Stay Tuned... Your Daily Acro Discussion (Updated For Cap 93 Stuff)

• Please log in to reply
833 replies to this topic

#1 Komaeda

Komaeda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:29 AM

Your daily TV to acro goodness.

ACROBAT BOOST AS OF 11TH MAY PATCH KR
ty freedomplays

COMPLETE SKILL CHANGES + AWAKENING

Spoiler

AWAKENING

Spoiler

Will acrobat return to its former glory? Stay tuned to the reveal patch (:>)

Edited by Komaeda, 11 May 2016 - 09:47 PM.

#2 SianG-

SianG-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Fureimu
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:14 PM

Still playing Tempest. (;])

Have Timeless's YT channel as my thanks for this topic
https://www.youtube....DnW4aljxFmt_G7w

Edited by SianG-, 06 January 2016 - 12:18 PM.

#3 OneCha

OneCha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • KeshiaNi
  • WHY NO DN , BLITSWOOD IN WORLD?

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:46 PM

any suggestions for skill rotation for tempest? as of now im using this ...  BindingShot>DSK>ED>KickShot>DR EXi>SV>HD
and is it worth it to utilize the full animation of KickShot or just cancel it for DR EXi?

SV's damage boost (oo)

Edited by OneCha, 06 January 2016 - 02:47 PM.

#4 SianG-

SianG-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Fureimu
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:02 PM

There's no skill rotation for Tempest. It's basically what makes Tempest so free and easy. You use skill based on situations. But always start each rotation off with Binding Shot + DSK for the debuff. I start off with BS + DSK > Hurri Dance + DSK. It's all up to personal preference.

#5 DarklynerZ

DarklynerZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1509 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

yep there really are no fixed skill rotations for tempest except for those that apply debuff. Although in a raid setting, u may not even need to apply the debuff at all since some other class will probably do it for u.

As for my skill rotation, i want to focus on getting Divine rage up as quickly as possible, so i would always prioritize bindshot> dsk as first priority, followed by either HD > dsk to cd the DR faster, or use SV incase HD happens to be in cd. I also make it a habit of throwing in bloomkicks here and there as it does great dmg, low cd and has fast casting.

I understand that somepeople might say DR takes to long to cast and etc, and it is definitely arguable. Just that personally, i love using DR and its long iframe, so i center my skil rotation around it.

Others will have their own skill rotations and its all well and good =)

#6 eldentsai

eldentsai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:27 PM

(1:20 How did hurricane dance's CD got reduced to 20s as opposed to the usual 32s btw)
i read somewhere that in the recent patch, UI show actual cooldown of skill when use spirit boost, time acelerate....
HD cd is 32s, under SB, it 32*0.6=19.2s

#7 SianG-

SianG-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Fureimu
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

There's also a setting to show CD of cooldown time now. ._.

#8 Serafina

Serafina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Serahfine, xRelmx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Epitaph

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

Galing po.
I'll treat you McDonalds. (:>) (rose)

#9 Yotomori

Yotomori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2223 posts
  • Hiszuka
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

no pvp (T.T)

#10 Komaeda

Komaeda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:34 PM

I was just about to discuss acro pvp

Acro used to be the front and the most attractive pvp class. I honestly think Acro is the best designed class for pvp
but for whatever reason devs decide to rapidly nerf acro to oblivion

until their iframes in the acro tree were reduced to 4 (tempest has 5)...

I would like to discuss the major problems acro have in PVP:

1. Very few mistakes are allowed right now as acro DO NOT HAVE SA at all, and iframes are so scarce... their SAB power is also largely reduced.
2. I feel like our damage isn't on par with the others, idk
3. Narrow range

(T.T)

#11 HurriDANCE

HurriDANCE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5179 posts
  • I'm your
  • DN, Springwood
  • Tempest

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:01 PM

OneCha, on 06 January 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

any suggestions for skill rotation for tempest? as of now im using this ...  BindingShot>DSK>ED>KickShot>DR EXi>SV>HD
and is it worth it to utilize the full animation of KickShot or just cancel it for DR EXi?

SV's damage boost (oo)

Here's mine, personally.

