Stay Tuned... Your Daily Acro Discussion (Updated For Cap 93 Stuff)

• Please log in to reply
833 replies to this topic

#821 dupminus

dupminus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:43 PM

It's true ! Windwalker are fun and enjoyable ! I personally don't care too much about damage potential as long as its fun , but surprisingly WW are bursty like Barbarian and i like it honestly ...

About ulti cooldown , do it stack ? I mean with total level skill (-10%) , Spirit Boost (40%) , cd plate (20%) . I find it rather hard to get the cd plate since almost all of them are damage +20% .

#822 marshallphantom

marshallphantom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • RyuukKun/HirokiKun
  • DN, Holywood
  • Holy2

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:06 AM

is it just me or tempest is ninja nerfed in pvp? well i got both tempest and windwalker. I observed that WW can earn 2 air currents per second, while tempest earns 1 air current per second. this is without buffs. devs really hate tempests -.-

#823 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10233 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

View Postdupminus, on 03 April 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

It's true ! Windwalker are fun and enjoyable ! I personally don't care too much about damage potential as long as its fun , but surprisingly WW are bursty like Barbarian and i like it honestly ...

About ulti cooldown , do it stack ? I mean with total level skill (-10%) , Spirit Boost (40%) , cd plate (20%) . I find it rather hard to get the cd plate since almost all of them are damage +20% .
Not sure how the total level calculation goes, but Spirit Boost and CD plate has their own multiplier.

"Stack" is a confusing term.

#824 dupminus

dupminus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:52 AM

View Postfourrier, on 04 April 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Not sure how the total level calculation goes, but Spirit Boost and CD plate has their own multiplier.

"Stack" is a confusing term.

This is stack : total cd = cd-(cd*(mod1%+mod2%+mod3%))

or is there any other formula ?

#825 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10233 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:22 PM

Here's how Spirit boost CD decrease (-40%) works together the -20% CD plate on a hypothetical 100 second skill :

100s -> 100s * (1-20%) = 80s with CD plate -> 80s * (1-40%) = 48s with both CD plate and Spirit Boost.

"Stack" described by gamers are vaguely defined.

Edited by fourrier, 04 April 2017 - 07:26 PM.

#826 Evellyn

Evellyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:27 PM

its more advantage if you use damage heraldy on spiral edge. you just need to spam air pouce to active ac skill. when under show time+spiritboost you can spam 3-4x spiral edge.

#827 dupminus

dupminus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:14 AM

View Postfourrier, on 04 April 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

Here's how Spirit boost CD decrease (-40%) works together the -20% CD plate on a hypothetical 100 second skill :

100s -> 100s * (1-20%) = 80s with CD plate -> 80s * (1-40%) = 48s with both CD plate and Spirit Boost.

"Stack" described by gamers are vaguely defined.

That's a levelled stack formula , which means , some modifiers are applied first and then the next modifier modify the first modifier's result

Traditionally , what usually playerbase definition of stack is accumulated modifier stack which sum all modifier and apply it in one go , but i guess old timers like me didn't follow the trend of younger generation . I am sorry and thanks .

View PostEvellyn, on 04 April 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

its more advantage if you use damage heraldy on spiral edge. you just need to spam air pouce to active ac skill. when under show time+spiritboost you can spam 3-4x spiral edge.

On my mind if it was accumulated modifier stack , it would be (90-(90*70%)) = 27 seconds . And casting 3x (Air Pounce > Blooming Kick) takes 5~6.8s so after First ulti > 3x (AP > BK) > Ulti again , but sadly it isn't . The plate and the total skill is the first level modifier so (90-(90*30%))=x , x=63 , and the second level modifier is spirit boost which means = (63-(63*40%)) = 37.8 , roughly 38s

If it was like on my mind , it would means i can spam ulti under buff roughly 6~8 times , and it's a better damage than Barbs 3ECS ...

So by calculation even after using full cd setup only increase amount of ulti executed by 1 (from 3~4 to 4~5) ...

But oh well i have to do the investor's deed before i can test it so ...

