, or at least a Healthy Cauda w/ P.att 3rd stat.

I would not suggest going for RDN rings, if anything only the STR/AGI RDN necklace is worth it.

Anyway, maybe you can try posting your current build here so I can give you better suggestions.

im on the process of making a ripper sir. :D, btw thanks for some information regarding on what acce i will use.
skill ring (shift blow)
L grade ring (p.attk+fire elem) if afford :D
skill earring (mortal blow)
skill neck with agi as you say sir.

my plan on getting acce.

lastly sir. so much better if i stack fire elem first than FD. and just change it as i progress in the game?

#28 Exassassin

Exassassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:50 PM

View PostNateal, on 25 April 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

You must have not seen L grade gems that only can be equipped on L grade accessories. If you know anything about revamped Rippers you wouldn't suggest a shift blow tech either. One rdn phys ring with L grade gem is better than DDNL ring with p.attk+elem already along with giving crit dmg and fd. 400 more fd on 3set+2 L gems means at least 3% dmg boost even if you have like no FD.

Add up rdnl phys ring with this gem and 3set bonus compared to old L rings with patt+fire.
Posted Image

#29 SweetPhie

SweetPhie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:22 AM

View PostExassassin, on 26 April 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

You must have not seen L grade gems that only can be equipped on L grade accessories. If you know anything about revamped Rippers you wouldn't suggest a shift blow tech either. One rdn phys ring with L grade gem is better than DDNL ring with p.attk+elem already along with giving crit dmg and fd. 400 more fd on 3set+2 L gems means at least 3% dmg boost even if you have like no FD.

Add up rdnl phys ring with this gem and 3set bonus compared to old L rings with patt+fire.
Posted Image

how to get that L grade jade? is that tradeable

#30 Exassassin

Exassassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:00 AM

View PostSweetPhie, on 27 April 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

how to get that L grade jade? is that tradeable

L grade gems drop in RDN HC and has 1 unbind.

#31 SweetPhie

SweetPhie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostExassassin, on 27 April 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

L grade gems drop in RDN HC and has 1 unbind.

already out in sea?

#32 Nateal

Nateal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:00 PM

View PostSweetPhie, on 26 April 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

im on the process of making a ripper sir. :D, btw thanks for some information regarding on what acce i will use.
skill ring (shift blow)
L grade ring (p.attk+fire elem) if afford :D
skill earring (mortal blow)
skill neck with agi as you say sir.

my plan on getting acce.

lastly sir. so much better if i stack fire elem first than FD. and just change it as i progress in the game?

Yes, stack as much Fire attack as possible, but keep in mind that you must also keep your P.att at a decent spot. I think something like 45%+ would be a good baseline.

As for FD, I would highly suggest not stacking it. It is quite literally the hardest stat to stack, since everything with FD in it is expensive as hell. Not to mention that FD's stat to damage ratio is a huge bellcurve (Meaning that the more of it you have, the more damage it will give you, but is utter shyt if you only have a little). Unless you can stack 5000+ FD( which is around 80%, correct me if Im wrong) then don't even try it. Trust me, I've tried, and at 2000 FD im still only at 10% (T.T)

View PostExassassin, on 26 April 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

Posted Image

This jade doesn't exist in DN Sea yet, and there's no confirmation on when it'll come out. Once it's out, I will consider suggesting it. But at the moment I'll stick to my opinions.

Edited by Nateal, 28 April 2016 - 07:01 PM.

#33 YouMakeMyDay

YouMakeMyDay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • (Neko Armageddon Breeder Kings)

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

Kudos to you Nateal.

#34 Nateal

Nateal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

Guide has been updated. I'll be adding more to it on some other time, prolly gonna put some Solo nest runs in there too or something.

#35 unknownH12

unknownH12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts
  • bipolar af
  • pffff

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

Nateal I'm not sure about the skill build, mind explaining it?
Because I'm seeing alot of wasted SP like lv 2 ulti, lv 17 BR instead of 16 or lv 19 SB instead of 16 or Izuna at 13 instead of 11. As far as I know they don't make a difference unless you are going for skill accessories.
Also explain the lv 14 Fan of Knives?

Edited by unknownH12, 05 May 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#36 unknownH12

unknownH12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts
  • bipolar af
  • pffff

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:42 PM

Also, opinion on Raindrop being nearly as strong as Mortal Blow even at 100% Fire?

#37 Hitorin

Hitorin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Aenka
  • DN, Holywood
  • Owari

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:50 AM

I need your opinion for my pve skill build pls.
Spoiler

#38 Remorseless

Remorseless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • -
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • -

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:34 PM

Nateal, Good job. You saved alot of idiots from your enlightenment.

#39 Exassassin

Exassassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostHitorin, on 06 May 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Spoiler

None of those. It really depends on what you plan on teching, flame locust and mortal blow is worth teching, definitely cash skill up flame locust if you can. You need max level skill pts to tech a skill for that 10% extra dmg. Lvl 2 ulti is a waste of that 1 sp also.
My build, Barrage is bad to try using especially off cd, every Ripper will realize this after playing it enough and checking skill description in damage meter.

Posted Image

Edited by Exassassin, 06 May 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#40 Nateal

Nateal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostunknownH12, on 05 May 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

Nateal I'm not sure about the skill build, mind explaining it?
Because I'm seeing alot of wasted SP like lv 2 ulti, lv 17 BR instead of 16 or lv 19 SB instead of 16 or Izuna at 13 instead of 11. As far as I know they don't make a difference unless you are going for skill accessories.

Im assuming that you're talking about my PvE build. There's a very simple explanation for this. It's simply because there's a limit on the amount of SP that you can put into the Chaser tree. Even if you do take out those extra SP from those skill, where would you put them? There's not really any other skill where you can put it in where it'll make a difference. And if your point is that you want to get some skills in the raven tree, then it would be better to follow my hybrid build then.

Now that you mention it though, I do see the point in removing the extra point from Crippling Punisher. It would be possible to dump it into Applause on my Hybrid build for the power spike.

Also explain the lv 14 Fan of Knives?

Not much to explain there, since I just dumped all my extra SP in there as I've mentioned in the guide. Feel free to take some points out from it and place it elsewhere.

View PostunknownH12, on 05 May 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

Also, opinion on Raindrop being nearly as strong as Mortal Blow even at 100% Fire?

Not really. Ever since the buff to Mortal Blow, it's now your strongest DPS skill, with 3115% board damage 3x at lvl15. With a Skill earring (which you should get, btw), it's nearly as strong as Izuna Drop, and you can cast it 3 times in quick succession. That's more than 10000%+ board damage.

View PostHitorin, on 06 May 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Spoiler

Although Dedicate shadow got nerfed this patch, it's still very decent healing skill, which heals for 30% HP over the course of 10 seconds. I cannot stress enough how important a skill it is, especially in endgame nests like RDN and RDNHC. It's literally as much healing as an LF's Chakra Miracle, only difference is that it takes 10 secs to take full effect. Although I understand that getting lvl11 on Rain Drop is very tempting, it's not really worth it.

As far as my testing goes, Rain Drop only does 7 hits max on regular-sized bosses, which means that at lvl 11 that's barely above 2000% board damage, on a dark element skill. That's not a lot of damage, as good as it sounds. I would still suggest getting Dedicate shadow over it, or leaving Applause at 1 instead to get it to lvl 11.