Circle Shot > Kick N Shot (even with the shooting animation, it's fine) > Binding Shot (with out right clicks, just let the pulling animation finish) > Divine Rage EXi > SV EX > HD (with right click) > DSK > Eagle Dive > Kick N Shot > Binding Shot (with right click) > DSK > Willow Kick > repeat

or just simply do

Circle Shot > Kick N Shot (even with the shooting animation, same as above) > Binding Shot (with out right clicks, no DSK, same as above) > Divine Rage EXi > SV left click EX > willow kick > Hurricane Dance EX > DSK > repeat

Edited by HurriDANCE, 07 January 2016 - 07:10 PM.

#12 FuyunoKikyou

FuyunoKikyou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1351 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

Komaeda, on 07 January 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

I was just about to discuss acro pvp

Acro used to be the front and the most attractive pvp class. I honestly think Acro is the best designed class for pvp
but for whatever reason devs decide to rapidly nerf acro to oblivion

until their iframes in the acro tree were reduced to 4 (tempest has 5)...

I would like to discuss the major problems acro have in PVP:

1. Very few mistakes are allowed right now as acro DO NOT HAVE SA at all, and iframes are so scarce... their SAB power is also largely reduced.
2. I feel like our damage isn't on par with the others, idk
3. Narrow range

(T.T)

in my opinion, we still have good SAB and damage (our damage is actually improved a bit in order to compensate for the loss of iframes). the real problem i face is next to no SA, as many of our skills are now at 200 SA mark (T.T) our SAB skills aren't at all instant like people usually think which makes landing them even harder with the absence of iframes.

#13 Serafina

Serafina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Serahfine, xRelmx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Epitaph

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:30 AM

FuyunoKikyou, on 07 January 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

in my opinion, we still have good SAB and damage (our damage is actually improved a bit in order to compensate for the loss of iframes). the real problem i face is next to no SA, as many of our skills are now at 200 SA mark (T.T) our SAB skills aren't at all instant like people usually think which makes landing them even harder with the absence of iframes.
Acro's damage isn't so bad I guess. Either that or some classes are just way too paper (Chasers). I mean Lv16 Multi Shot does at least 1.2k per arrow, and DSK is like 1-2k per kick, which I don't think is that bad.
But yeah the SA thing.... it's a bit... well...
I just pretty much abuse Spiral Vortex EX to 'tank' and iframe my sorry butt out. (lol)

#14 Komaeda

Komaeda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

I think the reason acro's damage is "boosted" in pvp is because of the pdef vs mdef disparity situation right now...

#15 eldentsai

eldentsai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

acro dmg only good when compare to classes that dont have "reset/not share cd EXi type" in PVP. A melee cling snake EXi from SE 80k dmg, line drive EXi from glad 40-50k dmg, sepctrum shower from smasher ..... and more, LOL !!!! that freaking ..............
now imagine WW with eagle dive that reset cd by air pound, or Tempest with SV that reset cd by spirit shot, GG (clap)
One more thing, cyclone kick SA have been reduced to ash, i dont know if it's lag or not, but i used kick shot (non EX version, 225 SAB/hit, that about 450 SAB) to cancel cyclone kick, cyclone kick cancel just by 1 hit of line of darkness (300 SAB per hit). While look at Glady, they have somewhat similar gameplay to acros (melee,combo, use i-frame to counter) but their SA, SAB, i-frame keep untouch, their ulti changed to full i-frame but not tempest, damm (mad) . I have to say, acro VS glady is a nightmare (sob)

#16 Komaeda

Komaeda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:50 PM

Honestly it's pure BS at this point and I don't expect acro's pvp capabilities to be improved (T.T)

#17 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10243 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

SianG-, on 06 January 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

Still playing Tempest. (;])

Have Timeless's YT channel as my thanks for this topic
https://www.youtube....DnW4aljxFmt_G7w
Whenever I see Timeless playing, I feel he's not playing Acro, but some kind of 0 CD class or something.

#18 Sot

Sot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

^ Hence, Timeless?

@pvp with acro
idk if it's just me but I get smacked out of almost all my skills in group pvp. casual scrub gaming at its finest :v

#19 Komaeda

Komaeda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:41 AM

fourrier, on 08 January 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

Whenever I see Timeless playing, I feel he's not playing Acro, but some kind of 0 CD class or something.
Is basically how Acro should be designed to be though....

#20 SianG-

SianG-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Fureimu
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

CD plate on Spirit Boost, I guess.