@Evellyn & @fourrier Thanks a lot for explaining it to this old timers , i really appreciate it (:])

#828 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10233 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:40 AM

View Postdupminus, on 05 April 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

That's a levelled stack formula , which means , some modifiers are applied first and then the next modifier modify the first modifier's result

Traditionally , what usually playerbase definition of stack is accumulated modifier stack which sum all modifier and apply it in one go , but i guess old timers like me didn't follow the trend of younger generation . I am sorry and thanks .

*Erghm* I had been playing since late 2011 until October last year.
In term of game mechanics, I have tried to be as clear and as concise as possible when defining the term.

I use the term "stack" only as far as to describe "The 2 (or more) effects can coexist". But when it comes to calculation, we need to go deeper than the term "stack".

#829 dupminus

dupminus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

View Postfourrier, on 05 April 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

*Erghm* I had been playing since late 2011 until October last year.

I don't mean it in dragon nest only , but i've been playing illegally kDN obt/cbt cap 24 when not even full 8 man party can't clear minotaur's nest , that was fall 2008 to winter 2009/2010 i believe . It's not long after that that my account suspended and terminated due to blatant clear violation of kDN's ToS ...

But even i didn't play the original first launch of cap 16 , i heard there wasn't job advancement yet ...

View Postfourrier, on 05 April 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

In term of game mechanics, I have tried to be as clear and as concise as possible when defining the term.

That's why i stated it as 'traditionally' . The online gamer that began to play after 1999~2000 have this tendency to include logical math to their build and explanation . I am sorry for not including the definition before i ask .

The first gaming term of 'stack' are used way before 1996 . It was not even a 'player terms' at that time . And at 2002 the terms stack began to refer to what we would call "Accumulated Modifier Stack" . Any other than that is not our definition of "stack" .

*ehem* , where are my manners . Back to topic .

Quick question from senior WW here :
  • I find awakening spiral kick useless , should i drop it or just save my scroll ? I rarely use it in pve neither in pvp ...
  • Should i take Air Pounce max or just leave it at 6 to gain access to Tempest's skill tree ? I didn't use it to dpsing since the damage comes from AC BK and ulti
And thanks before the answer ...

#830 Sot

Sot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1881 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

View Postdupminus, on 05 April 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

Quick question from senior WW here :
  • I find awakening spiral kick useless , should i drop it or just save my scroll ? I rarely use it in pve neither in pvp ...
  • Should i take Air Pounce max or just leave it at 6 to gain access to Tempest's skill tree ? I didn't use it to dpsing since the damage comes from AC BK and ulti

View PostNvin, on 08 November 2016 - 03:37 AM, said:

Skill Build Notes (PvE)
Windwalker:
  • Max Air Pounce, since it will be spammed.
  • It is not necessary to max Spiral Kick [SK] (And take SK Awakening)
  • Spam Flash Kick to farm ACs
source: you already visited this thread but ok

if you're asking if you should use reset scroll, people can't really answer if you don't share your current build

#831 Evellyn

Evellyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

yes spiral kick awakening the one of the useless awk. like majesty awk charge misisle. is better you spend your sp to another skill.

#832 Nvin

Nvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Lorallite
  • DN, Springwood
  • QUEENS Guild

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

Hi, anyone who knows a thread of the current gear comparison?
TIA~

EDIT: need to gather info to update general guide

Edited by Nvin, 07 April 2017 - 05:25 PM.

#833 ElociN

ElociN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Woahddles
  • DN, Westwood
  • KALAWANG

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:19 AM

View PostEvellyn, on 01 September 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

ah my bad, i must be forget i didnt max rising strom cause i already click the ex skill (sorry) , thanks for remindering here. my new ww build. i only left spin kick in lv 1, cause is isnt main dps only for activation for ac.

Posted Image
just want to ask, why you can still learn the spiral kick awakening even your spiral kick is level 1?

#834 Nvin

Nvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Lorallite
  • DN, Springwood
  • QUEENS Guild

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:34 AM

View PostElociN, on 20 May 2017 - 12:19 AM, said:

just want to ask, why you can still learn the spiral kick awakening even your spiral kick is level 1?

Hi!

It would help if you re-read the whole thread. It was also a concern by others and was already corrected by Evellyn.
If you like a summary of what was discussed, you can check on the other thread, general acro guide (pinned and a link is on my sig.)

Have a nice day!